Chloroform in the trunk of caseys car

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember kids in HS 20 years ago, were using nitrous oxide... Read this... it lists Chloroform...

Inhalants - Teen Drug Abuse

Inhalants are breathable chemical vapors that produce psychoactive (mind-altering) effects.
A variety of products common in the home and
in the workplace contain substances that can
be inhaled.

Many people do not think of these products,
such as spray paints, glues, and cleaning fluids, as drugs because they were never meant to be used to achieve an intoxicating effect. Yet, young children and teens can easily obtain them, and they are the ones that are most likely to abuse these extremely toxic substances.

Volatile Solvents

Industrial or household solvents or solvent-containing products, including paint thinners or removers, degreasers, dry-cleaning fluids, gasoline, and glue

Art or office supply solvents, including correction fluids, felt-tip-marker fluid, and electronic contact cleaners
Aerosols
Household aerosol propellants and associated solvents in items such as spray paints, hair or deodorant sprays, fabric protector sprays, aerosol computer cleaning products, and vegetable oil sprays
Gases
Gases used in household or commercial products, including butane lighters and propane tanks, whipping cream aerosols or dispensers (whippets), and refrigerant gases

Medical anesthetic gases, such as ether, chloroform, halothane, and nitrous oxide ("laughing gas")
Nitrites
Organic nitrites are volatiles that include cyclohexyl, butyl, and amyl nitrites, commonly known as "poppers." Amyl nitrite is still used in certain diagnostic medical procedures. Volatile nitrites are often sold in small brown bottles labeled as "video head cleaner," "room odorizer," "leather cleaner," or "liquid aroma."

Just had to jump in here...chloroform is a common lab solvent. However, it evaporates very quickly. I used to find empty bottles from it carefully stored in flammable cabinets. "Old stock" is pretty unlikely.
Pool water--chloroform is formed as a chlorination byproduct--in parts per million concentration. As an anaesthetic, we'd be talking about %: parts per hundred range.
Could a non-chemist make it? Doubtful, and not in any sort of useful quantity.
Tattoo connection. After reading the scientific article, it was used in the lab as a carrier for ink components. I don't think this can rule out a tattooist using it as a solvent for his inks, but I would think it would burn like crazy.
Chloroform really has no medical function today. The liver damage is too dangerous for patient and doctor. Fairly recently you did see chloroform in cough mixtures at a low percentage in the mix. No longer.
The similar carbon tetrachloride is a much better cleaning solvent, but if you do spill that or chloroform, it doesn't leave a spot as such, just a ring where it carried the compunds it landed on to the outside of the spill.

Someone brought up an interesting question on NG. If Casey wanted to kill Caylee, why Chloroform? There are so many other ways to kill a child. I think that maybe, even though Casey wanted Caylee gone, she didn't want her to suffer like she would if she were smothered or physically injured. Am I wrong to give Casey even that much credit?

I wonder if Casey watched any movies recently in which someone was killed with Chloroform.

She was watching American Psycho, do they use it in that movie?

absolutely that is why they tested for it, your kid is missing, you don't report it, cadaver dogs say there was a body in it, and hey look at this, she has been researching chloroform and how to use it. That phone call to the FBI was made right after that.

And the subpeona was sent to Google next :)

i truly believe there is someone else involved...and a hostage situation or an accident occurred. how could any mother do this to their child? what is she so afraid of? why does she keep saying that "she is telling us the area that she is but she cant be specific out of fear that something bad could happen to caylee?"

I just don't believe anything Casey told anyone.I think she was lying to her friends about getting the house so that they would think she had money.

imo

Me too! She had a fancy "nanny," after all (not a lowly babysitter), a job she thought sounded impressive...so why not a house all her own, too?

Chloroform is a banned chemical, she would have to get it illicitly which may be traceable. It's very unlikely it would have formed in the trunk as a reaction of other chemicals.

Just had to jump in here...chloroform is a common lab solvent. However, it evaporates very quickly. I used to find empty bottles from it carefully stored in flammable cabinets. "Old stock" is pretty unlikely.
Pool water--chloroform is formed as a chlorination byproduct--in parts per million concentration. As an anaesthetic, we'd be talking about %: parts per hundred range.
Could a non-chemist make it? Doubtful, and not in any sort of useful quantity.
Tattoo connection. After reading the scientific article, it was used in the lab as a carrier for ink components. I don't think this can rule out a tattooist using it as a solvent for his inks, but I would think it would burn like crazy.
Chloroform really has no medical function today. The liver damage is too dangerous for patient and doctor. Fairly recently you did see chloroform in cough mixtures at a low percentage in the mix. No longer.
The similar carbon tetrachloride is a much better cleaning solvent, but if you do spill that or chloroform, it doesn't leave a spot as such, just a ring where it carried the compunds it landed on to the outside of the spill.

interesting news item from the past related to this Peculiar Petunia:
http://www.encyclopedia.com/doc/1G1-75460664.html

OMG - I have really been thinking this was an accident. If this chloroform story pans out and she used it on Caylee, she is truly much more evil than I could have imagined. I am so sick to my stomach right now.

:eek: I totally believed it was an accident too up until today. This sick of a mother murdered her precious little Caylee, No doubt.
PREMEDITATED MURDER ALL THE WAY!!!

I wonder what excuse Cindy is going to throw out there for her deceiving daughter now? :furious:

Ok ... I've been doing some thinking and I'm most likely way off base ... but, just speculation & opinion here ... what if this is a faked kidnapping scheme gone bad? Casey has already proven that'd she would do anything for money ... what if the plan was to fake Caylee's kidnapping & have someone keep her. They would then demand a ransom with Casey getting a cut? However, in the process things went horribly wrong.

This still crosses my mind.

her lies are too "good" for them to all be lies. that just doesnt make any sense. what grandmother in her right mind would believe 100% in her daughters story UNLESS she truly thinks/knows the total story. plus baez said that night that casey was arrested again that she does know where the little girl and that the story will come out at the proper time!!!! i just dont get this?

I am quite sure that there is a discernable chemical difference between chloraform that is manufactured by a pharmaceutical company and chloraform that is made at home by combining household products.

I think the FBI can work with the companies who make this and figure out if this was a homemade product that she may have been making for whatever purposes or one that she ordered online. Although for the life of me I can't imagine that you can just order chloraform online, but what do I know...I certainly ain't looking it up now though.

I HATE this woman...and I can't hardly believe that I could feel this way about someone I don't even know. OMG...Poor Caylee, the anthony's didn't deserve her. Lord I hope they find her.

Someone brought up an interesting question on NG. If Casey wanted to kill Caylee, why Chloroform? There are so many other ways to kill a child. I think that maybe, even though Casey wanted Caylee gone, she didn't want her to suffer like she would if she were smothered or physically injured. Am I wrong to give Casey even that much credit?

I wonder if Casey watched any movies recently in which someone was killed with Chloroform.
IMO not wrong to give credit but not correct. IMO if it was Choroform it was becasue it wasn't too messy or hard and was a bit avant garde.

as far as movies- that is the way i am thinking too. I recently watched American Psycho and not 100% certain it was in there...trying to do other searches too. also I tagged on last time but anyone else trying to think about WHAT casey would be searching- what was in her mind to get to chloroform? I think there could be a meth connection but not exploring that primarily.

If this was an accident as some of Nancy's guests are suggesting then how do you explain Casey's actions.

If she truly loved her daughter & was happy to be a mother then why would she be partying 3 days later at Fusion?

Wouldn't she be devastated?

This is nothing short of cold blooded murder - Caylee was a burden to Casey so she made the decision to get rid of her.

Imo

Because in Caseys sick mind she probably thought she was giving her daughter a painless death. Hold a rag over Caylees mouth until she goes to sleep & her heart stops. She is a sick woman who deserves the death penalty if this is true.

Imo

ITA Bring on the charges now!!!!
She should have taken "THE DEAL" All bets are off now Casey!!!!:furious:

Could Cindy and George used the Chloroform to kill the maggots that was in the car from the "pizza"

Maybe they could but's not like everyone has that stuff hanging around. I'd think they'd try bleach or ammonia or some other common household cleaner.

I'm sorry to say it this way, and I hope I don't get banned - but I am exhausted after working at 16 hour day and I have one thought about Casey now: that b****. CHLOROFORM? ARE YOU KIDDING?

The ONLY time I've heard of that type of poisoning is a WELL THOUGHT OUT MURDER. Stabbing, choking, gunshot, etc., can all be done in the heat of the moment - and even if they are 1st degree murder, sometimes, sometimes, the person feels guilt and right after its "oh my god did I do that." But using chloroform - I'm guessing a poisoning death - is one of the most thought-out crimes you could commit.

This isn't your bleach in the bottle, folks. She must have (IF WHAT IM ASSUMING TURNS OUT TO BE TRUE) thought about this for a while, planned, conspired, obtained materials, and f-ing killed her baby with a cold heart.

I've seen some shady, dirty things. But I really am going to throw up. It breaks my heart.

You know what else is disturbing?

If she put this much thought into how she was going to kill Caylee then she most likely thought out how she was going to dispose of the body.

Hopefully she left some trace of that as well ....,,,,,,,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member