Casey's flip flops and shoes

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
the shirt KC has on in the target video looks to be the same top she is wearing at the video store.....??

i cant tell about the shoes....at the video store.....to blury.....

It isn't the same shirt. They are both gray but the Target shirt has short sleeves and a black and white image on the front (looks like a heart ???- white on top/black on the bottom half). The top in the BB video is sleeveless like a tank top and is solid with no image on the front. photo #3 http://www.wftv.com/slideshow/news/17841181/detail.html

It is very difficult to see the shoes in the BB video. In photo #8 the shoes appear to be a closed in shoe like a tennis shoe vs. a flipflop or sandal.

the t-shirt she's wearing in the Target video looks like maybe a V neck with a black camisole underneath? The tiny bit of black camisole and cleavage might be creating the look of a little heart there in the V, what do you think?

http://www.wftv.com/video/17660819/index.html around the 1:05 mark onward

it is very hard to see the shoes in the BB video, so blurry, in one of the first pictures (as they're going in with her following TL) it looks like she has a black boot on. Then when he has his arm around her, the pictures from the back like photo 5 or 6 it looks like she has some light colored shoe on. Then in photos 7 and 8 looks like she's wearing a darker slip on or slipper type. Maybe with a light colored sock? I wonder. I wonder if that dark area that looks like it's on her right calf in photo 7 is really just the shoe of the left foot out in front?

the shirt she has on in the Blockbuster video almost looks like she borrowed it from him doesn't it, the armholes go so far down, like in photo 5 http://www.wftv.com/slideshow/news/17841181/detail.html
(But if it was his I think it would be even longer on her maybe.) Do we know of a shirt like this in any of the clothing taken from her closet?

Just a question ... I had a hard time clearly seeing the shoes on the video. When I full-screened it, the resolution was blurry. Is there a trick to zooming in on the video and yet obtaining a clear resolution? Thanks for any tips!

Oh Curious Two I've been hoping someone with special software would zoom in on her shoes, do some kind of high resolution job on the pics or whatever they do so that we can see what shoes she has on. Unfortunately no such luck yet. As you can see by my post below, I've been just giving it my best guess so far.

Mine is of course a best guess. I wish someone could work with the stills and get a good close up of what's on her feet!! JMO

I agree, they look like maybe a white sneaker with black around the top, or just a black sock showing around the top?

That's what I thought they looked like too. There are no pictures from search warrants (that I've seen so far) that show any shoe matching this description. The only one's I'm finding in the search warrant pics are the ones she bought on July 10th at Target, so we know of course that those can't be the shoes she wearing in the June 16th BB video. She dumped them and the clothes. Ya know? I mean a whole month to do so, at so many places. Those are just soo gone and I have to face it. It's been driving me crazy for months! I have to move on to something else to drive me crazy...:crazy: It's just such a crying shame tho. Pooh!!!

now I'm looking at the BB pictures again and in picture 7, it looks like the black band could be something only on her right calf or ankle, and that her foot is slipped into a black slip on, like maybe those black and gray adidas ones that were taken from the house. What do you think?

Blockbuster photos http://www.wftv.com/slideshow/news/17841181/detail.html

the shoes from the house http://media.myfoxorlando.com/photogalleries/021809remainsfoundOCSOpictures_set10/indexGallery.htm

I still think our first guess was right. But the pics are so bad...who knows???

the shirt KC has on in the target video looks to be the same top she is wearing at the video store.....??

i cant tell about the shoes....at the video store.....to blury.....

the shirt she has on in the Blockbuster video almost looks like she borrowed it from him doesn't it, the armholes go so far down, like in photo 5 http://www.wftv.com/slideshow/news/17841181/detail.html
(But if it was his I think it would be even longer on her maybe.) Do we know of a shirt like this in any of the clothing taken from her closet?

ITA.....I don't think it is the same shirt either. The BB one is large and kind of drapes. And it looks like she has like a sports bra under it, plus it is sleeveless. But don't give up looking for those clothes "TakeNote" coz if you ever find them ......I'll.....I'll......well IDK what but I'd at least send you an electronic kiss or ....ok I'll work on it to come up with something better. Good Luck and Happy Hunting! LOL

A thought just occurred to me...

Why is it important what shoes Casey's wearing at BB? The 2.6 days in the trunk makes those shoes irrelevant unless she wore them again a couple of days later when she ventured into the woods at Suburban.

Why is it important what shoes Casey's wearing at BB? The 2.6 days in the trunk makes those shoes irrelevant unless she wore them again a couple of days later when she ventured into the woods at Suburban.

I think everyone is just trying to account for all her shoes - those photographed by LE, the pair she purchased at Target (in the video), etc.

It isn't the same shirt. They are both gray but the Target shirt has short sleeves and a black and white image on the front (looks like a heart ???- white on top/black on the bottom half). The top in the BB video is sleeveless like a tank top and is solid with no image on the front. photo #3 http://www.wftv.com/slideshow/news/17841181/detail.html

It is very difficult to see the shoes in the BB video. In photo #8 the shoes appear to be a closed in shoe like a tennis shoe vs. a flipflop or sandal.

I checked the Target site to see if any similar shoes are still available but didn't find anything listed, even in the clearance section. Of course, after all this time, they would probably be no longer available.

Hey CuriousTwo - you got me thinkin . . . did we ever see the receipts from Target? I remember Kc had receipts in her wallet (as seen in the Target video). I wonder if LE hasn't run the date time stamp on the video with a confirmation receipt of the transaction. The reason I am contemplating this is to see if there is any correlating debris from the garbage found at the dump site. (ie: 6 pack of dark colored bottles packed last in this Target video) Also it would confirm the type and style of shoes she purchased. In the other Target video - I remember she bought new bras (guess they wouldn't let her wear them in jail - based upon the lovely racer back cotton sports bra she is sporting).

I guess I was thinking if biological evidence got on anyone's clothes or shoes from the incident that resulted in Caylee's death, not only from the disposal of the body. Or if any fibers or other evidence was transferred from clothes or shoes to anything at the crime scene. And just to account for any clothes or shoes that have gone missing, etc if this makes any sense :)

Regarding the yellow flip flop found at Blanchard - that was the first search I participated in. It was headed by this guy named Wyatt..I think last name Locke? I can't remember for the life of me. Anyway, I was searching with my sister with this group of volunteer bloggers including Joe Jordan and something just did not set right with me about the guy heading the search..he was dressed in nice slacks and a nice shirt and was constantly on the cell phone instead of actually plundering through the woods or the swamp like the rest of us did. When items of "interest" were found, I felt like things that were no big deal - such as the shoe - were sensationalized. I told him there's no way KC would wear that shoe, it looked like the rest of the trash found in the woods - junk most likely left by homeless people or whatever. The only thing that seemed remotely like it could belong to KC was the turquoise polka-dotted panties, but why on earth would her panties be so perfectly placed on a fence? Seriously, why? Who dumps a body and takes off their panties? Wyatt called all the local media stations first, despite us saying he should call the police instead if he really felt anything was of evidential value.

Later when we got home I looked up his criminal record and pretty sure he was involved in fraud/theft something like that. Just some other loser using Caylee for their own personal gain. /endrant

Thank you JBean! I was just going to post that link. :)

I don't think we have ever seen any docs regarding Casey's shoes being tested for anything?

I love to watch Forensic Files. They have such amazing technology now, I feel more and more there is evidence that links Casey to the death and disposal of Caylee. We just have not seen that released. Maybe we will only know at trial?

While looking for this thread I found this thread also: Evidence removed from Anthony Home. I am interested in what other items may have been tested. Off the top of my head IIRC: dry wall, part of a mattress...

Skimming one of these threads I have linked here, the JC Penny card/Cindy is also discussed.

(Evidence removed from Anthony Home)
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76271&
highlight=evidence

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76567&highlight=evidence

ETA: Investigators conducting the search of the home have been seen removing enough items to fill up at least three vehicles. The search, which began yesterday evening, continued until early this morning.

A sheriff's deputy has been posted in front of the house to guard what is now being described as a "crime scene" by the sheriff's office. A sheriff's office helicopter is also patrolling the area to ensure that no one attempts to corrupt the scene.

Items removed from the Anthony family home include: three vacuum cleaners, two pesticide tanks, a small pillow, seven large paper bags and four boxes of potential evidence.

http://blogs.discovery.com/criminal...2008/12/several-items-o.html&ecid=AFF-7975437

Now I am thinking how some WSers were looking into the idea that Casey returned to the dump site. Maybe the shoes and clothes Casey was wearing the first time have been lost or cleaned but maybe the clothes and shoes Casey was wearing the second time were with all her stuff at Tony's apartment?
LE has these things as evidence, yes?

I wonder where all the documents regarding all the other evidence from the Anthony home are? Does their absence mean they were not tested? I wouldn't think that would be true for all the evidence collected?

...JS...

Regarding the yellow flip flop found at Blanchard - that was the first search I participated in. It was headed by this guy named Wyatt..I think last name Locke? I can't remember for the life of me. Anyway, I was searching with my sister with this group of volunteer bloggers including Joe Jordan and something just did not set right with me about the guy heading the search..he was dressed in nice slacks and a nice shirt and was constantly on the cell phone instead of actually plundering through the woods or the swamp like the rest of us did. When items of "interest" were found, I felt like things that were no big deal - such as the shoe - were sensationalized. I told him there's no way KC would wear that shoe, it looked like the rest of the trash found in the woods - junk most likely left by homeless people or whatever. The only thing that seemed remotely like it could belong to KC was the turquoise polka-dotted panties, but why on earth would her panties be so perfectly placed on a fence? Seriously, why? Who dumps a body and takes off their panties? Wyatt called all the local media stations first, despite us saying he should call the police instead if he really felt anything was of evidential value.

Later when we got home I looked up his criminal record and pretty sure he was involved in fraud/theft something like that. Just some other loser using Caylee for their own personal gain. /endrant

Yep, Wyatt was one of the first "media w*ores" in this case.

Now I am thinking how some WSers were looking into the idea that Casey returned to the dump site. Maybe the shoes and clothes Casey was wearing the first time have been lost or cleaned but maybe the clothes and shoes Casey was wearing the second time were with all her stuff at Tony's apartment?
LE has these things as evidence, yes?

I wonder where all the documents regarding all the other evidence from the Anthony home are? Does their absence mean they were not tested? I wouldn't think that would be true for all the evidence collected?

...JS...

cindy washed all the clothes that came from Tony's apartment, because she said it smelled like smoke. She washed casey's grey pinstripe pants from the car because she said it smelled like "the car"

Thank you for this personal account of your experience in the search! I laughed so hard (I snorted a little) at the "who dumps a body and takes off their panties?" comment. Thank you for the belly laugh - best abdominal workout I have had for a long time!

Unless you are staging a kidnapping/murder, and planning to start a new life in California, and just need "one more day" to get out of town...?

Seriously, though, her feet are truly small (smaller than mine) by looking at the OSCO photos, a size 5.5. I can't tell how big the yellow flip flops are, but if they are size 5.5 (or kids 2) then I would bet the farm they were KC's.

Was the crime scene the Anthony family dump, for crying out loud? The tires, flower pots, pavers, beer bottles... I just wonder how much (because a hunch tells me there is some) of that garbage back there belonged to the A's...?:waitasec:

Thank you JBean! I was just going to post that link. :)

I don't think we have ever seen any docs regarding Casey's shoes being tested for anything?

I love to watch Forensic Files. They have such amazing technology now, I feel more and more there is evidence that links Casey to the death and disposal of Caylee. We just have not seen that released. Maybe we will only know at trial?

While looking for this thread I found this thread also: Evidence removed from Anthony Home. I am interested in what other items may have been tested. Off the top of my head IIRC: dry wall, part of a mattress...

Skimming one of these threads I have linked here, the JC Penny card/Cindy is also discussed.

(Evidence removed from Anthony Home)
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76271&
highlight=evidence

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76567&highlight=evidence

ETA: Investigators conducting the search of the home have been seen removing enough items to fill up at least three vehicles. The search, which began yesterday evening, continued until early this morning.

A sheriff's deputy has been posted in front of the house to guard what is now being described as a "crime scene" by the sheriff's office. A sheriff's office helicopter is also patrolling the area to ensure that no one attempts to corrupt the scene.

Items removed from the Anthony family home include: three vacuum cleaners, two pesticide tanks, a small pillow, seven large paper bags and four boxes of potential evidence.

http://blogs.discovery.com/criminal...2008/12/several-items-o.html&ecid=AFF-7975437

And there was dry wall residue found in one of the vacuums, which makes one think that a wall was repaired? Or maybe just routine remodeling work...? (like the landscaping with lime) :waitasec:

Pretty sure I read in the botany report that there was bothing of interest found on any of Casey's shoes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member