Cell Phone Activity Timeline as of 11/11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If JI had his phone LE would know from the pings and work video. JI said the phones were stolen and LE did not want him to take a lie detector. That leads me to believe JI did not have his phone.

Where is this information coming from that LE didn't want him to take a poly? I have never heard of such a thing.

We have been told the pings were very close to the Irwin house so that includes DB as a possibility.

Then again I am not sure how I got that info about the pings being really close. If it came from the attorneys, I have to question which ping, what day, what hour were you speaking of.

My money is on DB or JI dialing out.

I agree it doesn't make sense. That's because we don't think like a criminal. We aren't homeless without a phone, a car or the uncertainty of where our next meal will come from. JT walked away from a halfway house, had a warrant out for his arrest, and was breaking into cars and homes and living in them. Do any of those things make sense? One neighbor said he watched JT enter another neighbor's home through a window in daylight. We have no idea what he would do or why he would do it.

True. But I think JT was a just petty thief. He was not that worried about getting caught for breaking and entering because nothing much happens to you. But I think if he were going to kidnap/kill a child then he would be a lot more secretive and cautious. IMO, the person who may have taken the phones was not the same person who took the child. imo

True. But I think JT was a just petty thief. He was not that worried about getting caught for breaking and entering because nothing much happens to you. But I think if he were going to kidnap/kill a child then he would be a lot more secretive and cautious. IMO, the person who may have taken the phones was not the same person who took the child. imo

Well the one thing that is always in the back of my mind about Jersy is that there is a long gap between the time he was let out of jail in NJ and the time he was first picked up in MO for a crime. Where was he and what was he doing during those years? Just what IS he capable of. Do we really know?

MOO

When I lost/had stolen phone somebody did just that. They 1st accessed my voicemail and then went and connected to the net. Never once did they try to call any of my contacts nor did they call any other numbers. But they did access my voicemail.

Was this somebody you knew? or a total stranger? How can they access your voicemail w/o a security code? And why would they want to? It almost sounds like somebody who was spying on you. What a curious thief!

Not trying to claim it all makes sense. Only that I indeed do have an instance where somebody had my phone without my permission and they accessed my voice mail and got on the net.

I can't really make sense of any scenario. There is something in EVERY one I have seen so far that has something in it that just doesn't make any sense at all.

I totally agree. Which is why I am beginning to think that two separate scenarios were played out, simultaneously. I think that someone took the phones perhaps, but it was not the same person who was responsible for the child going missing.

I have been on the fence about DB's guilt or innocence, but if the neighbor is going to say she did not see Baby Lisa after 4;30, then I am very suspicious of the parents. And if something happened and they disposed of her early on, they might have lured someone like Jersey into the home, wanting him to steal something,so they could point their fingers his way. imoo

Well the one thing that is always in the back of my mind about Jersy is that there is a long gap between the time he was let out of jail in NJ and the time he was first picked up in MO for a crime. Where was he and what was he doing during those years? Just what IS he capable of. Do we really know?

MOO

People who commit arson and it's not for money have very serioius problems, imo.

Was this somebody you knew? or a total stranger? How can they access your voicemail w/o a security code? And why would they want to? It almost sounds like somebody who was spying on you. What a curious thief!
Dunno who had it. My phone did not have security code set up so it was easy. None of our phones do. AT&T said it is VERY common for this to happen. They are the ones that looked for that very info when I was calling my phone in.

What's so puzzling to me is if the parents thought Jersey did this (and they can sure make a case for it) why are they not talking? Why not be out there screaming for justice. Why worry about being accused of something they know they didn't do. It is not likely LE would make an arrest on the parents if they didn't have the evidence. So what exactly is DB/JI hiding from?

As a parent who believed this, I think any one of us would be on TV at every chance begging for a perp to be brought to justice. We would begged to be cleared. We would insist on it and take any and every darn test they had. One would not sit meekly behind criminal defense attorneys and not yell out, "Where's my baby?"

I think thieves might call voicemail to see if the owner of the phone has called it and left a message for the thief.

Particularly if the thief knows the owner has a baby missing!

What's so puzzling to me is if the parents thought Jersey did this (and they can sure make a case for it) why are they not talking? Why not be out there screaming for justice. Why worry about being accused of something they know they didn't do. It is not likely LE would make an arrest on the parents if they didn't have the evidence. So what exactly is DB/JI hiding from?

As a parent who believed this, I think any one of us would be on TV at every chance begging for a perp to be brought to justice. We would begged to be cleared. We would insist on it and take any and every darn test they had. One would not sit meekly behind criminal defense attorneys and not yell out, "Where's my baby?"

Exactly. And that is what makes me suspicious of the parents still. If they knew they were innocent themselves, and then there was this new info about the phone calls and these characters at MW's 'flop house'---you would think the parents would have no more problems going to meet with LE, even separate from each other. One would think the parents would be excited to meet with LE since there are these new developments that might prove their innocence and help them find their baby. But they still have the same stubborn attitude, so something is wrong, imo.

Link-
Bradley & Irwin lawyer John Picerno on Megyn Kelly Fox Show. 2 videos on the page. Article highlights:

11:57pm - 50 second call to MW phone number
3:17am - attempt to get into voicemail and use internet
3:22am - attempt to get into voicemail and use internet
Pings were never more than 1/3 of the mile from Irwin residence. It does not give a time when the pings stopped.

The 2:30am phone call was a rumor.

It is also not mentioned whether this was DB's broken cell or the one she received from her grandfather on Oct. 3rd.

Looks to me like DB or JI were trying to see if there were any msgs .It appears only one of the three phones were used to attempt voicemail. I can why LE was so focused on the yard and thought they may have buried their cells. If the person who stole the phones wanted informtion from a voicmail, why not try all three phones? No, this person used the phone that wasn't working...hmmm.

I am assuming only one phone was used to access vm. That leads me to believe that either one of the parents had a phone with them at the time and was checking for msgs...forgetting the phone didn't work.

Did we ever get a firm time when the 911 call was placed?

Where was DB's brother at the time? Did he live with DB at the Lister house? Did he have access to their phone? Did he call them that night or morning?

Last time phone was used - 3:22am. It was within 1/3 mile of residence. It could have come from within the residence. So it was very close and that is why LE was looking for the phones in the yard, etc.

Did a relative or friend dispose of the phones for DB? Was the friend or relative checking to make sure who was calling her and what time they called.

We have Verizon as our service provider. My phone indicates when I have a voicemail and I have to select yes/no to hear it or wait until later. Phone came pre-set with voicemail as number 1 on my speed dial. So all I have to do is hit 1 and "send" and it connects me to vm. I always have to input my password. I didn't want one but it seems to be a requirement for Verizon.

But I just now input *86 and it went to my vm and asked me to input my password. Then it told me I had two old (saved) messages. From there I had many choices ~ one of which was to change my personal options. Thieves might be looking to change the password, etc. But they wouldn't be able to get this far without having the original password first. :waitasec:

So, anyone have a guess about how the thieves would have known that the phones were contracted to Verizon rather than any other provider? :dunno: (If they had first attempted to input another provider's codes ~ would they have shown up on the phone records?)

When I lost/had stolen phone somebody did just that. They 1st accessed my voicemail and then went and connected to the net. Never once did they try to call any of my contacts nor did they call any other numbers. But they did access my voicemail.

I've been trying to read about why someone would call voicemail on a stolen phone and honestly I'm confused. . .:confused:

BUT it sounds like that might be a way to get to and change the PIN.

That's all I got folks.

The midnight call to MW is curious and I am lost with it. They waited for three hours before attempting to check for msgs.?Who ever had Lisa had this phone. The simplest reasoning would be ? had the phone and disposed of Lisa and was checking for msgs of who called during those three hours. This person only had one of the three phones with them.

Looks to me like DB or JI were trying to see if there were any msgs .It appears only one of the three phones were used to attempt voicemail. I can why LE was so focused on the yard and thought they may have buried their cells. If the person who stole the phones wanted informtion from a voicmail, why not try all three phones? No, this person used the phone that wasn't working...hmmm.
otally
I am assuming only one phone was used to access vm. That leads me to believe that either one of the parents had a phone with them at the time and was checking for msgs...forgetting the phone didn't work.

Did we ever get a firm time when the 911 call was placed?

When did JI arrive home? If DB was checking her phone at 3'ish AM She was not totally blacked out! She may have still been a bit drunk but she would have had some recollection of the phone calls!

I can't recall ever hearing a confirmed time of Jeremy's arrival home. He immediately runs to the neighbor's home. Is this Samantha? Did she go back to the Irwin house with him when this happened? I bet she did. I know I would. Was she there when LE arrived?

This is a post from the previous phone thread. It explains why a thief may want to access vm/internet from a stolen phone. Credit goes to Angleena.

I have Verizon phone service. There have been a couple of times when my phone service was suspended because I didn't pay my bill on time. When that happened, my phone service was restricted. I could not make outgoing calls, I couldn't receive calls and I could not access my vmail. Not matter what I tried to do, I would be connected to customer service. I should also add that when I did pay my bill, I did it through my phone in an automated system and used the payment info on file...meaning I didn't have to give a credit card number or bank account number. My phone service was working again within 15 minutes even though I never spoke to a human at customer service. So it is very possible that those phones were back in service if there was payment info on file even if there was no money to pay for the bill. With Verizon, you can also set a post dated payment for up to two weeks and when you do that, the service will be reconnected within 15 minutes even though the payment won't actually be made for 2 weeks.

My current phone is wifi enabled. I can access the internet via public hot spot without having any phone service on my phone. For example, with restricted service, I could still go to the public library and access the internet the same way I would with my laptop. I could access the internet from any place that has public wifi including unsecured networks that people have in their homes.

When people steal cell phones, it's not generally to make money from the phone itself. Hot phones are too easy to trace. They take the phones to access personal information. Attempting to access vmail could be an attempt to hack into the system and gain access to billing information. With Verizon, I can access my billing information either online or through the automated system on my phone.

Also, some people store credit card information on the internet at certain sites they may have book marked....example, paypal. There are other programs that phones have that have easy pay options. Someone who steals a phone is going to attempt to access all these options in order to steal credit card information, banking information, etc. The phone itself is basically useless to the thief.

As far as a phone call going through to MW, there are 3 phones involved. One of them being loaned to DB. We don't know if that loaner phone was active or not. So the phone call to MW and possibly JI leaving a voice mail for DB could very well have been on the loaner phone.

moo

I am not sure how it works, but there is a way to spoof someone's phone number by hacking into their voicemail so that when you make a call from another phone, the charges go to to the number that was hacked and not the number that was actually making the call. Don't ask me how it's done, I've just heard of it being done and heard that it was done by hacking into voicemail as the first step in the process.

[ame="http://websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7342492&postcount=381"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Missing Cell Phones #2[/ame]

I wanted to post this picture again, first because Lisa is such a beautiful baby, and second for our Verizon phone people to have a look at the reflection of DB in the glass and what I believe is some type of droid phone that she is using to take the picture. Can anyone determine what type that might be?

I do not know of any digital cameras that shape or thinness so I really believe that this is DB's phone that was being used to take that picture. And it appears to be a fairly recent picture of Lisa.

ws34af.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member