Caylee Anthony General Discussion thread #140

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I totally agree..she had walked from her parents due to issuses with Casey's stealing money and issues with her life style, and with Caylee and her lack of mothering..so to get back at everyone and maintain her pride she left with Caylee. But she was used to sleeping around with different boyfriends for a place to crash..but she wasn't used to Caylee being there 24/7. She had crashed with Caylee in tow many times before, but mostly I think that Caylee as with Cindy and George overnight ..but the 24/7 thing wasn't there..which leads me to believe that once the guys were at work or school, her parents were at work..she went back home, slept and put Caylee in her room...maybe locked the door..but Caylee got out and went in the pool and the rest is history.

I have thought the exact same thing for so long now. It just "feels" right to me.

For today, I reserve the right to not give a Chit about Casey's immunity and to rant about decency. And I might change my mind tomorrow, but I doubt it.

For today, I believe that Casey accepting immunity is the right thing to do.

I haven't been able to read other threads and posts, so note that this is entirely MY HUMBLE OPINION (and heartfelt reaction.)

Caylee deserves to have a proper rite of passage into Loving Arms - regardless of which ever Deity you might believe that to be. Who cares? Really - Who cares?

It is about just having the opportunity to lay a Child to rest.

Most people deserve that, and Kids do most especially - they're just so innocent and without the jaded, prejudicial and learned attitudes that we Adults sometimes develop.

All I can think about this evening is a memory that is both touching - and gut-wrenching.

Before continuing, I'd like to state that I hope the majority of the posters here just can't relate to this and just haven't experienced the sadness that is a Child's funeral. But I know some here can and will understand what I am ranting about. Stop reading now if you don't wish to dredge up painful memories.

The ONLY thing worse than attending a Child's funeral, is NOT BEING ABLE to have a proper burial, regardless of your faith, creed, culture or religion.

If you have ever had the experience of attending the funeral of a Child, then you know that it is both excruciatingly painful and touchingly appropriate. (If you've never experienced this - then you won't really get it. And if you have, then please accept my deepest sympathy.)

On one hand, you just simply implode emotionally with the realization of just how small that casket is when you see it. 'This is not a person who had the chance to fulfill their life-long dreams and potential. THIS IS A LITTLE CHILD.'

At a Child's funeral, there may not be multiple Pall Bearers carrying a long-lived Soul forward...

Instead, you may witness the life-changing vision of caring, shattered, heart-broken, struggling, yet still somehow strong Parent or Parents; singularly carrying this infinitesimal, final, and gut-wrenching reality of a blue or pink covered satin casket - all alone or as a Parenting Team. The reality is that this final, decent and honourable token of cultural norms - it's still small enough for a SOLE caring Loved-One to respectfully deliver unto their next resting place.

As horrific as it is to witness a rite like that, it is also one that every innocent Child and loving family deserves. In its innate horror, so too, lies its innate beauty.

It hurts; it burns; and it just never leaves your Brain, but it is RIGHT.

So - without apology, I personally hope that Casey DOES take the immunity offered.

Caylee deserves to be loved, remembered and delivered forwards (where ever you believe and wish that to be,) with decency, respect - and with love.

-----------------
Ch*t on Casey or what happens to her. For today, I hope she does take the immunity - and that each and every person who was touched by Caylee can have the chance to say a decent, loving, soulful, 'Good-bye, Little Smiley One,' whilst knowing they can visit, honour and love all over here in her resting place later.

Immunity may not be 'Just' in the Eyes of the Law, but in the eyes of doing one final act of decent caring for Caylee - for today, I believe that having the ability to properly lay her to rest - in ANY fashion - is more of a priority than anything else.

Flame on - who cares?

I personally believe that none of Casey's actions to date, or going forward really matter a great deal.

But, there are a lot of people out there who would probably like to see Caylee laid at rest with some dignity and love.

So for today, I do hope that immunity is on the table - and is taken up upon.

Caylee deserves this, as do all.

How very beautiful and appropriate, PotatoHead.

Bold is mine.

If Casey claims the death came as a result of an accident but autopsy shows intentional killing can they then use that autopsy report in the prosecution even though she led them to the body?

That is more of a grey area. I would look to caselaw - decisions of the Courts of the State of Florida and if I couldn't find it there, then other jurisdictions for the answer to this question. Generally, evidence inadmissable in the case in chief can be used in rebuttal, but it depends on why it was inadmissible in the case in chief. I'd hit the law books on this one -- don't know that it is a settled point of law.

Something my husband said yesterday really rang true when I FINALLY got to AH's sworn statement. He said, with all her craziness, lies, stealing, talking bad about her parents, etc., Cindy and George are lucky she didn't kill THEM.

The whole story about taking over the house, etc. is just sooooo bizarre. That was NEVER going to happen, so why take this friend for a ride of moving into the house. She was obviously looking to get out from under the control of her parents. Staying at all these friends houses, etc. looking to move in. That myspace post of just a few more days and all the girls living together. She had to be planning something....just one more thing in her twisted mind that doesn't add up.

Maybe she had some crazy plan to off her parents and realized that would be too tough, so get rid of the source of her jealousy.

I've cried so many tears over this in the last few days I can't even count.

Sorry folks, don't know how to take just part of a quote.
Regarding the "taking over the parents house" this is what I thought earlier. I thought it very strange that people were posting she was talking to Amy about moving in with her (casey). I was thinking about the whole money thing and what she could of been using it for. Could be way off base, but it just really struck me as odd. Especially with how spiteful it appeared she was.

Who knows, the only fact I was aware of then, was Caylee was missing and Casey was partying. I don't get it. Another thing, LP said the GPS were getting death threats. From whom? and did I read somewhere that the people who testified were getting them as well?, From Who?
This is a case of "change the subject" and nobody will notice your sneaking out the back door. Speaking of the back door. Is LE watching the GPS at all?
Because IF they are involved, now might be a good time to watch. To be honest I was a little worried last week when somebody said they were gone.

I must know how have they responded to this news? Are they still in denial?
Where is the brother?

It is not a matter of geographical jurisdiction. The crime is a violation of Florida penal statutes and the office responsible for prosecuting such violations is the States Attorney. A CITY attorney might prosecute violations of city ordinances. But, without making this too confusing, the prosecutor for this case is the States Attorney. That is a person who has assistants or deputies. Usually it is an elected position. Because this is an immunity issue and the States Attorney is prosecuting it, only the States Attorney can handle an immunity deal. LE cannot grant immunity -- only the head of the proper prosecuting office can do that.

Thanks again! I think I get it!

I think it's extremely difficult to determine precisely what kind of immunity LE is offering to Casey. The possibilities are vast. With today's breaking news concerning the results of air sample testing and FBI DNA testing, LE can establish to a scientific certainty that Caylee's dead body was in the trunk of Casey's car, without any cooperation from the defendant.

All LE needs is a cause of death. That is why they want Caylee's body. To see if they can determine the cause of death, not so much to prove that Caylee is dead. From experience, I would not hang my hat on the media's choice of words in describing any potential negotiations with the defense. The media might be using the term "immunity" very loosely, and not so precisely. LE might be offering the defense a reduced sentence for information about the location of Caylees' body.

I think it's reasonable to theorize that LE only needs to firm up a cause of death theory. If a jury at trial is ever persuaded that Caylee died accidentally, Casey will be free while still a relatively young adult.

Thank you, PizMex

Something my husband said yesterday really rang true when I FINALLY got to AH's sworn statement. He said, with all her craziness, lies, stealing, talking bad about her parents, etc., Cindy and George are lucky she didn't kill THEM.

The whole story about taking over the house, etc. is just sooooo bizarre. That was NEVER going to happen, so why take this friend for a ride of moving into the house. She was obviously looking to get out from under the control of her parents. Staying at all these friends houses, etc. looking to move in. That myspace post of just a few more days and all the girls living together. She had to be planning something....just one more thing in her twisted mind that doesn't add up.

Maybe she had some crazy plan to off her parents and realized that would be too tough, so get rid of the source of her jealousy.

I've cried so many tears over this in the last few days I can't even count.

I have thought the exact same thing for so long now. It just "feels" right to me.

Good point, I wonder if they have asked the neighbors if Casey was home during the day. Was it normal or abnormal for her to be around?
Did she often participate in yard work, removing bamboo shoots?

For today, I reserve the right to not give a Chit about Casey's immunity and to rant about decency. And I might change my mind tomorrow, but I doubt it.

For today, I believe that Casey accepting immunity is the right thing to do.

I haven't been able to read other threads and posts, so note that this is entirely MY HUMBLE OPINION (and heartfelt reaction.)

Caylee deserves to have a proper rite of passage into Loving Arms - regardless of which ever Deity you might believe that to be. Who cares? Really - Who cares?

It is about just having the opportunity to lay a Child to rest.

Most people deserve that, and Kids do most especially - they're just so innocent and without the jaded, prejudicial and learned attitudes that we Adults sometimes develop.

All I can think about this evening is a memory that is both touching - and gut-wrenching.

Before continuing, I'd like to state that I hope the majority of the posters here just can't relate to this and just haven't experienced the sadness that is a Child's funeral. But I know some here can and will understand what I am ranting about. Stop reading now if you don't wish to dredge up painful memories.

The ONLY thing worse than attending a Child's funeral, is NOT BEING ABLE to have a proper burial, regardless of your faith, creed, culture or religion.

If you have ever had the experience of attending the funeral of a Child, then you know that it is both excruciatingly painful and touchingly appropriate. (If you've never experienced this - then you won't really get it. And if you have, then please accept my deepest sympathy.)

On one hand, you just simply implode emotionally with the realization of just how small that casket is when you see it. 'This is not a person who had the chance to fulfill their life-long dreams and potential. THIS IS A LITTLE CHILD.'

At a Child's funeral, there may not be multiple Pall Bearers carrying a long-lived Soul forward...

Instead, you may witness the life-changing vision of caring, shattered, heart-broken, struggling, yet still somehow strong Parent or Parents; singularly carrying this infinitesimal, final, and gut-wrenching reality of a blue or pink covered satin casket - all alone or as a Parenting Team. The reality is that this final, decent and honourable token of cultural norms - it's still small enough for a SOLE caring Loved-One to respectfully deliver unto their next resting place.

As horrific as it is to witness a rite like that, it is also one that every innocent Child and loving family deserves. In its innate horror, so too, lies its innate beauty.

It hurts; it burns; and it just never leaves your Brain, but it is RIGHT.

So - without apology, I personally hope that Casey DOES take the immunity offered.

Caylee deserves to be loved, remembered and delivered forwards (where ever you believe and wish that to be,) with decency, respect - and with love.

-----------------
Ch*t on Casey or what happens to her. For today, I hope she does take the immunity - and that each and every person who was touched by Caylee can have the chance to say a decent, loving, soulful, 'Good-bye, Little Smiley One,' whilst knowing they can visit, honour and love all over here in her resting place later.

Immunity may not be 'Just' in the Eyes of the Law, but in the eyes of doing one final act of decent caring for Caylee - for today, I believe that having the ability to properly lay her to rest - in ANY fashion - is more of a priority than anything else.

Flame on - who cares?

I personally believe that none of Casey's actions to date, or going forward really matter a great deal.

But, there are a lot of people out there who would probably like to see Caylee laid at rest with some dignity and love.

So for today, I do hope that immunity is on the table - and is taken up upon.

Caylee deserves this, as do all.

Thank you so much for your words. It took me about 10 minutes to read this, 'cause I was having troubles reading through my tears. I agree, too, with someone who has already responded. I'm not snipping a word. Thank you. And I hope I don't offend, but God bless!

At first I really thought that Caylee died accidently and Casey "freaked out" and tried to cover it up. Now I am thinking it through and I would think if that were the case, even if she did try to cover it up she wouldn't be able to not have it affect her, just going about her life and hitting the clubs, without appearing at least upset. I am starting to lean towards thinking that she did intentionally kill the child, maybe impulsively and instead of regret she felt relief, she could go about her life without dealing with a child or her parents pushing her to try to make her parent that child, or having to listen to them complain about how they are raising the child. I think she really thought she could get away with it. Any one else change their mind about whether or not Caylee was killed accidently or purposely?
Yes, even now it's difficult for me to come to terms with a Mother killing her child. I kept thinking that there was a possibility that she did hand the child off to someone or possibily an accident. after I read the released docs. yesterday I felt differently. when I read the interview with her at univerasal I kept thinking about Ted Bundy. Yes, now I realize how naive and unrealistic I've been about this case. I also have to add that I find Cindy very responsible for much of what's happened. when you support and don't intervine, knowing that your child is a liar, thief, sleeps with anyone, and in fact possibly a sciopath, you have to take partial responsibilty for the actions of that child.

In those reports we read that Casey told Amy that her mother was going to sign the house over to her. I had the sickest feeling in my stomach after reading that and my first thought was "Eek, was she at first thinking of killing Cindy, George and possibly Lee" It would not be the first time something like that happened!

Good point, I wonder if they have asked the neighbors if Casey was home during the day. Was it normal or abnormal for her to be around?
Did she often participate in yard work, removing bamboo shoots?

Well, there was no "Nanny" and there was no job at Universal. She had to go somewhere during the day.

Bold is mine.

If Casey claims the death came as a result of an accident but autopsy shows intentional killing can they then use that autopsy report in the prosecution even though she led them to the body?

Her deal will be dependent upon her making TRUTHFUL statements

Did LP just say that it's time for TP to grow up and that HE has to make the decision? I swear that was what he said after he said it was up to TP about whether to revoke her bond or not.

I thought I heard that too. I was moving from one room to another though.

Isabelle,
Ray'sMom

I know the Presedential Election is important but I'm sick to see Bill Clinton on TV over Caylee. Sorry, but with his cheating I don't feel he deserves this stage tonight. Caylee is so much more important.

Now I want to throw up. Where are our value? Who cares what Bill has to say. This is a man who cheated on his family, yet he has center stage tonight on TV here in NY. OVER CAYLEE? What is wrong with our world?

Sorry just venting; very upset and frustrated.

I agree Katie.
Sweet little Caylee deserves all of the air time tonight.
I just don't have anything else to say. I am actually at a loss for words tonight.

I am really grieving for this beautiful child. I too am very upset and frustrated Katie.

And Casey Anthony does not deserve anything at all, except to be thrown back in jail, and remain there for the rest of her miserable life!:furious:

I am always so back and forth on this very thing. I want them to rot in jail but at the same time our jails can be so accommodating, with education,rehab,visitation, recreation,exercise etc... that it sometimes doesn't feel like it's enough. With the DP, you know when you are going to take your last breath, sometimes you accept that, sometimes you don't. I know there are appeals and such but it seems like a crapshoot with your life. I don't know Shannon, I don't know what would be more tortuous but I do know that I want the most HORRIBLE punishment for Casey. I am so tired of parents hurting, abusing, neglecting and murdering their children. Just plain effing tired of it.
I always say that a jail should be a cell, and nothing more. You want food or water or clothes or books? Then you better not tick off everyone who might bring it to you. Oh yeah, and the hungry rats. Some folks need them in the cell with 'em. I think we'd have far fewer criminals. (And yep, that's just my own opinion!)

"Preliminary results were back from FBI tests on physical evidence found in the trunk of Casey Anthony's car. The samples, which included hair that investigators said was scientifically linked to Caylee, a stain and dirt, came back positive for signs of decomposition. Investigators said more test results were expected."

On NG they were not indicating that the decomp was Cahley's, is there some confusion here? Also, NG called in and said no way should the prosecutors be offering Casey any sort of immunity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finch5800