Caylee Anthony 2 year old General Discussion #65

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, in the beginning I felt they were being advised by Baez and that proved to work against them in the realm of public opinion. How do you think they should be professionally guided now?

For the record, there were many on this board that believed the Anthonys would have been best served using a spokesperson (good to know they read here 'cause their "civil" attorney had an explanation for that-not that I agree). Cindy IMO liked controling what was happening initially and it just proved to be a really bad mistake. I think it was the GPs behavior (and Casey's for that matter)which just confused the heck out of everybody. It continues to throw the light of suspicion on them.
IMO Cindy and George need to add two new words to their large vocabulary:

NO COMMENT

They need to repeat these two words over and over and over and over.

And another totally random thought of mine (that's how my brain works! lol)... but I would have LOVED the see the look on Casey's face when her mom found her on July 15th. I bet she thought she was soooo well hidden and they've not be able to track her down. --> talk about the deer in the headlights look! <--

Amy would have also verified to Cindy that Caylee had not been seen on their end either. I'd like to hear the full story that the Anthony's are thinking about what happened to Caylee. It must have something to do with Amy's missing money and the ditching of the car. If that is being excused as Casey not being ill or capable doing something extreme, then it must all tie together in their eyes.

I'm not a professional psychiatrist or anything but I am a special education teacher and I have cared for seriously mentally ill children in my classes.

I do believe that there are some people who live in their own world and truly believe it. I've seen it in my students. Sometimes I wonder if they lie first and convince themselves of the lie, but unfortunately I think a lot of the times they just go into warped thinking mode and they completely disconnect from reality and go into these strange worlds. They really think these things are true. This is just my opinion only based on what I've seen. The mind does scary things to protect itself- people can do things and totally compartmentalize that from any other thing they've done...

Exactly it imo

not_my_kids said:
Some are required 24/7. Some are not. The only ones that I knew of that were 24/7 were LE. But now that you mention foster parents and some social workers are too.
I was a healthcare worker for 13 years in nursing homes, hospitals, and home health. Even if I was off-duty, I would feel it was my duty to report abuse if I came across it. I call 911 from my cell-phone to report drunk drivers, accidents, and fires, and I am the Neighborhood Watch captain for my block. I call LE to report suspicious activity in my neighborhood.

I can't wait for tomorrow's story. Now that Casey knows that the police know her ZG story is bogus -- we should get a great follow-up lie tomorrow.

I'm guessing she will give us a beauty like, "ZG was a lie because the real kidnappers told me if I called the police they would harm Caylee." "I can't tell you the real name."

Should make for an interesting Friday.

Were the kidnappers not interested in ransom but interested in how much a gorgeous little "orphan" is worth!? And maybe Casey wanted $$$ instead of responsibility!?:furious:

That law varies state to state. Do you have a source for the law in Florida? I was not aware mandated reporters were allowed to opt out of required notifications when they are not working.
http://www.smith-lawfirm.com/mandatory_reporting.htm
Does not state whether they are required to when not at work. I know that my therapist is a mandated reporter and he has stated on several occasions that he has seen things when not at work that he is glad he has not had to report. ANd then laughed and said that he was not at work, so it wasn't an issue. This was when I lived in FL. I was there for about 3 years, have been up here ever since. Hunting for a better link. If someone already posted one, sorry, trying to catch up.

I think they should put Casey in a room with the Tim McGraw song "If You're Reading This". :(

Man, it was on yesterday when I was flipping stations and it made me about cry a river... and I don't even listen to country music!

I think they should put Casey in a room with the Tim McGraw song "If You're Reading This". :(

Man, it was on yesterday when I was flipping stations and it made me about cry a river... and I don't even listen to country music!

Aww Cakegirl, that makes me wanna cry!

I seen a preview that Greta will be on Sat. at 9...I'm assuming pm.....I didn't know she was on Saturdays...but I'll be tuned in!

I can't wait for tomorrow's story. Now that Casey knows that the police know her ZG story is bogus -- we should get a great follow-up lie tomorrow.

I'm guessing she will give us a beauty like, "ZG was a lie because the real kidnappers told me if I called the police they would harm Caylee." "I can't tell you the real name."

yeah, or she'll say something like ZG was only her alias. ;)

The circumstances under which a mandatory reporter must make a report vary from State to State. Typically, a report must be made when the reporter, in his or her official capacity, suspects or has reasons to believe that a child has been abused or neglected. Another standard frequently used is when the reporter has knowledge of, or observes a child being subjected to, conditions that would reasonably result in harm to the child. Permissive reporters follow the same standards when electing to make a report.
http://www.childwelfare.gov/systemwide/laws_policies/statutes/manda.cfm
Note the words: in his or her professional caacity. Maening, if am correct, while they are at work.

So, if Cindy was forthcoming with the "evidence" from the car that she accidentally washed immediately - why wouldn't she have given it to LE when they did the search of the car? Which, btw, included a hair sample & a stain. Not that they were investigating a possible crime or anything...

I was a healthcare worker for 13 years in nursing homes, hospitals, and home health. Even if I was off-duty, I would feel it was my duty to report abuse if I came across it. I call 911 from my cell-phone to report drunk drivers, accidents, and fires, and I am the Neighborhood Watch captain for my block. I call LE to report suspicious activity in my neighborhood.
Bump for not_my_kids

Should make for an interesting Friday.

Actually, the police talked to and cleared that Zenaida weeks ago, and Casey knew it. I couldn't figure out why the media was making such a big deal out of it today. I guess it's because it's because this is the first time she spoke to the press.

You're right - no party. Cindy said that yesterday - that if Caylee's back - big huge party - but if she isn't then they will have a quiet private little thing. What word did she use? She didn't say celebration but.... oh man my brain is fried as well.

Someone needs to send a birthday cake to the jail for Casey that says: Happy Birthday Caylee with 3 big candles on it/ then have it say Mommy where am I????????? With a stuffed bear that plays Happy Birthday....

Start torturing her, until she talks!!!!!

Some are required 24/7. Some are not. The only ones that I knew of that were 24/7 were LE. But now that you mention foster parents and some social workers are too.

Here is the mandatory report law from the Florida.Gov website on Chapter 39:

39.201 Mandatory reports of child abuse, abandonment, or neglect; mandatory reports of death; central abuse hotline.--

(1)(a) Any person who knows, or has reasonable cause to suspect, that a child is abused, abandoned, or neglected by a parent, legal custodian, caregiver, or other person responsible for the child's welfare, as defined in this chapter, or that a child is in need of supervision and care and has no parent, legal custodian, or responsible adult relative immediately known and available to provide supervision and care shall report such knowledge or suspicion to the department in the manner prescribed in subsection (2).

(b) Reporters in the following occupation categories are required to provide their names to the hotline staff:

1. Physician, osteopathic physician, medical examiner, chiropractic physician, nurse, or hospital personnel engaged in the admission, examination, care, or treatment of persons;

2. Health or mental health professional other than one listed in subparagraph 1.;

3. Practitioner who relies solely on spiritual means for healing;

4. School teacher or other school official or personnel;

5. Social worker, day care center worker, or other professional child care, foster care, residential, or institutional worker;

6. Law enforcement officer; or

7. Judge.

The names of reporters shall be entered into the record of the report, but shall be held confidential and exempt as provided in s. 39.202.

There is a great deal more detail to the law which can be found at:

http://tiny.cc/lQtib

Further laws pertaining to child abuse and neglect in Florida can be found here: http://tiny.cc/iyYcp

Hope this helps everyone. :)

Someone needs to send a birthday cake to the jail for Casey that says: Happy Birthday Caylee with 3 big candles on it/ then have it say Mommy where am I????????? With a stuffed bear that plays Happy Birthday....

Start torturing her, until she talks!!!!!

If Caey did kill her, do you think that would have any effect? I'm sure the detectives have said worse, they can be downright brutal. Especially when there is a missing child involved. Not that I blame them. I doubt I would be very nice about it.

Actually, the police talked to and cleared that Zenaida weeks ago, and Casey knew it. I couldn't figure out why the media was making such a big deal out of it today. I guess it's because it's because this is the first time she spoke to the press.
Its because someone realized that the date on the sign in card at Sawgrass WASN'T 4/17 like previously reported but 6/17 and that put it right smack dab in the middle of this narrowing timeline. Plus this poor ZG is being hounded to death - repeating over and over that I AM NOT THE ZG - I AM NOT THE ZG. I feel for her - I really do and I'm pretty sure she is believable and is telling the truth.

Now don't go off on that tangent again about that ZG and "could she be involved". That went round and round here earlier and got kinda ugly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member