Casey Took Friends Duct Tape ??

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
(respectfully snipped)

P.S. Thoughts on what I would use duct tape for: to close of my gas tank after someone stole my lid.... to tie up my muffler when it loosens, OMG I can think of thousands of uses! (This post does not mean that I think Casey would EVER think of the same uses as I).

You get my drift....

Yea! who doesn't love duct (duck) tape? I'm thinking if you have duck tape and WD40 you can pretty much fix everything!

Thus, one of my favorite sayings.... "if you can't fix it "duck it"."[/QUOTE]

Then there is MY favorite quote "if you cant duck it, *advertiser censored* it!!"

She would certainly make an excellent contestant for a game show ...lol

"If you have duct tape in your purse come on down ... you are the next contestant on The Price is Right."

Let's Make A Deal.....Carol Merrill-instead of door number 1,2,or 3,...
Defense 1-2-3................

I just remembered, didn't one of the lake vag guys or someone else that knew KC post on here that they still had the flag that KC wore during the "No clothes party"... If so, it would be interesting to know if there is or was tape on it. I also wonder if AH still has her costume w/ tape on it. If indeed it is the same role, these samples could be used for comparison.

So is it gaffers tape, duct tape or duck tape? That is the question. :waitasec::waitasec::waitasec:

It is duct tape, imo. Gaffer's tape is black (electrical tape). Ducks don't require tape last time I checked. LOL

It is duct tape, imo. Gaffer's tape is black (electrical tape). Ducks don't require tape last time I checked. LOL[/QUOTE

Some posters on her implied that there is a difference. That Gaffers tape is different than Duct tape. That duck tape is a name for that used on scrapbooking etc. Just asking.

I did a search on the net of duct tape vs gaffer's tape and this is what someone wrote was the difference:

"Duct tape is plastic backed and uses thin, cheap adhesive that is
guaranteed to leave tons of residue and costs $5 a roll.

Gaff tape is designed for the film industry and is cloth backed, comes in a
multitude of colors and uses a superior adhesive. Gaff tape sticks MUCH
better to glass, plastic, etc, and leaves very little residue (a hot
surface will make it leave some). Gaff tape cost $20 a roll and is worth
every penny if you plan to peel it off again at some point. Much stronger,
better, cleaner stuff."

https://lists.cs.wisc.edu/archive/vfr/2003-January/msg00651.shtml

Amy Huizenga (Orlando, FL) wrote
at 11:18am on May 26th, 2008
You lost my duct tape! I was excited to have so much left! Thats why I get for giving you my purse... Stupid costume that didn't work the way it should have.... what a waste of gaff tape...

http://74.125.95.132/search?q=cache:...n&ct=clnk&cd=1

I found it odd that Amy called it duct tape and then gaff tape. Gaff is short for gaffer's tape. It would be used in theatrical applications. Duct tape would almost never be used in theatrical applications. It has a shiny slick backing. Gaff tape comes in many colors and has a flat or matte backing. I question whether AH worked in theatre. That would be considered a rookie mistake. Also, it would be hard for gaff tape to show fingerprints on the non-sticky side because it is finely textured. The stickyy side holds all the clues.

I also noticed one of the reporters from WFTV doing a live report from the crime scene. She held up a roll of black gaffers tape and continually referred to it as duct tape. Her cameraman should have told her in advance that it was not duct tape. Now you all know more about gaff tape than you ever wanted to. :blowkiss:

I reckon the devil's daughter did not know the difference either when she was applying it.

Thanks for this insight! I was clueless as to what gaff tape was...Could she have tried gaff first because it was the right color or something but it didn't stick or "do" right. So she moved on to Duct tape? Do we have any photos of Amy from that night? I know I have seen KC and her "flag" dress but I don't remember seeing what Amy had on.

If this needs to be moved feel free.

With the discovery of that facebook post by Amy H. to KC talking about losing her duct tape at the end of the sentence Amy called it gaff tape, also when Geraldo had his show last Sat from the scene he kept calling it gaff tape.

My husband works in the broadcast industry and I asked him do they call duct tape gaff tape at work. He told me they are similar but not exactly the same. Gaff tape is made out of more of a cloth not plastic, easier to cut, less of a sticky goo left behind. You have to order it rather than just go to the hardware store to get it.

The reason I bring this up is that Amy H. has a theater background, hence calling it gaff tape. I was just thinking that if Amy had picked up real gaff tape from a production and that is what Kc lost/took then used in this crime. The tape would come full circle back to KC not any zanny the nanny.

gaff/gaffer tape

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaffer_tape

duct tape

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duct_tape

don't have link to the full quote from the facebook if someone does they can add it to show that Amy uses the word gaff tape at the end of the post.

I was the MOB. You know the Mother of the Bride last weekend. I had to have that stuff for decorating. OOhhh you people need to get ya'lls mind out of the gutters...all my family is alive and accounted for.:crazy:

Truth - have to say that I, too, was wondering what all that was for... :)
Congratulations on the marriage of your daughter! :crazy:

In the same message she calls it gaff tape. So no one is sure which it is, gaff or duct. There is a difference. Guess we have to wait until trial to find out.

Good point. At the same time, doesn't she work with sets and art and things of that nature at a theater? So maybe she would have it if it is something she used a lot.

I have a roll of duct tape in my purse right now, I'm bringing it to work to fix something.

:laugh:
I don't know if this would have a thing to do with what the girls wanted to use duct tape for, but I once read that models used it to tape under their breasts when not wanting to wear a bra. Maybe it was for that during the no clothes party and they didn't want to bother with a strapless bra. Casey certainly needed the extra support if going braless.
I have to say that a dear girlfirend of mine did this for our formal one year in college and she had a heck of a time getting it off. As intoxicated as she was, it still hurt her like he!! and she swore she'd NEVER do that again! Ouch!

She cleaned out almost all of the comments and activity recorded from back as early as March-- so everything during the timeframe of Caylee's "disappearance" was gone. But then she began posting "Caylee is Missing" info and updates while she was out on bond.
And then, tonight, after the WFTV report *poof*-- just gone!

It won't matter. Even IF LE/prosecution has trouble getting the Facebook comments, which I doubt will be the case,
Amy H will remember and be able to testify... I sense a new interview with her pronto!!!

I just remembered, didn't one of the lake vag guys or someone else that knew KC post on here that they still had the flag that KC wore during the "No clothes party"... If so, it would be interesting to know if there is or was tape on it. I also wonder if AH still has her costume w/ tape on it. If indeed it is the same role, these samples could be used for comparison.

Yes, it was the owner of the home where the Lake Vaj parties were held, including the "anything but clothes" party, and he's here at WS:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71652&page=3

another friend, Dante S, may know, too, and he's here at WS:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2970095#post2970095

Maybe they'll shed some light on the duct tape at the party/whether Casey used any/had any/etc.
Posting a new question to them now...

well if it is true gaff tape, less of the population would have access to it. Most of us all have duct tape at home. not many would have true gaff tape. Easier to trace back to KC through Amy and not some ficticious nanny.

Amy may be able to produce pictures with her outfit with the gaff tape to show color ect.

That's easy...she didn't have to use the whole roll for the "no clothes party" meaning she isn't as big as she thought she was! :rolleyes:

Either that or she was excited because a small little piece of the duct tape worked compared to her having to use so much gaff tape, that apparently didn't work too well....that's when she then used the duct tape. :rolleyes:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme
Back