LA LA - Kristhal Chinchilla-Canizales, 14, possible victim of trafficking, New Orleans, 22 May 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

mlhenn

Reaction score

According to the NOPD, Kristhal Chinchilla-Canizales was visiting a New Orleans museum in the CBD on May 22 when she went missing.

Chinchilla-Canizales is described as 5-foot-2 (157 centimeters), 135 pounds (61 kilograms) and was last seen wearing a black Harley-Davidson pullover and a blue yoga-style jumpsuit.

b8a18ed6-07a9-4b8e-bdcf-eef90b41a6a3_16x9.jpg
b8a18ed6-07a9-4b8e-bdcf-eef90b41a6a3_1140x641.jpg

Investigators said they believe she may be a trafficking victim.

NOPD officers are searching for the 14-year-old Kristhal Chinchilla-Canizales, who was last seen on Wednesday, May 22 while on a day trip to a museum in Downtown New Orleans.

Officers are considering her disappearance critical, as they are concerned she may be a trafficking victim.

Kristhal Chinchilla-Canizales, 14, was last seen on May 22 on a day trip to visit a museum in...

Kristhal Chinchilla-Canizales, 14, was last seen on May 22 on a day trip to visit a museum in downtown New Orleans.
* wish we knew which museum. Ive tried searching around & have found a few that scheduled day trips for that day in the area. May 26 was on a Sunday so that narrows it down. Also maybe the free or reduced for children fees i imagine... Kristhal needs to be found. I'm glad someone reported her missing. I wonder who.

Kristhal Chinchilla-Canizales, 14, was last seen on May 22 on a day trip to visit a museum in...

Kristhal Chinchilla-Canizales, 14, was last seen on May 22 on a day trip to visit a museum in downtown New Orleans.
* wish we knew which museum. Ive tried searching around & have found a few that scheduled day trips for that day in the area. May 26 was on a Sunday so that narrows it down. Also maybe the free or reduced for children fees i imagine... Kristhal needs to be found. I'm glad someone reported her missing. I wonder who.
She was last seen on Wednesday May 22nd not on the 26th.

I wonder if this was an end of year school field trip?

Additional Info:

Kristhal Chinchilla-Canizales was on a day trip to a museum in New Orleans when she disappeared.

The teen was in the custody of the Louisiana Department of Children and Family Services (DCFS) on May 22 when they went on a group trip to the museum, New Orleans police told Fox News Digital.

Police say that at some point during the trip she “left the group” and has not been seen since. Authorities have not said why they believe she may be a victim of trafficking.

I wonder how long Kristhal has been in the custody of DCFS? Had she been communicating with someone? Because it sounds like she left to meet someone. Hope she's found safe quickly!

ETA - She has been running away since she was 12 :(

Missing - January 2023

Missing -January 2024, from "her home".

Last edited:

Additional Info:

Kristhal Chinchilla-Canizales was on a day trip to a museum in New Orleans when she disappeared.

The teen was in the custody of the Louisiana Department of Children and Family Services (DCFS) on May 22 when they went on a group trip to the museum, New Orleans police told Fox News Digital.

Police say that at some point during the trip she “left the group” and has not been seen since. Authorities have not said why they believe she may be a victim of trafficking.
I wonder why they believe her to be a victim of trafficking vs with bio family members?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grumpie13
Back