Casey's car: Did she intend to retrieve it from Amscot or what?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
iirc she did also ask jg to get her gas/cans as well? She knew she couldnt go back with anyone just in case her car still stunk? If she saw it was gone she couldnt report it stolen because ummm she knew what she did annnndd she also couldnt call her parents for that very same reason. That is why she left her stuff in the car. She had every intention to go back and get it. all imo.

But I think she asked JG to go that very day she was there, not after that day. She could not call her parents, but she could have called to find out if and where it was towed to...she had Amy's checks to pay for it. I don't even think there's any documentation on her calling to find out where it was. Is there?

I really don't think she had a theory, IMO she thought one or two days in advance. So the car ran out of gas, she parked it, smell of decomp, so just make up stories from there.
Get BF to help. Don't let anyone too close to car. etc.

oh, i am sorry, i dont think she got any boyfriend to help. god bless her boyfriends at the time. I am very sorry for that

Casey Anthony: Worst criminal in history. If she really wanted to dump the car she should have driven it somewhere remote and firebombed it. I am not sure the girl thought from one minute to the next, she may have just taken it near a dumpster to take out some of the trash in the boot then found herself 'gas free', but then who knows with her, the purse in view and the idea of having it stolen may have popped into her head once she realized she couldn't drive it, so the 'oh maybe someone will steal it' plan was probably put together without much forethought.

As was with most things this girl did.

That's a good one - KC: Worst criminal in history. I just can't understand her...for me you would have to have a below average IQ to go on and party with your boyfriend until your mother finally tracks you down. What the heck was she thinking?

But she did go and buy a gas can with Amy, but I believe Amy was leaving that day for Peurto Rico. Maybe they had no time to go back to Amscot. I think it was there another 2 or 3 days before it was towed. So its possible she waited too long but I don't remember any of her friend's saying she even asked them to back there with her. She did however tell Amy it was gone and her father took it..so she knew it was gone..I don't understand why she would tell Amy that though....it had to be either stolen or towed because she would not have told her dad to retrieve it.

BBM - Because she was always telling people ahead of time parts of her lies, then later she'd pile on the rest of the story (as her dad told the cops in one interview). I also think she left it there hoping it would be stolen. Most car thieves are guys & most don't know a tote from a purse from a clutch bag, so I always thought that was left on purpose. She didn't have anything of real value in it, but someone looking in wouldn't know that...

She wanted it stolen. She left her work bag in it in plain sight. If she had wanted her car, ICA would have found someway or someone to help her get it but it stunk to high Heaven. Had it been stolen someones fingerprints would of been on it and that would of been her fall guy.

BBM - I dunno - someone wiped down that car...IIRC only a very few fingerprints were found (when you'd sure think there'd be more) after the Anthony's picked it up & took it home...BUT, I suppose that IF it had been stolen, she could have claimed that. :twocents:

I think she left it either to be stolen or to try and implicate somebody else(JG) with prints. She set up the story about the squirrels to Amy, so maybe she thought she could just pass that story off and if Amy noticed it, it wouldn;t be such a big deal. I think she was grasping for anything she could to throw suspicion off of her.

I think we are putting too much into this, She just wanted to ditch. Leave the car, the smell.
I always thought Geoge could not get close to the car, cause baby Caylee was there on July 24. Then Casey took off and dumped Caylee on Suburban Drive.

BBM - I dunno - someone wiped down that car...IIRC only a very few fingerprints were found (when you'd sure think there'd be more) after the Anthony's picked it up & took it home...BUT, I suppose that IF it had been stolen, she could have claimed that. :twocents:

Yup. Why wash down a car and clean it in the face of the decomp that was so evident? What I understand was nobody's prints were found on the car. Of course going off to work didn't look too swift either, in the face of these 31days with no Caylee:banghead:. None of it really matches up.

I keep thinking about KC's car, the Pontiac and I can't decide if she wanted it stolen or was she intending to go back and retrieve it when she left it at Amscot. What are your opinions on this?

Over the years we've gone back and forth on this one a few times, probably other threads here pertaining to this. I think the consensus is divided. I think she did want the car back and made attempts to get it, others think she was abandoning it.

Ok - from my official position of "this is my fence and I'm sittin' on it." I think she probably abandoned the car to set up a (couple of) scenarios. The car was a problem - run out of gas was a scenario she'd been through before so it was believable (gas gauge). Then the Amy bit - so concerned, but after she gets the gas can, she doesn't go to the area of the car until Amy goes to work (cell pings and Amy evidence). Oddly after Amy goes to work, she checks out the are (cell pings). Playing the odds, sheing what her options are, shortly thereafter (Tony is still on vacation) she recon's the tow yard area (cell pings). Was she alone (don't know) but I think she figured out she couldn't pull the car without the title and gave it up - and then the stories (but not too many). If she could have she would have recovered the car, and then played off the "smell" with the garbage and then "something happened" at the tow yard. Too bad, so sad, time and money and moxie - no smarts, she had plenty of moxie - ran out. New plan? Play it s it lies (and I mean LIES) OMG car is a) stolen b) wrecked C) possessed or repossessed. And on and on - Zannie redux. Until she could steal enough to get her to the next level (Will eventually - until she could steal him blind and then...)

That's a good one - KC: Worst criminal in history. I just can't understand her...for me you would have to have a below average IQ to go on and party with your boyfriend until your mother finally tracks you down. What the heck was she thinking?

Oh indeed!

I definitely think she planned to go back and get it - but she wanted to go alone because of the smell - I also think that she didn't realize the smell would get worse instead of better. I think that she thought if she just kept everyone (TL, AH, etc) away that she could go by herself to put the gas in the tank and check it out. If the smell had improved then she could have asked someone to drive her down there to get it and if not she would have left it there and kept checking on it until it did get better and she could pick it up. Until then, she would just keep telling her friends that her dad had put it in the shop and it wasn't ready yet. I am convinced that the car being towed was a total shock to her and the first time she realized that she could not keep Caylee's death a secret much longer.

I think that maybe she was just flying by the seat of her pants most of the time. She seems very impulsive. If she ever did go so far as to formulate a plan, it was a fleeting thought that was quickly derailed when something else came up.

I've always seen her more as the Scarlet O'Hara type, a bit flighty. You know how Scarlet was always saying, "I'll think about that tomorrow because after all, tomorrow is another day"?

She had so many balls in the air with all her lying and deceit, it must have been exhausting so I think she just made up the story as she went along.

I have never seen her as a criminal mastermind. Oh what a tangled web... you know the rest!

Justice for Baby Caylee is coming soon.

I agree, I know people like her. I was married to one. They honestly do not think far enough ahead to make a "plan" or set anyone up. It's take care of the immediate problem and worry about the rest later.

I think she purposely ran out of gas (or close to it) because SHE couldn't take the smell anymore. In her mind it had nothing to do with what her friends thought, she had already created an excuse for the smell (it was her dads fault)... she did need to buy time to figure out what to do as she realized it was getting worse and worse.

I think she did plan to go back to get the car.. these people would NOT bother to go buy gas cans etc for no reason.. but it was too late. I imagine a little bit of panic set in for her when she found out her parents had the car and smelled it.. (it would be easy to say at that point that she KNEW her dad would know what the smell was but the reality is that these people HONESTLY and WHOLEHEARTEDLY believe that their story will be bought.. again, they don't think that far ahead and they never expect anyone to doubt what they say) but the panic would be over having to deal with her parents.. not because of the smell but because they will jump all over her about where Caylee is.

Her way out was to just avoid them, just like she avoided answering questions about Caylee and made up stories about where she was..

She would have preferred getting the car back rather than dealing with her parents and their questions.. she would have had NO concern about the smell.. she had already explained it and expected everyone to believe what she said. She needed the car since it was her only way to get around.

Ok - from my official position of "this is my fence and I'm sittin' on it." I think she probably abandoned the car to set up a (couple of) scenarios. The car was a problem - run out of gas was a scenario she'd been through before so it was believable (gas gauge). Then the Amy bit - so concerned, but after she gets the gas can, she doesn't go to the area of the car until Amy goes to work (cell pings and Amy evidence). Oddly after Amy goes to work, she checks out the are (cell pings). Playing the odds, sheing what her options are, shortly thereafter (Tony is still on vacation) she recon's the tow yard area (cell pings). Was she alone (don't know) but I think she figured out she couldn't pull the car without the title and gave it up - and then the stories (but not too many). If she could have she would have recovered the car, and then played off the "smell" with the garbage and then "something happened" at the tow yard. Too bad, so sad, time and money and moxie - no smarts, she had plenty of moxie - ran out. New plan? Play it s it lies (and I mean LIES) OMG car is a) stolen b) wrecked C) possessed or repossessed. And on and on - Zannie redux. Until she could steal enough to get her to the next level (Will eventually - until she could steal him blind and then...)

What do you mean by she recon's the tow yard area? She went to the tow card according to cell pings and sees it there? How did she know which tow yard its in? There's many tow yards Do they have a record of her trying to call and figure out where it was?

I thought that tow yards generally sent out several notices. It's been so long but I seem to recall some WS'ers thinking that maybe KC had intercepted previous notices at her parents house. I have seen some No Parking signs that even had towing information posted on them. The sign basically lets you know that if your car is gone, here's who took it and here's the number to call.

I don't know if this was the case at the Amscot parking lot near the dumpster, though.

Ally, in the stickied threads above the main page there is a link to every day from June 8 or so thru July 16 - after she abandons the car, there's a day (and a map to that day that shows her in the area of the tow yard - not the A's house, further south) after car was towed. The tow yard has been established in the evidence pages as that 7777 Narcossee. (Google Simon Birch interviews) The scenario I've laid out is speculation on my part - perhaps I am "blue skying" a bit, but I encourage you to read the ping maps and this too to help to understand the the pings http://www.thehinkymeter.com/2010/03/14/understanding-cell-phone-pings/

She wasn't thinking at all. If she was, she would have used Amy's money to get out of town - disappear. Did she really think her parents wouldn't question her about Caylee?

This is one thing that amazes me about this case. She just dumped the car, forgot about everything she'd done, forgot about her family and her beautiful baby, dead by her hands. Put it all out of her mind and went to shack up with TonE. La-de-dah - just another happy-go-lucky day - no worries about anything - just party and play house with the boys.

Well, she's run out of lucky days.

JMO

I think she had every intention, to get the car. I think, she thought if she left the car there a few days, the smell would go away. IMO, she isn't that smart to plan the car to get stolen. I remember GAME saidwhen he got the car from Amscott, there was no gas whatsoever in the car.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
couchsluether
Back