Casey Smirks In Front Of Jury

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
What could be going through her mind while listening to these tapes? Is she critiquing her lying? Is she embarrassed...ashamed? I just can't imagine being caught in lie after lie after lie and not being mortified!

IMHO -- You can't imagine it because you're not a sociopath -- her mind does not react to or perceive events the way our minds do, and she has no ability to notice that what she does is different or not acceptable, or care if she does notice -- it's simply not in her.

I don't think she tried to be this way -- she simply is this way. There certainly are other sociopaths out there who operate fairly well in society -- they usually stand back and take cues from others; and certainly all of them are not killers or bank robbers, etc., etc. (I had a 3rd cousin who got in trouble with the IRS due to his selling family property -- or trying to -- as if he were the sole owner -- he was a diagnosed sociopath, and all of us received a quick education on the subject. It was a long drawn-out legal thing, so I do know a bit about it -- from the family situation, a hired consultant, and further research...) Forgive -- I tend to ramble...
icon11.gif
All this is just my humble comment and opinion...

When I watch her face while she watches things going on.
It seems almost like she is placing herself in a movie theater, and just
watching her own life movie?

Interesting about the big congratulatory smirk for Yuri. I did not see it. However, I DID see something equally weird when Lee was on the stand. She was boo hooing and going all cow-eyed in his direction. It seemed to me that she was likely really hoping he would look her way. Then, much to my amazement, she appeared to kiss her own wrist! Honest to Pete! It was the briefest moment and I could barely believe it, but there it was!

I saw this too. I'm sure it was a sign to him.

Hi, WS'ers :seeya:! I'm new to this Anthony board but not very new to WS.

But I just had to respond and agree with you, Sleuth5 -- CA is in the high order of narcissists as well as, IMO, sociopaths. Her lack of empathy makes it nearly impossible for her to know how to react to something as others do. And she does crave attention and the spotlight, as you say. An exemplary model of an extreme narcissist -- but instead of relying on just her self-imagined superior intellect, she relies more heavily on lies, which roll out of her as easily as song lyrics. I would also have to say, as respectfully as I can muster, I feel that she would be a project for a psychiatrist or a psychologist. I'll stop now...
icon7.gif

BBM

Oh, I would think this would be a wonderful publishing opportunity, and here I am speaking of professional academic work, not popular publication. There is a significant interest in the field on the role of genetics in narcissistic personality disorders, and CA is certainly a narcissist as well. It would be an interesting and illuminating study, potentially a very important one as well.

All MOO

I don't take much of what Jean C. of In Sessions says as any kind of fact, but she did say that from where the jury sits to where Casey sits is a long way off...it is a big courtroom and that they mostly look at their monitors intently and that it would not be easy to catch her expressions from where they are...FWIW.

I think the jury should be much closer to the defendant, personally.

i agree, smirking at anyone, jury, esp. not smart at all...that may be what sends her to the big house...:loser:

ironic you say this manatee, esp. when i saw your( avatar? the side by side of ica, and none other than ted bundy) very interesting indeed... thanks again manatee. wish i had thought of it first.
the comparisons to scott peterson are interesting too...

IMHO she reminds me of a female Joran Vandersloot. Same pack of lies, and murder trail, to include stolen money. Can you imagine if they ever hooked up! Both seem to be cut from the same cloth - including the smirks and laughs. Joran also didn't/doesn't care who he hurt along the way, including his parents, friends, or Beth.

Both make my skin crawl.

MOO

Mel

Honest people who can see right through her lies intimidate her. :biggrin:
Sometimes I perceive intimidation, as you say -- it frustrates her ("What have I got so say now that will make him/her believe me?"....)

What I also see, IMHO, is anger, as if insulted -- it seems to really pizz her off -- as if she had had a bad review of her performance. Or, as if the person is just too stupid to understand what she just said -- she seems so cocksure of what she is saying... JMO.

i'm watching the cross now.

i feel like I'm watching My Cousin Vinny, Part 2.

she was smirking at him????????

That is too funny. I've been trying to describe to people who are not watching what it's been like. This is so perfect. :floorlaugh:

Interesting about the big congratulatory smirk for Yuri. I did not see it. However, I DID see something equally weird when Lee was on the stand. She was boo hooing and going all cow-eyed in his direction. It seemed to me that she was likely really hoping he would look her way. Then, much to my amazement, she appeared to kiss her own wrist! Honest to Pete! It was the briefest moment and I could barely believe it, but there it was!

This just really creeps me out! Did anyone catch a screen shot or know where we can see this on video? Remember - didn't Lee kiss his wrist (or wristband) during Caylee's memorial when he was talking about promises to "CMA"? This family is just incomprehensible.

BBM

Oh, I would think this would be a wonderful publishing opportunity, and here I am speaking of professional academic work, not popular publication. There is a significant interest in the field on the role of genetics in narcissistic personality disorders, and CA is certainly a narcissist as well. It would be an interesting and illuminating study, apotentially a very important one as well.

All MOO

ITA, Sleuth5 -- the part of my post that you bolded was indeed serious. And on the subject of sociopathology: I have read that sociopathology is in part caused by a lack of bonding during the first 6 months of life -- such as could occur in over-crowded orphanages or with a mother/main-caregiver who suddenly is absent or is afraid or somehow intimidated or turned-off at cuddling or breast-feeding (this is definitely NOT meant to say that lack of breast-feeding will impair or harm the child other than denying him/her the benefit of this type of physical closeness and passed-on immunity), or simply paying attention to the infant. And if this position is valid, this lack of bonding certainly could be passed down into the next generation simply because this is how the very young child is treated -- not passed by genetics, but through nurture. Other theories, more recently, have posited that sociopathology is indeed a genetic trait. And narcissism usually goes arm-in-arm with sociopathology in many, many individuals. Yes, she is indeed serious study material. JMO
icon7.gif

I would appreciate any thoughts on the following three questions, and my apologies if any have already been asked and/or answered...

1. Does ICA really down deep think she is doing okay in this trial? (I know it's early and the DT has not had a chance to present anything...). In her heart does she really think she'll get out of this and be declared not guilty?

2. What do her parents and her brother think about her now in relation to her possibly murdering her daughter, either on purpose or accidentally? What do they think about their daughter/sister? Innocent, guilty?

3. If her father really & truly molested her, how could ICA allow him to get within 10 feet of her daughter at any time and in any place? To babysit alone with little CA?

Thanks in advance for any answers/opinions.
icon7.gif

Perhaps a variation of the Stockholm Syndrome?

I would appreciate any thoughts on the following three questions, and my apologies if any have already been asked and/or answered...

3. If her father really & truly molested her, how could ICA allow him to get within 10 feet of her daughter at any time and in any place? To babysit alone with little CA?

icon7.gif

This morning it was obvious that Casey was trying not to laugh at Dr. Vass' accent or speech impediment. At one point both her and Baez smirked when Dr. Vass said the word "trap" (which sounded like "twap")

Very immature and rude, IMO

I noticed that (during the jailhouse tapes) and also when she thinks the taping cut off and she's waiting for her family to come back up, she has a shift of personality and seems to be relaxing before the curtain comes back up and she's again on stage acting

ITA! She moves from guarded body language to relaxed, too, IMO.

This morning it was obvious that Casey was trying not to laugh at Dr. Vass' accent or speech impediment. At one point both her and Baez smirked when Dr. Vass said the word "trap" (which sounded like "twap")

Very immature and rude, IMO

Again- Let them have their laugh. Dr. Vass is burying little miss thing with his very articulate science. He can talk in gibberish for all anyone in that room cares- as long as he gives the goods and from what I have watched all day- he delivered in a BIG way.

Smirking/and laughing just goes hand in hand with the DT's lack of any viable case to free the inmate. If you can't dazzle them with truth, baffle them with bull-s....

Baez has not yet learned the art of defense. But he's being schooled everyday... Even by Dr. Vass. Let's hope he takes some of it with him.

KC on the other hand- will only have reflections of her glory days on trial to reminisce about. Should keep her occupied while she serves her long sentence. :great:

She has no shame or remorse.

She is a sociopath.

Her brain...(just like Scott Peterson's) ...... doesn't work like ours.

She will manipulate and lie until the day she dies.

Period.

IMHO she reminds me of a female Joran Vandersloot. Same pack of lies, and murder trail, to include stolen money. Can you imagine if they ever hooked up! Both seem to be cut from the same cloth - including the smirks and laughs. Joran also didn't/doesn't care who he hurt along the way, including his parents, friends, or Beth.

Both make my skin crawl.

MOO

Mel

Oh my goodness, I have said the exact same thing. They remind me SO much of one another. Can you imagine having them both in the same room? I would love to see that. I bet they would each try to outdo the other's lies. It would be fascinating (and nauseating).

1. Does ICA really down deep think she is doing okay in this trial? (I know it's early and the DT has not had a chance to present anything...). In her heart does she really think she'll get out of this and be declared not guilty?

2. What do her parents and her brother think about her now in relation to her possibly murdering her daughter, either on purpose or accidentally? What do they think about their daughter/sister? Innocent, guilty?

icon7.gif

1. Scary part? Yes, I think that deep down she thinks she's doing okay. I think a lot of things have either upset her or alerted her, but I suspect she thinks that in the end her "brilliant" defense strategy (insert comedic laughter) will prevail.

2. MOO . . . I think they have known for a long time. BUT . . . they know the jig is up. It's impossible to pretend ignorance anymore. Okay, that time actually came & went a LONG time ago, but I'm trying to think like an Anthony here!

3. Why did she pretend to work for years? Why did she make up a nanny? Why did she steal from her family and friends? Why did she not call 911 (if JB's story were really even close to true)? Why did she party & get a tattoo for a month after Caylee was gone? Do we really expect a liar-cheater-theif-negligent-mom-at-best-murderer-at-worst to make the safe choice in THIS for Caylee if nothing else even mattered?

ICA forgot to act "detached" today and let some laughs escape, even covering her mouth too late. I watched part of todays (6/11/11) trial on youtube (Part 3 posted by sierra) JB makes attempts at being witty while cross-examining Dr. Haskell about flies. At least three times during the 8 thru 10:50 segment ICA finds flies connected with her dead daughter in her car trunk to be laughable. Hope the jury caught this.

All of her face hiding/heaving-type stuff went on throughout anything to do with Suburban Drive. She even hid her face during the fly-through thing, which I thought was weird. Well, she was there so maybe that's it.
Her behaviour is inconsistent and really baffling. I can see how she could charm and evade her family for so long.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
obamna
Back