Casey's Confinement, Mail; Visitors; Phone Calls; Commissary etc.

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Paris's probelm was that she was already medicated and she did not disclose it when she turned herself in. So she was placed in a regular jail. When she revealed that she was on ongoing treatment, they had no choice but to remove her immediately and place her in Twin Towers which has afull med facility so she could receive meds.

I wasn't aware of the meds - I thought it was just an adjustment issue.

I'm not sure if this has already been posted- there were some questions yesterday about medical/mental health care availibility.

The jail system is pretty large. On average, 4200 inmates per day, third largest jail in Florida. Medical, mental health care, dental, x-rays, dialysis, and pharmacy all available on site. The inmates housed in the single person cells in the acute mental health unit go through a continous period of evaluation. This area look like the news clips about where KC is housed.

http://www.ocala.com/article/20071217/NEWS/212170330

I would guess that you would already have to be diagnosed and medicated to get continuing medical care if you are a short timer. I think it would be difficult to get diagnosed and treated pre-sentence in a local jail.

Unless diagnosis was already in your file, 2nd to psych eval.

Jbean, that incident with Paris Hilton that you mentioned was actually in the back of my mind when I posed that question. What are you referring to when you say "down here is the OC" and what does OC stand for. Thanks!

Lacey, all of this is funny because when I saw your answer to my post I was going to ask if you remembered Paris Hilton's incarceration! Twin Towers is still a "jail" it just has a ward that is a little closer to being confined to a hospital and all the hospital amenities.

I didn't follow all the posts out but I guess you got the answer to your question. Unless she's found not guilty, or guilty of some lessor charge; she's never going home again.

So I guess all this means that Paris is not only famous for being famous but now she's found fame in her own right too. All because of scratchy sheets and thin blankets!:boohoo:

I'm not sure if this has already been posted- there were some questions yesterday about medical/mental health care availibility.

The jail system is pretty large. On average, 4200 inmates per day, third largest jail in Florida. Medical, mental health care, dental, x-rays, dialysis, and pharmacy all available on site. The inmates housed in the single person cells in the acute mental health unit go through a continous period of evaluation. This area look like the news clips about where KC is housed.

http://www.ocala.com/article/20071217/NEWS/212170330

Thanks for the link, very informative! They seem to really have their stuff together as far as taking care of medical and medicinal needs of inmates as well as providing a mental health unit rather than tossing mentally ill inmates in the hole or drugging them quiet. I am impressed, really!

It's all of us VG:blowkiss:

LOL- I left the thread so I'd shut up. The whole mental health and criminal element issue is something I feel very strongly about. I have a hard time with my mouth (I guess here that would be my fingers though, huh?). When I see misinformation about mental illness I can't help myself- I have to try to correct it for stigma's sake. I am sorry that I do it, I know it's annoying but I can't stop myself! :mad: I am working on fixing that about myself.

Aren't most criminals mentally ill?
This jail really does seem to have it together.

LOL no! though many do have personality disorders- I'm not even gonna go into all of that here though, it's off topic of this thread and I don't want to make JBean mad! :)

My sister is in a detention center in Florida, has been for over 3 months, she gets soap and a clean towel to take a shower. She wrote a letter asking for money to be put in her commissary account for shampoo, deodorant, etc. These are considered to be luxury items. So I would assume Casey would have to buy these items as well. BTW we didn't send any money.

Good for you!! I know that 'tough love' is harder on the person giving it than it is on the person getting it, but lots of times it is the most loving thing you can do and the only way some people ever learn.

Stay Strong!:blowkiss:

Good for you!! I know that 'tough love' is harder on the person giving it than it is on the person getting it, but lots of times it is the most loving thing you can do and the only way some people ever learn.

Stay Strong!:blowkiss:

Because of what she did to get in jail my dad took her off the will. Casey has a rude awakening when she gets to the big house.

But maybe it hadn't manifested itself until recently with KC.

It does no good to try & figure out her mental illness issues, if any here. I am sure, being the princess that she is, she will get a very good mental health eval or even two.
I don't think it takes a mental illness to do something like she is accused of. Some people are indeed ill & other's are just evil.
I am sure it will come out in court.

I think that is truly cruel and inhumane. I do not believe punishment should entale harm. The human mind is meant to be social. Free-will is also necessary for health although in the case of prison this has to be limited but not to the extent of long term solitary confinement. It has to be stopped.

I always thought felons gave up the right to exercise free will when they were proven unable to control free will. As in anyone who rapes and/or murders in the pursuit of their own pleasure. Anyone who intentionally harms a hair on the head of a child. Anyone who deprives a family the company of their loved one/s. Anyone who plans the harm to another for financial gain. Anyone who decides murder is less expensive than alimony or child support. I could go on and on but I'm sure you get my drift.

Our detention system is far from perfect, as it will be as long as it is run by imperfect people. But 99.99% of the time the treatment is 100% better than what the victims of the criminals received.

Because of what she did to get in jail my dad took her off the will. Casey has a rude awakening when she gets to the big house.

I'm truly sorry for the pain she has caused your family. I hope her incarceration gives her plenty of time to think about the pain she has caused others and she will come out on the other side a better person who will face you and earn your families forgiveness.

Whatever happens she has the rest of her life to live with the consequences of her actions. Hopefully she learned something and will change her life for the better. :)

KC on the other hand will never admit she was wrong (MOO). Even if she admits where Caylee's body was left to avoid the needle, she will always find someone else to blame. It's hard to forgive someone who never admits they were wrong.

But maybe it hadn't manifested itself until recently with KC.

We would see the continuing symptoms, it wouldnt have stopped in it's tracks!! She wouldn't all of a sudden be able to be normal now, her symptoms would be progressing, worsening.

Let's stop talking about this here we are gonna get in trouble!

If you ever spent anytime in a hospital you've been diagnosed by a nurse. Doctors count on nurse's abilities to recognize subtle changes in patients and to notify them so they can treat the patient accordingly.

Doctors don't just waltz in to a hospital room at the appropriate minute and save someones life, a nurse called him while he was at home with his feet up and told him to get his a$$ to the hospital.

At the end of the day the doctor writes the course of treatment and signs his name to the paperwork saying s/he's responsible for you. That, and all those years in school is why the doctor makes the big bucks. (tongue firmly placed in my cheek)

A doctor ran out of the emergency room because he couldn't stand the sight of vomit as the nurse gave me ipacak and cut off my shirt. The doctor was ranting and raving the nurse saved my life.

Thank you, alwaysonmymind. That is very interesting, especially the part about the mental health professionals not being protected by dr/pt privilege. Maybe what I was trying to ask is would they, short of medication, do anything to alleviate her anxiety (e.g., put her on home confinement again, or move her to a more comfortable cell, make some sort of allowance, etc.) Probably not.

No jail is jail, it's not meant to be easy, it's meant to bring about suffering.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties