Caylee Anthony General Discussion Thread #79

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, guys. I have had a super busy weekend and just can not keep up with this case! I have some questions. I read the last thread in its entirety and could not find the answers. Please excuse me if these have already been answered, I really did try!

1. What's with the "sticky" pants that were in the car, that Cindy washed? I know ALL about her washing them but when did the sticky get added to their description?
Not sticky, stinky.

She said they smelled like the car, ie., human decomp and pepperoni.

well, it appears to me that they know something's really wrong, and according to cindy, although casey had physically left with caylee, cindy and casey were supposedly still speaking via phone & texting, so i think it unlikely cindy thought it was casey who'd been hurt/killed, so she went into autopilot to try to begin protecting her daughter, but still doesn't want to believe what she suspects, and waits to confront casey personally...and then, when she's unable to put the fear of god in casey herself, she threatens casey with the police, but casey isn't biting and says "go ahead, ma..."

thoughts???

IIRC When Cindy called 911 the third time and tried to put her on the phone, Casey said at first "I don't want to talk."

good evening all - must get some sleep tonight. hope this week brings all interested ppl closer to closure.
prayers for Caylee

well, it appears to me that they know something's really wrong, and according to cindy, although casey had physically left with caylee, cindy and casey were supposedly still speaking via phone & texting, so i think it unlikely cindy thought it was casey who'd been hurt/killed, so she went into autopilot to try to begin protecting her daughter, but still doesn't want to believe what she suspects, and waits to confront casey personally...and then, when she's unable to put the fear of god in casey herself, she threatens casey with the police, but casey isn't biting and says "go ahead, ma..."

thoughts???

I have a few thoughts ... First, I don't believe Cindy initially even suspected the smell of death to be that of Caylee. Not until after it hit her that Casey wasn't letting her see Caylee. I think it was like a lightbulb that went off in an instant. I do believe the 911 calls were legitimate, she was bluffing Casey and it got her nowhere.

Second, I also don't believe that Casey and Cindy were talking and texting every day. That is another afterthought of Cindy's, IMO. It was her motherly instinct kicking in to portray to the public of what a great family they are. ALL for show. I've seen this from the beginning. She didn't want to air their dirty laundry out in the public eye.

And lastly, I still don't believe that George called Lee to come over because Cindy was upset. I think it was an emergency family meeting that something was up with Casey. George knew exactly what was wrong with Cindy, it was something to do with the smell of death that lingered on him all the way home from the impound.

They had that car for a couple of days and took the chance of trying to clean it. I don't think they fully expected it to blow into an investigation of this magnitude. Cindy knew exactly what she was doing when she started washing those clothes that were in the car. She was trying to cover up a suspected dead person that Casey may have been carrying around in her car.

If I'm not mistaken, they didn't tell LE about the car after they got to the house and started investigating Caylee's disappearance. I THINK it was discovered by LE when they walked by it. If anyone knows different on this, please let me know.

Not sticky, stinky.

She said they smelled like the car, ie., human decomp and pepperoni.

LOL! Stinky, not sticky. I wondered how that typo happened - a whole word?!? funny. I know all about the smell. :)

I also think that Casey wanted the car to get stolen... she left her purse in the car to try to convince Cindy that someone had stolen her car and purse and they must have run up her (Cindy's) credit card. I'm sure Cindy must have noticed at that point that her cards were being charged and possibly had them cancelled??

I hadn't thought of her leaving Cindy's credit cards in the car w/ a motive. Such a multi-tasker that Casey is!

IIRC When Cindy called 911 the third time and tried to put her on the phone, Casey said at first "I don't want to talk."

I wasn't talking about her not wanting to get on the ohone during the 3rd call - I was talking about when Cindy began rolling that set of dice by making the first call to LE. I'm sure by the time the 3rd call came around, Casey wasn't too happy with her mother...
night

I have a few thoughts ... First, I don't believe Cindy initially even suspected the smell of death to be that of Caylee. Not until after it hit her that Casey wasn't letting her see Caylee. I think it was like a lightbulb that went off in an instant. I do believe the 911 calls were legitimate, she was bluffing Casey and it got her nowhere.

Second, I also don't believe that Casey and Cindy were talking and texting every day. That is another afterthought of Cindy's, IMO. It was her motherly instinct kicking in to portray to the public of what a great family they are. ALL for show. I've seen this from the beginning. She didn't want to air their dirty laundry out in the public eye.

And lastly, I still don't believe that George called Lee to come over because Cindy was upset. I think it was an emergency family meeting that something was up with Casey. George knew exactly what was wrong with Cindy, it was something to do with the smell of death that lingered on him all the way home from the impound.

They had that car for a couple of days and took the chance of trying to clean it. I don't think they fully expected it to blow into an investigation of this magnitude. Cindy knew exactly what she was doing when she started washing those clothes that were in the car. She was trying to cover up a suspected dead person that Casey may have been carrying around in her car.

If I'm not mistaken, they didn't tell LE about the car after they got to the house and started investigating Caylee's disappearance. I THINK it was discovered by LE when they walked by it. If anyone knows different on this, please let me know.

I don't believe that Casey and Cindy had been talking and texting every day either.. In her call to 911 Cindy clearly states that her daughter had been missing and they just found her and that the car smelled like it had a dead body in it... I don't think that Cindy took the "smell" to be that of Caylee's either.

Ok thanks. Wow this thread goes fast. While you are typing, ten more people have posted! LOL. I am trying to tie down the dates myself. Not doubting anyone...just trying to reconcile discrepancies I have read!

It still doesn't make sense to me that she would be worried about washing the pants before finding Casey. Especially if the car smelled like a dead body! What if Casey had died in there? I could wrap my head around her washing them before LE looked at the car though. But this family does alot of strange things so who knows!
Remember everything went down on July 15th the day Cindy placed the (3) 911 calls. Remember what she said about the car.

We haven't heard anything about the time frame between the 911 calls and how Casey was explaining the stink in the car to her parents and Lee. They haven't said a word about that. Surely they were grilling her.

That was my point - why did George call Lee? Was Cindy THAT upset about the car being towed? I highly doubt it. At that point, Casey had not confessed the fake kidnapping story to Lee yet. So, she didn't even know that Caylee was missing yet. I think they got the car and it stunk and they both KNEW what it smelled like.

We haven't heard anything about the time frame between the 911 calls and how Casey was explaining the stink in the car to her parents and Lee. They haven't said a word about that. Surely they were grilling her.

Maybe this is where the PIZZA story came in....

Come on out to the main forum and break up the discussion into separate threads. easier to follow and catch up!

I don't understand why the impound lot had not called LE in regards to the smell..

ITA......*if* the car smelled so bad on the 27th when Casey left it, seems like the tow driver would have noticed when he picked it up the 30th.

WADR - Cindy had known for weeks that Casey wasn't letting her see Caylee - I think many WSers believe that was the way Casey clearly (maybe continually???() got under Cindy's skin/controlled the $$$, and f Cindy didn't suspect there was potentially something wrong with Caylee as soon as she smelled death in that car, then how do you explain the fact that it was during the initial call to LE that Cindy began saying she'd given Casey 30 days, etc, presumably speaking about Caylee....Do you really think she bellieved someone else had died in that car?

That was my point - why did George call Lee? Was Cindy THAT upset about the car being towed? I highly doubt it. At that point, Casey had not confessed the fake kidnapping story to Lee yet. So, she didn't even know that Caylee was missing yet. I think they got the car and it stunk and they both KNEW what it smelled like.

Yes, that's exactly the way it appears. They knew what it was and Casey wasn't talking. Who better to get her to talk than Lee... THAT's why they called him... at least that's what I think anyway. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Moonfire