Caylee & JonBenet

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
IMO, if you want something to compare the Ramsey case to, try this one.

http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/notorious_murders/not_guilty/t_cullen_davis/index.html

I was young when this was going on, and I remember being appalled.

As far as Casey's case, IMO, I strongly believe if not for Baez' involvement, Casey would have eventually pled out and probably gotten sentenced to about 20 years, give or take.

With all due respect, the Ramsey case was nothing like the one you cited. In the above-mentioned case, there was a crazed, ex-husband out for revenge.

In the Ramsey case, there was no psychotic man with a gun rambling around shooting people. Just a dead little girl in a basement. In that sense, there is a slight similarity.

I do agree that Casey would have and should have pled to a lesser charge years ago. She might even be out by now if she did.

But the same is true of Patsy R. Who knows, she might even still be alive if she had faced her demons and confessed to what really happened that night.

You are right Solace. The only 'evidence' of an intruder in the Ramsey case is self-created 'evidence.'

The only difference is that, since PR was an adult and Casey is rather a child, PR was smart enough to invent a kidnapper who could not be traced. Casey was stupid and created a name and whole history for her child's kidnapper.

Both used duct-tape to, in my opinion, make it look like a kidnapping for whenever their children were found.

Another key difference is the fact that PR desperately loved JBR to the point of obsession and she felt enmeshed with the poor little girl. The child was her whole life. I still believe it was a horrible accident.

With Casey, her kid was in the way. It seems far less likely that Caylee was killed by accident.

I don't want to change this to a Ramsey thread, but suffice it to say, when you look at all the Ramsey evidence and really understand it, there is no question that this is a "family" killing and I also believe it was an accident and a coverup. :seeya:

With all due respect, the Ramsey case was nothing like the one you cited. In the above-mentioned case, there was a crazed, ex-husband out for revenge.

In the Ramsey case, there was no psychotic man with a gun rambling around shooting people. Just a dead little girl in a basement. In that sense, there is a slight similarity.

I do agree that Casey would have and should have pled to a lesser charge years ago. She might even be out by now if she did.

But the same is true of Patsy R. Who knows, she might even still be alive if she had faced her demons and confessed to what really happened that night.

My comparison was not on the crimes committed, but that both were very wealthy, politically connected, could afford high powered attorneys, and also, IMO because of that, both of these cases remain 'unsolved' to this day.

Lets assume both JBR and Caylee died by accident.

Why cover up ?

Or why such a dramatic cover up ?

JBR could have fallen down the stairs and Caylee could have drowned ?

Why tape and big crazy stories ?

Why cover up ?

JonBenet's injuries were not consistent with falling down the stairs. She had a 8 1/2 crack in her cranium that went from the bridge of her nose all the way to the back of her head. She was thrown, imo and others and it was NOT the intent to kill her, it was rage and an accident.

But I think people will be upset if we continue off topic.

Casey taped to kill, imo.

JonBenet's injuries were not consistent with falling down the stairs. She had a 8 1/2 crack in her cranium that went from the bridge of her nose all the way to the back of her head. She was thrown, imo and others and it was NOT the intent to kill her, it was rage and an accident.

But I think people will be upset if we continue off topic.

Casey taped to kill, imo.

Sorry, thought the subject was Caylee & JonBenet

Sorry, thought the subject was Caylee & JonBenet

It is and you are right. But I think the powers that be may want the JonBenet topic on a different thread - but hey, I could be wrong

If the subject is comparisons between the two cases, go for it.

If we start going into the weeds and talking solely about JBR, don't go for it.

Another difference between Caylee and JonBenet's case, is that with JonBenet's case, you would have to prove whether it was John or Patsy that delivered the head blow, and what role each of them had in covering it up, and who assaulted JBR with the paintbrush since that would also be a charge, etc. In Caylee's case, all the evidence points to one person---Casey.

Another difference between Caylee and JonBenet's case, is that with JonBenet's case, you would have to prove whether it was John or Patsy that delivered the head blow, and what role each of them had in covering it up, and who assaulted JBR with the paintbrush since that would also be a charge, etc. In Caylee's case, all the evidence points to one person---Casey.

Exactly. But had they separated them initially, the chances of breaking the case were much higher.

Yuri and John Allen are just fantastic detectives. Yuri on the stand was witness of the year.

It shows you how much a family will lie for another, but I think the Anthony's go above and beyond. George is going to have a breakdown from this before its over. They are going to use him for kiindling. IMO

Why cover up ?

I think Mama Ramsey's fear was of doing 'something' wrong and losing her place in society and being in 'trouble' with her husband.

Mama Casey was worried about being in 'trouble' with her parents and losing her right to party.

Those are the reasons for the cover-ups.

I have no doubt JBR was killed during a fit of rage by her mother. It was an accidental death, but it came out of a hissy-fit brought on by the holiday season and too many diet pills, IMO.

Sweet Caylee might have been killed by accident too. It doesn't look that way, but I sometimes have my doubts.

My comparison was not on the crimes committed, but that both were very wealthy, politically connected, could afford high powered attorneys, and also, IMO because of that, both of these cases remain 'unsolved' to this day.

Thanks for clearing that up :) I didn't get the comparison at first...sorry, I am a little slow :waitasec:

I think Mama Ramsey's fear was of doing 'something' wrong and losing her place in society and being in 'trouble' with her husband.

Mama Casey was worried about being in 'trouble' with her parents and losing her right to party.

Those are the reasons for the cover-ups.

I have no doubt JBR was killed during a fit of rage by her mother. It was an accidental death, but it came out of a hissy-fit brought on by the holiday season and too many diet pills, IMO.

Sweet Caylee might have been killed by accident too. It doesn't look that way, but I sometimes have my doubts.
IMO, it was John who was the killer, in a sex game taken too far...vs. Casey researching chloroform, neck-breaking and such- there was no accident in Caylee's case, it was premeditated.

Hmm, to sum up I think the difference is that a) Casey did not report her daughter missing b) LE found out very early for a fact that the nanny story is a lie and arrested her. To my knowledge it is debatable in the Ramsey case whether the kidnapping/intruder story is a lie. (Plus the defense would have foreign DNA on JBR to show reasonable doubt)

Ugh, but I do not want to get into this anymore. Have a nice spring everyone, on May I will follow the trial very closely because it`s possible, it will certainly be exciting to root for the state and justice for Caylee!

Interesting thread SD! I have been a long-time JB follower, read all the books, and have followed you on WS as well. These cases do remind me of each other (I'm on Team RDI) and always have. Not so much because of the similarities in the details of their crimes, but rather that young innocents both died while last in the care of their mothers, and both were from good homes - where nothing is supposed to go wrong. Especially nothing like the fates that befell these two angels. I see the similarity between families, working together to "thwart" LE and to "spin" public perception. Both families have been and will forever be plagued with the stain of their respective "scandals"................both families must mourn in disgrace.

Welcome to this forum! You have a lot to offer on this case based on what I've seen you do in the JB forums!

I remember hearing, back in 2008, that Casey had searched for crimes involving murdered children online. Does anyone know if she read anything about JBR or if she applied anything from JonBenet's case to Caylee's murder?

IMO, it was John who was the killer, in a sex game taken too far...vs. Casey researching chloroform, neck-breaking and such- there was no accident in Caylee's case, it was premeditated.

No, I could never see John as the killer any more than I could see GA as the killer. There were too many womanly things about the Ramsey case; the ransom note, the staging including a faked (IMO) molestation, wrapping in the blanket, etc.

I think John was as much of an A$$ for looking the other way when he/they realized their loved one was the killer as the As are now.

As I mentioned, the As remind me of John when I see them on TV or as they are being questioned. They are all kind of dazed and hopeless with a certain sadness about them that comes from knowing the terrible truth about their murderous family member.

No, I could never see John as the killer any more than I could see GA as the killer. There were too many womanly things about the Ramsey case; the ransom note, the staging including a faked (IMO) molestation, wrapping in the blanket, etc.

I think John was as much of an A$$ for looking the other way when he/they realized their loved one was the killer as the As are now.

As I mentioned, the As remind me of John when I see them on TV or as they are being questioned. They are all kind of dazed and hopeless with a certain sadness about them that comes from knowing the terrible truth about their murderous family member.
:hand:Oh, don't get me wrong- I definitely believe Patsy was involved and wrote the Ransom note, and the staging and blanket, but I believe John was the actual killer and Patsy was "standing by her man". I believe John had been molesting JonBenet for some time.:twocents:
I don't get dazed and hopeless from the Anthony's...:snooty:

A similarity between the victims - both were beautiful little girls whose lives were caught in 100's of photographs - sadly pictures do lie because I don't think either girl had a particularly happy or normal existence. JonBenet, with her pageants and perfectionist mother. Caylee, with no normal 3 year old activities and a party girl mother. Each lost her life way too soon -

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ebilling
Back