Cell Phone Activity Timeline as of 11/11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, I can't imagine DB "not caring" if other things were taken. That is not her MO..imo. She said, she doesn't know and doesn't care because she wanted to make sure she appeared to have ONLY lisa's best interest. OR it could be she was told not to mention other items...but DB is a chatterbox and would spill.

So, were there other items missing or not? How did this shotgun story evolve? I had a difficult time imagining he took the cellphones and a baby...now, they want to plant how dangerous this guy is and he took shotguns?? BMAFB!!

I think she truly did not care what else was taken out of that house. Her ONLY concern was that Lisa was taken.
The shotguns and bat are still in the house, they were not taken. (Being in Canada, that freaked me out a lot lol)
Deb's dad told us about her phone cutting out.

I never knew that either so I don't find it surprising that the parents didn't know it.

So either:
1) Both DB and JI knew that the phones without service could still dial 911 (smart, i would say)
2) It is not true, there was no attempt to look for the phones to dial 911 and DB is not telling the truth about that
KWIM?

One of the phones (DB's) was broken, the speaker/mic wasn't functioning correctly. Her grandfather gave her one of his old phones the day before. The service to (presumably) DB's & JI's phone was restricted effective midday October 3. It is assumed, alluded to, rumored that DB was transferring numbers from her broken phone & JI's restricted phone to the phone her grandfather gave her and it is assumed, alluded to, rumored that she would then be moving her sim card over and using that phone.

....and I am going to contend she had a working phone on Oct 3rd.

Wow, so amongst all the other strange things, it just so happens her phones get disconnected that day? Why didn't she mention that in the interview? She said ONE wasn't working. Why didn't she say NONE of them worked?

So, it just so happens that her two other phones were shut off that day and she forgot to mention that to the reporters. Instead, she says one was broken. There are many assumptions and explanations being given to help her out. So which phone was broken?

How convenient the phones were shut off at 3:00pm? Has this been confirmed? What a coincidence! It makes me wonder when she was transferring numbers. I bet it wasn't anytime after 4:30pm. So did the thief use the working phone to call MW? and if so that call is going to be on DB's father's acct...

Did DB's brother know MW? Did he use one of the phones? Or was the number dialed simply a misdial. Did Jeremy or DB ever mention they knew Jersey? Did Samantha know him? Or have his number to do handiwork for her?

we go round and round with this one. But she also yelled to JI to call 911, and he asked well where are the phones?
SO confusing, all of this:banghead:
You can call 911 on non working phones. Federal law has mandated this. all they have to be is charged.

yes, i have read that. Over and over. But the question is, and has been, did DB/ JI know that? Did Verizon tell them earlier that day when they lost their coverage, "oh, but you can call 911". I certainly wouldnt know that. In fact, i bought a landline phone last week to plug in in case of an emergency and if my cell phone was dead. But got no dial tone. Dont have that option in my area unless i subscribe, i just learned. So did they both just KNOW that?

In the U.S., Federal Communications Commission rules require every telephone that can access the network to be able to dial 9-1-1, regardless of any reason that normal service may have been disconnected (including non-payment) (This only applies to states with a Do Not Disconnect policy in place. Those states must provide a "soft" or "warm" dial tone service, details can be found at http://www.fcc.gov/Bureaus/Common_Carrier/Reports/FCC-State_Link/IAD/pntris99.pdf) On wired (land line) phones, this usually is accomplished by a "soft" dial tone, which sounds normal but will allow only emergency calls. Often, an unused and unpublished phone number will be issued to the line so that it will work properly. With regard to mobile phones, the rules require carriers to connect 9-1-1 calls from any mobile phone, regardless of whether that phone is currently active.[29] The same rules for inactive telephones apply in Canada.[30]
When a cellular phone is deactivated, the phone number is often recycled to a new user, or to a new phone for the same user. The deactivated cell phone will still complete a 911 call (if it has battery power) but the 911 operator will see a specialized number indicating the cell phone has been deactivated. It is usually represented with an area code of (911)-*advertiser censored*-xxxx. If the call is disconnected, the 911 operator will not be able to connect to the original caller. Also because the cell phone is no longer activated, the 911 operator is often unable to get Phase II information.[31]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/9-1-1

we go round and round with this one. But she also yelled to JI to call 911, and he asked well where are the phones?
SO confusing, all of this:banghead:

In that second would you remember your phone was disconnected the day before? I know I wouldn't. Not to mention 911 can be called on a phone without service. I agree it's so confusing. And I must say we are all probably confusing it more. We have the same info (or most of us do) and yet it produces totally different opinions. I just hope that they find Lisa safe and sound and I won't care who was right or wrong about Jugaloos or cell phones or anything else in this case.

....and I am going to contend she had a working phone on Oct 3rd.

Wow, so amongst all the other strange things, it just so happens her phones get disconnected that day? Why didn't she mention that in the interview? She said ONE wasn't working. Why didn't she say NONE of them worked?

So, it just so happens that her two other phones were shut off that day and she forgot to mention that to the reporters. Instead, she says one was broken. There are many assumptions and explanations being given to help her out..

How convenient the phones were shut off at 3:00pm? Has this been confirmed? What a coincidence.......

It makes me wonder when she was transferring numbers. I bet it wasn't anytime after 4:30pm. So did the thief use the working phone to call MW? and if so that call is going to be on DB's father's acct...

Did DB's brother know MW?

Why is it always implied that if it wasn't said in the tv interview, it didn't happen? Did they have someone advising them by this time? What if
LE themselves asked her not to divulge certain information.

:waitasec: Now all three phones are dead again?

On Oct 6, Deb said "one phone wasn't working".

ONE phone was BROKEN not working, the one from her grandfather, that she got through her dad, was not connected (they would not have changed her service to it when it was being disconnected that day) she only got it the Sunday of the birthday party. Jeremys did not have service apparently but was not broken.

yes, i have read that. Over and over. But the question is, and has been, did DB/ JI know that? Did Verizon tell them earlier that day when they lost their coverage, "oh, but you can call 911". I certainly wouldnt know that. In fact, i bought a landline phone last week to plug in in case of an emergency and if my cell phone was dead. But got no dial tone. Dont have that option in my area unless i subscribe, i just learned. So did they both just KNOW that?
This does not pertain to landline phones. Landline phones have to be physically connected to service to even work at all. This only pertains to cell phones.

All they had to do was pay the bill BUT I would be surprised if, under the circumstance of a baby being missing, that said phone company wouldn't lift the restrictions so that perhaps the ringing of the phones might be heard.

Agreed, but in the minutes they were frantic and waiting for LE I'm sure they didn't even think of cell phones. Once LE had the info, I have no doubt they tried calling immediately and if they got the 'out of service' no doubt carried on from that point. Absolutely no point in the parents calling from then on.

In the U.S., Federal Communications Commission rules require every telephone that can access the network to be able to dial 9-1-1, regardless of any reason that normal service may have been disconnected (including non-payment) (This only applies to states with a Do Not Disconnect policy in place. Those states must provide a "soft" or "warm" dial tone service, details can be found at http://www.fcc.gov/Bureaus/Common_Carrier/Reports/FCC-State_Link/IAD/pntris99.pdf) On wired (land line) phones, this usually is accomplished by a "soft" dial tone, which sounds normal but will allow only emergency calls. Often, an unused and unpublished phone number will be issued to the line so that it will work properly. With regard to mobile phones, the rules require carriers to connect 9-1-1 calls from any mobile phone, regardless of whether that phone is currently active.[29] The same rules for inactive telephones apply in Canada.[30]
When a cellular phone is deactivated, the phone number is often recycled to a new user, or to a new phone for the same user. The deactivated cell phone will still complete a 911 call (if it has battery power) but the 911 operator will see a specialized number indicating the cell phone has been deactivated. It is usually represented with an area code of (911)-*advertiser censored*-xxxx. If the call is disconnected, the 911 operator will not be able to connect to the original caller. Also because the cell phone is no longer activated, the 911 operator is often unable to get Phase II information.[31]

ok, agreed. I am certainly not going to argue w wikipedia. I agree on the facts as i have recently heard them. I just am not sure this is public knowledge. Maybe i am wrong and everyone on the planet knows about this except for me. Not impossible. Ha, i could actually believe that :)

So either:
1) Both DB and JI knew that the phones without service could still dial 911 (smart, i would say)
2) It is not true, there was no attempt to look for the phones to dial 911 and DB is not telling the truth about that
KWIM?

Sure do Hopeful...

...and to top it off, JI has a phone in his pocket. Electricians always have phones. It's like a cop with a badge, FGS!

I bet we are going to hear he arrived home earlier then around 4:00. I think they are fudging on the time...and the search for the phones.

Thanks for that info. I know here in Canada you can buy a phone and as long as it is charged, you can call 911. I have a friend who bought cheap phones for her kids, just for that reason...with no plan at all on it.

Is this the only source of info when it comes to how many phones actually worked?

Yep, DB said "one of the phones weren't working". Were we supposed to get the status of the phones from someone else?

Couldn't Debbie and Jeremy just release they're own phone records or would LE not want them too? Seems like it would make life easier on them all if they just got the records and even if they couldn't release them to the media couldn't they're lawyer just read off them? I know I can print mine off line if I need them for something, why would it have taken a meeting with the FBI for they attorney to know who they called?

ok, agreed. I am certainly not going to argue w wikipedia. I agree on the facts as i have recently heard them. I just am not sure this is public knowledge. Maybe i am wrong and everyone on the planet knows about this except for me. Not impossible. Ha, i could actually believe that :)
Well when I got my new phone there was a big orange card in it stating this option. I know a lot of people that do and some that do not know this feature. T

Sure do Hopeful...

...and to top it off, JI has a phone in his pocket. Electricians always have phones. It's like a cop with a badge, FGS!

I bet we are going to hear he arrived home earlier then around 4:00. I think they are fudging on the time...and the search for the phones.

Who would be fudging on the time? He is on video at the Starbucks until 3:30ish and this was confirmed by Jim Spellman when he spoke to people there.

I guess I assumed everyone knew that you could dial 911 from a cell phone as long as it was charged. I believe they used to inform you of this when you signed up for cell service. I've known it for 10 years (when I got my first cell phone).

But the number of posters here that have mentioned that they were unaware makes me think that possibly this information needs to be spread. It could save a life.

Couldn't Debbie and Jeremy just release they're own phone records or would LE not want them too? Seems like it would make life easier on them all if they just got the records and even if they couldn't release them to the media couldn't they're lawyer just read off them? I know I can print mine off line if I need them for something, why would it have taken a meeting with the FBI for they attorney to know who they called?

If someone attempted a call on a restricted phone (disconnected service) and the call went to provider message center, their phone records, accessible to them, wouldn't necessarily (and apparently per BS DIDN'T) show it. The FBI have far more detailed info about the what was attempted on the phone that night, including where it pinged. Per the lawyers (and the only reason I believe their entire scenario) it pinged within a 1/3 mile radius. If the lawyer were lying about anything, I would think they would lie about this distance as it puts the phones so close...

Also, their phones just lost service that day. It's like losing electricity, you still flip that light on every time you walk in a room.

We don't know that JI or DB didn't suggest calling their other phones then remembered that the service was restricted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mhmkay..