Casey To Serve One Year Probation

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But she'll still have to show that she's actively looking for a job, won't she? And people will see her. She's not going to be able to stay very hidden with these rules.

Just jumping off your post;

I think that is part of Probation. Life as normal. She cannot stay hidden, she will have to support herself at some point the free $$ will stop flowing, she will have to find a place to live and be able to maintain it. Not sure how it will happen, or when, but one day she will have to learn to be an adult.

CA & GA may let her back in, IDK. But I think that would be unwise as they coddled her way too long already, and one day they will not be there to coddle. Just as the rest of us mortals, she needs to learn you have to take care of yourself.

will the felon request that her probation be transferred to another jurisdiction?
will the Orlando probation dept grant that request?

will the start of probation be delayed if/when the defense appeals Judge Perry's Order?

My experience with the interstate transfer compact is that you go through your probation officer and one of the most important factors is that you must first prove you can/will follow the rules of probation before you can even be considered a candidate. You have to be a resident or have family that has agreed to take you in, you have to have a place to live and a job or other means of support. After you apply the receiving state has 45 days to investigate and accept or deny your request. If accepted you'll most likely have an additional supervision fee on top of the probation fee the sending state mandated.

So, as for me.. I'm ok with her applying to go out of state because she will most likely have to come back to Orlando for a time to serve at least some of her probation while her request goes through.. if accepted she will almost assuredly be faced with an additional financial burden of supervision costs. When I was accepted I didn't just have to come up with my supervision cost for that month, I had to make an initial payment of $480. to the new state... due my very first day in the new state. Plus Felons are required to give DNA to every state they live in and the state that the crime was committed in.. and the felon, not the state, must pay for it. Mine cost a total of $250 for them to swab my mouth with a Q-Tip. If you don't pay you are in violation of your probation and could be sent back to your offending state.

Probation isn't easy.. even if you are transferred to another state. Good luck Casey ;)

I've got the job. JB & CM can ask friends to pay her to clean their houses and keep it all hush, hush!

Hey, that's not a bad job.

Sure it isn't a bad job - but have they locked up their financial documents, chequebooks, computer access etc before they let her in the house?

This is a small fragment of satisfaction toward the senseless killing of a little girl. If this is the most justice can demand, I am willing to accept it. But...it still seems small justice for a world that could dish out more for a young child taken away too soon.
MOO
I do commend HHJP for his courageous and spot on ruling.

Is writing a book considered "a job"?
I mean I know for many it is an occupation, so if she and JB are working on a book, would this qualify as being gainfully employed?

This probation is just going to enhance interest in KC. Look at the people here that have showed up here. She will get more attention, more offers, and more money for a book now. People can't leave it alone. There will be reporters and photographers waiting for a chance to see her and maybe get a picture.
Florida will foot the bill for protection of KC now, unless they will approve her to serve elsewhere.
You usually serve your probation in the county that you reside. Florida may be different, they are proving to be inadequate in several departments. They need to get it together.

HHJP worked diligently throughout the trial to make sure that nothing was left to chance of being overturned on appeal. I'd like to think that the ruling on Casey's probation will also meet the criteria.

That said, Casey seems to always come out smelling like a rose, so I won't hold my breath that her legal eagles won't figure out some way to help their esteemed client slither through yet another teeny-weeny loophole. jmo

That's a beautiful document, but sadly, it is too little too late. I am surprised she IS allowed to drink alcohol, within limits. It also does not say anything, unless I overlooked it, about her not associating with other convicted felons. My SIL's probation clearly stated he must stay away from other convicts.

I am pleased to see the Baez smackdown, and I find it humorous that this court document discuss the non-controlled, unscientific poll about KC being the most hated person in the US. While probably true, somehow this seems so Mickey-Mouse to be in a court document!

The defense says there is no proof that KC killed Casey, yet they accept a frivolous unproven poll! (I BELIEVE she IS the most hated, but there is no hard proof!) IMO, there is a plethora of evidence to show KC's GUILT, but little or no evidence to show this poll is accurate!

Uh, where's LKB? Why hasn't she been on to share her thoughts? Or have I for once been lucky enough to miss her yapping???

Job suggestions:
Since DCS said she was 'comfortable with the Casey she came to know' (or however she worded that when responding to Joy Behar's question about whether she would let Casey babysit her chilldren), maybe DCS can set up some babysitting gigs for Casey. Or help her start a daycare facility.

I've got the job. JB & CM can ask friends to pay her to clean their houses and keep it all hush, hush!

Hey, that's not a bad job.

If said friends want to take the trouble to lock up cash & valuables and chain their fancy electronics to the floor. :innocent:

Actually a job at Disney wearing one of the character costumes would be fine for her, no one would ever recognize her. of course those costumes get up to a 120 degrees inside them during the summer, but oh, well. :)

:waitasec:

We have NOT heard any "NOISE" from Jose and Mason since the ruling ....

I bet they are pizzzzzzzed !

Hee hee hee ... what are they going to do now ?

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Baez office isn't located in Orange County ...nor is the hugger/patter/stroker Dorothy Sims. :)

Maybe Cheney will hire her as his receptionist. :floorlaugh: Nope that won't do ... Casey wants to be an attorney! :twocents:

Your job doesn't have to be in the county you live in, you can travel all over the state in which you live.

I have a question that I cannot find the answer to. How come she owes a over 60,000 in back taxes? Is this from selling photos to the media?

Casey sold videos/pictures of Caylee to ABC Network for $200,000. She didn't pay any taxes on that money. During the trial the IRS issued a federal tax lien in the amt of $68,000 ... taxes due on that money.

I am pleased for HHJS. The Defense went for his throat claiming his new order was both stupid and vindictive. It is about time that decorum was returned to the court. HHJS made a specific and clear oral order. It is good to see HHJBP honor that order and require FCA to be accountable for something, real not fake probation. Security issues or notoriety should not get in the way of serving a sentence to the full, like anyone else has to. It sets a precedent and the A's have been afforded a LOT of exceptions and accommodations.

This will also prevent the DT playing games with FCA's location and ensures she is local and available for the ZFG Depo and all of the other legal proceedings. Where is FCA? ... She is in Orlando serving probation.

Agreed, there will be no more staged pictures, lining the pockets of the Felon. Money making opportunities (without a legitimate job) will be a thing of the past. THAT is (along with the probation) what makes me very HAPPY today ! No more 5 Million Dollar California mansions, flying across the country, being treated like a celebrity...nope, she is now just another felon on felony probation. Any citizen, in Orlando, will be able to snap a picture of her, and she won't make a cent off of it !!!!!

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Oh that's right!!! Now, where did I put my camera? :floorlaugh:

If she supposed to provide a "truthful" report to her PO, she's already screwed. She couldn't tell the truth even if she tried I don't think. If the sky is blue, she would tell you it was orange just for the heck of it.

Even if no one, in OC, wants to hire her, she still has to go and fill out a certain number of applications, per week (and show these to her PO). This may be something that gets her in trouble. After a while, I can see Casey blowing off this mandated job search (and, I believe that is a violation).

There are some jobs she could perform, more anonymously, like telemarketing, stocking shelves at night, etc...

Also, just heard on IS that probation checks up on these employers, to verify that Casey has applied. Probation can also search her residence (ALL of it), anytime they want (without advance notice and without a search warrant), no matter who she's living with.

She will probably just fill out applications on jobbing.com or Monster.com while sipping her Corona!

It's weird knowing that I had thought a year ago that by this time I would have washed my hands of Casey Anthony, with her being locked up for the rest of her life. Still, there is some bit of satisfaction knowing that Casey must be stomping around right now cursing at HHJP, showing her angry face we saw in court, and fisties must be flying.

Now for the big but... I worry that the "probation" was started while she awaited trial because the probation officer liked Casey and maybe even believed she was innocent, hoping to slip it under the radar and the official letter of completion would seal the deal. Now that she's out of jail and doing probation the way it was intended, I wonder if she's going to get the same PO and whether the officer assigned will ignore any violations because they feel sorry for her.

I for one hope she gets a strict, by-the-book PO. They don't have to be the PO from hell, just someone who won't give her any breaks. That would be well deserved imo. Works for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member