Casey To Serve One Year Probation

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see a threat to Casey. People do dislike her and do have a problem with the verdict. 99 percent of the people would never do anything more than shout something not so nice to her IMO. That other 1 percent in Orlando is no greater than what any other person faces. Parts of Orlando are rough. If Casey wants to have a life she should drop any plans for her or her family to profit from this tragic event. She should not be exempt from probation sentence because of what she did. Yes she was acquitted, but DCF says she is responsible for what happened to Caylee. And she lied to LE thus causing an investigation into a Nanny rather than tell the truth.

So profit not and eventually she will have a life. Profit and she and her family will continue to outrage people.

Fade away Casey, Cindy, George, and Lee Anthony. Forget this story Jose Baez, because you are not representing your client well if you yourself keep her name in the media. MOO

She is trying to avoid the natural consequences of HER OWN actions. Something that she has been able to do (with the help of her enabling family) for 25 years. It needs to stop. The DT, in my opinion, probably has no genuine concern for her well being, they are only protecting their 'investment', and with each BS appeal they file they further inflame the public.

This whole trial and it's outcome is like the Fukushima of the American justice system. The perfect storm of media attention, the subsequent bending-over-backwards of the court to avoid appellate issues, and then of course the 12 Pinellas County village idiots all contributed to this outcome.

The fact that there is an extreme amount of public outrage over this verdict actually gives me hope...that as a People, we have not completely dissolved into madness. We realize the injustice that has been done and it will never be okay.

I do not wish physical harm to KC. Some whacko with a high-powered rifle taking a potshot would be way too easy for her, IMO, and would elicit sympathy for her that she doesn't deserve. What I DO wish for, is that every single day of her life, from now until the day she dies, she is MISERABLE.

I hope that instead of 'la bella vita', she lives the rest of her life knowing that nobody trusts her, nobody believes a word that she says, etc etc etc, FOREVER. I hope she never finds the 'love' that she wanted with TL, and that from this day forward no 'decent' human being will want a meaningful relationship with her, be it a friendship, romantic relationship, whatever...that is, of course, until she RE OFFENDS, and ends up getting justice ala OJ. And I am confident that it will happen...I only pray that somehow, someway God will not allow her to have any more children!

I understand that the cornerstone of our justice system is the jury system, and the concept that it's 'better that 100 guilty go free than one innocent man should suffer'. But it's also hard to believe that Benjamin Franklin could have imagined the total effery of Casey Anthony and her vile band of supporters. JMO. :twocents:

If they actually cared about her, they'd want her to be on probation imo. Not that I care about her in any way, but learning to actually work and be held accountable is the only way she will ever stay out of jail. A dose of reality may help her stop stealing and get real about life. Instead she's no doubt been getting pipe dreams fed to her about big paydays and "fame".

O/T, but speaking of Brad Conway....

[ame]http://video.foxnews.com/v/1109442720001/family-and-friends-raise-money-to-help-local-hero/?playlist_id=86856[/ame]

maybe i'm missing something here but where's the threat since her address will be private? do they think people will be sitting at the office from now until she decides to start her probation, then wait and show up every month? i guess i'm missing something as usual.

I believe their thinking is that she is in more danger by being in Orlando than if she is living in Ohio or California. I hate to differ, but I don't think it matters.
EVERYONE hates her, EVERYWHERE. So it doesn't really matter, imo.

I think the strength in this ruling is the fact that Baez kept the information from the court, about the probation starting while in jail.

Shield/Sword. This was a very sneaky thing to do and it will be viewed that way by the appellate court. Up until the verdict Baez got away with his bad lawyering because they were so careful to protect the rights of the defendant. Well in this case Casey plead guilty so a tad different IMO.

Agreed, but I think that the only thing that this appeal hinges on, for the DT, is the double jeopardy issue. That will not fly either, because HHBP was pretty clear that NONE of the 13 conditions of the probation could have been, or were met while she was in jail. This is a last ditch effort on the part of the DT to keep KC 'underground' until they can get their big payday. Too bad, so sad, it's a BS argument and the judge's ruling will stand, IMO.

I do not think anyone is going to harm her while she is visiting her probation officer. I think the angry people will be happy she is on probation. Now if she were publicizing where and when she was picking up her next check for pix or interviews, then someone might lash out at her. But at her probation office--no problem.

baez is stuck with her FOOOREEEVER. at least for the next year or two. i bet he hates it and i'm sure he bypasses her through someone else as much as possible. she sees it as "i made him, he'll do what i say". that's just the way she thinks. she's not leaving him alone any time soon. now she can be a full fledged cindy. haaa

baez is stuck with her FOOOREEEVER. at least for the next year or two. i bet he hates it and i'm sure he bypasses her through someone else as much as possible. she sees it as "i made him, he'll do what i say". that's just the way she thinks. she's not leaving him alone any time soon. now she can be a full fledged cindy. haaa

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

I was so disappointed by JVM's ridiculous comments about this being a political move by Judge Perry, and an effort to be re-elected. Does JVM not realize that the verbal orders of a judge are to be taken literally? Judge Strickland said very clearly that the probation was to be done AFTER her release. It was very concisely stated by the judge. So JVM just looks silly by declaring it politically motivated somehow. I think she is just kissing up to Baez again because she thinks they are friends for some reason.

THANK YOU katydid! You summed up my thoughts perfectly. JVM makes me want to :sick:, with her comments about the circus-type atmosphere in Orlando and the threats to KC's safety. An atmosphere she most conveniently forgets that she helped create. So now she's aghast at the thought that someone is making poor KC follow the rules? LOL

And that crazy Anna Nichol judge said so too...he was really on Stricklands case as well. I happened to catch part as I walked by since I had left the tv on. I caught Brad Conway defending HHJP saying he is straight up, goes by the law and there was nothing political about it. He sounded really pizzed.

Oh Strawberry, don't get me started on Judge Seidlin! He should be Baker Acted, STAT. :crazy::crazy::crazy:

This is O/T & Mods I apologize, but so many caring people are pm ing me. If you have a better place please let me know. I pm'd Tricia about a thread but no response yet.
http://www.wkyt.com/searchresults?searchKeywords=berry+hall&dateRange=60

A trial date is moved up for a Floyd County man charged in a double murder case.

Berry Hall is accused of shooting and killing his niece Lisa Tackett and her husband Alan in March of 2008.

The trial was scheduled for October 3rd, but Thursday the judge moved it to September 26th due to scheduling conflicts.

ETA. I thank everyone for the pm's you guys are my rock.

OT: SORRY!!

Just a thought but if you get a minute maybe change the date in your signature line to indicate the change. That way when you post, no matter what thread the updated info will be there! Best thoughts to you and your family during this horrible time. May justice prevail!

I personally think the safest place on earth for the "most hated woman in America" is right there under the loving, watchful eye of her of her new BFF family...JB, CM, DS, et al. They all have so much faith in her and think she's so wonderful, seems like they'd want her close by, doesn't it? This is going to be interesting.......

Does anyone know if there's a possibility of her serving additional time in prison for the $68,000 she owes the IRS from 2008?

They should be more concerned about other folks, especially little folks, around KC.
She got a free pass this time. That might have emboldened her to do it again if it interferes with her love life.

Have heard that mentioned several times on the TV. They are more concerned about the safety of the people around her, than they are about her.

Does anyone know if there's a possibility of her serving additional time in prison for the $68,000 she owes the IRS from 2008?

Probably not. I suspect that if KC in fact owed the IRS, the debt has been settled. If it hasn't, they will find her and they will make her life miserable. The IRS doesn't want to put people in prison but they can get really nasty; they just want their money. And they don't like being ignored.

They are more concerned about the safety of the people around her, than they are about her.

That sounds right to me. Casey getting wacked would be a nasty PR affair for the probation people. But one of their people or an innocence bystander getting hurt or killed would be a disaster! They have made it clear it is Casey and her DT that have the responsibility of looking after her. Like any normal person.

---snipped-----I was so disappointed by JVM's ridiculous comments about this being a political move by Judge Perry, and an effort to be re-elected.

..and, if JVM was paying attention, she would know that he WAS re-elected----------------6 months ago.

http://www.ninthcircuit.org/news/press_details.asp?id=216
Judge Belvin Perry, Jr. Re-Elected as Chief Judge

February 3, 2011.

ORLANDO—In a unanimous vote, the Judges of the Ninth Judicial Circuit have elected the Honorable Belvin Perry, Jr., to an eighth term as Chief Judge. Chief Perry will serve from July 1, 2011 to June 30, 2013

KC crying that she needs special treatment because she's hated is like when the Menendez brothers cried about needing special treatment because they were now orphans. Sick!

My apologies if this has already been posted, I have not read through the entire thread.

<snipped>Mark Lippman stated, “I believe (and it is anticipate) that Casey Anthony will not serve her probation in Orlando and most likely will not serve her probation in the State of Florida. It is a common practice to have a Defendant that resides out of state register for probation in the state and county where the probation was ordered, and then immediately transfer the probation to a state that can accommodate the probation.

“Another possibility is that Casey Anthony will be given a type of administrative probation where she will either have the ability to call her probation officer or write the Office of Probation identifying her status for the month. This possibility allows Defendants to be put on probation anywhere in the world.”

Mark Lippman made the statements on behalf of his clients George and Cindy Anthony. Lippman has voiced concerns that citizens will mistakenly believe Casey Anthony is living in Orlando with her parents drawing undue attention to the Anthony’s who continue to mourn the loss of their granddaughter.

Continue reading on Examiner.com Attorney doubts Casey Anthony will serve probation in Florida - National US Headlines | Examiner.com http://www.examiner.com/us-headline...ny-will-serve-probation-florida#ixzz1UyAJOo2G

Is it just me or does anyone else find Mark Lippman as shady as any one of the Anthony's?

My apologies if this has already been posted, I have not read through the entire thread.

<snipped>Mark Lippman stated, &#8220;I believe (and it is anticipate) that Casey Anthony will not serve her probation in Orlando and most likely will not serve her probation in the State of Florida. It is a common practice to have a Defendant that resides out of state register for probation in the state and county where the probation was ordered, and then immediately transfer the probation to a state that can accommodate the probation.

&#8220;Another possibility is that Casey Anthony will be given a type of administrative probation where she will either have the ability to call her probation officer or write the Office of Probation identifying her status for the month. This possibility allows Defendants to be put on probation anywhere in the world.&#8221;

Mark Lippman made the statements on behalf of his clients George and Cindy Anthony. Lippman has voiced concerns that citizens will mistakenly believe Casey Anthony is living in Orlando with her parents drawing undue attention to the Anthony&#8217;s who continue to mourn the loss of their granddaughter.

Continue reading on Examiner.com Attorney doubts Casey Anthony will serve probation in Florida - National US Headlines | Examiner.com http://www.examiner.com/us-headline...ny-will-serve-probation-florida#ixzz1UyAJOo2G

Is it just me or does anyone else find Mark Lippman as shady as any one of the Anthony's?

She still has to show up by the 26th, regardless of where she serves.

I think Mr. Lippman wants this idea presented because he does not want anyone thinking KC might be at Hopespring. I can understand his concern about that and I would hate to see chaos in that neighborhood again. Even if the Anthony's have brought many problems upon themselves, it is not fair to the other residents of the neighborhood to have groups of people hanging around *uninvited*.

Sadly though, I have to agree I doubt KC's probation is going to be typical; she will once again be given special treatment. Her first report to her PO will probably be allowed to happen in the middle of the night in some undisclosed location, and from then on she will be allowed to just call in whenever the spirit moves her. :sick:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LostInMaine