Cell Phone Activity Discussion Thread #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well......something superhuman, certainly! :floorlaugh:

It's really amazing--and helpful!--that you have it all at your fingertips like that.

That would be true if their Verizon phones used sim cards, but they don't. Verizon uses CDMA technology, which does not use a sim card. The service would have had to have been transferred by Verizon (that can be done over the phone or taking it into a store). With CDMA it's not as simple as just moving the sim card back and forth.

When I had Verizon, they charged like $30 for that "service". (that was 2 phones ago though, so it could have changed). Anyway, I have maybe 15 numbers on my phone So I just did it manually and skipped the $30.

It was either Bill Stanton or Joe Picerno who said they didn't want to reveal exactly when the phone service had been turned off on Oct 3. This was in the interview with Megyn Kelly that started off with MK stating she had the phone records in hand.

She must have seen it coming to get the granddaddy phone on Sunday,dang she's good

It was either Bill Stanton or Joe Picerno who said they didn't want to reveal exactly when the phone service had been turned off on Oct 3. This was in the interview with Megyn Kelly that started off with MK stating she had the phone records in hand.

I'm not certain that anyone had cell phone records in their hand except what may have been written down or transcribed to the attorney from the feds.

If you look at the first video here:
http://foxnewsinsider.com/2011/11/1...h-bradley’s-phone-the-night-lisa-disappeared/

start right around the 3:14 mark or so, Picerno states "we saw the phone records and the ping records"

Seeing them is one thing, what is credible to me IMO are the actual records or LE commenting on them.

If MK had anything in her hands, it's most likely something drawn up from JI & DBs attorneys

When I had Verizon, they charged like $30 for that "service". (that was 2 phones ago though, so it could have changed). Anyway, I have maybe 15 numbers on my phone So I just did it manually and skipped the $30.

Did they charge anything to transfer service from one phone to another?
This could be a confusing question/answer though.
I can see if you upgraded your phone or bought a new phone direct from Verizon they may not charge you to transfer the service from one phone to a new one. I do however *think* they might charge a fee to transfer service from an old broken phone to a used phone not sold to the customer by them.

Anyone?

I'm not certain that anyone had cell phone records in their hand except what may have been written down or transcribed to the attorney from the feds.

http://foxnewsinsider.com/2011/11/1...h-bradley’s-phone-the-night-lisa-disappeared/

start right around the 3:14 mark or so, Picerno states "we saw the phone records and the ping records"

Seeing them is one thing, what is credible to me IMO are the actual records or LE commenting on them.

If MK had anything in her hands, it's most likely something drawn up from JI & DBs attorneys

Out of all the (limited) information we have on this case, the stuff that I question the most is anything that has to do with these phones. I don't know why, maybe because of how piecemeal we've received the info, what 'sources' the info has come from and the seemingly misdirection that has been happening as far as what is accurate and what isn't. It just feels there is a whole story about these phones that nobody (except LE) knows about.

Yes, Megyn Kelly started her interview off that way, then did not produce.

I can see if you upgraded your phone or bought a new phone direct from Verizon they may not charge you to transfer the service from one phone to a new one. I do however *think* they might charge a fee to transfer service from an old broken phone to a used phone not sold to the customer by them.

Anyone?

I do remember some years ago I was offered that 'fee' (not sure how much though) to transfer the data. My contract had expired, I had reupped with Verizon but Verizon has this promotion that you get something like a 100 credit for a newer phone. I remember thinking the fee was outrageous and said no, I'll do it myself.

I do remember some years ago I was offered that 'fee' (not sure how much though) to transfer the data. My contract had expired, I had reupped with Verizon but Verizon has this promotion that you get something like a 100 credit for a newer phone. I remember thinking the fee was outrageous and said no, I'll do it myself.

My question wasnt about transferring the contact list, it was transferring the phone service from an existing phone to one not purchased from Verizon (a used phone)

So what you are saying is that you upgraded your phone or purchased one from Verizon?

My question wasnt about transferring the contact list, it was transferring the phone service from an existing phone to one not purchased from Verizon (a used phone)

So what you are saying is that you upgraded your phone or purchased one from Verizon?

Sorry I misunderstood. It was all through verizon (both the old and the new one). I purchased the newer phone with verizon (using the credit) and they offered to transfer the contacts. The phone service I guess you can say got transferred when I got the new contract.

I wouldn't be surprised though if they charged a fee to transfer service to a 'non' verizon phone.

I dont think any carrier will help you to transfer anything if you owe them enough to have you service cut or restricted so it would have to be done manually or the 'plain jane' phone may not have been compatible with a transfer.
Do we even know of the 'plain jane' phone is even Verizon? If it isn't and they were going to change carriers or if it was a prepaid cell that just needed minutes, a transfer will not work and will have to be done manually.

Out of all the (limited) information we have on this case, the stuff that I question the most is anything that has to do with these phones. I don't know why, maybe because of how piecemeal we've received the info, what 'sources' the info has come from and the seemingly misdirection that has been happening as far as what is accurate and what isn't. It just feels there is a whole story about these phones that nobody (except LE) knows about.

I have to agree with you. What we have learned about the phones has been so piecemeal. . there was a text at 2:30am, then it was a 50 second call at 8:30, then it was at 11:57 but may not have even gone through. :banghead:

There might be a lot more info than what we know. I have even wondered if LE has actually found the phones but there was nothing to be learned from them by then. Who knows!

No one ever asked if they had a landline. They did at one time. Maybe they still have one. Him being an electrician knows how to hook one up....cheap.

No one ever asked if they had a landline. They did at one time. Maybe they still have one. Him being an electrician knows how to hook one up....cheap.
He might know how to hook them up, but the service has to be turned on by the provider. Hook up does no good without service going to it. The provider has to provide you with a number and the provider controls if that number can get service.

Everyone keeps forgetting she had a working phone. Isn't it possible to get your msgs from a different phone?

Keep in mind, if DB was as sloshed/nervous/scared as she says, she didn't remember there was no service or did she? She sure wasn't going to be w/o a phone and must have had a suspicion service was going to be cut because she got her grandpa's phone..just in the nick of time.

I like the way the attorney informs the media that DB could not have done any of these calls because she was asleep. He just slips that right in there. How the heck does he know that? He doesn't. But he makes it a FACT. He is spinning and deflecting. These Defense Attorneys are masters at the language...of deceit. DB is pretty good herself.

He might know how to hook them up, but the service has to be turned on by the provider. Hook up does no good without service going to it. The provider has to provide you with a number and the provider controls if that number can get service.

Well there are many different types of providers. There is Skype too. As far as the landline, it was listed and he had/has a landline. There's vonage; there's magic jack, etc.

Chances are they had a working landline. He had been in that house for ten years.

Everyone keeps forgetting she had a working phone. Isn't it possible to get your msgs from a different phone?
What phone was working? Everything we have been given says they did NOT have a working phone with exception of the work phone that JI had on him that night.
Well there are many different types of providers. There is Skype too. As far as the landline, it was listed and he had/has a landline. There's vonage; there's magic jack, etc.

Chances are they had a working landline. He had been in that house for ten years.
ALL of the different providers require SERVICE. Skype required service, Vonage requires service, Magic Jack requires service.......

My house is listed as having a landline too. I only have cell service now. It's cheaper to have it that way. We weren't even using the landline so we are now saving $50/mo without one. Most people I know now have done the same thing. Almost all under 30 have cell only anymore. He might have USED to have a landline, but probably got rid of it.

Anyone?

I don't know how it is now. This would have been 2-3 years ago. I had a Verizon phone and service, and wanted a new phone. I bought the phone outright from the Verizon store (I hate those stupid contract things) and kept the verizon service. They wanted to charge me $30 to transfer my phone book from my old phone to my new one. I don't know how they did it, except it was automated.

Sorry, that's all I know :)

Just to throw something else into this mess that I have wondered about a few times. We do know that SB had a working cell phone. I've always wondered why JI didn't call her phone to let DB know when he would be home. Who knows, maybe he did? :waitasec:

I would assume LE has her cell records as well, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx