Chloroform in the trunk of caseys car

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently, the chlorine even in water can theoretically react with certain cleaning stuff containing triclosan (an anti-bacterial agent, I think) and accidentally create chloroform. Just tossing this out, since we can expect an explanation that it came from a good scrubbing of the trunk.

Ha, If they use this theory looks like Cindy and George will have to admit if they indeed tried to clean the trunk themselves?

Look at the link below. According to this link, chloroform can be made by chlorine interacting with organic matter. So for example, if someone drowned in a pool and the water was still in their lungs/stomach, over time the chlorine could turn into chloroform. So if the person were buried, then the body dug up, put in the trunk and moved, the body could leak chloroform into the trunk.

But would that produce very high levels of chloroform? I would think that it would require more than a few mouthfuls of water swallowed by a child to produce high levels of chloroform. Just guessing though.

Look at the link below. According to this link, chloroform can be made by chlorine interacting with organic matter. So for example, if someone drowned in a pool and the water was still in their lungs/stomach, over time the chlorine could turn into chloroform. So if the person were buried, then the body dug up, put in the trunk and moved, the body could leak chloroform into the trunk.

Look at this link originally provided by gibby207: http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1G1-9405815.html

I think we are talking about higher levels on concentration than that could produce, plus it doesn't explain her googling it?

WESH 2 asked a spokeswoman for Casey Anthony's lawyer about their reaction to the chloroform finding. She referred us to the state attorney's office.

Ahhhh...this is beginning to make sense, is Cindy Anothny going to claim some one stole her identity and logged into her computer??????

But for the chloroform search to be on her computer by someone that stole her identity they would have had to have access to the computer and then wouldn't there have been proof that someone broke into the Anthony home?

Me too. All we know is that it was prior to Casey's first arrest. Was it after Caylee disappeared? - maybe she was looking to see if the chemical could be found in a human body, or was it before Caylee disappeared? - was she looking up how to use it?

EDIT: I see in the blurb above that someone was looking up how to use it. That leads me to believe it was prior to Caylee's disappearance.
No, probably prior to her being reported missing.

Wonder what the dog found? Looks like this is an avalanche of new developments

When I was doing some research getting ideas for my middle school daughter's science project I was shocked with the amount and availability of substances over the internet, stuff you wouldn't think would be available. Of course, anybody can make a Molotov Cocktail, but you know what I mean.

This just keeps getting sicker and sicker.

That thought crossed my mind. I just can't figure out how else she planned to pull of the taking over the house lie with Amy. But then how would she have explained it to Lee?

Stage it as a suicide? Oh they were in such debt and their marriage was so unhappy and they knew I would move out with Caylee and they were so depressed yadda yadda yadda...

Guess "Zanny" broke into the car, planted the chloroform, broke into the house, did the chloroform searches, and then disappeared.
Watch Nancy Grace tonight to hear Cindy explain the above.

AND...then put a different body in the car 'cuz as George said, "It's not my granddaughter in the trunk of the car".

From an Officer and a Gentleman: Anthony family, you can't handle the truth.

So, could it be from someone trying to clean the trunk?

Wiki info:

Inadvertent synthesis of chloroform
The haloform reaction can also occur inadvertently in domestic settings. Sodium hypochlorite solution (chlorine bleach) mixed with common household liquids such as acetone, methyl ethyl ketone, ethanol, or isopropyl alcohol may produce some chloroform, in addition to other compounds such as chloroacetone, or dichloroacetone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toomanywomenmissinginbc