Cell Phone, Location and Mapping the Route

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, the location C was based on MSM reports saying police had confirmed TB's phone was found there in that business park. Although, even if that's not the exact location, DM and MS were in fact headed west first, the opposite direction of where they both live but, west and then north is the route they'd have to take to the farm in Ayr.

Makes sense.

I also remember an early theory from a sleuther that they ditched TB's phone in Brantford to make it look like the truck was taken to the Reserve to throw a wrench in the LE investigation. It seemed kind of far out at the time and I still think it's out there because it would have been better to destroy the phone completely rather than have it be found -- which makes you zero in on the phone accidentally falling out in that location or they just didn't think of the consequences of LE finding the phone and what information they could extract from it.

I still maintain their choice of route was to avoid populated areas like Brantford, Ayr, Cambridge, Paris and the roads known to have a heavier than average LE presence like Hwy 8 (which implies they are familiar with the area or had someone with them that was).

If they were really intending to head to the farm first ASAP then the better route is north on Copetown Rd (which is what Trinity Road becomes north of Hwy 2) then onto Hwy 8 which would take them through Cambridge and then it's not too far to get to the farm on Roseville road. They didn't take this route for a specific reason. So either they transferred the truck to the trailer *in a place they were familiar with in Brantford* or had some other business there.

You would think the object would be to get the truck out of sight inside the trailer ASAP before someone spots it instead of driving to Brantford with the chance that someone (or cameras) might spot it. This also implies they'd have the trailer waiting unattended on a nearby side road, *with a truck that is equipped to pull it*. I doubt DM would risk leaving his truck and trailer unattended like that so it's instead parked in an industrial area *where they know it would be safe*.

Make sure you guys check out this thread:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=197262"]Guide to Google Maps Sleuthing and Finding Clues! - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Have they ever said who was driving when they left TB's house? If TB was driving and they pulled a gun on him right away and made him drive to where the cell phone was found. Made him get out to switch drivers and it was Tim that was smart enough to drop his cell phone, with no one noticing.

Have they ever said who was driving when they left TB's house? If TB was driving and they pulled a gun on him right away and made him drive to where the cell phone was found. Made him get out to switch drivers and it was Tim that was smart enough to drop his cell phone, with no one noticing.

At the May 10th press conference LE said, in describing the similarities between the two test drives, the taller individual was in the driver's seat, potential victim in the passenger seat and the other male behind.

Watch around the 8:15 mark: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QQvNrsjgBk&list=UUciC-_xkvvgjBrAKjPWGrzQ

When the reporter asked det. @ news briefing about TB truck in downtown btfd they said "no eye witness" so does this mean they have video of truck in Btfd??

I am getting more confused due to MSM reporting one thing and LE the other.

I had an unvalidated source say CR18/Colburne/Garden area was where the "chase" car was videoed, so is that "actually" considered part of Brantford or not?

I'm not at all familiar with that area other than Maps.

On TB's phone drop, even if found at Fen Ridge ct. they could have still used Colborn>Brant ave>Hardy>Oak Park> Fen Ridge ct.

I am getting more confused due to MSM reporting one thing and LE the other.

I had an unvalidated source say CR18/Colburne/Garden area was where the "chase" car was videoed, so is that "actually" considered part of Brantford or not?

I'm not at all familiar with that area other than Maps.

On TB's phone drop, even if found at Fen Ridge ct. they could have still used Colborn>Brant ave>Hardy>Oak Park> Fen Ridge ct.

The intersection you are talking about is located right on the south-east city limit of what is the "City Of Brantford". That general area is also known as Cainsville. It's also not an area that anyone would consider "downtown" Brantford. That is much further west near the Grand River.

The overarching idea sounds plausible but are you saying they used the Yukon to pull the trailer because that's pretty impossible. Maybe I misunderstand and they had the red dodge dually and trailer at Fen Ridge and they left, some in red dodge and or some in Yukon?

We should really stop mentioning Fen Ridge Court as the key location. Yes, the police were seen there the day after the phone was found, and that's where the Spectator placed a phone image on top of a map...but all we know is that the phone was located in an industrial area west of Brantford. IMO, it was most likely found near the end of Powerline Road. That is where most of the searching seemed to have taken place over the next few days.

The map the Spectator used is here:

https://maps.google.ca/maps/ms?msa=0&msid=202334412670743594294.0004dc60717cff2def24d

Notice the comment:

-----------

Phone found near here?

Last Updated by Spec on May 10

Police say Tim Bosma's phone was found "in an industrial area" somewhere in West Brantford. Police are conducting an investigation on Fen Ridge Court, strongly suggesting this is the approximate area the phone was found.

-----------

Yes, it suggests the phone was found there, but only if you were not aware at the time that the Police were also searching several other areas and had already conducted a wide area search the night before !!!

Would those type of trailers not have a winch? That could be used to move vehicles into the trailer.

RyeGuy in the truck thread clarified that the trailer does have a side door allowing someone to exit the truck cab/trailer

I don't think anyone has pointed this out before. The reporter says:

"The search of the area was prompted by the discovery of Mr. Bosmas cell phone near some train tracks in the area"

The video was taken at the end of Powerline road. I'm very familiar with that area as my wife and I frequently use the bike trail. There are railroad tracks 1.5 km down the road, 1/2 way between Oak Park Road and the dead end at the river.

http://www.delhinewsrecord.com/2013/05/10/police-search-brantford-for-clues-in-bosma-case

I don't think anyone has pointed this out before. The reporter says:

"The search of the area was prompted by the discovery of Mr. Bosmas cell phone near some train tracks in the area"

The video was taken at the end of Powerline road. I'm very familiar with that area as my wife and I frequently use the bike trail. There are railroad tracks 1.5 km down the road, 1/2 way between Oak Park Road and the dead end at the river.

http://www.delhinewsrecord.com/2013/05/10/police-search-brantford-for-clues-in-bosma-case

New to me, good find!

What keeps eating at me is, if the cellphone was ditched in an effort to completely hide it, why not throw it in the Grand River...It's right there. It would never have been found. Instead, it was left where it could be found. It was either done by the perpetrators in order to direct LE toward the Brantford area and possibly the Res (As per early speculation) OR alternately, was discarded by TB himself as sort of a trail of bread crumbs. It just doesn't sit right with me that the perpetrators would leave key evidence where it could be so easily located...Not even REALLY dumb perpetrators.

Edit: Or perhaps lost in a scuffle and perpetrators were unaware that it had dropped

What keeps eating at me is, if the cellphone was ditched in an effort to completely hide it, why not throw it in the Grand River...It's right there. It would never have been found. Instead, it was left where it could be found. It was either done by the perpetrators in order to direct LE toward the Brantford area and possibly the Res (As per early speculation) OR alternately, was discarded by TB himself as sort of a trail of bread crumbs. It just doesn't sit right with me that the perpetrators would leave key evidence where it could be so easily located...Not even REALLY dumb perpetrators.

Next to disposing of a body, the perpetrators would also want LE to stop looking for a body. Placing the phone near the river would certainly suggest that the body was placed in the river. It wouldn't take long before people would just assume thats what happened. Search google for

"murder victim grand river" (without quotes) and you'll see what I mean, and take note of the date.

We should really stop mentioning Fen Ridge Court as the key location. Yes, the police were seen there the day after the phone was found, and that's where the Spectator placed a phone image on top of a map...but all we know is that the phone was located in an industrial area west of Brantford. IMO, it was most likely found near the end of Powerline Road. That is where most of the searching seemed to have taken place over the next few days.

The map the Spectator used is here:

https://maps.google.ca/maps/ms?msa=0&msid=202334412670743594294.0004dc60717cff2def24d

Notice the comment:

-----------

Phone found near here?

Last Updated by Spec on May 10

Police say Tim Bosma's phone was found "in an industrial area" somewhere in West Brantford. Police are conducting an investigation on Fen Ridge Court, strongly suggesting this is the approximate area the phone was found.

-----------

Yes, it suggests the phone was found there, but only if you were not aware at the time that the Police were also searching several other areas and had already conducted a wide area search the night before !!!

Cudos on parsing the information. I think you are probably on target. It even makes more sense when considering the possible routes from TB's home to DM's farm in Ayr.

Next to disposing of a body, the perpetrators would also want LE to stop looking for a body. Placing the phone near the river would certainly suggest that the body was placed in the river. It wouldn't take long before people would just assume thats what happened. Search google for

"murder victim grand river" (without quotes) and you'll see what I mean, and take note of the date.

Another good point!. Question though... the phone was found without it's battery, which presumably was found not far from the phone... How far? Would the distance between the phone and the battery have an implication in the case as to how it ended up there? Let's say the phone and the battery were only inches apart... (the person who found it, I think, found both) so it could be close proximity... and possibly the theory could be supported that it fell out of a pocket, or a truck as a door was opened, or as a victim was transferred. However, if the phone and the battery were found meters apart... then that quite possibly suggests a quite different scenario. Catch my drift?

Cudos on parsing the information. I think you are probably on target. It even makes more sense when considering the possible routes from TB's home to DM's farm in Ayr.

Note that the same tracks also cross Oak Park road only 0.5 km from the BGI building where LE set up the command post.

Another good point!. Question though... the phone was found without it's battery, which presumably was found not far from the phone... How far? Would the distance between the phone and the battery have an implication in the case as to how it ended up there? Let's say the phone and the battery were only inches apart... (the person who found it, I think, found both) so it could be close proximity... and possibly the theory could be supported that it fell out of a pocket, or a truck as a door was opened, or as a victim was transferred. However, if the phone and the battery were found meters apart... then that quite possibly suggests a quite different scenario. Catch my drift?

I've never read anything even remotely official about the battery being detached. It's probably just an unsubstantiated rumour.

I've never read anything even remotely official about the battery being detached. It's probably just an unsubstantiated rumour.

Someone had written that a friend in LE (completely unsubstantiated) told him a woman found the phone with the battery out while walking. People picked up on that like wildfire, because it sounds plausible, but after it was realized it was just a rumour, it was deleted from the threads. In other words you're right lanman

Someone had written that a friend in LE (completely unsubstantiated) told him a woman found the phone with the battery out while walking. People picked up on that like wildfire, because it sounds plausible, but after it was realized it was just a rumour, it was deleted from the threads. In other words you're right lanman

Good to know. Thanks for the insight. If the phone was found with the battery, IMO, it is more likely that it was 'accidentally' dropped... as in the opening of a door, or in the transfer of the victim to another vehicle.

This photo was taken approx 180 meters west of the train tracks on Powerline Road.

B821251486Z.1.jpg

http://tasteonline.net/tim-bosma-search-moves-to-brantford/

From my understanding, the phone was found in the business park somewhere near Fenridge Court. The former BGI Graphics building located near Paris, Ontario was then used as a command post.

http://www.brantnews.com/news/brant-opp-assist-hamilton-police-in-search/

I think CTV news was mistaken when they said that this is where the phone was found.

http://kitchener.ctvnews.ca/police-have-made-an-arrest-in-the-tim-bosma-investigation-1.1275797

Did BGI used to be Called Brantford Graphics or Brantford Electronics ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThatMeryl