Casey Rented Movie About Murder On Day Caylee May Have Died

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
All her guys are gonna be haunted by the fact that they shared a bed with a murderess. MOO

I bet they will have nightmares for a long time. TL must have freaked when he found out Caylee had been missing the entire time KC had been staying at his apartment.

this gives me cold chills.

knowing that 99% likelihood that baby was killed a few hours previous and looking so normal....and a movie with a rotting body in it? I would lose what little mind I had left, I cant even imagine doing it at all without losing it totally....even if I planned to hide the death.......
..... and she was perfectly fine with it.

*shudder*

I saw a clip last night, I do not recall who had it, but it showed that one of the movies she rented contained a scene with a decomposing body in the trunk of a car...isn't THAT ironic?

Has it been released whether it was Casey or Tony who actually picked out these two movies?

There were 2 murder movies Casey rented a few days before the assumed Caylee disappearance date. Does anyone remember what they were? it was mentioned on NG alot.

There were 2 murder movies Casey rented a few days before the assumed Caylee disappearance date. Does anyone remember what they were? it was mentioned on NG alot.

The movies were 'Jumper'(supposedly starts with a mom abandoning her child - I never saw though) and 'Untraceable' (about a serial killer-which I did see).

IMOO, I think way too much has been made about what these movies are about. These were movies that had just come out on video at the time, and were popular in the theater. Plus, given what we know of KC at this point, Tony was probably more influential in picking out the movies than KC.

again, just my opinion - and does not change the fact that I believe KC did this.

IMHO, too much has been made of "Jumper". It's a sci-fi/adventure movie based on a popular teenage book. I've read the book and seen the movie. The plot is about a teenager who can teleport. It is NOT about child abuse, a mother who abandons a young boy, etc. While those elements are in the film (the abuse is watered down for the film), they really are very minor. Nothing in the previews or back of the box would lead one to think "hey, a movie about child abandonment! -- let me rent this since it touches on my life in some meaningful way."

By the way, I originally read Jumper because someone was trying to have it banned from a library about 10 years back. There is a scene where the father attempts to rape the 13-year-old boy (about 3 pages into the book or so!), which is where he first discovers that he can teleport. It is not actually an intense scene (as one would think based on the topic), just lasting a paragraph or so as I recall. But someone wanted the book "banned" because of that.

I'll always read (or read them to my son) books which I hear someone wants to "ban". We read "And Tango Makes Three", "What Makes a Family?" and "King & King" recently, which some folks didn't like because of the gay themes (even though the first is non-fiction). The first is decent, second is so-so, but the third is not a good book (poor story and art).

ive seen them both and they seem like guy flicks something TonE probably wanted to see . esp jumper .. they are both good movies though

I wanted to bump this thread because I have been thinking about the movies that were rented the night Caylee was last seen alive. Some people seem to think that "Jumper" has no real significance to this case, but I beg to differ.

The trailer could have been what Casey was drawn to.

The Voice Over during the trailer says:

"Think of life... others only dream of. No limits. No boundaries... but their freedom comes with a price."

It a movie about a young man with a powerful gift. He is able to teleport himself around the world and get away with seemingly everything. Much like Casey created a world, within those 31 days, where she was in different locations... with different people... depending on who she was talking with at the time. She, in her mind, could be anywhere... at anytime... and no one at the time was calling her out on it. She could get away with seemingly everything... and she did... for 31 days.

Samuel L. Jackson's character in this trailer says this when confronting the main character (Hayden Christianson? sp?).

"Don't run. I just want to ask you some questions. You think you can go on like this forever? Living like this with no consequences? There are always consequences."

Fast forward to Casey's Diary of Days:

"With great power, comes great consequences."

I think the motive for renting this movie was the trailer... I believe it spoke to Casey... a life without boundaries... a life with no limits... her freedom would come with a price (she hoped the ends justified the means?)... the character was powerful... but in the end... there are always consequences.

I have never actually watched the movie "Jumper" so I can not say anything other than what the trailer says to me... about Casey on June 16th, 2008.

The movie Untraceable... I have also never seen the movie, but I have read the screenplay. In the screenplay, the kidnapper/murderer uses the internet to broadcast the death of his victims... he uses a "Timer" or to track the "Estimated Time of Death." The more viewers to the site he is broadcasting the death of the victim to... the faster the "Timer" goes and the quicker the person dies.

I believe this is where Casey came up with her "Timer55" password. If you count from June 16th to August 9th... you will get 55 days. 55 days from Caylee's death until Caylee's birthday... to me, it was Casey reminding herself that she had 55 days until she would have to account for Caylee... 55 days to plan her getaway (Mark Hawkins?).

I want to say that Cindy, Lee or George told detectives that the Timer55 password was created as part of the script... that it would be 55 days until ZFG would bring Caylee back... on her 3rd birthday... this was part of the "I'm taking her to teach you a lesson" Jay Blanchard Park beatdown -kidnapping story.

There is also a scene in the screenplay where one of the victims bodies is found in the trunk of a car... inside black trash bags. It makes me wonder if Casey didn't bag Caylee in the black trash bags until after watching this movie? Or is it just a coincidence?

Anyways... I don't know if Casey had any real motive for renting these particular two movies when they were actually rented... I do however think that they are significant (both films) because I believe that Casey used parts of these movies... the same way she uses what happens in other peoples lives... to create her stories.

I hope this makes sense.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro
Back