Caylee Marie Anthony - 2 - missing for a month before mother contacts authorities! #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just was thinking that when I was a child (I am 31 now) that it didn't seem to be as much violence then as there is now. I don't remember hearing about people getting murdered, raped and molested as much as I do now. Maybe its because we are a more technology friendly world today but I just think that overall that people aren't as nice, considerate and have lost alot of morals. I am not saying everyone is like this. There is still alot good people in the world (just look at this board!!!!!) But it just seems to me that there is more evil people out there then there ever was,.. JMO

I'm ten years older than you, but I think the situation in our world unfortunately is probably much the same as it was when we were kids and before we were even here, (the "Boy in the Box" is one example). The ability to get the news and share it now is so different. And the stigma in reporting these crimes has also lessened. I had a classmate in third grade in 1976 that was murdered by her parents. She had been showing up for weeks with dark bruises, once her hair was cut but all choppy. She was dead before winter even came. It could have been 2008 with the similarities in some of the stories we read. :(

On Fox news (on TV) they are saying they are gonna look somewhere else?

Could killing your child make you mentally block it out?

Possibly... but more so, killing your child could make you decide to keep the evil deed going by claiming innocence in the child's where-abouts. I get a feeling that this is what we are dealing with, here... the mother knows what happened and is now playing innocent.

They added me as friend. Would I get in trouble saving them and putting them here?

I just was thinking that when I was a child (I am 31 now) that it didn't seem to be as much violence then as there is now. I don't remember hearing about people getting murdered, raped and molested as much as I do now. Maybe its because we are a more technology friendly world today but I just think that overall that people aren't as nice, considerate and have lost alot of morals. I am not saying everyone is like this. There is still alot good people in the world (just look at this board!!!!!) But it just seems to me that there is more evil people out there then there ever was,.. JMO

I believe like you that there is more violence in today's world as opposed to the past. Today with internet we are able to keep up with all of it. My family tells me I need to quite reading the news because I get so upset when something like this happens. I believe Brooke's story really got to me.

i think the grandmother's blog can be read to say that caylee is missing from her life, not that she thinks at that point that caylee is truly a missing person.

even tho she does clearly seem to have concerns about the child's wellbeing at that point, and an argument can be made she should have called police sooner, or at least social services. tough call tho if she really didnt suspect anything "foul" at that point.

I'm inclined to agree with you based on what's been released so far anyway. If the g-parents were involved it doesn't seem that the g-father would have approached the officer as he was leaving to tell him they were concerned something had happened to Caylee and that they believed their daughter was holding back information. (page 4 of the officer's narrative: http://www.wftv.com/download/2008/0717/16907762.pdf)

Something else jumped out at me reading the above document -- on the last page, second paragraph it mentions the grandmother id'd this person as the one who took her daughter to the hospital earlier in the year for a seizure. It makes me wonder just what this was all about? Does she have a history of seizures? Is she a druggie (which would explain the general behavior, attitude, etc) and it was caused by drugs? If appropriate (not tied to an existing medical condition) did they do a brain scan to rule out things like a tumor? Did she really have a seizure?

I agree that this doesn't look at all good and I hope and pray the precious little one is alive and well. I'd much rather they find out mom sold her for drugs than the alternative...

Jessica Lundsford was the one that really did me in...and Brooke's too. Just the pure evilness of it all.

I think the gm knows her daughter is a nut case (at a minimum, a compulsive liar). She seemed more angry than anything on NG last night. If it was me, and my daughter was under arrest and my granddaughter was missing for over a month, I think I'd be alot of emotional than she was. She just came off to me as being very calm and matter of fact about the whole situation. I

Not sure if this has been discussed here but the Grandma was on NG lastnight. I thought the Mom stuck up for Casey....

Yes, there is more violence, if you think in numbers: the world population has increased greatly in such a small amount of time, thus more people in the world, thus more evil at play, thus more violence comes about. Add in the fast world of the internet where so much of life is instantly available: it takes the violence to a new level of reality where it isn't something that happened a while back or far away... it's happening within our eyes reach, thus is feels personal and in our own backyard.

(this was written to someone's question if there is more violence in the world)

Looking at Casey's myspace you can see a different side to Casey than this. She looked so different and happy with Caylee.

Also I wonder why asey's brother is not speaking out. Yea he is in charge of the "myspace" stuff but I just keep thinking if it was my g-baby my son would be standing by his sister until Zac was found?

Jessica Lundsford was the one that really did me in...and Brooke's too. Just the pure evilness of it all.

I think the gm knows her daughter is a nut case (at a minimum, a compulsive liar). She seemed more angry than anything on NG last night. If it was me, and my daughter was under arrest and my granddaughter was missing for over a month, I think I'd be alot of emotional than she was. She just came off to me as being very calm and matter of fact about the whole situation.

I thought she was very poised considering all that is happening. If it were my Granddaughter that was missing & I thought my daughter was with holding info from me she'd better go into hiding.

I thought she was very poised considering all that is happening. If it were my Granddaughter that was missing & I thought my daughter was with holding info from me she'd better go into hiding.

LOl, I know nothing about this case is funny at all but your statement made me chuckle. Reminded me of my mother....go into hiding is right.

I definitely would not be sticking up for Casey and trying to make everyone believe what a help her daughter has been trying to find Casey. And I sure wouldn't be bragging up that myspace page they set up together. And I wouldn't be denying past mental problems when it was obvious there were some.

grandparents are speaking now it said...on fox (on TV)

Their daughter is in jail now on a no bond status, going into hiding isn't an issue. The only way they are going to find out what happened is by someone keeping a channel open with her. If the Mom and Dad still can have some communication, that's best for everyone right now, especially Caylee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
snoopE