Casey's Confinement, Mail; Visitors; Phone Calls; Commissary etc.

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That is probably the bottom line. Just wondering if Ms. KC could finagle some sort of special treatment...

In jail, special treatment is not what we think of special treatment. If she is deemed to be suicidala, they will put her in a "Ferguson," a suicide prevention outfit. She could also be put in a drunk tank where there is nothing to commit suicide with.

Special treatment does not mean you get to go to a cushier confinement. It is usually worse.

Check out the stylish attire for suicidal prisoners

http://www.preventsuicide.com/products.htm

Jbean, that incident with Paris Hilton that you mentioned was actually in the back of my mind when I posed that question. What are you referring to when you say "down here is the OC" and what does OC stand for. Thanks!

I will jump in on this one (JB - I hope you don't mind) - Jbean is referring to the "Orange County" in California :woohoo:

In jail, special treatment is not what we think of special treatment. If she is deemed to be suicidala, they will put her in a "Ferguson," a suicide prevention outfit. She could also be put in a drunk tank where there is nothing to commit suicide with.

Special treatment does not mean you get to go to a cushier confinement. It is usually worse.

<shudder> A good reminder when one is inclined to take freedom for granted.

LMAO with this thread! I'm a nurse so I know all about impaction etc and it ain't pretty-especially when you are the disimpactor!! Maybe they can make posters about this-as a deterrent to crime-post it in high schools, malls etc. EWWWW! I think all of us are very sad about this case and could use a little levity-we're not making light of this tragedy-just needed a breather.
------------------
H Caras'Mom. you are so right! you are also one of my favorite people,a Nurse..

Oh, dear! Hardly a fashion statement.

The OTHER Orange County then - thanks!

O/T - just googled "Orange County" - there is an Orange County in all of the following - North Carolina, New York, Texas, Virginia, and Indiana....not sure if there are any more ... but I certainly learned something new today. :) ... lol

Could it be that if it isn't about Cindy - it isn't? That's my impression of her.

It could be if she wasn't a nurse. Being alert to changes in ANYONE'S condition is habit, or she wouldn't have lasted so long.

I think Casey has all of the symptoms of Bipolar I. This could be her first bout and maybe she has only experienced the manic side thus far.

Great! What manic symptoms has she shown? Inability to sit still? Talkativeness? Bouts of laughter?

i believe her mother was attempting to get her help when all of this transpired. She was told to try the "tough love" approach. What will she say? Probably that she did the best she knew how to do.

When does a parent quit being held responsible for a child's behavior?
Casey is 22 years old, an adult and supposedly capable of being responsible for her own actions.

ita!!

Yes nurses do care for you while in the hospital and monitor your condition and vitals. I still wouldn't want one to attempt to diagnose any problem I might have. I would expect her/him to contact my physician.

Yes, of course.

But, if you got sick or hurt at night, when your dr's office was closed, and an NP was in charge of the ER......

------------

I woould trust a Nurse as long as she wasn't a CA. type.The Nurses I had last year were so good,explained all and kept me going when I almost died.They were so good I wrote to the hospital later and said I hoped they appreciate the fine people they have working in their hospital.CA strikes me as being a flibbertyjibbet!

Yes, and when I was a kid, there were a lot of Nurse Ratcheds. NOW, they teach nurses to listen to the patients. I'm wondering about CA's listening skills.

I too think she has all the symptoms of Bipolar I. No, I'm not in the medical field. Let's just say, I know from experience. We have probably all seen the manic stage. The Grandiosity, promiscuity, shopping sprees, alcohol or drug abuse, abnormal sleeping habits. She was known to be up all hours of the night. I understand a person can be both, because Sociopathy is a personality disorder. Which means that unlike bipolar it is a product of child rearing and personal choice. Bipolar is a brain imbalance.

Good points! But the behavior might also be age-appropriate for a young-20s who had just got away from the folks.

Originally Posted by YellowDog
I think Casey has all of the symptoms of Bipolar I. This could be her first bout and maybe she has only experienced the manic side thus far.

Great! What manic symptoms has she shown? Inability to sit still? Talkativeness? Bouts of laughter?

I was ... (emphasis on "was") in a relationship with someone who is bipolar... trust me when I say ... I do not believe that Casey is bipolar. She has maintained a steadiness in her demeanor .. if there were any signs of bipolar her moods would swing back and forth like a pendulum. Another thought - Although she has been a fabulous liar .. she has not demonstrated (imo) "grandiose" thinking that is common with those who are bipolar.

I too think she has all the symptoms of Bipolar I. No, I'm not in the medical field. Let's just say, I know from experience. We have probably all seen the manic stage. The Grandiosity, promiscuity, shopping sprees, alcohol or drug abuse, abnormal sleeping habits. She was known to be up all hours of the night. I understand a person can be both, because Sociopathy is a personality disorder. Which means that unlike bipolar it is a product of child rearing and personal choice. Bipolar is a brain imbalance.

In any case, BTW, she has had a psych work-up in jail. If the shrink saw anything on Axis I, I'm sure she's on meds, now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member