Casey's Pants & the Knife and The Cleaning of the Pontiac

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
A 'dinnerware knife' aka 'table knife' in these parts is good for prying open door locks....At 9 y/o my son showed me how he could get into our house - including prying the deadbolt lock open. :eek: (I immediately had someone come reinforce the lock & door frame.)

If it was a sharp knife, maybe Casey used it to cut off Caylee's clothes, it might be hard to undress a dead person.

A 'dinnerware knife' aka 'table knife' in these parts is good for prying open door locks....At 9 y/o my son showed me how he could get into our house - including prying the deadbolt lock open. :eek: (I immediately had someone come reinforce the lock & door frame.)

Maybe KC had some not-so-secure places to get into when no one was looking?

Maybe like an office?

:waitasec:

Maybe like an office?

:waitasec:

It's possible if the door frame is loose & the latches don't secure inside heavy-duty strike plates.

(I actually had to use a handy-dandy 'table knife' from my own stainless steel dinnerware set to get inside a bedroom once after a not-so-DBF changed the doorknob to one that locked, & locked me out of where my own stuff was in my own apartment. Not-so-DBF was actually shocked that I got in. I think he thought I picked the lock but I didn't -- I just jimmied it. Duh. :D )

Anyhoo, it's just a thought I was tossing out since the question came up about the knife.

Doc dump forensic report says there was a 'dinner knife' collected on 16-Jul-08 (I'm assuming this came from the Pontiac because a doll was in the evidence bag) & a 'stainless steel knife' in a box on 16-Dec-08 (included with black trash bag & pullups).

That's at least 2 knives -- if the 'dinner knife' was the one that CA found & gave to detectives(?).

I wonder if the knives are of the same pattern & if they both belonged to CA? Wouldn't you think she'd notice if she had 2 knives missing?

Or was KC just into taking knives from whomever?

Ok so they did find two knives right? Because what i was getting from the dump that along with the body they found a stainless steel knife. Right?

Ok so they did find two knives right? Because what i was getting from the dump that along with the body they found a stainless steel knife. Right?

a knife, certain types, are all you need to break into some locks (shed, trunk, locked house)
sliding glass doors...
I'm wondering why there was also a kitchen dinner knife found with the body. What is up with the knives? Did Caylee like carrying them?

not that I am defending anyone here, but if I find a knife or a spoon (I say a spoon because for some odd reason I HAVE found a spoon in my truck while cleaning it.... kids) in my truck... even if it looks perfectly clean, I would wash it. What if it was on the floor? ewwww. I couldn't just plop it back in the drawer!

Yes, I left a butter knife in my car that I used as a screwdriver. And I didn't kill anyone! Sheesh, people!

I think Casey used the knives to cut slices of Velvetta for Caylee to eat. There were several empty boxes of Velvetta cheese found in the car from the document dump from today.

That's how I'm interpreting it-- but I don't know if my facts are jumbled...
If the "stainless steel knife" mentioned in today's doc release is different than the "dinnerware knife" we've read about previously, this is disturbing...

Classifying it as a "stainless steel knife" and not a dinnerware knife makes me think it's a sharp knife. Googling stainless steel knives yields these results :eek:

Was there a knife (the stainless steel knife) found at the scene??

I think Casey used the knives to cut slices of Velvetta for Caylee to eat. There were several empty boxes of Velvetta cheese found in the car from the document dump from today.
That makes alot of sense, but I'm wondering why a knife was also found with the remains.

Ugh so the "stainless steel knife" was recovered with the remains. Thank you for taking the time to find the correct info!! I appreciate.

I re-read the report. it is my understanding that the backpack and knife were originally found in KC's car...

reference the evidence number listed on page 2

http://www.wesh.com/download/2009/0121/18530363.pdf

against the evidence number listed on page 42

Doc dump forensic report says there was a 'dinner knife' collected on 16-Jul-08 (I'm assuming this came from the Pontiac because a doll was in the evidence bag) & a 'stainless steel knife' in a box on 16-Dec-08 (included with black trash bag & pullups).

That's at least 2 knives -- if the 'dinner knife' was the one that CA found & gave to detectives(?).

I wonder if the knives are of the same pattern & if they both belonged to CA? Wouldn't you think she'd notice if she had 2 knives missing?

Or was KC just into taking knives from whomever?

Yes!!! This has been my question all day:

Does the knife from the car have the same pattern as the knife found on December 16th?

PS: I don't know where to post this but WHY would she bury Caylee NAKED??? I truly can't figure that out.

I re-read the report. it is my understanding that the backpack and knife were originally found in KC's car...

reference the evidence number listed on page 2

http://www.wesh.com/download/2009/0121/18530363.pdf

against the evidence number listed on page 42

I went back and re checked. You are right. The numbers match up to the evidence on page 2.

When reading page 42, when I read CSI Bloise state "from the evidence stated above" I thought he meant two paragraphs above , not 40 pages above.

From page 42 and bolded by me

08-69208
1. I observed what appeared to be a small human skull lying on the ground.
2. I observed what appeared to be duct tape on the mouth area of the skull.
3. I observed that the skull had some hairs.
4. I observed a black plastic bag in front of the skull.
Then

Art # 1, Item # H-51975 (Sealed box)

From the evidence mentioned above I collected the following Items:
· Black plastic bag with yellow pull handles.
· Pull-ups “with flowers design” collected from the back pack “Adorable”
· Stainless steel knife

However, having gone back, I can find no mention of these items being at the crime scene. Thanks for pointing this out.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RowTheBoat
Back