Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
<<<SNIP>>>

GREAT POST ISSI:
BUT the reason I opened this thread is still written on my first post, and I am still unclear.

Prosecutors said that.....
It is highly unusual that someone is not present to represent the victim in the court appearances of charged suspects.

So I am still not clear...because you are all saying the prosecutor will be there for CAYLEE.

But you are all very beautiful , and I thank you all for all the contributions.

Thanks MamaBear and Songline

Ok.. let me try to rephrase it a bit.

We really don't know what the prosecution has in store for an advocate witness. It's not really our public business to know what they are keeping close to the vest. I fully expect the State to have all kinds of advocacy witnesses, actually... even though that's just my opinion.

And yeah... Mamabear, it DOES look like they all got together and put the lil girl in the woods... but probably not. Figuratively, I suppose... not literally.

It's kinda like the OJ thing way back when where Simpson said he was looking for the real killer... You don't see the Anthonys even pretending to do that. It's shameful. That's the disturbing part.

My ultimate point is that there is "The Law" and that there is the emotional side of this.

It is highly unusual that someone is not present to represent the victim in the court appearances of charged suspects

I take that as the Prosecutors were talking about the ANTS supporting daughter and not grand daughter. They probably feel the same as the rest of us. I feel like the whole family may as well have carried Baby Caylee in the trash bags to the woods and thrown her away.

You don't take it that way?

And yes... agreed... Why aren't the A's stepping up? It's a rhetorical question btw

Maybe great uncle Rick will.

Maybe Casey's former friends and some members of her family will "be there for Caylee" during the trial.

It isn't like Casey ever had an especially high regard for her parents anyway. She trashed them for years and, as Rick said, gave them and Caylee up for new friends.

If Casey's parents are sitting right behind Casey, I am not sure she could control herself if her parents dared to cry for Caylee. Casey's responses to her parent's being emotional over Caylee are really intense and strange. Casey looked downright evil the day Cindy cried.

IMO

THANK YOU ALL FOR JUMPING IN HERE :blowkiss:
I do not know exactly what the laws are; nor what exactly I really want to see: but I do want someone there FOR CAYLEE and not for any of the other Anthony's.

I do know the state is going after the person who killed Caylee;
I appreciate all of you who are helping me understand exactly where I am going with this.
I DO KNOW THIS:
the Prosecutors said that it is highly unusual that someone is not present to represent the victim in the court appearances of charged suspects.THAT MEANS TO ME: that even the prosecutes feel that CAYLEE should be represented.
I too would be in the cour room if Idid not live in NYC. but I did not mean well wishers.
I do mean someone who will be there in her behalf as a speaker for her rights.
And I still think I mean an attorney.

Songline, I know exactly what you mean. It is something that has bothered me for quite some time. Everyone in this case has at least one person to advocate for them, protect them, speak for them - everyone EXCEPT the victim, Caylee.

Caylee needs someone in the courtroom and in the media to cry out for justice for her, to cry out against the exploitation she is suffering, to cry out that her story and the truth be told, to protect her rights, and to preserve her dignity.

Children are defenseless. Every child victim, alive or deceased, needs and deserves an advocate. Most child victims have at least one member of their family who takes this critical role. We can't let child victims such as Caylee who has noone remain voiceless. We are seeing in this case how, even after death, these children without representation are exploited, their dignity stolen from them. We just can't let this go on.

I have not been able to find anything - yet. I am committed, personally, to keep seeking this voice for Caylee, and then if we can do it for Caylee, we can do it for all children in this situation.

And yes... agreed... Why aren't the A's stepping up? It's a rhetorical question btw

Maybe great uncle Rick will.

Rick went thru my mind also. He doesn't seem to be afraid of any of them. LOL

How would you all feel if the Grunds showed up to sit behind the prosecution in Caylee's name?

Maybe Casey's former friends and some members of her family will do the right thing and "be there for Caylee" during the trial.

It isn't like Casey ever had an especially high regard for her parents anyway. If Casey's parents are sitting right behind Casey she will be able to hear them crying better over some of the not so nice details. It also won't hurt her to know if she turns around she might have to look into Cindy's eyes.

That wouldn't surprise me a bit. From the statements made by various "former friends", and there were quite a few of them floating around out there... I can imagine a few standing up for Caylee, and throwing KC under the bus for being a thief and a liar.

None of KC's "friends" ever said a bad thing about Caylee, as far as what I've read publicly. They either were positive.. or indifferent. (The indifferent comments seemed to be from the guys KC partied with that just didn't care IMO) It's just funny how many people seemed to want to get away from KC after a while... like a bad penny.

Sidenote: We've all known Casey Anthony's in our lives... those people that have a certain charisma that lasts about 15 minutes, and then you want to hit them with a shovel because they took advantage of your good nature. A ride to the bus station/airport... crash on your sofa on a Tuesday because of some kind of drama with a boyfriend/girlfriend... bum 5 bucks for whatever... pounding on your door at 6 in the morning for something stupid you had nothing to do with... tell incredible stories of woe that make no sense.

I don't know about you, but I know KC well... I'm just lucky that the KC's I know never went to jail for allegedly killing a child.

Rick went thru my mind also. He doesn't seem to be afraid of any of them. LOL

Rick, and then CA's parents seem to be the only one's in the family to be outraged in that tribe.

From what I read from the emails between Rick and CA, Rick isn't afraid to "Shoot the hostage"... He will speak his mind and doesn't mince words.

How would you all feel if the Grunds showed up to sit behind the prosecution in Caylee's name?

I wouldn't be opposed to it. They seem like good upstanding people, unless I'm missing something.

I wouldn't be opposed to it. They seem like good upstanding people, unless I'm missing something.
I feel the same way. If anyone decided to show up to "be a presence" for Caylee at trial I think they would be the ones. I also feel that a few of Casey's former girl friends would be a nice addition. The ones that really sat for Caylee for instance.

How would you all feel if Leonard Padilla sat behind the prosecution as a voice for Caylee?

I feel the same way. If anyone decided to show up to "be a presence" for Caylee at trial I think they would be the ones. I also feel that a few of Casey's former girl friends would be a nice addition. The ones that really sat for Caylee for instance.

How would you all feel if Leonard Padilla sat behind the prosecution as a voice for Caylee?

I've tried to make my position on LP clear lol... I love that crazy nut even though i think he's a media wh@#$. Let him sit there! I think it would say a lot to see him sitting there on that side of the pews.

Songline, I know exactly what you mean. It is something that has bothered me for quite some time. Everyone in this case has at least one person to advocate for them, protect them, speak for them - everyone EXCEPT the victim, Caylee.

Caylee needs someone in the courtroom and in the media to cry out for justice for her, to cry out against the exploitation she is suffering, to cry out that her story and the truth be told, to protect her rights, and to preserve her dignity.

Children are defenseless. Every child victim, alive or deceased, needs and deserves an advocate. Most child victims have at least one member of their family who takes this critical role. We can't let child victims such as Caylee who has noone remain voiceless. We are seeing in this case how, even after death, these children without representation are exploited, their dignity stolen from them. We just can't let this go on.

I have not been able to find anything - yet. I am committed, personally, to keep seeking this voice for Caylee, and then if we can do it for Caylee, we can do it for all children in this situation.
This is exactly what's needed IMO.

I think what Songline is saying is really important. Usually the victim's relatives are screaming for blood - but here, the victim and the defendant have the same relatives, who aren't going out for blood.

If Casey is convicted, the sentencing hearing will be extremely difficult - and what you're talking about songline will be 10x more important IMO. The victim's family is allowed to make "impact statements" talking about how great the victim was, how much they miss the victim, how it affects them everyday- really, really emotional stuff that the jury sees and influences them in what they recommend for the sentence.

What GA said at Caylee's memorial is the type of stuff said at sentencing hearings- so the jury sees the victim as a person who is loved and missed. But here, GA and CA know that whatever they say about Caylee will hurt Casey- I wonder what they would do. Would they not testify for Caylee?? Even if they did, I bet their testimony would be much different here than it would be if the murderer was a stranger - which is sad, b/c it means no one is SOLELY there for Caylee. :(

This is different to most cases.

Casey 'disappeared' with Caylee many days before George and Cindy understood what was unfolding. As there was no immediate find of a body, Casey become an invaluable asset to George and Cindy and she took full advantage of that. In their naivety - or stupidity - I actually believe that they expected Casey to tell them where Caylee was, or that she could help find her in some way.

People are forgetting that George and Cindy haven't lost one 'daughter' - they have lost two. They have loved Casey all her life just as they love Caylee. To reconcile that your daughter could kill her daughter to me is unfathomable. George and Cindy's attempts to support Casey really do go unnoticed and unappreciated by Casey. To me, George and Cindy are trying to cling onto all that they have left, and the unfortunate reality is that is each other, Lee and Casey. I don't think that means they don't support Caylee - I think they're just very emotionally stunted at the moment.

Had a total stranger been the murderer of Caylee, it would of course be very easy for them to want revenge, to inflict suffering and pain and to punish that person. However, we are talking about their very own daughter, so a very different set of issues arises.

One thing in this case that differs from normal, is there will be no one to represent Caylee on the civil side of things. For example, when OJ was acquited, he was then found liable in a wrongful death suit by the victim's families. No one will be suing KC for wrongful death. If by some miracle KC beats these charges, she will be free and clear with no fear of a subsequent civil suit.

In that way, Caylee is missing representation.

It is highly unusual that someone is not present to represent the victim in the court appearances of charged suspects

I take that as the Prosecutors were talking about the ANTS supporting daughter and not grand daughter. They probably feel the same as the rest of us. I feel like the whole family may as well have carried Baby Caylee in the trash bags to the woods and thrown her away.

You don't take it that way?

Maybe they did !!

:balloons::Welcome-12-june::balloons:
Glad to see you jump in here.

Thangs will be better when the trial starts and Caylee will be brought forward. Right now we are watching JB strut his stuff and watching KC sit in total admiration for him and mostly herself. I really doubt if anybody has let KC know what she really will be facing in court. JB probably has been telling her e-thang is ok and they will ride off into the sunset and she thinks she is on top of the world and will be set free.

I have a feeling we will see something different on KC's face when the prosecution gets up in front of her and speaks of the trash bags Caylee was stuffed in and thrown out like everyday garbage while she is out partying. There will be pics of Caylee and pics of the partying. Not gonna be a pretty pic. Maybe even the whole impact will hit all the Ants.

Caylee will win in the end.

The thang I dread is if when the time comes that CA will want to stand and have her "say" in court. I don't want her to have that privilege. Maybe some of ya'll feel like I do--------> I have taken Caylee into my heart and love her as my own. In my dreams---I am the one who takes care of Baby Caylee---I have bad nightmares about Baby Caylee. I feel like her Grandmother turned her back on Baby Caylee. I don't want to "HATE" the Ant family any more. I want them to show "LOVE FOR CAYLEE"-----I wanna see it.

Oh gosh... I missed this earlier. I wholeheartedly agree 100%. KC hasn't gotten her wakeup call yet to the true reality of what's going on. She probably thinks she's gonna get off the hook just because JB told her so. *shudder*

Again... from the emotional standpoint, regardless of legal standpoint. The PEOPLE represent Caylee.

Hey! I posted this on the 'cashin in' thread but thought it may belong over hear as well........

Say for instance, Amy or TonE, or one of KC's past school teachers she may have been close to, or a former co-worker decides to tell their story in a book, BUT dedicates said book to CAYLEE, and all of the other child victoms of crime and DONATE the proceeds to an organization (reputible) such as TES or Center for missing and exploited children.

Remember Ann Rule wrote about T. Bundy, she was sitting near him working at a call in center for something like either a suicide hot line or the like I can't remember it now. I think the book was called the 'stranger beside me' or somthing like that.

Anyway. These folks (KC's 'friends'),were not directly involved in the crime. Here they were, living there lives and in walks Hurricane KC. These folks have been Casey's victoms as well. And I hope that they have the support they need to get through this unthinkable tragedy. They did not ask for it. They will live with it the rest of their lives.

I think that is how it should be done if it's going to be done. (w/ the proceeds)

I hope something good can come out of this horrible situation. Making Caylee the poster child for crimes such as these commited against children. Knowing the in's and out's of various inside stories may help folks better understand how to see the 'red flags', and other signs, that might help prevent another child from becoming a victom.
And at the end of the book, maybe they could print the names of the organizations who help Child victoms of violent crime such as the ones named above and also add the names of some good help centers/organizations for mothers young and old who feel like they might have the feeling and thoughts of hurting their child, a place they can turn to for help and feel safe.

I know one thing, this story has changed my life. Instead of getting the laundry done, I take my girls for a walk, old family conflicts are now being resolved. And I hope to be able to finish my degree in psychology. So that I can get into social work like I had planned before my second daughter was born with autism, so I need to be with her a lot now. I know I'm like way off topic by now. I apologize.

I just wanted to see how ya'll felt about it in that instance. If they do it in the name of Caylee and FOR CAYLEE, while at the same time helping others that will unfortunately have to go through something like this.

I understand that the state is speaking/seaking justice for Caylee. But from what we have all sumised, there is not one person from her FAMILY, that has her back, if you know what I mean? I know this will be different at the trial. (I hope) But what can we do as a cyber society that has adopted this adorable child?

I can work in the evenings mostly after the girls have gone to bed. Whatever I can do to help get the chilren who no longer have a voice. Advocacy. I will look into this. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks ws'ers. You rock!

This is different to most cases.

Casey 'disappeared' with Caylee many days before George and Cindy understood what was unfolding. As there was no immediate find of a body, Casey become an invaluable asset to George and Cindy and she took full advantage of that. In their naivety - or stupidity - I actually believe that they expected Casey to tell them where Caylee was, or that she could help find her in some way.

People are forgetting that George and Cindy haven't lost one 'daughter' - they have lost two. They have loved Casey all her life just as they love Caylee. To reconcile that your daughter could kill her daughter to me is unfathomable. George and Cindy's attempts to support Casey really do go unnoticed and unappreciated by Casey. To me, George and Cindy are trying to cling onto all that they have left, and the unfortunate reality is that is each other, Lee and Casey. I don't think that means they don't support Caylee - I think they're just very emotionally stunted at the moment.

Had a total stranger been the murderer of Caylee, it would of course be very easy for them to want revenge, to inflict suffering and pain and to punish that person. However, we are talking about their very own daughter, so a very different set of issues arises.
I have posted about this many times; They did lose two and are doing their best to help one.
They are not in an easy position and I neither envy or judge them,
BUT - They need to get someone to represent the baby too.
They have to surrender to a higher power called God - I do not say and I never said that they should not stand behind Casey. I realize what a hard position they are in. BUT nobody is asking them to throw Casey under a bus. JUST STAND BEHIND THAT BABY TOO.
It can be done by hiring someone to do it. JMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member