Caylee Anthony General Discussion Thread #108

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I repeat the mantra, dogs are not perfect, dogs are not perfect, dogs are not perfect until my eyes cross. So far it's working. Not to mention that even if there was a body in the trunk, it was not neccesarily Caylees.

I am well aware dogs are not perfect but having been in Vet med all my life I also know how reliable their noses are. If there is an error it is usually the handler not the dog.

Thanks Suzi Quzi...

Casey Anthony set to walk out of jail as early as 8:30 AM

I saw on Greta where they showed what Casey's steps out of the jail will look like, including getting to the parking lot where she will leave. I was thinking, they better have her protected like Secret Service surrounding George Bush if they want her alive to talk. I have a feeling if she gets out, there is going to be some horrible happenings.

Whoever wants her will have to fight through the media first to get to her. I have a feeling they are all camped outside and waiting. It's gonna be worse than the the Christmas-time frenzy when the latest hot toy gets released.

Whoever wants her will have to fight through the media first to get to her. I have a feeling they are all camped outside and waiting. It's gonna be worse than the the Christmas-time frenzy when the latest hot toy gets released.

Makes you wonder what will get more media, the homecoming or the trial?

That is the only reason I can really come up with. Every time I think of her being alive, it keeps bringing me back to the shady dealings with the organizations involved. Something is just not right.

I'm sure the moment DNA and forensics is announced by LE, we will all have it figured out at that very moment.

It's the 'hurry up and wait' part that is killing me.

Something is sooo not right. I have this nagging feeling that there is something really horrific surrounding this whole mess.

That or the first day after Christmas clearance. That's the best shopping! :crazy:

I just have this horrid feeling of something terrible happening if she walks out of that jail. There are some crazies out there.

JP Chatt.

I just saw his pic next to a pic of Caylee. They really do look alike. Caylee also resembles her grandmother Cindy.

Is it possible that Casey parked her car at the secluded area near Orlando Airport so she could watch the plane that was carrying Caylee to Puerto Rico take off?

Did I read somewhere that JP Chatt was tested for paternity? If so, is there a link to this?

Isabelle,
Ray'sMom

I also saw the resemblence. It was on one of the threads but with the threads going as fast as they do, I can't remember which one. I am sure someone will come up with the link for you.
Jesse G was tested for paternity, don't know if JP C was. Good question but I don't think so.

Something is sooo not right. I have this nagging feeling that there is something really horrific surrounding this whole mess.

I haven't investigated it enough to say any of that is directly related to Caylee's disappearance, though it's odd. But in the least, it could be a parallel investigation that just happened to be uncovered due to this case.

Do we both agree that if the smelly car comes back and it's proven there's been a homicide that Caylee is in heaven?

:confused: and tired

That there was a homicide yes. That is was Caylee, no.
Gotta show me DNA for that.

I am well aware dogs are not perfect but having been in Vet med all my life I also know how reliable their noses are. If there is an error it is usually the handler not the dog.

I keep thinking maybe dogs were wrong also, but in my gut says they are right. Makes sense about handlers making the mistakes though. Has anyone found info on cadaver dogs. Such as how many have been wrong?

Something has been eating at me for the last couple of days - well 2 things.

1) Why LE is - for lack of a better word - dragging their feet on all of this. If the DNA is back (which I believe it is) why they haven't charged her. They have to be at the least - annoyed - at the most pizzed off royally. All this media, all the phone calls they must be getting - much less the threats - to the Anthony's now to the BH and of course to Casey - this type of case pulls ALL the crazies out of the woodwork. Now, with her making bail - going to create EVEN MORE work for them. Financially - these economic times are tough all over - REALLY TOUGH - LE's all over the country are tightening their belts - this is costing OSCO an arm and a leg. People at the top (elected officials) have got to be hammering them to "pick it up" asking all kinds of questions as to why this is going on. Much less the PR of it all - no LE agency wants to look bad. I don't get it.

2) Now all this talk about the $250K reward. We had a cop shot down here last year - reward has been like $350 - 400K for over a year. Still nothing. Nobody wants to talk. And now we have all these high rollers coming in - cryptic NY journalists, big time BH, this exotic car place, - got me wondering if (and I really want to keep the faith that she is still alive) anyone that has her wouldn't come forward for all that $$$. Well what if CA slept with some real high muckity muck and he's the daddy - money don't mean squat to someone like that - he wants his daughter (flesh and blood and all). Now we have these Miami bail bondsmen trying to throw a monkey wrench. Why - for this two bit party girl? I know I know - there's money to be made - but it ain't being made yet. Ain't going to be until the fat lady sings.

Oh I don't know anymore - its all so very very strange. Next thing we know the National Enquirer will have headlines - hell they broke the John Edwards (snake) story.

I have a theory on the reason LE is dragging their feet - at least as it's perceived by the public.

I think LE has a LOT of evidence other than the forensic evidence in the trunk of the car. Last week LE even stated that they have much more evidence than what's in the car. But there's a reason why they haven't made any other charges in this case. They don't have a body. Even though there's been successful prosecutions without a body, it's more difficult to present a case to a jury without a body.

If the prosecution were to go forward and charge Casey with murder (if that's what happened), they would then have to share the evidence they have (discovery) with Jose Baez and Walsh, which would give them more than ample time to prepare a defense.

Casey was charged with child endangerment and obstruction of justice, and she's to be arraigned for that on Thursday, Aug. 21st. The clock starts ticking at that point. The prosecution has to bring the case to trial within 190 days - 6 months, 10 days. If there are other charges, they will have to bring those charges within that time frame.

From a prosecution standpoint, the longer they can wait to file any additional charges, the less time the defense will have to prepare a defense. The prosecution wants to accumulate as much evidence as they can, including a body.

From the defense standpoint, if all Casey is charged with is child neglect and obstruction of justice, they want to go forward with a speedy trial in hope that the prosecution doesn't have enough evidence to make further charges.

Once Casey is tried for child neglect and obstruction of justice and either convicted or acquitted, she can't be tried for any additional charges stemming from that case. It's double jeopardy.

So, I think LE is taking their time (to a degree) and is withholding evidence from the media/public/defense as they continue to collect evidence. When they think they've got a good solid case, including a body (if that's what happened), they'll make additional charges.

K not wishing this or advocating it, just to be clear... but I think the crazys would be a lot more likely to kidnap and torture casey than to kill her at this point.

This has probably been discussed somewhere, but not that I've seen. TEXT MESSAGES...my son holds long back and forth conversations via text messaging instead of using the phone. HUNDREDS per month, and it is very common for this age group to do so. I know they pinged the phone and checked the call log, but what about her messages that she said she had via text with her mom and Z, and whoever else? That could be a gold mine of information. I researched this abit and found this:
http://www.engadget.com/2004/06/18/at-t-wireless-keeps-all-your-text-messages/

I keep thinking maybe dogs were wrong also, but in my gut says they are right. Makes sense about handlers making the mistakes though. Has anyone found info on cadaver dogs. Such as how many have been wrong?

Don't know exact % but have heard somewhere between 55% and 98% accurate depending on training, handling etc.

I agree. I would love to believe that this baby is still living somewhere oblivious to all of this but I also keep coming back to the dogs.

The dogs only raise suspicion they do not prove a body was there.

I'm having faith that the car was the big mistake if a murder did happen. If the whole truth was told about the 24th, the body was likely moved more than once and there should be some dna to prove who it was. The detectives did say that they are checking many things, not just the stain, dirt, and hair.

Respectfully snipped...
I have a theory on the reason LE is dragging their feet - at least as it's perceived by the public.

I agree with all aspects of this except one thing. We haven't seen proof of LE physically searching for the body to bring it all to rest. They did their training dive and kept calling it a training, denying that it was related to searching for Caylee. Was that for show? Was it to rightfully knock out 2 birds with one stone, so to speak?

I do think they were using that training to do some searching for Caylee, but why keep denying the reason? That part really confuses me. Which isn't hard to do these days. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member