Casey's Diary Entry for June 21st & Missing Pages #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Just to throw this one out - I am wondering if LE is having the diary tested -(hand writing analysis) they have in one of the filings from JB - hand written by KC herself- quote in part:
“is angry because I have refused to take a plea agreement for a crime that I DID NOT COMMIT.“
Hand writing analysis could really throw a loop in the mix. I am thinking - maybe already in the works!! LE knows this and isn't worried (right now anyway) about the rest of the diary.

Just to throw this one out - I am wondering if LE is having the diary tested -(hand writing analysis) they have in one of the filings from JB - hand written by KC herself- quote in part:
“is angry because I have refused to take a plea agreement for a crime that I DID NOT COMMIT.“
Hand writing analysis could really throw a loop in the mix. I am thinking - maybe already in the works!! LE knows this and isn't worried (right now anyway) about the rest of the diary.

I would like to see some dating done on the ink and the book itself. Wouldn't it just be dandy if that book wasn't manufactured until, oh, say, 2007? :rolleyes:

ChefMom that would just be the icing on the cake. I have to believe that in this day and age that analysis and other testing should be able to show "an age" on the documents. I am sure they can find or already have found other writings from KC to compare. I am anxious for more docs to come out. Somehow I get the feeling (now that they have announced that the Assistant State Attorney Linda Drane-Burdick will head the trial) we will be seeing some of the really interesting and maybe some real surprises. Lets hope anyway LOL

ChefMom that would just be the icing on the cake. I have to believe that in this day and age that analysis and other testing should be able to show "an age" on the documents. I am sure they can find or already have found other writings from KC to compare. I am anxious for more docs to come out. Somehow I get the feeling (now that they have announced that the Assistant State Attorney Linda Drane-Burdick will head the trial) we will be seeing some of the really interesting and maybe some real surprises. Lets hope anyway LOL

Oh, I am dying for another doc dump! But, I want some really juicy info! Something that is rock-solid. Like fingerprints. I'd love to see this diary be dated at some point after the supposed 2003 entry date. I bet they can find exactly what year it was manufactured by the UPC code or the design.

But why does BC have the Diary, shouldn't LE have it ? I don't understand why they didn't take it.

I have been assuming IF it was 2008 entry, obviously was written at AL's and just assumed it came back to Anthony home with KC's stuff?

Do we have full description of what Lee picked up? I recall Lee's description of clothes, purse etc tipped on foor.
Were any remaining items picked up at some other time?

What if the diary was in the car? And Cindy found it ...if I were her, I would definitely read it! And if I were writing in a diary, I certainly would NOT leave it in my b/f's apartment where anyone could find and read it. I would stash it somewhere else, like in my trunk or glove box, so I could read/write in it when alone.

I can easily imagine Cindy cutting out derrogatory pages about her, but leaving that one page in there for blackmailing purposes later, LOL. Those pages may still exist, if so. Perhaps hidden away somewhere.

Also, if that entry WAS written in '03, wouldn't that make Casey 17 years old at the time??? The writing style seems a bit more mature than 17, but where Casey is concerned, who knows? Just what she has written fits in context with her recent situation, i.e., new group of friends, finally being happy...it almost reads like she was trying to beat back a momentary bout of conscience for what she had done. JMO, of course.:book::smiley4:

I haven't read this whole thread so my apologies if this has been stated. I am a girl who has a passion for pretty new notebooks (and colorful pens). I diary as well but I have taken to doing that on the computer. I cannot imagine KC using an old diary, with ripped out pages, to make new entries. That doesn't make sense. She was all about appearances so I don't think this would due for her. The pages were ripped out after-the-fact for a reason. I don't think KC would have ripped them out because that would make the book appear ugly. She would have either tossed that one or put it away and bought a new one. It's quite coincidental that she should write such an entry on 6/21 that corresponds to the happenings in her life in June of 2008. Maybe she didn't write in the diary often and it was started in 2003 but her 6/21 entry was from 2008. KC has all the answers and Cindy has some too and once again, we are left to our own resources to figure out what is probably the obvious. Cindy should be crapping her pants and worrying if she will end up in jail for all the hindering and covering-up she has done in this case. Doesn't she even care how Caylee would feel? "Sorry honey that your Mom was a bad Mommy for one day and killed you. You know she loved you and didn't mean it. We will protect her like she protected you, all but for one day." Does that sound like the way Cindy would think or what?

Well. I see my strategy of just reading transcripts to save time is not good enough for this case. Those screen shots really tell a lot more than you can get out of a transcript.

In this case, seeing is believing.

Now that it has been offered...how long before LE accepts the offer? :waitasec:

Cindy was clearly worried. Here is an image of Cindy immediately after Larry reads the entry:

View attachment 3738

Now Brad says prosecution can have it:

View attachment 3739 View attachment 3740 View attachment 3741

And immediately after that, Larry goes to commercial and Cindy gives Brad a parting glance:

View attachment 3742

ETA: Sorry about mucking posts up...I had noticed I did not crop several images, and the BBS application will not allow me to gracefully replace such mistakes. Sorry 'bout that, but I can be anal about the details sometimes.
...and attachment 3739 reflects that what Brad C said sure got George's attention, too. Oh my.

I agree Happy - someone other than Casey ripped those pages out of the diary, and I also believe that this could be a diary from 2003. But, it makes sense that KC could have made later entires, according to her feelings at the time - thus, while home for a night on June 21, 2008--made that revealing entry (her way of expressing guilt and then rationalizing) We still don't know what "papers" were retrieved from the Anthony attic by LE??? Maybe, this evidence will be the smoking gun.

I have been brainstorming about this diary and wonder if it was an innocent entry why be so concerned over it that the attorney holds it? I feel there is some significance to it but I think it isn't what is on that page but maybe pages IF proven were ripped out..

I went back over the timeline to see if KC did have an opportunity to write in the diary and where she was etc..

She was at TL's appartment, there was no activity on her cell phone for a period of around 2 hours maybe more and somewhere I saw mentioned that TL saw her writing but I didn't find anything yet in interviews but still searching..It was raining that day and she didn't go anywhere that day which was a Saturday..In theory the opportunity to write is there..

I moved on to figure out how the diary would get back into the home if she had it with her..All of her things were picked up from TL's by LA the night of the 911 call..KC was not present when everything was dumped on the floor and gone thru..Nothing was looked thru by LE only by the family except for the ID from KC's wallet which was taken by LE..I have gone over statements from that time frame but nothing is mentioned about items except what was in her wallet, credit cards, cash, computer and the bags.

IF the diary was in there but overlooked at the time and someone went thru it later..well...I know it is a lot to SPECUALTE...but what IF they tore out the pages maybe in rage, disgust, guilt, fear, all depending on what written it in but it could also be a motive to protect KC. I also think if one person found it they wouldn't tell anyone and just destroy the pages especially if you were the one mentioned in the pages. I can picture a person blaming themselves saying 'what have I done?' and protect KC as a way of making up for the guilt..It could also explain a reason not to question KC too much because you already have an understanding and it might expose something else covered up...

I am totally brainstorming and throwing things around without valid proof but thinking of 'what ifs' and IF it is likely..It makes me think that there is something to this especially with it being in the custody of the attorney and not LE because if it was nothing it wouldn't have been mentioned at all..Any thoughts?

Sorry, have to jump in here at this point, having read through most (not all) of the posts.

What are we basing the assumption that the diary was writtn in '03 on? The fact that it reads '03 on the inside front cover???? The fact that KC (a known pathological liar at the very least) told everyone it was written in '03?

Re-read the entry. I have read it at least 20 times, dissecting every single word -

I have no regrets, just a bit worried. I just want for everything to work out okay. (NO REGRETS. A BIT WORRIED. She did something, is HAPPY that she did it, but is worried - about what? About Getting caught? What, in 2003, could she possibly have done that she is worried about getting caught? As far as EVERYONE involved, the stealing didn't start yet, what possible thing could she be worried about and have no regreats about at the same time?)

I completely trust my own judgement & know that I made the right decision. I just hope that the end justifies the means.

(To me, this is a reassurance to one's self that though it may be difficult to deal with at times, it WAS the right decision to make, and hopefully the act of the decision will, in the end, be outweighed by the good it brought.)

I just want to know what the future will hold for me. I guess I will soon see -- This is the happiest that I have been in a very long time. (This seems to me that she did something - waiting for the other shoe to drop and the comment about her future... all show something very drastic and important happened that COULD and WOULD affect her future in some way. How? She doesn't yet know, but is hoping for the best - and again, she states that this is the happiest she's been in a long time. - A LONG TIME. Perhaps 3 years?)

I hope that my happiness will continue to grow -- I've made new friends that I really like. (agree with other posters that she had the same friends in 2003 that she had all during high school.) I've surrounded myself with good people -- I am finally happy (Finally happy - as seen in the photos at the club - FINALLY HAPPY - when she confessed to several friends during the last few years that she WAS NOT HAPPY and there were major problems.)
Let's just hope that it doesn't change. Why would it change? Because she doesn't get away with something.

I cannot convince anyone that this was written in 2008. But as an avid journal keeper in my youth, I have written EERILY similar passages in my journal that would not include many details - evasive, and cryptic.

There is NO WAY that KC would mention her daughter's name in this entry, as that would not only give it away, but bring reality crashing down on her head every time she read it.

Couple this entry with Diary of Days, the fact that ZFG DOES NOT EXIST, that JH DOES NOT EXIST, the pictures showing KC having the best time after 6/16, the fact that KC DID NOT have a job at Universal, the many lies, and her cryptic message to her brother on 7/15 (I'm a spiteful b@#$%), the smell in the car, the car being abandoned, KC's messages to Amy about a dead animal that never was, and you begin to have a clear picture of what happened.

There is no other explanation. There is no other direction for this case to go.

Sorry, have to jump in here at this point, having read through most (not all) of the posts.

What are we basing the assumption that the diary was writtn in '03 on? The fact that it reads '03 on the inside front cover???? The fact that KC (a known pathological liar at the very least) told everyone it was written in '03?

Re-read the entry. I have read it at least 20 times, dissecting every single word -

I tend to agree with you 100%, but to play devil's advocate here for a second :dervish:, some have argued the defense could could simply say she is reflecting on losing her virginity :blushing: to a new boyfriend.

ETA: Kind of interesting to note that the dates of June 2003 fall on the same days of the week as June 2008. IOW, June 21 is a Saturday both years. So...still could be that she goes out Friday night, June 20, 2003...loses her virginity...then reflects on it the next day. :waitasec:

I tend to agree with you 100%, but to play devil's advocate here for a second :dervish:, some have argued the defense could could simply say she is reflecting on losing her virginity :blushing: to a new boyfriend.

ETA: Kind of interesting to note that the dates of June 2003 fall on the same days of the week as June 2008. IOW, June 21 is a Saturday both years. So...still could be that she goes out Friday night, June 20, 2003...loses her virginity...then reflects on it the next day. :waitasec:

OK, I will see your virginity and raise you a handwriting analysis. ;)

The reason our handwriting changes from day to day and mood to mood is because our brain controls the flow of our writing, from how tight we hold the pen and how heavy of pressure we use to press the pen/ink onto the paper to how each sentence flows across (even or upward/downward slanted baselines) and down the page (margins, whether it's even all around the edges or if it's slanted to the right or left), and so on, are all indicative of our personality and daily moods.

Factors such as progressive physical maturity of children, emotional variation affecting mood, certain health afflictions or periods of stress may affect the appearance of writing strokes. Fundamental strokes defining the character tend to remain unchanged; however, strokes indicating emotional variations may vary appreciably. A single handwriting sample resembles a "snapshot" of the personality at that specific moment. Additional samples collected over time yield a more accurate picture of the writer's personality.

Now, the only thing I have written (PERHAPS) around the time KC graduated, is the printing on the yearbook.

However, if the theories from several handwriting experts is correct, then handwriting changes through the years - slightly, but when studying you CAN see the difference immediately.

Exhibit A:

Photos from KC's journal, Casey's written statement to police, and KC's message on the JB document.

So, based on this, I do not buy the viginity story - but I would not bet 100%. Perhaps 99.9%, but not the full 100%.

Attachments

• caseyhigh.jpg
    caseyhigh.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 55
  • kccompare1.jpg
    kccompare1.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 58
  • kccompare2.jpg
    kccompare2.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 58
  • kccompare3.jpg
    kccompare3.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 58
  • diary.jpg
    diary.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 60
Just had a thought...does anyone remember any of the details of the paper that was found in the car that Casey had written "Mrs. Anthony L...", "Casey Marie L.....", etc....wondered if maybe that ties in with this entry, and if Cindy states that piece of paper was in the car, could the diary have been in the car too?

Stretch I know, but for some reason, this piece of paper came to mind....in fact, didn't we see a photo of it at some point?

Just had a thought...does anyone remember any of the details of the paper that was found in the car that Casey had written "Mrs. Anthony L...", "Casey Marie L.....", etc....wondered if maybe that ties in with this entry, and if Cindy states that piece of paper was in the car, could the diary have been in the car too?

Stretch I know, but for some reason, this piece of paper came to mind....in fact, didn't we see a photo of it at some point?
Mhmm...
Did she write that on the back of the Hologram sticker sheet?

I agree Happy - someone other than Casey ripped those pages out of the diary, and I also believe that this could be a diary from 2003. But, it makes sense that KC could have made later entires, according to her feelings at the time - thus, while home for a night on June 21, 2008--made that revealing entry (her way of expressing guilt and then rationalizing) We still don't know what "papers" were retrieved from the Anthony attic by LE??? Maybe, this evidence will be the smoking gun.
Thanks! I just reread my post and it was a little confusing. I wrote it very early in the morning. I just keep thinking that the apples (KC and LA) didn't fall too far from the tree (CA mostly). If I did anything to hurt a hair on my parents' grandchild, I wouldn't be here posting. I'd be in jail because my parents would not have covered up for me one iota. If CA thinks my parents would be wrong, I would ask her "Yeah, and whose daughter is in jail and whose daughter is not?" The proof is in the pudding! I'm sure that CA will come up with some stupid reason why she did rip those pages out of the diary to protect KC but not because she thinks KC killed Caylee but because the bloggers and the media would have more to beat KC up with (like her trampy ways). The truth is that there probably was stuff in there that was derogatory about CA and maybe even stuff about getting even with Caylee. CA will stop at nothing to get her daughter out of jail. KC is a reflection of CA and CA can't take the thought of the public knowing that her daughter killed her granddaughter. Lying though is just a part of everyday life (in her world).

Thanks for those attachments Seebra. I just noticed that kasey always Prints her S's. They are very distinct and consistant throughout.
I don't think that this is how a girl would write about losing her virginity, even if being cryptic.

Nah . . . I don't think that's it. She would have written something juicy and wonderful in the diary, if that was the case. She said she was happy, not in love. The reason people have diaries is to write about their days and their private thoughts. It is hoped that no one else will ever read the diaries. I was always cautious about putting anything that I didn't want anyone to read but now I don't hold back as much when I write. Diaries are useful tools for venting and getting your thoughts out on paper . . . very therapeutic. Killers usually have to tell someone (or something) that they killed. KC would have to know that her overbearing mother would read her diary if she found it so she couldn't be too wordy. Somewhere along the line, KC learned how to write and talk cryptically and so did her brother.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove
Back