Charles Ramsey - An Unexpected Hero

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would Ramsey say, "we can't get in that way?" No one was trying to get in, Amanda was trying to get out.

bbm:

Charles Ramsey: Heard screaming, I’m eating my McDonald’s, I come outside, and I see this girl going nuts, trying to get out of the house. So I go on the porch. I got on the porch and she said “Help me get out. I’ve been here a long time.” I figured it was a domestic violence dispute. So I open the door. And we can’t get in that way ‘cause of how the door is, it’s so much that a body can’t fit through; only your hand. So we kicked the bottom. And she comes out with a little girl and she says ‘Call 911. My name is Amanda Berry.

http://www.newsnet5.com/dpp/news/lo...ry-i-thought-that-girl-was-dead#ixzz2Tnhph5vT

bbm:

Charles Ramsey: Heard screaming, I’m eating my McDonald’s, I come outside, and I see this girl going nuts, trying to get out of the house. So I go on the porch. I got on the porch and she said “Help me get out. I’ve been here a long time.” I figured it was a domestic violence dispute. So I open the door. And we can’t get in that way ‘cause of how the door is, it’s so much that a body can’t fit through; only your hand. So we kicked the bottom. And she comes out with a little girl and she says ‘Call 911. My name is Amanda Berry.

http://www.newsnet5.com/dpp/news/lo...ry-i-thought-that-girl-was-dead#ixzz2Tnhph5vT

I am trying very hard to understand as to what you are getting at by posting these quotes. Ramsely later said Angel didn't want to get involved and run away. They are not telling the same story at all, any way I look at it.

There is one story that Marti was first to the house. She then called Angel over to help after trying to get Ramsey's attention and he apparently didn't understand what she was saying.

That's correct. Marti only speaks Spanish and she couldn't communicate to Ramsey so she communicated to Cordero, who ran across the street.

I am trying very hard to understand as to what you are getting at by posting these quotes. Ramsely later said Angel didn't want to get involved and run away. They are not telling the same story at all, any way I look at it.

Angel and Marti's stories stayed the same in each interview. Ramsey keeps changing his story.

And each says the other was not there and did not help. Ramsey's continued and conflicting 'embellishments' have caused him to lose all credibility in my book. I much prefer Cordero's quiet humble approach to hero-hood.
Cordero's seemed more believable in the beginning, but now he also keeps adding to it and also is starting to sound like he making things up too.

I haven't seen any interviews with Cordero in quite a while. So where did you see these inteviews where he is supposedly adding to the story?

That's a good question, considering here is the later interview and he claims that "Dominican" didn't want to get involved.

"When I saw that girl, I don't recognize her, I saw a white girl, [I said] 'What's your problem?'" Ramsey said. "Keep in mind, the Dominican, as I'm saying this, runs back over there behind me. I look across the street and say, 'She needs to get out of here.' He says, 'I'm not getting involved in that.'"
http://abcnews.go.com/US/amanda-ber...rescue-details/story?id=19143927#.UZmNLtjm9EJ

Then why would the Cleveland police bring Cordero to a spanish-speaking reporter and tell her that he also assisted in the rescue??

"Reporter Stephanie Ramirez said Cleveland police brought Cordero to her for an interview, saying he had played a role in the rescue."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/09/angel-cordero-cleveland_n_3246207.html

Obviously the police now know Cordero helped in this rescue after initial interviews with Amanda.

By Ramsey now saying that the Dominican ran back across the street and didn't help is ridiculous.

On YouTube and there is someone on twitter who links to some stories. Some I translated from Spanish. Also search for aurora Marti on YouTube, her daughter translates for her and Cordero.

Then why would the Cleveland police bring Cordero to a spanish-speaking reporter and tell her that he also assisted in the rescue??

"Reporter Stephanie Ramirez said Cleveland police brought Cordero to her for an interview, saying he had played a role in the rescue."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/09/angel-cordero-cleveland_n_3246207.html

Obviously the police now know Cordero helped in this rescue after initial interviews with Amanda.

By Ramsey now saying that the Dominican ran back across the street and didn't help is ridiculous.

Yes I hope both know that what they say can be checked eventually. The different stories are just crazy

I have often wondered if Ramsey has been stating the truth or if others have been wishing they helped to get some reword money. Then it hit me.
It may be today or tomorrow or even for the next couple of years. But at some point I bet Amanda will right a book about all of this or do an interview and we will have our questions answered.
And if in any of these girls ever do wright a book I am so buying it. Not just to read but I would love for them to profit off of this because they deserve it. Never will I buy a book of others trying to profit off of it just the girls.

Can you give some examples of how Cordero's story has changed?

In one interview he gives the impression that he saw Amanda's arm waving and ran over to help. He states he was there first and was the first to help.

In another interview he is standing with Marti and her daughter who say Marti saw her, went over and called Cordero over. Marti had a full conversation with her at the door. And Cordero says yes this is what happened.

In a written interview in Spanish Marti is sitting on her porch when Amanda runs across the road screaming "I'm Amanda Berry"

In one interview he said he used signs to tell her to kick the door at a certain place as he doesn't speak much English.

On Piers show he says that she told him that she had been kidnapped for 10 years and trapped in the house, and that there were other girls there. He says he told her to run with him across the street incase Ariel came back as he would kill them both. Lots of communication in English.

Ramsey said later that he was inside his house but that the door and window were open and that he could see and hear the street. Ramsey claims that "we" means himself and Amanda.

Cordero claims that Ramsey was not around when he kicked the door in and did not appear until Amanda was out of the house.

Cordero also claims that Ramsey did not have McDonald's that morning. And that Amanda told him that there were other girls inside (before they broke her out.)

Ramsey said he was eating a big Mac and that Amanda told the police there were other girls inside and did not mention it before that.

They now seem to be disagreeing on every single detail.

Also Ramsey calls Cordero his "neighbor" but Cordero apparently doesn't live there.

So the story has evolved into two conflicting stories.

In the DC radio interview, Ramsey said what caught his attention when Angel ran across the street was that Puerto Ricans and Dominicans don't like each other so what was Angel doing going to Castro's house.

It was before 6 pm that the commotion began, so Ramsey would not have been eating his Big Mac that morning.

In one interview he gives the impression that he saw Amanda's arm waving and ran over to help. He states he was there first and was the first to help.

In another interview he is standing with Marti and her daughter who say Marti saw her, went over and called Cordero over. Marti had a full conversation with her at the door. And Cordero says yes this is what happened.

In a written interview in Spanish Marti is sitting on her porch when Amanda runs across the road screaming "I'm Amanda Berry"

In one interview he said he used signs to tell her to kick the door at a certain place as he doesn't speak much English.

On Piers show he says that she told him that she had been kidnapped for 10 years and trapped in the house, and that there were other girls there. He says he told her to run with him across the street incase Ariel came back as he would kill them both. Lots of communication in English.

Other than Marti claiming to have a conversation with Amanda at the door of Castro's house, none of the sounds contradictory to me. Even Ramsey has said that Cordero was there first, so there's no problem with that. In the interview I read, Marti was standing in the street when Amanda ran out of the house, Amanda ran toward her shouting, "I'm Amanda Berry."

Cordero apparently does speak some broken English but not enough that he wanted to do interviews without a translator. It's entirely possible that he could have been able to understand what Amanda was telling him while not being able himself to come up with the word for what part of the door he wanted her to work on. I probably would have just pointed to the spot myself.

Is there a link to the interview with Marti claiming she had a conversation with Amanda while Amanda was still locked inside the house? I haven't seen that on TV or in any written media.

Here's what I think might have happened (it doesn't match either story.) it's just how I imagine it may have gone down.

Marti and Ana spotted Amanda waving and screaming and went across the road.
Amanda tells then she is Amanda Berry and has been kidnapped and needs to get out.
They can't open the door so Marti called Ramsey and Cordero.
Cordero arrived first and was trying to pull the door open.
Ramsey arrives and they can't get the door open
Someone decides to kick the door. Who ??.
Amanda come out.
They need to ring the police.
Noone has a phone.
Ramsey goes to his house to get his, and Amanda goes with Marti to get hers.
Ana's phone was on the balcony so fast to get to.
Ramsey's was inside somewhere and he had to find it.
Ramsey then joined the other across the street to wait for the police.
Amanda spoke to Ramsey and stuck with him as he could understand English.

Ramsey's interview was elaborate and entertaining.
Cordero and Marti are feeling put out.
They make up a story that belittles Ramsey's.
Ramsey is annoyed so try's to make them look like they did less..
They then claim he didn't even eat McDonalds that day.
Reporters keep asking them all questions and their accounts are polluted by after the fact information. And they may have felt pushed to say a certain thing
It descends into a cat fight.

Is the reward money on their minds? They could all obviously do with it.

The twitter user SrCal has some you tube links on their twitter. I'm trying to sift brought it to find the video with Martis daughter. It's there somewhere. The person has a lot of links....

In the DC radio interview, Ramsey said what caught his attention when Angel ran across the street was that Puerto Ricans and Dominicans don't like each other so what was Angel doing going to Castro's house.

It was before 6 pm that the commotion began, so Ramsey would not have been eating his Big Mac that morning.

In his very first interview he doesn't mention anything about Cordero running to the house, he says it was Amanda screaming and "going nuts trying to get out of the house" that caught his attention. He doesn't mention Cordero in the first interview at all and takes all the credit for himself.

The problems I see here are that Angel is not his neighbor, he lives somewhere else. Correct?

Ramsey could have been eating a burger any time. Not sure unless they were stalking him that they could claim he didn't eat McDonalds that day. They could claim he didn't have McDonalds with him at the door.

In his very first interview he doesn't mention anytihing about Cordero running to the house, he says it was Amanda screaming and "going nuts trying to get out of the house" that caught his attention. He doesn't mention Cordero in the first interview at all and takes all the credit for himself.

And Cordero says he was the first in his first interview and fails to mention Marti alerting him.

They just all told it from their own perspective.

The twitter user SrCal has some you tube links on their twitter. I'm trying to sift brought it to find the video with Martis daughter. It's there somewhere. The person has a lot of links....

Sorry, I don't twitter, don't even know how, so I can't help find it. It's no big deal, don't spend your time searching on my account. :tyou:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceciliaesquivel2000@yahoo