Charles Ramsey - An Unexpected Hero

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I am not understanding why it matters who did what.. Charles does not want the reward money, he has requested it go to the girls... As for Angel, well is he going to give his reward money to the girls? Or anyone else that decides they helped too? Sorry, I just don't get why it matters..

i am pretty sure, once Amanda is well enough she will identlfy the man or men that helped her escape.

The police spokesman gave Charles a lot of credit and said he would be rewarded. I assume that he said that based on knowledge because he got the information from Amanda Berry, jmo.

The waitress was just on that saved Shasta G. She almost lost her job that night because the manager wouldn't let her use the phone to call cops.

The police spokesman gave Charles a lot of credit and said he would be rewarded. I assume that he said that based on knowledge because he got the information from Amanda Berry, jmo.

So do you believe CR's version about Angel?

I don't understand why one would tell the victim to go across the street and use a cell phone while you are calling on your cellphone.

So do you believe CR's version about Angel?

I don't understand why one would tell the victim to go across the street and use a cell phone while you are calling on your cellphone.

Yes, I do believe Charles. He doesn't hold anything back, he has been honest about his criminal history and failings. I see the other man as an opportunist. I don't think the police spokesman would have given him credit if it wasn't due him.

Somebody dug up his criminal histroy. So I am not sure what that has to do with being honest.

When i saw Charles Ramsey, I knew how he would be treated by some people.

Why was his criminal history dug up? Why? I missed the reason for that somehow.

In watching Mr. Ramsey's follow up interviews it seems like he's having grief at what the girls went through and much anger towards the criminal. The media criticizing his past or who helped first isn't helping him to get over the traumatic event. Anything in his past was years ago and I read that his ex publicly said that she's okay with him now, so it's all over and done with. I hope he and Angel do get the reward or at least part of it, or something positive can happen for them, especially Mr. Ramsey.
I read where his ex said that he owed back child support, so if he does have a chance at a reward, he should probably take at least some of it so he can do right by his childen. And I would guess he Is suffering from his own trauma...nothing compared to the women, but real nontheless. After the shock wore off, he probably started thinking about all of the things that could have gone wrong. Also, I would think he, along with the other neighbors, would feel a lot 'survivor' type guilt from going about their daily lives and sleeping well, while all along, there were people being tortured next door...for over 10 years. I know I would feel awful and would probably want to move.

So, I am not understanding why it matters who did what.. Charles does not want the reward money, he has requested it go to the girls... As for Angel, well is he going to give his reward money to the girls? Or anyone else that decides they helped too? Sorry, I just don't get why it matters..

i am pretty sure, once Amanda is well enough she will identlfy the man or men that helped her escape.

Also I'm not sure why any of them would receive the reward money anyway.

The reward up to $25,000, was for information regarding the disappearance of the girls. These people all did help rescue them, but none of provided any information to the FBI. Which was the purpose of the reward.

They might just give it to them anyway, which would be nice.

In one of the interviews Mr. Ramsey made a claim that when he called 911, operator didn't believe him. Claims operator told him "Stop playing on this line. You ain't got her." The whole 911 call is on tape. Operator never said he didn't believe Mr. Ramsey. Didn't say "Stop playing on this line. You ain't got her" either.
http://www.usatoday.com/media/cinematic/video/2143005

I've never heard a 911 operator tell a caller outright that they don't believe them. I mean, the calls are taped.

I've never heard a 911 operator tell a caller outright that they don't believe them. I mean, the calls are taped.

911 operator didn't tell Mr. Ramsey he didn't believe him, or to stop playing on this line. The whole call is on tape. Transcripts are available.

911 operator didn't tell Mr. Ramsey he didn't believe him, or to stop playing on this line. The whole call is on tape. Transcripts are available.

Read the transcripts. Heard the tapes. Someone on a taped call isn't going to say get off my line playing. Unless they were ready to get fired. Customer service unspoken rule #1. Never say anything on a recorded line.

It's obvious that Charles has trust issues with LE as do many others in low income, urban areas. Therefore, this is how Charles felt. We can't tell him how to feel. He didn't help the situation by telling that long story. No one wants to hear all of that. I had an issue with Amanda's dispatcher.

Feeling something and attributing "Stop playing on this line. You ain't got her" to the operator who said nothing of the sort are NOT the same thing.

Sod anything in the media vilifying Charles. He is a character, sure, but he bloody did his bit no matter that he'd shared ribs with his 'friend'. No damned denigration against him do I wish to see. I'm not referencing anyone on Websleuths, btw. He and Angel did the right thing. So right, neither of them are to be turned into wrong nor against one another. Well not in my eyes and I'd believe not in any of the four girls' eyes either. :furious:

It IS sad that Mr. Ramsey is being vilified, but I can tell you I knew it was going to happen as soon as I saw him.

I asked a question in an earlier post and I hope someone can answer this question for me. WHY was Mr. Ramsey's criminal record dug up? And it was done very quickly. WHY?

It would be so nice if someone would answer that.

It IS sad that Mr. Ramsey is being vilified, but I can tell you I knew it was going to happen as soon as I saw him.

I asked a question in an earlier post and I hope someone can answer this question for me. WHY was Mr. Ramsey's criminal record dug up? And it was done very quickly. WHY?

Because once you are on the news, press is likely to try and find out everything about you.

I don't know but maybe because he told too many lies in interviews so he was thought to have issues, brought suspicion upon himself. I myself have serious trust issues with him just because i have seen and heard the mistruths he is telling. He may need to just fade to the background for a while. His hero status is not believable after all these falsehoods. JMO, MOO

Because once you are on the news, press is likely to try and find out everything about you.

Really? Have they checked the backgrounds of everyone else involved? The other helpers? Other neighbors?

I don't know but maybe because he told too many lies in interviews so he was thought to have issues, brought suspicion upon himself. I myself have serious trust issues with him just because i have seen and heard the mistruths he is telling. He may need to just fade to the background for a while. His hero status is not believable after all these falsehoods. JMO, MOO

What did he say that wasn't true?

I don't know but maybe because he told too many lies in interviews so he was thought to have issues, brought suspicion upon himself. I myself have serious trust issues with him just because i have seen and heard the mistruths he is telling. He may need to just fade to the background for a while. His hero status is not believable after all these falsehoods. JMO, MOO[/QUOTE]

BBM: so he is no longer a hero for helping them escape? I can't see anohter alternative motive to his actions that day...

IMO: This man is going to continue to tell stories as long as the media puts cameras infront of his face.. Just like 95% the the population woud probably do if they wewre in his shoes..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214