Caylee Anthony General Discussion thread #142

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no faith that Casey would do the right thing and take a deal on limited immunity.

It would be wonderful if Casey did take the offer of limited immunity and brought Caylee home for a proper burial.

On the other hand, the limited immunity would in some capacity limit what the prosecution could bring into evidence, such as autopsy results. If autopsy evidence indicates intentional rather than accidental death, that needs to be allowed into evidence.

M'am, I bow to your knowledge and I acknowledge your usually astute insights.

That said, I am confused?

I understand your points up until the term 'autopsy'. Then I went a little off track, perhaps.

Don't autopsy results generally require a body?

Ignoring that statement above, let me probe your brain on the limited prosecution evidence: i.e. what could be fairly excluded (or successfully challenged) as DA evidence?

"there are a lot of people out there who would probably like to see Caylee laid at rest with some dignity and love. "

Yes, this is perfectly put-regardless of whether your believe Caylee is somewhere else or that she is simply returned to the earth to make the flowers grow it his her right to be given her dignity and we owe it to ourselves and to her to do this. And those who had her in their hearts need to know where she is to be able to pay their respects to this innocent baby robbed of her chance at life.

I really like that you used the word 'dignity' and that you provided an imagery of flowers growing in your post above.

“After the test results were announced Wednesday, Local 6 received a statement from Anthony family spokesman, Larry Garrison.

It states; “Reports surrounding the DNA of Caylee Anthony are being disputed by the family and their attorney.”

Garrison said he was just told that Caylee has not been found.

The statement also said the sheriff’s department never told them that the University of Tennessee was conducting tests and that has not been confirmed.

The statement also said no plea deal is being discussed.”

I don't know if it's true or not yet, I will wait for actual official confirmation but does anyone else get this picture in their head when they hear LG speak or is it just me?

2v8mpz5.jpg

"there are a lot of people out there who would probably like to see Caylee laid at rest with some dignity and love. "

Yes, this is perfectly put-regardless of whether your believe Caylee is somewhere else or that she is simply returned to the earth to make the flowers grow it his her right to be given her dignity and we owe it to ourselves and to her to do this. And those who had her in their hearts need to know where she is to be able to pay their respects to this innocent baby robbed of her chance at life.

Agreed. Well put.

“After the test results were announced Wednesday, Local 6 received a statement from Anthony family spokesman, Larry Garrison.

It states; “Reports surrounding the DNA of Caylee Anthony are being disputed by the family and their attorney.”

Garrison said he was just told that Caylee has not been found.

The statement also said the sheriff’s department never told them that the University of Tennessee was conducting tests and that has not been confirmed.

The statement also said no plea deal is being discussed.”

I don't know if it's true or not yet, I will wait for actual official confirmation but does anyone else get this picture in their head when they hear LG speak or is it just me?

2v8mpz5.jpg

I saw the picture and i just lost it. I have been up all night and now I have the uncontrollable giggles. ANd I have a meeting in 2 hours. Ah crap. Thanks for the laugh though.

Now it is being reported that they have to verify that the decomp is human.

FOX news reporting that the results from the bosy farm are positive for decomp, but are stressing that more tests still need to be run and they are awaiting official confirmation. Nothing whatsoever about DNA tests or any results whatsoever.

o/t
There's a bassinet recall (Simplicity). I saw this on HLN just now, and just wanted to make sure any of our new mom's or soon to be mom's saw.

I have been thinking about this all night. I don't think Casey will take a plea deal. Her history shows that she will go to great lengths to lie, steal, cheat and scam. Given this, and because the case has dragged on so long , the odds are still in her favor from a legal stand point only that there is enough reasonable doubt. This is an individual who thrives on attention, who will go to any extreme to deny even the simpiliest of lies. For Casey to take a plea deal, this would mean that she will be admitting since the conception and birth of her child was all a lie. Casey has the mind set that SHE is the victim, that SHE is the one who is being wronged, this mind set is engraved in her so strong that I don't see her admitting to anything.

The evidence from the Body Farm can be challenged, it's such new technology, and the thought of "air samples" from a vehicle that had sat for so long, with no evidence of who had access to it, much less Casey during this time period is going to be a problem. To me, LE going to the extreme of performing this test with the body farm tells me that they actually don't have hard core evidence of DNA.

Casey still also has a trick up her sleeve, her mother was the last known person to actually have Caylee, all evidence points to the Fathers Day visit as the last time there is any actual proof of the child's existence. Due to the behavior of both Cindy and George, there testimony of that day where they say Casey and Caylee walked out of the house can easily be twisted in a court room.

At some point, if there is strong enough evidence against her, Casey due to her nature, will turn on someone. It could be a family member, a friend, a boyfriend that was fired from the police department.

Common sense does actually not apply in a court room. Hard evidence does, and I don't see where there is evidence or proof Casey killed her daughter.. Caseys psychological profile suggest someone that will deny any knowledge of wrong doing to the extreme. She does not have to take the stand, which will make the case harder for the prosecution to make there case. While all the circumstantial evidence clearly points to Casey killing her child and covering it up, I don't see evidence beyond a shadow of a doubt that needs to be presented in a court of law.

The release of the documents with all the interviews of her friends, show a giddy willingness to testify on behalf of the prosecution. This will be used against them by the defense. The most damming evidence is the interview of Casey herself, but yet she still maintains in these hard to believe interviews that she did not killer daughter and as of now, there is no evidence that this child is dead. Each friend that provided a statement can be cross examined in such a way that there credibility will be called into question. The fact that her own "boyfriend" was a police officer and lied, was fired will be a huge psychological factor in this case. Police officers lie! The testimony of the two (I believe it was two) independent wittiness that insist they saw Caylee after the date the prosecution insists will be the date of death is a problem.

This is a high profile case, a dream for any attorney who wants to feed there ego and get free publicity. There is still a chance that a high profile attorney will jump in and take this case. I keep thinking of the OJ case, the Jon Bona case, the Eisenberg case. All had the same factors as this case.

Unless this child's body is found, and evidence it obtained from the body, the items on the child, or at the site of where the child was buried, I see a problem with this case. I realize that I did not provide an example of every single item that can be called into question. I tried to concentrate on the most serious flaws of this case, and that is DNA evidence, a body and a motive.

Mitchlite, I have to agree with you. Without a body or confession this is going to be a hard case to get a conviction. I hope there is something in the DNA results when they do get back.

MitchLite.

You made many valid points .

(I shoud preface any further response by divulging that I am one of those thatt does firmly believe LE has it in hand already.)

That said, I have also wondered about the prior legal precedence in regards to the veracity of the 'Body Farm' results since it is a 'new' technology when it comes to case law.

OTH, I do believe that I also read today that the hair in the trunk also came back as positive? (Don't quote me on that as I can't find the supporting link at the moment,)

Your partial statement in regards to the recent discovery document release cracked me up. (I am reading carefully and taking it very seriously,) but the 'giddiness' line did make me laugh. Only because it is likely true.

I chose purposefully to ignore that last two paragraphs of your post.

Not because I am a coward, but simply because I do not know the law well enough to provide either opinions or input.

Mitchlite, I have to agree with you. Without a body or confession this is going to be a hard case to get a conviction. I hope there is something in the DNA results when they do get back.

Why is CNN saying they are back ?

They show a clip of Jose saying " Preparing for the worse hoping for the best".... am I out of the loop .... again?

All I hear in my head is Cindy saying "I'm where Casey is right now, I know why she's calm... I'm there too " (or something like that)

Sorry if this has been brought up, I asked this before the documents were released and I was always skeptical of the answer I got and now I know why.
When Cindy was on the phone with 911, she says to someone in the background that Caylee was taken and so on. I was told that it was George that she was speaking to. But if you read the affadavits, Goerge says that he came home and found her in the garage crying and that she had already called the sheriffs office. Lee was already in the house listening to the tearful kidnapping account.

So who the heck was Cindy talking to?do we finally have proof of George and Cindy lying for some other reason than to protect their daughter?

MitchLite.

You made many valid points .

(I shoud preface any further response by divulging that I am one of those thatt does firmly believe LE has it in hand already.)

That said, I have also wondered about the prior legal precedence in regards to the veracity of the 'Body Farm' results since it is a 'new' technology when it comes to case law.

OTH, I do believe that I also read today that the hair in the trunk also came back as positive? (Don't quote me on that as I can't find the supporting link at the moment,)

Your partial statement in regards to the recent discovery document release cracked me up. (I am reading carefully and taking it very seriously,) but the 'giddiness' line did make me laugh. Only because it is likely true.

I chose purposefully to ignore that last two paragraphs of your post.

Not because I am a coward, but simply because I do not know the law well enough to provide either opinions or input.

I do recall some news report that the hair from the trunk showed that it came from a deceased victim, but that could be wrong. But lets say it does show that it was hair from Caylee, that it shows she was dead. My mind goes back to who had the child last, and right now that was Cindy.

I don't know the law that well, all I can base my opinions on are what I have seen in court cases myself, and the knowledge that anyone sitting on a jury takes there job very serious. When you actually are placed in that situation, you have the overwhelming feeling of wanting to see hard core evidence. You realize that it could be you sitting there and that makes you want to see hard core evidence even more. A good attorney can argue almost any point on this case, with the evidence that is known to us at this point.

The statement of the friends is funny, were it not for the fact that a child is missing. Her life long friend just about begged the police to go under cover for them. It's clear from the interview that the police officer was telling him that he can't ask him to do that, but he followed up several times with information and procedures on how to visit her in jail

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toomanywomenmissinginbc