LA LA - Old Metairie, Nassau Drive Jane Doe, WhtFem 15-16, dress, heeled shoes, business cards, Jul'79

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

folieadeuxnola

70's-80's Jane Doe's
Reaction score
Nassau Drive Jane Doe

1684UFLA <mod note: added link to OP>
Date Discovered: Sunday, July 22nd, 1979
Discovery Location: Nassau Drive, Old Metairie, Jefferson Parish, Louisiana

*Edge of Old Metairie Golf Course

Capture.JPG

Physical Description:
Race: Caucasian
Sex: Female
Height: 5’5”-5’6” (65”-66”)
Weight: 120 lbs.
Head Hair: Brown – Light Brown

Facial Hair:
Eye Color: Blue
Clothing: Maroon dress, brown heeled shoes, brown purse

Jewelry:
Misc. Items: Business cards, Interpersonal Connection
Condition of Remain: Recognizable face
Characteristics/Medical/Scars:

Transportation:
Postmortem Interval: Hours
Estimated Year of Death: 1979
Cause of Death: Stabbing
Fingerprint Status:

Dental Status:
DNA Status:

Circumstances:

The unidentified young woman’s body was discovered in some bushes near 22 Nassau Drive about 11:30 pm on Sunday July 22nd, 1979. The young woman had been stabbed 30 times with a small pocket or pen knife. The young woman had been sexually assaulted and had apparent bruises all over her body. What ever took place prior to her death the young woman had put up a fight. A wound to the carotid artery in the lower neck was the final cause of death. She was well dressed wearing a maroon dress, brown heeled shoes and carried a brown purse. A business card was found in the young woman’s wallet that bore the name “Interpersonal Connection” with blanks where a person could hand write their name and phone number. Robbery is not believed to be a motive as that there was money still in her wallet.

There were no missing person reports that matched the young unidentified woman. LE had a sketch produced of the young woman that was circulated through media outlets however no one came forward to claim her. LE was able to trace her back to a hotel in New Orleans.

The day prior to her death the woman was observed by a witness knocking on doors at a New Orleans hotel. One of the cards found on her carried the name of a man that was traced back as a guest at a New Orleans hotel. The man was located and told LE that the woman had come to his door and propositioned him for money, however he had refused. The man said the woman had told him she was from out of town. The man was cleared by LE and is not a suspect in the case.

LE followed up with local resources to learn more about “Interpersonal Connection” and no one had heard of it. LE had provided information on the cards in hopes that a local printer may recognize and be able to assist. However no further information or tips on the cards or Interpersonal Connection were received.

Investigating Agencies:
Jefferson Parish Sheriff’s Office
1233 Westbank Expressway
Harvey, LA 70058
E-Mail: PIO2@jpso.com
Tele: 504.363.5500
Web: Jefferson Parish Sheriff, LA - Official Website | Official Website

Information Sources:
*UID is currently not in NAMUS

News/Blogs:
07/24/1979 – The Times Picayune
07/25/1979 – The Times Picayune
07/26/1979 – The Times Picayune
09/19/1979 – The Times Picayune

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi @folieadeuxnola!
I took that small picture from the Times Picayune article, and made a larger drawing of it. I'll ask for permission to post it here, when an Admin is available.

Are they certain she was between 15-16 years old? Because when I was doing my rendition of her, I really thought she was more in the 12-14 year old range.

Hi @folieadeuxnola!
I took that small picture from the Times Picayune article, and made a larger drawing of it. I'll ask for permission to post it here, when an Admin is available.

Are they certain she was between 15-16 years old? Because when I was doing my rendition of her, I really thought she was more in the 12-14 year old range.

Reading through the articles she is referenced to being very young in appearance. Potentially a child at least that is my my interpetation.

Reading through the articles she is referenced to being very young in appearance. Potentially a child at least that is my my interpetation.

Yes. The fullness of her face, her large eyes, the appearance of fake eyelashes and/or really long eyelashes, and the distinctive teeth were all signs to me while making my rendition, that she may be in the 12-14 year old range.
Capture 7.jpg

I certainly see why Rebecca Dunn came to mind. Same for me, although I think she’s too old based on what we know as of yet. Thanks for posting this one Folie, there seem to be quite a few details to go on. And as always Coffee, I appreciate your artistry!

Eye color doesn’t match. I’m wondering if there is a connection between the Devine Light Mission and the Interpersonal Connections card?

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Thumbnail

MISSING
Missing Person / NamUs #MP13877Nancy Lynn Jason, Female, White / Caucasian
Date of Last ContactJuly 17, 1977
Missing FromBethesda, Maryland

Case Information

Case Numbers
NCMEC Number1215985
Demographics
Missing Age18 Years
Current Age62 Years
First Name Nancy
Middle NameLynn
Last NameJason
Nickname/Alias--

SexFemale
Height5' 7" (67 Inches)
Weight124 lbs
Race / EthnicityWhite / Caucasian

Circumstances
Date of Last ContactJuly 17, 1977
NamUs Case CreatedFebruary 10, 2012
Last Known Location Map
LocationBethesda, Maryland
CountyMontgomery County
Missing From Tribal Land--
Primary Residence on Tribal Land--
Circumstances of DisappearancePer law enforcement, Nancy Jason was last seen at her residence in Bethesda, MD on 07/20/1977 when she picked up some medication at her residence. Jason was affiliated with the Divine Light Mission and was planning a trip to Florida to attend a meeting of that group. She had laid out clothes, money, and a camera for this trip, but these items were left behind at the residence. Jason was known to travel via hitchhiking.
Physical Description
Hair ColorBrown
Head Hair Description--
Body Hair Description--
Facial Hair Description--
Left Eye ColorBrown
Right Eye ColorBrown
Eye Description--
Distinctive Physical Features
No Known Information

Clothing and Accessories
Item
Description
Accessories
Wire rim glasses

Attachments

• 830F6C26-3E63-4D89-B85E-2499CF13576F.png
    830F6C26-3E63-4D89-B85E-2499CF13576F.png
    24.8 KB · Views: 20
upload_2020-12-28_19-3-2.jpegupload_2020-12-28_19-3-18.jpeg
I do see somewhat of a resemblance, but I think maybe she would have been too old. I’m not sure about this one. The eyes too, if the UID’s were most certainly blue.

I wonder why they weren’t able to find anything about the “Interpersonal Connection”...surely there’s got to be something there? It says they followed up on it locally, maybe the search should have been broadened.

I'm reading "propositioned for money" as a bit of a euphemism here...A religious cult wouldn't really fit with that IMO

True...not exactly on the up and up. But, it was the swinging 70's and lots of those cults had some kind of sex angle. Having an "introduction" card is really just weird...

True...not exactly on the up and up. But, it was the swinging 70's and lots of those cults had some kind of sex angle. Having an "introduction" card is really just weird...
I don't think it was an introduction card, but a business card you could fill in yourself. Interpersonal Connection sounds like it could either be a prostitution thing or a regular business card thing. It sounds like she was knocking on doors of hotels trying to get customers. Maybe she'd write her name and number down for the ones who told her to come back later or something, or she "exchanged business cards" since they found a card on her that lead to the New Orleans hotel guest.

What do you think of this young girl?

19702594_839956219488153_5876397228722707867_o.jpg
Lori Lynn Sibrel
Lori Lynn Sibrel – The Charley Project
3538DFTN- Lori Lynn Sibrell

More information:
https://www.facebook.com/SpecialCollectionsatWCPLtn/photos/839956219488153

Interesting YT video made by her brother:
Makes me wonder if she looked just like her mother @ 7:27 mark of video? Her Mom looks very much like my rendering, in my humble opinion.

Name: Lori Lynn Sibrell
Case Classification: Endangered Missing
Missing Since: November 05, 1978
Location Last Seen: Franklin, Williamson County, Tennessee
Date of Birth: June 23, 1963
Race: White
Height: 5'8"-5'10"
Weight: 130-150 lbs.
Hair Color: Brown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Unknown
Dentals: Not Available
Fingerprints: Not Available
DNA: Available
Clothing: blue jeans, blue shirt, and brown shoes
Jewelry: Unknown
Additional Personal Items: Brown purse, house keys
Circumstances: Lori was last seen leaving CY Market at 4:00 pm on November 5, 1978, walking on Hillsboro Road. At the time of her disappearance, she resided at River Rest in Franklin, TN and was in the 10th grade at Franklin High School.

Agency Name: Williamson County Sheriff's Office
Agency Contact Person: Detective Beard
Agency Phone Number: 615-790-5554
Agency E-Mail: N/A
Agency Case Number: 78110521475

NCIC Case Number: Unknown
NamUs Case Number: 28556

Last edited:
What do you think of this young girl?

View attachment 277331
Lori Lynn Sibrel
Lori Lynn Sibrel – The Charley Project
3538DFTN- Lori Lynn Sibrell

More information:
https://www.facebook.com/SpecialCollectionsatWCPLtn/photos/839956219488153

Interesting YT video made by her brother:
Makes me wonder if she looked just like her mother @ 7:27 mark of video? Her Mom looks very much like my rendering, in my humble opinion.

Name: Lori Lynn Sibrell
Case Classification: Endangered Missing
Missing Since: November 05, 1978
Location Last Seen: Franklin, Williamson County, Tennessee
Date of Birth: June 23, 1963
Race: White
Height: 5'8"-5'10"
Weight: 130-150 lbs.
Hair Color: Brown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Unknown
Dentals: Not Available
Fingerprints: Not Available
DNA: Available
Clothing: blue jeans, blue shirt, and brown shoes
Jewelry: Unknown
Additional Personal Items: Brown purse, house keys
Circumstances: Lori was last seen leaving CY Market at 4:00 pm on November 5, 1978, walking on Hillsboro Road. At the time of her disappearance, she resided at River Rest in Franklin, TN and was in the 10th grade at Franklin High School.

Agency Name: Williamson County Sheriff's Office
Agency Contact Person: Detective Beard
Agency Phone Number: 615-790-5554
Agency E-Mail: N/A
Agency Case Number: 78110521475

NCIC Case Number: Unknown
NamUs Case Number: 28556
She seems like a good possibility.

What do you think of Michelle Mulcahy. Michelle Meredith Mulcahy – The Charley Project
Her case seems like maybe she got messed up with the wrong people.

Michelle was 17 years old when she went missing - blue eyes, brown hair.

Michelle was last seen leaving a friend's residence in the vicinity of the 6100 block of southwest 16th Street in Pompano Beach, Florida on July 7, 1979. She was on her way to a dance contest at the Candy Store Lounge at the time of her disappearance, but she never arrived as scheduled.

Michelle has not been heard from again. She was accompanied by an unidentified Caucasian man and woman driving a black 1978 or 1979 Cadillac when she disappeared; she left her friend's home with them.

Michelle was an aspiring model and her loved ones stated she was going through a rebellious phase at the time of her disappearance. She had left her mother's Fort Lauderdale, Florida residence and moved in with a friend. She had also gotten involved with drugs and was dating a convicted drug smuggler. Her boyfriend dropped out of sight after her disappearance and may have gone to South America.

Investigators don't believe Michelle left of her own accord. She left all her clothes behind, as well as her makeup and the car she'd just bought. Foul play is suspected in Michelle's disappearance, which remains unsolved.

I don't think this is Michelle. This girl was seen the day before her body was found, but it seems like Michelle most likely met her fate the day she disappeared. This girl's sketch shows her hair as curly/wavy but Michelle's looks straight. IMO her face looks too thin and angular to be this Doe too. I wish there were more pictures of Michelle since pics 1 and 2 look so different!

I don't think this is Michelle. This girl was seen the day before her body was found, but it seems like Michelle most likely met her fate the day she disappeared. This girl's sketch shows her hair as curly/wavy but Michelle's looks straight. IMO her face looks too thin and angular to be this Doe too. I wish there were more pictures of Michelle since pics 1 and 2 look so different!

I submitted Michelle anyway. Maybe the people she was last seen with forced her into human trafficking? I think all the pictures in Michelle's Charley and Doe Network profile look different also. I figured it was worth a shot. It's been 41 years since this Jane Doe has been unidentified.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214
Back