Casey "playing" with Caylee (video)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that I did notice. She is fake... and very bad at it!

This is the one thing I did notice as well. I'm sure we could sit and pick apart everything and over analyze - but the one thing I see is kc putting on an act. Just like with most photos we see of them together, kc is trying to overshadow Caylee

Yes, I agree! I am not trying to defend Casey, but I honestly didn't see anything wrong with the video or how she interacted with Caylee. I play with my kids the same exact way.

Nothing wrong with the videos.
I think people try to find things there that really aren't there.

Over analyzing things can make things appear that really are non existent!

I agree, I don't see any abusive or oddly controlling behavior in these videos.

However, I was struck by how, when KC is on her back on the floor with Caylee, whoever is filming keeps the camera on KC's face and bosom while Caylee drifts in and out of frame, obviously not holding the filmer's attention as much as KC is. Probably nothing if one of KC's boyfriends was filming this, but odd if it was someone in her family.

This video has bothered me too; until the wri holding was pointed out, I wasn't sure why. It does seem unusual to me.

As for KC being able to get out from under CA's thumb, I don't think it's as simple as that. When one lives with a super-controlling parent (or spouse), there is a sort of learned helplessness and lack of initiative that comes along with it. If you live your life never being allowed to make your own decisions, you come to believe that you are INCAPABLE of doing so. The more CA pushed to get KC to "grow up" (as long as growing up was kept within the rigid confines of CA's ideas about what that means), the more frustrated and desperate KC probably became because she was being expected to do something she'd been conditioned to believe she was incapable of doing. I bet there was terror in KC's heart-true terror--whenever there was a threat to kick her out and force her to make her own way. That's probably why she seemed to go through so many men/boys so quickly. She was shopping around for someone ELSE to take the responsibility for her because she knew she couldn't do it on her own. I also think her failure to graduate was purposeful--a way for her to delay growing up as well as a way to have a built-in excuse for not getting a job or going to college.

JMO, of course!

First time I had seen this pic.

fwsy88.jpg

Have you seen this one?

leeCaseyTony.jpg

I agree, I don't see any abusive or oddly controlling behavior in these videos.

However, I was struck by how, when KC is on her back on the floor with Caylee, whoever is filming keeps the camera on KC's face and bosom while Caylee drifts in and out of frame, obviously not holding the filmer's attention as much as KC is. Probably nothing if one of KC's boyfriends was filming this, but odd if it was someone in her family.

I know I do this alot when filming my own children with their dad or someone else because im holding it down so I don't have to watch it through the camera, or because i don't want them to see the camera cause then they start acting different and want to "see it! see it" on the camcorder screen. :)

I was struck by how, when KC is on her back on the floor with Caylee, whoever is filming keeps the camera on KC's face and bosom while Caylee drifts in and out of frame, obviously not holding the filmer's attention as much as KC is. Probably nothing if one of KC's boyfriends was filming this, but odd if it was someone in her family.

Snipped by me.

Cindy filmed this video.

fwsy88.jpg

Thanks. That's the first time I've seen that pic also. It's eerie how even as a young child, she had that empty, superficial, phony smile. She had the same creepy smile in that one childhood pic released by the defense.
Which makes me wonder if she really was born a sociopath, or just ended up that way after years of being exposed to cindys dysfunctional behavior.

Thanks everyone for sharing and joining in a civil discussion :woohoo:

See, my opinion is that there are things wrong with the videos.
Casey didn't interact with Caylee one on one while filming her, but hams it up on film when other people are around? Caylee's second birthday party video, to me, was so disturbing!

Someone instigates Caylee to get mom with her sticky fingers and Casey seems to snap into what we now know as the real Casey; and says "No." "she did that last year..." so when Cindy swipes Casey's face with Caylee icing hand, Casey wipes it down Caylee's face, then tries to get it on Cindy's. Cindy eats off Caylee's fingers so Casey does.
Cindy wipes Caylee down with a paper towel as Casey holds her, then grabs a wet rag and Casey grabs the wet rag from Cindy while she is wiping Caylee down and says "my turn".

She also appears annoyed because Caylee wouldn't give her a kiss when she stuck her lips out.

Thanks. That's the first time I've seen that pic also. It's eerie how even as a young child, she had that empty, superficial, phony smile. She had the same creepy smile in that one childhood pic released by the defense.
Which makes me wonder if she really was born a sociopath, or just ended up that way after years of being exposed to cindys dysfunctional behavior (and 80's hair). Let's go with a little of both.

If all of us looked back at our childhood pictures I bet we could find pictures where the smiles were fake. Kids sometimes don't want their pictures taken, but force a smile to get it over with.

I do agree that KC is mentally ill.

If all of us looked back at our childhood pictures I bet we could find pictures where the smiles were fake. Kids sometimes don't want their pictures taken, but force a smile to get it over with.

I do agree that KC is mentally ill.

True, but she always has that smile and creepy look, both as child andadult, which makes me think it's contrived.

I don't know.. she just really freaks me out. There is nothing inside her, nothing behind her eyes. Soulless.. empty windows.

Just sayin'..

This video has bothered me too; until the wri holding was pointed out, I wasn't sure why. It does seem unusual to me.

As for KC being able to get out from under CA's thumb, I don't think it's as simple as that. When one lives with a super-controlling parent (or spouse), there is a sort of learned helplessness and lack of initiative that comes along with it. If you live your life never being allowed to make your own decisions, you come to believe that you are INCAPABLE of doing so. The more CA pushed to get KC to "grow up" (as long as growing up was kept within the rigid confines of CA's ideas about what that means), the more frustrated and desperate KC probably became because she was being expected to do something she'd been conditioned to believe she was incapable of doing. I bet there was terror in KC's heart-true terror--whenever there was a threat to kick her out and force her to make her own way. That's probably why she seemed to go through so many men/boys so quickly. She was shopping around for someone ELSE to take the responsibility for her because she knew she couldn't do it on her own. I also think her failure to graduate was purposeful--a way for her to delay growing up as well as a way to have a built-in excuse for not getting a job or going to college.

JMO, of course!

I respect your opinion but I'm afraid I can't agree. She was able to make decisions about stealing money, not just from family but also friends, and make up jobs and nannies. Just look at/listen to the tapes of her interactions with her family when she is in jail - that anger is definitely not learned helplessness -"huge waste" etc. It seems to me that G&C are afraid of her, not the other way around.

Eidetic, agree with your note on the civility of this discussion! Go team!

Great observations and comments here. Adding mine to the mix:

1. I would not have noticed anything amiss in the part of the video showing KC playing with Caylee on the floor. But the section where Caylee is dancing just reinforces the others we've seen where KC is alone with her daughter and simply DOES NOT INTERACT with her. Even Caylee's dancing seems inhibited/forced. Thinking about dancing with my nieces it just breaks my heart--I cannot imagine just sitting there filming them silently instead of setting the cam aside to boogie down with them.

2. Caylee with her great-grandpa chokes me up every time. What is she thinking as she clings to him with that faraway look in her eyes? First I wondered if maybe she was intimidated by the place, as assisted living facilities can be daunting to a young child. But she's not trying to get away, or ask for CA or KC. She is nestled in his arms and she doesn't want to leave, doesn't even respond to the first command to kiss and hug him goodbye. Also makes me wonder what he was thinking in those moments too.

3. KC's "creepy" eyes and smile--to me, it's not that there's nothing there. I see that overexaggerated smile and remember the fact that chimps use similar expressions to both intimidate and appease, in situations where they are fearful. Lots of teeth, definitely the first thing the viewer notices. It's not "I'm having so much fun," it's "I am having fun/adorable/sexy/in charge of this situation, and don't you dare doubt it!" I look in those eyes and I see a person trying to calculate how she is being received, without revealing her insecurities.

MOO, as ever, and thanks to all for the discussion.

fwsy88.jpg

Through time, and across the ocean, I'm pretty sure I can smell cindy's hairspray through my monitor. Yowza!

Anyway, I honestly don't see anything weird about the videos of casey playing with caylee. I think at times we can be too over-analytical.

Think back to your own photo albums or videos. When I remember pictures of me when I was a kid, there are tons of 'bad' pictures, that, if held up to this same kind of scrutiny, people would say I was abused, malnourished, neglected, etc., but that's not even remotely true. My folks have pictures of me as a 2-year-old eating handfuls of dirt out of houseplants, sitting on the toilet and crying, playing lawn darts, etc. Imagine your own photos, and what people would say about them in this same environment.

but the "breakfast with caylee" video, however, is CREEEEEPY.

IMO

Takenote, he's singing "you are my sunshine." It gets me every time.

i know he does sing you are my sunshine :).....but at first.....i hear happy birthday....and then CA says....keep singing after papa stops and then i hear you are my sunshine.....i wanted someone to really listen to see if anyone else hears happy birthday....right at the start....

I respect your opinion but I'm afraid I can't agree. She was able to make decisions about stealing money, not just from family but also friends, and make up jobs and nannies. Just look at/listen to the tapes of her interactions with her family when she is in jail - that anger is definitely not learned helplessness -"huge waste" etc. It seems to me that G&C are afraid of her, not the other way around.

sorry mods to continue an off topic that I started! I don't disagree with what you're saying--I think I probably didn't explain what i was thinking as well as I could have. One thing I'm betting that we can surely agree on is that this is one messed up family!

Thanks for being so gentle and respectful with your words! I'm so glad when we all here can disagree without getting ugly or negative! :)

Think back to your own photo albums or videos. When I remember pictures of me when I was a kid, there are tons of 'bad' pictures, that, if held up to this same kind of scrutiny, people would say I was abused, malnourished, neglected, etc., but that's not even remotely true. (...) but the "breakfast with caylee" video, however, is CREEEEEPY.

IMO

Respectfully snipped...

Soju, completely agree. My family album contains a lovely black and white of me circa 18 months, in one of those wind-up swing rockers, head tilted back, and both little paws wrapped around a can of Falstaff beer which to all appearances I am chugging to my wee heart's delight. It was empty, but God forbid I ever go into politics.

It's really the ones where KC is alone with her daughter that are so chillingly abnormal.

True, but she always has that smile and creepy look, both as child andadult, which makes me think it's contrived.

I don't know.. she just really freaks me out. There is nothing inside her, nothing behind her eyes. Soulless.. empty windows.

Just sayin'..

"Please remember the movie,"The Bad Seed!"

i know he does sing you are my sunshine :).....but at first.....i hear happy birthday....and then CA says....keep singing after papa stops and then i hear you are my sunshine.....i wanted someone to really listen to see if anyone else hears happy birthday....right at the start....

TakeNote, I don't have great sound equipment but I keep listening and I don't hear Happy Birthday... it sounds more like he is saying something, but I can't parse out what it might be. This is around the 3:50 mark if anyone with better sound equip can go in and clear things up? TIA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edlynch