Caylee Anthony General Discussion Thread #79

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
well, couldn't she have done it & then walked a bit, if she had to, to get where she could then be picked up without any questions asked? supposedly there are a ton of water possibilities extremely close, someone plotted them out ina thread a few days ago...

I'm not saying that isn't possible. But in a busy or populated area, you'd have to worry about being seen, noise, the danger, especially if you did it at night to avoid the previous problems. IF you should get caught in the act, that's very suspicious behavior to explain, especially if your car smelled like death. I don't live in FLA, but I can't see myself in the dark of night, out in the middle of nowhere, or in town for that matter, driving a car into a lake like in the movies, and jumping out into a pack of alligators. What would I tell Tony when I'd left in my car and now needed him to pick me up? So much easier and less suspicious to just park in a public lot, call the bf with a plausible story and walk away. A car that's stolen and stripped or sold for parts and that some other bad people have had -- no chain of evidence to you any longer. I think I'm just a more boring car disposer than you!

All I can say is I hope the GP's did not do the wrong things for the wrong reasons before thinking about the trouble they could get into. Because their life is going to be hell from now on without OJ and tampering charges. You get to the age they are and I am and it shouldn't be this way for them. I hope they hang on to every penny they have and don't bail Casey out. Casey will drag them down with her and so far they are letting her. She's not worth it.

Agreed. I hope they will open their eyes to this. Being involved with Casey at this point is like being in the path of an F5 tornado. You're going to lose everything around you if you aren't careful.

Hey suzi, if you remember this, there is a video from early on where Cindy is saying that she and George initially BOTH thought the car smelled like a dead body. I have no idea where that is though.

It's crazy that they both were in that car, both admit it smelled like death, and they went into cleaning mode before doing anything else.

well, it appears to me that they know something's really wrong, and according to cindy, although casey had physically left with caylee, cindy and casey were supposedly still speaking via phone & texting, so i think it unlikely cindy thought it was casey who'd been hurt/killed, so she went into autopilot to try to begin protecting her daughter, but still doesn't want to believe what she suspects, and waits to confront casey personally...and then, when she's unable to put the fear of god in casey herself, she threatens casey with the police, but casey isn't biting and says "go ahead, ma..."

thoughts???

The root of her bad lies is that for some reason she believed that the police were like her mom and dad... easily snowed.

Did she not think that they would actually investigate her story?

I guess it is an indicator that that strategy had worked for her before. Her dad and one of her former boyfriend's were LE so maybe them not challenging her in the past led her to believe cops are easily fooled.

See, I just think mommy & daddy supported her while she was at home. That's why once she moved out, she started stealing - from Amy 2 times. I also think the money for the fake nanny came from Cindy and went straight to Casey's party fund!

I agree. I also that that refusal to give Casey any money and discovery of a theft of money was at the root of the flurry of phone calls.

I'm not saying that isn't possible. But in a busy or populated area, you'd have to worry about being seen, noise, the danger, especially if you did it at night to avoid the previous problems. IF you should get caught in the act, that's very suspicious behavior to explain, especially if your car smelled like death. I don't live in FLA, but I can't see myself in the dark of night, out in the middle of nowhere, or in town for that matter, driving a car into a lake like in the movies, and jumping out into a pack of alligators. What would I tell Tony when I'd left in my car and now needed him to pick me up? So much easier and less suspicious to just park in a public lot, call the bf with a plausible story and walk away. A car that's stolen and stripped or sold for parts and that some other bad people have had -- no chain of evidence to you any longer. I think I'm just a more boring car disposer than you!
i think it comes down to her being young also and probably never known anyon e really get rid of a car. her experience is tv and thats what happens on tv. u leave it with the keys in it and someone takes it

:biglaugh:

Please come and check out Windy's new threads.

But why did she drive it in the first place and how long had it been sitting and where?

That's the whole thing, did the smell get worse after the 18th? But if you go by Georges story that it didn't smell on the 24th, then the body was moved after that stinking up the trunk. The car was dumped on the 27th. So where was Caylee between 6-16 and 6-27. No sighting of her by anyone anywhere. Container, buried, cooler, freezer?

I think it likely she did run out of gas. She stole the gas from her parents just days before. So she was clearly in need of it. She couldn't have lasted too much longer on the 3-4 gallons she stole. She was without a car for a little over a week...so she wouldn't really be able to go back and get it even if she wanted to. I wonder if after she borrowed Amy's car...if she tried going back to Amscot and the car was already towed.

Be interesting to ask George if the car needed gas when he picked it up....

I also think the car smelled ALOT worse after sitting in the sun from 6/27
until 7/15....JMO

no, you're not. I'm distilling iot all down - and I'm still leaning toward casey not knowing what to do yet, so she decides to let it sit there until she figures out and can go back for it herself, but it gets towed before she can figure it out. i've seen a lot of theories on the dogs hitting on the yard and the trunk including thoughts that casey placed caylee somewhere initially and then, after figuring out what she wanted to do, moving her, so i'm thinking she intended to do the same thing with the car but she finally ran out of time...:confused:

I also think that Casey wanted the car to get stolen... she left her purse in the car to try to convince Cindy that someone had stolen her car and purse and they must have run up her (Cindy's) credit card. I'm sure Cindy must have noticed at that point that her cards were being charged and possibly had them cancelled??

And what signifigance is the hair? hair can be anywhere!

I think hair is very different when it comes off a corpse. I remember from the Maddy case hearing experts say that large chunks of hair come off that often have scalp attached as the body is decomposing (sorry so graphic).

Be interesting to ask George if the car needed gas when he picked it up....

I also think the car smelled ALOT worse after sitting in the sun from 6/27
until 7/15....JMO

I don't understand why the impound lot had not called LE in regards to the smell..

Okay, guys. I have had a super busy weekend and just can not keep up with this case! I have some questions. I read the last thread in its entirety and could not find the answers. Please excuse me if these have already been answered, I really did try!

1. What's with the "sticky" pants that were in the car, that Cindy washed? I know ALL about her washing them but when did the sticky get added to their description?

2. I saw you guys discussing the supposed "inconsistent" hits by the dogs and the possibility it was because dirt had been moved around. Please elaborate...

3. If George picked up the car, why did he ask Lee to come over cause Cindy was upset? What was she THAT upset about at that point? The smell of the car? Cause in the 1st 2 911 calls, she seemed ok - not happy but not upset. It was the 3rd call when she had found out about Caylee missing. Thoughts?

TIA!

1. I think sticky was a typo by someone along the way
2. I am of the opinion when Cindy and George put down concrete pavers on july 4th weekend they moved dirt in the back yard to level for the pavers changing the original makeup decomp and moving it around a bit. So not inconsistent just not as contained in the original areas as it was 6/16-6/20 or whenever it got there. It was not sinister just doing yard work. IMO they couldn't smell it, but the dogs could.
3. George called Lee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members