Casey's First Appearance On Murder Charges

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
While watching Kc hear the charges I kept thinking "boy, if that was me I would be screaming I'M INNOCENT!, I DIDN'T KILL MY BABY! PLEASE BELIEVE ME!". Of course, it wouln't matter to the judge or to the outcome of the bond hearing. But it would be a true reaction...... if you are innocent.

You really think so? I could barely see her face. Either way, even if she was crying, the tears are only for herself.

Her tears mean absolutley nothing to me. I can't help but to think what Caylee's last minutes of her life may have been like. Her tears are what matter. She was an innocent beautiful child who deserved nothing but love. Unfortunately KC is too selfish for that. Bet if she could go back she would choose the little girl who loved her unconditionally over the rest of her life in jail. Was it worth it Casey?

I know maybe this belongs under the rant thread:)

In every criminal case in which the defendant has an attorney, it is the "appearance" which is filed with the Court which makes the representation of the defendant, official, so to speak.
It is not anything Baez has to draft. It is a standardized form with fill-in-the-blanks. There is usually a pile of these forms in criminal court.
Traditionally, criminal defense attorneys hesitate to file the appearance till they have been paid. This is so because it is sometimes difficult to get out of a case....as the "appearance" is said to "lock the lawyer in."
The appearance makes his representation official in the eyes of the Court and does not indicate anything else.
Importantly, filing the appearance entitles him to discovery. A lawyer who has not filed this form is not entitled to discovery on a particular case.
Sorry such a loooong answer to such a simple question.:blowkiss:

Good thing for the fill in the blanks part:crazy:

They have a close up of her that loops where she was wiping her eyes during that JB statement yesterday. It clearly shows that she doesn't have a single tear!! It looks more like she's trying to poke the corner of her eye to try to make it water. :crazy:

Thank you for posting the video link!

Hey princesspjs,

While I cannot stand Casey, I will tell you that I definitely saw a tear. It seemingly rolled out of her right eye's tear duct and ran down her cheek. She quickly wiped it away. I think it was a tear for herself because it came after Baez said that she's someone's mother, she's someone's child and then Casey made that same "cry" face she made at the bond hearing and the tear fell. While I saw at least one tear fall and a whole lot of wiping I think those cried tears were for Casey, not Caylee (my opinion).

T

I cannot *believe* that JB TALKED to her while the JUDGE was talking to her!!!!

Not so cocky now, are you Miss Casey? Perhaps if at any moment throughout this entire nightmare, you had shown one moticum of decency and respect for your presumably missing daughter, and assisted rather than obstructed in locating her, then you would not be sitting in jail awaiting your trial on MURDER and more...Perhaps a little less strutting around and showing everyone that you can do whatever you please, and a little more concern for your child may have been the thing that spared you what you now must face. I for one do not pity you in the least. Having been a mother since I was 17 years and 1 day old, and having risen to the challenge from that moment on, and without the support of loving and caring parents, to me you are the lowest form of life that there is. Spoiled and self centered, you cared nothing for your child. Rest in peace Sweet Caylee, and may the wheels of justice grind slowly for you Casey!:furious::furious::furious:

Hey princesspjs,

While I cannot stand Casey, I will tell you that I definitely saw a tear. It seemingly rolled out of her right eye's tear duct and ran down her cheek. She quickly wiped it away. I think it was a tear for herself because it came after Baez said that she's someone's mother, she's someone's child and then Casey made that same "cry" face she made at the bond hearing and the tear fell. While I saw at least one tear fall and a whole lot of wiping I think those cried tears were for Casey, not Caylee (my opinion).

T

She cried for her own self.:mad:

Hey princesspjs,

T

Agree. I saw one single, lonely tear before she wiped it away. It was not for Caylee!

JUDGE: Mr. Baez! You can pick up your Slinky Toy later, please stand up!

...sorry, I couldn't resist.

To the topic at hand, I don't think KC slept a lot last night, so I didn't expect her to look fresh today.

ROTFLMBO!!! OMGosh, thank you for that pic caption...I needed a good laugh. It's a little hard to tell in the pic, but it looks like she is wearing makeup. Makeup can do wonders, but who in their right mind would actually even think or care enough to worry about their appearance in KC's situation? I wouldn't even be able to function or walk straight, under these circumstances...let alone worry about makeup?

Hey princesspjs,

T

Ahhh - yes in the video in it's entirety, I did see that single tear also. Thanks for pointing that out, I just about missed it! :wink:

Snipped from WFTV:

"Casey looked up at her attorney, Jose Baez, afterward, smiled tensely and then walked out of court. It was a stark contrast to Tuesday afternoon, when the tears were flowing outside her lawyer's office before the grand jury indicted her and even to the new look she sported after her arrest, the party girl trying to look more like a law student with slacks and a button-up shirt.

Baez would not answer questions after Casey's first appearance.

Even though Casey is now facing new and much more serious charges, her trial is still scheduled at this point for November 17. No one has asked for any delay for any reason at this point. The earliest Casey could receive any visitors at the jail is Thursday. So far, no one has asked to visit."

http://www.wftv.com/news/17719125/detail.html

Not surprised that no one wants to visit her after what she did last time she was in jail. Denied everyone her entire stay.

Ah, it is a relief to see her where she belongs. The days of six hour visits to Baez' office are over and now we can get down to the brass tacks of this case. Justice for Caylee has begun!

She probably has been crying a lot. It seems that all her life she's been enabled and cushioned, just as her parents are still doing right now.

I also think Baez had her convinced that he can rescue her. The problem with that is that she didn't base that on the assumption that she hasn't been honest with him or anyone.

I'll bet she's had a slap of reality.

I agree with most of this. She is probably one of these people whose mommy and daddy never would listen to teachers or anyone else who told them KC had a problem.
They have gotten her out of every mess she has ever been in.
Where we may disagree is that I don't think she has accepted the severity of her situation yet. It's obvious that mommy and daddy are still trying to get her out of this situation.

Snipped from WFTV:

"Casey looked up at her attorney, Jose Baez, afterward, smiled tensely and then walked out of court. It was a stark contrast to Tuesday afternoon, when the tears were flowing outside her lawyer's office before the grand jury indicted her and even to the new look she sported after her arrest, the party girl trying to look more like a law student with slacks and a button-up shirt.

Baez would not answer questions after Casey's first appearance.

Even though Casey is now facing new and much more serious charges, her trial is still scheduled at this point for November 17. No one has asked for any delay for any reason at this point. The earliest Casey could receive any visitors at the jail is Thursday. So far, no one has asked to visit."

http://www.wftv.com/news/17719125/detail.html

Not surprised that no one wants to visit her after what she did last time she was in jail. Denied everyone her entire stay.

The bolding is mine, and I almost choked when I heard that!!! LAW STUDENT? Whatever, don't insult law students please...IMO if that's what she is trying to look like, it's because she thinks she's the next Jose Baez PROTEGE, you know, that fascination with the role model in her life...

I SWEAR, the first thing that came to me when the judge was done, and KC and JB turned to leave, KC looked up at him for some kind of acknowledgement!! I half expected him to lean over and kiss her!!! Watch it again and tell me what you see...

Oh, and another thing, I don't believe for a minute that KC shed a tear, or gave this a second thought last night. I bet you she slept like a baby because she (in her Dahmer-esque mind) didn't do anything. Caylee was kidnapped and therefore it wasn't her. Just like CA and LA, but with GA....

I hold out hope for GA. I think his statement about the billboard, and him planning on driving it around, is for the purpose of keeping Caylee in the public's mind. I am hoping he is holding out for Caylee or her body to be found. Until she is, then he can't truly accept her being gone and why. I don't care what CA is going through. She continues to open her mouth and perpetuate the facade KC put out. It's hindering efforts in many ways. Instead of being on the AM show she should have been in court to see her daughter but she couldn't resist being in the spotlight and listening to herself talk.

Oh well, enough of me and my ONIONS (haha that's what my 10 year old used to call OPINIONS..."my mom says it's her ONION only so there!")

Rest in Peace baby Caylee...the monster is in her cage and she isn't coming out for a long, long time!!

I SWEAR, the first thing that came to me when the judge was done, and KC and JB turned to leave, KC looked up at him for some kind of acknowledgement!! I half expected him to lean over and kiss her!!! Watch it again and tell me what you see...

I noticed that look, too, esp. bc it's the only frontal shot of her on the video i watched of it..
I watched it twice, the first time I thought what you thought. The second time I thought it looked like the LOOK was in response to what he had written down.
Either way, it was a definite something, imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela