Chloroform in the trunk of caseys car

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that the chloroform could show that Casey worked for a drug lab or possibly thought that she could make her own rolling drug lab. She hasn't held a job for over 2 years and even with the thefts that we know of it was not enough money for her to live the life style that she appeared to have. Working for a drug lab would most definitely not be something that you would want to advertise, thus the job lies.

Chloroform to kidnap or kill someone is so B movie. Since she if she did not work and she was planning to get rid of Caylee and maybe even her parents, she could have thought that cholorform was the way to go and that chloroform would be something that a kidnapper would use. Again B movie, for sure, but someone immature with a lot of time on her hands, a possibility?

I dont think it was used to put her to sleep either... and I have to admit that when this broke earlier this evening, I thought the worst! I was shocked, like everyone else... but nothing has been proven yet. And she is innocent until proven guilty... Yeah, she's got big problems, but like I said earlier, after looking into chloroform as more of a drug use, it could make sense. Clubbing, etc... leads to trouble... Sawgrass Apts. might be that link?? I've heard there is a lot of "chatter" in the Orlando area about Dante and drug connections. And what if the Derrick person was involved. Looks like a lot of her friends are "scattering." Besides we keep getting "fed" little bits of information. They are not telling us everything!! I'm not by any means validating her actions, by ANY MEANS!! She is guilty of something, but I am saying that I am trying to keep an open mind, and hope and pray it was not murder!

I know that I am not the majority here in thinking this way, but there has been a lot of speculation, and a lot of twisting by the media, and we are taking it all in as they give it to us, and nothing makes much sense right now...

BTW, I noticed I used quotes one paragraph too far in my last post. Sorry.

Guess what ? Google has come through again ! I found a guide for making recreational drugs online. I swear I didn't have this before. When I searched chloroform I found it was used to make chloretine. I searched chloretine as a street drug and voila-- 2nd page....
http://www.scribd.com/doc/267889/Recreational-Drugs-Proffessor-Buzzebook

He claims if you must make drugs, he can at least tell you how to do it right.
Chloroform is mentioned multiple times in the manufacturing process.
I agree that if she wanted to kill Caylee, there are easier ways that don't include chloroform which would have to be traceable.
Pre-meditated means planned which also means covering your butt.

http://www.destructve.com/bromicacid/favechem.htm#2

Sorry if this link has already been posted. It says at here that chloroform will decompose if exposed to air and even faster is exposed to sun.
Which says to me that the chloroform would have had to have been in either the trunk or the glove box. Those are the only two places in the car that I can think of that would have gotten almost no sun and don't have a lot of air movement.
A trunk may not get the sun... but it gets the heat!

"May produce carbon monodioxide, carbon dioxide, hydrogen chloride and phosgene when heated to decomposition."

Chloroform would fit perfectly with a kidnap scenario. Casey could say she was knocked out with it or something. Also, to a murderer, it might be a good way to disable someone so that they don't struggle, scratch, etc. while being smothered. There's no way I buy an accident, using it to make Caylee sleep in the trunk, or that anyone else used the chloroform,

Maybe Casey thought this was a nice painless way to do away with Caylee. But again, what sites exactly was she searching for?

It decomposes, but it's not like..... leave for 5 min and come back and say "ZOMG! Where'd all my chloroform go???" Probably would be more appropriate to say it degrades when exposed to sun and air. Most commercial chloroform is "stabilized", meaning other chemicals are added to help it not decompose. So, chloroform exposed to the sun for a while won't become something else entirely. But it may only be like 97% chloroform when you were expecting 100%. It's relatively non-reactive. Most solvents are non-reactive.

Ok, thank you. I have to go off what I get offline. I have absolutely no firsthand knowledge of chloroform. I even failed chemistry, twice.

Hold on, isn't Grandma a nurse? Would she have had a way to bring something like that home?

Not usually, no. Wherever I have worked, everything has been counted. I don't think I have ever seen the stuff in any facility where I have worked.

I don't think it is even used, anymore.

http://www.destructve.com/bromicacid/favechem.htm#2

Sorry if this link has already been posted. It says at here that chloroform will decompose if exposed to air and even faster is exposed to sun.
Which says to me that the chloroform would have had to have been in either the trunk or the glove box. Those are the only two places in the car that I can think of that would have gotten almost no sun and don't have a lot of air movement.
or perhaps they isolated it on a piece of clothing taken from the car (used to deliver it)

I think that the chloroform could show that Casey worked for a drug lab or possibly thought that she could make her own rolling drug lab. She hasn't held a job for over 2 years and even with the thefts that we know of it was not enough money for her to live the life style that she appeared to have. Working for a drug lab would most definitely not be something that you would want to advertise, thus the job lies.

Chloroform to kidnap or kill someone is so B movie. Since she if she did not work and she was planning to get rid of Caylee and maybe even her parents, she could have thought that cholorform was the way to go and that chloroform would be something that a kidnapper would use. Again B movie, for sure, but someone immature with a lot of time on her hands, a possibility?

Maybe Casey had access to it for drug lab reasons (hers or her friends) and decided to also use it on Caylee.

This is killing me here. R-22, can't it be bought at a CAR PARTS STORE?? For AC units in cars?? I have purchased it in the past when my ex worked on my unit.

Yes! Most states allow people to purchase r-22 at auto parts stores. Since

caseys car was older..chances are GA probably used this to re-charge the A/c in the vehicle??? Or did she purchase R-22 herself at target???

perhaps le recovered a rag or cloth in that trash bag thrown to the impound dumpster soaked with chloroform? Thus tying it to the trunk and the computer?

OK Wait what? I missed the broadcast so they are saying chloraform was definately found in casey's car and that she has researched it on the computer???

Yes, and yes.

And, some people on NG are saying, "Well, maybe somebody ELSE used her computer." Sure! And, as Cindy said, "Somebody else put a dead body in her trunk."

Sure! Don't you HATE it when other people put dead bodies in your car? I know I do!

I thought that Dr. Kobilinsky said that Clorox, urine....whatever, would NOT create chloroform?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

About the Chloroform found in Casey's trunk. It has been reported that it could either be just that , Chloroform. Or Chloroform created when something like bleach and cleaning fluid mix. JB will probably argue that it was one or more components come together to create some form of Chloroform?
But the FBI lab being as advanced as it is and the scientists and techs being as educated and experienced as probably any in the world, couldn't they tell if one or more components had been spilled in the trunk and created another compound ? Surely the separate mixtures couldn't so completely combine together by themselves as to be unable to tell if there were more than one originally?
Would appreciate another perspective.

Guess what ? Google has come through again ! I found a guide for making recreational drugs online. I swear I didn't have this before. When I searched chloroform I found it was used to make chloretine. I searched chloretine as a street drug and voila-- 2nd page....
http://www.scribd.com/doc/267889/Recreational-Drugs-Proffessor-Buzzebook

He claims if you must make drugs, he can at least tell you how to do it right.
Chloroform is mentioned multiple times in the manufacturing process.
I agree that if she wanted to kill Caylee, there are easier ways that don't include chloroform which would have to be traceable.
Pre-meditated means planned which also means covering your butt.
Good work! I'm on dial up! Searching as fast as i can...

A trunk may not get the sun... but it gets the heat!

"May produce carbon monodioxide, carbon dioxide, hydrogen chloride and phosgene when heated to decomposition."

Thermal decomposition of chloroform starts at around 340 degrees F.

It's warm in Florida.

But not that warm.

Casey wouldn't have been so horrible that she poured a whole bunch of chloroform in the trunk and put a LIVE Caylee in the back either to kill her or thinking that she would keep inhaling it, hence she would "stay under" longer????? I feel sick :sick:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gisberthanekroot