Cell Phone Activity Discussion Thread #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think Verizon would have switched the service over or done anything for them on Sunday or Monday. I don't think their account all of a sudden went delinquent on Monday afternoon and was disconnected immediately. They were way over due - very doubtful their provider would have said 'oh sure Ms. Bradley, we'll do that for you'.... more like 'Yeah sure, as soon as your account is brought up to date'.

I think her dad was mistaken or confused when he posted that info. MOO

The latest Verizon "info" I can really discuss without calling them and asking questions would be in regards to a family member who had their service.

The phone was past due by about two months, with small payments being made. At that point, they restricted the service and for a month could only receive calls and receive texts. Nothing outgoing worked. This is a 90 day window before the phone was totally deactivated.

The statement about JI calling the night of the 3rd and the call going to the Verizon call center doesnt add up based on the info I just relayed.

Going further into this off of the unvalidated information provided by their attorneys, BS stated 55 seconds into this video "the phones were redlined", calls could be received, but not made.

Why would JI not have been able to get ahold of DB since he was calling from his WORK phone that was functional when she could receive calls?

[ame]http://video.foxnews.com/v/1270739314001/exclusive-cell-phone-records-released-of-irwin-family[/ame]

Where's the smoking gun at here? This is clear evidence that JI's call to DB should have went through to DB, not the Verizon call center!

Meanwhile, 2 minutes into the first video on this page http://foxnewsinsider.com/2011/11/1...h-bradley’s-phone-the-night-lisa-disappeared/ Picerno states "Jeremy tried to contact her early in the evening to tell her that he was gonna be late coming home, uh, it went direct to, uh, the Verizon message stating it was inoperable"

So BS says the phones were redlined the afternoon of October 3rd and could receive incoming calls but could not make calls, JP states JI called DBs phone from work (his work phone) and it went to the call center.

This is the first time I read that JI tried calling DB that night and EARLY in the evening at that. Hmmmm...

I don't think Verizon would have switched the service over or done anything for them on Sunday or Monday. I don't think their account all of a sudden went delinquent on Monday afternoon and was disconnected immediately. They were way over due - very doubtful their provider would have said 'oh sure Ms. Bradley, we'll do that for you'.... more like 'Yeah sure, as soon as your account is brought up to date'.

I think her dad was mistaken or confused when he posted that info. MOO

I don't think so. JMO but until your service is restricted all services are still available. It wouldn't matter if your account was late and they switched you to a different phone. That isn't going to extend your service in any way. They would just simply restrict your service on the new phone, whenever they decided to do that. Until your service is actually restricted, it's, well, unrestricted by definition.

The latest Verizon "info" I can really discuss without calling them and asking questions would be in regards to a family member who had their service.

The phone was past due by about two months, with small payments being made. At that point, they restricted the service and for a month could only receive calls and receive texts. Nothing outgoing worked. This is a 90 day window before the phone was totally deactivated.

The statement about JI calling the night of the 3rd and the call going to the Verizon call center doesnt add up based on the info I just relayed.

Going further into this off of the unvalidated information provided by their attorneys, BS stated 55 seconds into this video "the phones were redlined", calls could be received, but not made.

Why would JI not have been able to get ahold of DB since he was calling from his WORK phone that was functional when she could receive calls?

http://video.foxnews.com/v/1270739314001/exclusive-cell-phone-records-released-of-irwin-family

Where's the smoking gun at here? This is clear evidence that JI's call to DB should have went through to DB, not the Verizon call center!

Meanwhile, 2 minutes into the first video on this page http://foxnewsinsider.com/2011/11/1...h-bradley’s-phone-the-night-lisa-disappeared/ Picerno states "Jeremy tried to contact her early in the evening to tell her that he was gonna be late coming home, uh, it went direct to, uh, the Verizon message stating it was inoperable"

So BS says the phones were redlined the afternoon of October 3rd and could receive incoming calls but could not make calls, JP states JI called DBs phone from work (his work phone) and it went to the call center.

BBM

Yeah, that confused me too. The only way I can see it going to "the Verizon message stating it was inoperable" is if DB had the phone off (but even then, I'm not sure if he would get that message or if it would go directly to vm.) :waitasec:

I thought he gave her a working phone with no service but the speaker worked and hers was broken. I also thought she hadn't transferred service over to the phone yet but was in the process of putting numbers from one phone to the other.

According to DN she transferred service on Sunday to the new phone. Who knows, but that's what he said.

Everyone keeps forgetting she had a working phone. Isn't it possible to get your msgs from a different phone?

Keep in mind, if DB was as sloshed/nervous/scared as she says, she didn't remember there was no service or did she? She sure wasn't going to be w/o a phone and must have had a suspicion service was going to be cut because she got her grandpa's phone..just in the nick of time.

I like the way the attorney informs the media that DB could not have done any of these calls because she was asleep. He just slips that right in there. How the heck does he know that? He doesn't. But he makes it a FACT. He is spinning and deflecting. These Defense Attorneys are masters at the language...of deceit. DB is pretty good herself.

What working phone did she have? Her grandfathers phone was an old unused one and didn't have service at all, unless she transferred her service, but since she owed enough money for long enough that they were being disconnected, I doubt she was able to do that.
What exactly has DB been deceitful about?

What working phone did she have? Her grandfathers phone was an old unused one and didn't have service at all, unless she transferred her service, but since she owed enough money for long enough that they were being disconnected, I doubt she was able to do that.

What was that question? "What exactly has DB been deceitful about?" I respectfully agree to completely say everything!!

According to DB's father, DN, she did transfer service to the new, plain jane phone on Sunday. I don't see why Verizon would not do that since their service hadn't been restricted yet. There were no restrictions on service as of Sunday.

ETA-And there is just something not right about the not being able to contact JI and know when he was coming home. She was on the stoop with SB, who had a working phone, until 10:30. And even up til 11:30, SB was still suppose to be outside talking to SB#2. Idk. . .just seems off to me. MOO and all that.

http://video.foxnews.com/v/1270739314001/exclusive-cell-phone-records-released-of-irwin-family

How do we know that the phones weren't 'restricted' for the 90 days already and just that day went to total disconnect??

Wasn't JI's working cell phone one of the phones that was stolen?

According to DB's father, DN, she did transfer service to the new, plain jane phone on Sunday. I don't see why Verizon would not do that since their service hadn't been restricted yet. There were no restrictions on service as of Sunday.

ETA-And there is just something not right about the not being able to contact JI and know when he was coming home. She was on the stoop with SB, who had a working phone, until 10:30. And even up til 11:30, SB was still suppose to be outside talking to SB#2. Idk. . .just seems off to me. MOO and all that.
But to be restricted, they were already probably late to start with. They give you a grace period between it being late and restricted. They wont give you any new service while you are late. I am sure they were already late on payment on Sunday and said we will be happy to help you when you are current.

If she was outside and her phone was inside, she may not have even known she had a call to answer. If the phone was restricted, it would not have let him leave a message if she missed the call.

But to be restricted, they were already probably late to start with. They give you a grace period between it being late and restricted. They wont give you any new service while you are late. I am sure they were already late on payment on Sunday and said we will be happy to help you when you are current.

If she was outside and her phone was inside, she may not have even known she had a call to answer. If the phone was restricted, it would not have let him leave a message if she missed the call.

But switching handsets is not considered "new" service. It's actually a tech number. I don't think they have your billing account info. I've never done it over the phone for a CDMA phone. When I had Sprint I went into the store. . .and they never even pulled up my account info. . .just did something to the phone.

Idk. . .but maybe I'll have to check with Verizon to be sure. It just seems that unrestricted service means just that. If it hadn't been restricted yet, I'm not sure it would matter, because they weren't adding new service, just transferring handsets.

With my family members restricted service (which just happened a month ago) it went to their voice mail. Incoming calls did not go to the call center.

But switching handsets is not considered "new" service. It's actually a tech number. I don't think they have your billing account info. I've never done it over the phone for a CDMA phone. When I had Sprint I went into the store. . .and they never even pulled up my account info. . .just did something to the phone.

Idk. . .but maybe I'll have to check with Verizon to be sure. It just seems that unrestricted service means just that. If it hadn't been restricted yet, I'm not sure it would matter, because they weren't adding new service, just transferring handsets.
New service or not, they are not going to help you until your bill is current. I didnt mean "new" service, ANY service.

BBM

Yeah, that confused me too. The only way I can see it going to "the Verizon message stating it was inoperable" is if DB had the phone off (but even then, I'm not sure if he would get that message or if it would go directly to vm.) :waitasec:

Can someone leave a VM if your phone is restricted?

With my family members restricted service (which just happened a month ago) it went to their voice mail. Incoming calls did not go to the call center.
Not my family members, it rang 4 times then went to the service unavailable message. This was over Thanksgiving weekend. I *think* they have Verizion.I know he used to, but not sure about currently. He is notorious for not answering, so I usually just leave a message anyway, but I couldn't leave one then.

New service or not, they are not going to help you until your bill is current. I didnt mean "new" service, ANY service.

Well, I just called my local Verizon store and talked to a lovely lady named Jackie. She told me it does not matter if you are behind on your account. You can still switch service from on old phone onto a new one. It doesn't matter, the new hand set will just be restricted when the time comes. Feel free to call your local Verizon store and verify that.

Can someone leave a VM if your phone is restricted?

Idk. I haven't had Verizon, but I think if you can still receive calls, then they could leave a vm. You probably wouldn't be able to retrieve it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx