Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So they prolly couldn't hire him?
Don't have any idea if they would hire him. But anyone can investigate a case.
My son was jumped at a gas station. the perps told the cops that my son jumped him. The cops were going to call it mutual combat and let it go.
We went to the gas station and talked the guy into giving us his video surveillance tapes. We watched them until we found out the guy jumping my son.
IOW,. we did our own investigations that the cops were not going to bother with.

We did the same thing at Taco Bell. The drive thru window guys gave us the tapes.

ETA: But imo the best way to go is to hire a PI and as I say that is what I would do.

As much as I know I will get jumped on for this, I have to say it.
If someone posts her bond and there is not enough to charge her with more than neglect, she will walk. That's why bond was set and it's called the justice system. She has a right to walk out of that jail as long as she makes bond and barring the entrance of more charges, there is no way that LE can stop it now. They did their best.

absolutly.

Don't have any idea if they would hire him. But anyone can investigate a case.
My son was jumped at a gas station. the perps told the cops that my son jumped him. The cops were going to call it mutual combat and let it go.
We went to the gas station and talked the guy into giving us his video surveillance tapes. We watched them until we found out the guy jumping my son.
IOW,. we did our own investigations that the cops were not going to bother with.

We did the same thing at Taco Bell. The drive thru window guys gave us the tapes.

The cops seem to be investigating this one though.

ETA: saw your ETA :)

If someone posts her bond and there is not enough to charge her with more than neglect, she will walk. That's why bond was set and it's called the justice system. She has a right to walk out of that jail as long as she makes bond and barring the entrance of more charges, there is no way that LE can stop it now. They did their best.
I totally agree and that is the way it should be imo.

The more time it takes for her to bond out the more time LE has a case to put together before a grand jury.

If I understood Padilla correctly, he said there is a bail bondsman in Miami whose name sounds like Nebbish, who's been poring over the bail statutes and found a little-enforced requirement that the $50,000 bail deposit be paid by a bond company licensed in Florida.

Bondguy Padilla paid the deposit to his associate in Texas. I didn't catch whether that guy is licensed in FL, but I don't think he is.

The Texas guy has to call the Florida insurance commissioner in the morning to get a ruling on whether the Texas guy can transfer the money to the local FL bondsman they're working with. Worst case I suppose would be for Padilla to get the money back from the Texas guy and pay it directly to the Florida guy, but it sounds like that might eliminate the Texas guy from the equation, and he's the one guaranteeing the $450,000.

I think.

If I understood Padilla correctly, he said there is a bail bondsman in Miami whose name sounds like Nebbish, who's been poring over the bail statutes and found a little-enforced requirement that the $50,000 bail deposit be paid by a bond company licensed in Florida.

Bondguy Padilla paid the deposit to his associate in Texas. I didn't catch whether that guy is licensed in FL, but I don't think he is.

The Texas guy has to call the Florida insurance commissioner in the morning to get a ruling on whether the Texas guy can transfer the money to the local FL bondsman they're working with. Worst case I suppose would be for Padilla to get the money back from the Texas guy and pay it directly to the Florida guy, but it sounds like that might eliminate the Texas guy from the equation, and he's the one guaranteeing the $450,000.

I think.

That sounds like a legal nightmare.

Bounty Hunter Leonard Padilla has been on every show he can be on all night including Greta. In each of these shows, what could be the "new" defense story had started to blossom via Leonard's casual remarks. The following assumes you know several things about this case thus far before reading further:
  1. Who Casey called that wasn't a family member on June 16th (3 friends)
  2. Where some of those people may have been or are at the present time (Georgia and Puerto Rico)
  3. Which of these people are or were former law enforcement
In nearly every interview Leonard Padilla gave this evening, those pieces of information relate directly to the statements he made about what he believed may have happened and why he thinks Caylee is alive. As Casey's attorney Jose Baez said last night on Greta, the explanation of why Casey did not report Caylee missing for 31 days "would be covered in his opening statement" -- we think Leonard gave mondo hints about what that statement might contain tonight. For example:
  • Leonard said that he believed Casey gave her to a "friend" (who isn't the Gonzalez chick Casey named long ago) for a couple of days who didn't bring her back
  • He alluded to "Georgia" and "Puerto Rico" as where folks could be who have or have had Caylee
  • Jose's co-council Mike Walsh said in an MSNBC interview a couple weeks ago that one of Casey's closest friends "had mental issues"
  • Casey doesn't trust law enforcement
The allusion here is that one of the 3 friends would still have Caylee. (In weaving this tale, all defense parties involved would have to completely discount the car and it's contents - which we believe they have done for a while). In a murder or manslaughter defense to cast reasonable doubt, those friends would need to have an alibi for some period of time on June 16th when Caylee went missing. God forbid any of those people babysat Caylee on that day, or even just saw Casey and Caylee together that afternoon of June 16. Start thinking about it, folks. We can see this one coming, and why shouldn't we? Casey's been in jail for a month and had lots of time to create a new drama. This time though, it's going to affect people around her who DO know her.

Isn't the 10% bailbond fee in addition to the $500,000? In other words, the court wants $500,000 AND the bondsman wants an additional $50,000 for a total of $550,000.

If what that gal said on the JG thread is true, could the Anthony's be in trouble for having someone check up on the lead that was not a detective on the case? could that be interfering with an investigation?

Isn't that what everyone has been telling them to do. Look for Caylee. If it was me I sure would have been there to check out the story.

I think now even more so that it's BS. Lp is on tv trashing the Florida bondsman and blaming him for the hold up. He went to Fl. to bail someone out yet none of this was prearranged or the laws, etc. looked into. Yeah plead ignorance and blame someone else when it was all a scam in the first place. We can go back over all the points we've made previously such as Baez not letting Casey talk, etc. Dog Chapman made thos points about Florida and this guy says he's been doing it 33 years. IMO he knew. Casey isn't going anywhere imo.

Yeah, but did you see the smug look on the lead detective's face, as he left the Anthony home this evening? He knows something.

Bounty Hunter Leonard Padilla has been on every show he can be on all night including Greta. In each of these shows, what could be the "new" defense story had started to blossom via Leonard's casual remarks. The following assumes you know several things about this case thus far before reading further:
  2. Where some of those people may have been or are at the present time (Georgia and Puerto Rico)
In nearly every interview Leonard Padilla gave this evening, those pieces of information relate directly to the statements he made about what he believed may have happened and why he thinks Caylee is alive. As Casey's attorney Jose Baez said last night on Greta, the explanation of why Casey did not report Caylee missing for 31 days "would be covered in his opening statement" -- we think Leonard gave mondo hints about what that statement might contain tonight. For example:
  • Leonard said that he believed Casey gave her to a "friend" (who isn't the Gonzalez chick Casey named long ago) for a couple of days who didn't bring her back
  • He alluded to "Georgia" and "Puerto Rico" as where folks could be who have or have had Caylee
  • Jose's co-council Mike Walsh said in an MSNBC interview a couple weeks ago that one of Casey's closest friends "had mental issues"
  • Casey doesn't trust law enforcement
The allusion here is that one of the 3 friends would still have Caylee. (In weaving this tale, all defense parties involved would have to completely discount the car and it's contents - which we believe they have done for a while). In a murder or manslaughter defense to cast reasonable doubt, those friends would need to have an alibi for some period of time on June 16th when Caylee went missing. God forbid any of those people babysat Caylee on that day, or even just saw Casey and Caylee together that afternoon of June 16. Start thinking about it, folks. We can see this one coming, and why shouldn't we? Casey's been in jail for a month and had lots of time to create a new drama. This time though, it's going to affect people around her who DO know her.

It just goes to show that everyone needs to be careful what friends they keep.

We know who Amy is, and we know who Jesse is.

We don't know who Kyle is, do we? Maybe he'll be the lucky weiner in this scenario.

(And not for nothing, but it's not like Padilla is busy, or anything. Why not go on TV? Beats sitting in a hotel room watching. He can do that later and catch himself on the repeats.)

they will find a way to keep her there, she ain't goin nowhere. they will come up with a reason to hold her, and they won't even need to file more charges to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cowboy89