Chris Brown to Appear on Larry King

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Here is what happened on the night that lead to his conviction. She didn't touch him, other than to defend herself from his unrelenting attack. Slamming her fists on the dash of the car did not warrant what is described below.

http://www.aolcdn.com/tmz_documents/0825_rihanna_wm.pdf

Interesting take on how the media chooses to portray him. His publicist must have friends at People magazine (see posting dated August 26, 2009).

http://laineygossip.com/Index.aspx?DateTo=8/26/2009&DateFrom=8/19/2009&StartIndex=0

There was one incident where she slapped him (wrong, yes) and he subsequently shoved her into a wall (also wrong). They had a fight in Barbados 3 weeks before the beating he has been convicted of. He smashed out the windows of a car they had borrowed. Clearly, he is the one with anger issues and is solely to blame for the situation he is in. He deserves no sympathy whatsoever.

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20300411,00.html

Drew although you claim not to be defending Chris Brown, to me it sounds like you are instead blaming Rihanna for Brown's temper and behavior.
There's no report that she hit him or provoked him. When you say that, it means that yes, you are defending convicted felon, Chris Brown.
I think Drew's point is a good one in that Rihanna does need to also accept some responsibility to change what she can change. If I had daughters i would want them to understand that they do have the power to keep some of these things from happening to them by steering clear of this element. if it happened once it will happen again and best get out of there before it does. This is not blaming the victim, but rather I am talking about making sure the victim does not remain a victim.
I have never once been hit by a man so i doubt that I would be in the situation that Rihanna finds herself in. if i surround myself with an abuser I am going to get abused. If a woman is duped by a man,imo it should only happen once. Someone mentioned this is the 3rd incident of physical contact? Is that with Rihanna? yikes.
I know I am making broad and sweeping statements and that it is not a simple formula nor does it apply to all.

But generally and overall I think it is good advice to tell all our sisters to control what they can and by that I mean don't make yourself a victim. Don't put yourself in any situation that can potentially have this kind of outcome.

I remember my son got sucker punched at the bar once. While I did feel bad for him, i told him that he has to accept whatever role he played in it, which is that he was in a rowdy bar with a million drunk young people. if he wants to keep himself safe, he needs to know when to move on and stay out of the element where a bar brawl could happen and escalate. I have never been sucker punched in a bar because if things started getting crazy i would be long gone. I have that power.
with all that said, i agree with everyone that CB is a pig of the worst kind.

Does it matter? I mean really-I have heard this in the ether since it happened. What if she hit him? You MIGHT be able to grant him some kind of retaliation I suppose-like pulling over and asking her to get out. But to pummel the s**t out of her, bite her repeatedly and put her in a headlock? The pictures alone tell the story-Brown looked fine. Rhianna, not so much.

He needs to shut the he** up. He needs to keep his head down and his mouth shut because there is nothing he can say that is going to dig him out of this grave. He needs to stop saying he loves her, he cant remember, he doesnt want to talk about it (as he is being interviewed.) He pled guilty-he needs to go away and pay his dues. He needs to grow the heck up.

JMVHO.

believe ~ ITA with your post and i didn't post that to defend him. i was merely stating the facts as i knew them. her hitting him (most likely fairly gently) doesn't give him the right to fight back like he did. i am totally on her side.

Ok I missed the start of the show until the first commercial, so the next part may be out of context.
So far almost half way thru the show, Chris Brown will not get into details of the incident, says it is out of respect for both Rhianna and himself. He is ashamed and disappointed, so far I am disappointed too...this won't help anyone.

I think Drew's point is a good one in that Rihanna does need to also accept some responsibility to change what she can change. If I had daughters i would want them to understand that they do have the power to keep some of these things from happening to them by steering clear of this element. if it happened once it will happen again and best get out of there before it does. This is not blaming the victim, but rather I am talking about making sure the victim does not remain a victim.
I have never once been hit by a man so i doubt that I would be in the situation that Rihanna finds herself in. if i surround myself with an abuser I am going to get abused. If a woman is duped by a man,imo it should only happen once. Someone mentioned this is the 3rd incident of physical contact? Is that with Rihanna? yikes.
I know I am making broad and sweeping statements and that it is not a simple formula nor does it apply to all.

But generally and overall I think it is good advice to tell all our sisters to control what they can and by that I mean don't make yourself a victim. Don't put yourself in any situation that can potentially have this kind of outcome.

I remember my son got sucker punched at the bar once. While I did feel bad for him, i told him that he has to accept whatever role he played in it, which is that he was in a rowdy bar with a million drunk young people. if he wants to keep himself safe, he needs to know when to move on and stay out of the element where a bar brawl could happen and escalate. I have never been sucker punched in a bar because if things started getting crazy i would be long gone. I have that power.
with all that said, i agree with everyone that CB is a pig of the worst kind.

JBean, after reading your post, I get the idea that if someone was hit by a car, you would blame them for being in the way of the car.
No one should be hitting anyone. But, with domestic abuse, what you are saying is that if a woman stays in a relationship, she deserved to be hit over and over again. That's pretty pitiful reasoning.
I think in taking that avenue, you are disregarding the possibility the abusing partner could go into an immediate apology and heartfully promise it will never happen again.
It is to me a mystery why women would stay with men who abuse them. But studies show the women either believe it won't happen again or their own self-worth is so low they begin to believe they deserve that sort of treatment.
Often they are stuck because they truly believe they have no where else to go. And, although that might not excuse them for staying in your eyes, women who accept the abuse are deep into a pattern and need mental health and personality treatment to bring them into changing their self-esteem and leaving the abuser.
I'm sorry your son was sucker punched in a bar, but that example hardly mirrors what goes on in a case of domestic abuse of a couple. He was hit by someone he probably doesn't even know or knows only by chance. He is not in a relationship with that person.
My post is jmo and my long time involvement in volunteering in the scary and terrible world of spousal abuse!

There are reports she hit him. I have to leave for work in 30 mins but I will look for a link.
So again I ask, What about Rihanna hitting Chris Brown? Is that ok?

Explain, since you know so much about the case: Did she hit him in self-defense or was she so tough and mean that her hitting him scared Brown so much he had to beat her bloody in order to protect himself.
Brown is a coward and needs help if he and you believe hitting someone back is okay in principle.

Explain, since you know so much about the case: Did she hit him in self-defense or was she so tough and mean that her hitting him scared Brown so much he had to beat her bloody in order to protect himself.
Brown is a coward and needs help if he and you believe hitting someone back is okay in principle.

Where did I ever say I know so much about the case?
I said there are reports that she hit him first. Someone here provided a link that said that very thing.
I said I read she hit him first.

Chris Brown denied any previous incidents of domestic violence as reported in Barbados and Europe. Described that night as the worst moments of his life. His lawyer said that Brown wanted to plead guilty immediately and address his supporters much sooner than he did. Brown said that he and Rhianna spent time at Diddy's home, to get away, relax and rekindle their friendship and that they ended as friends and that when he was photographed on the jet ski.
Joyce, Chris Brown's mom, said there had never been any incident of her son being violent ever.
Chris Brown said that "I'm not saying I have a problem but I am willing to get counselling".

I don't know about the reports about Rhianna hitting Chris Brown that night.

I remember something about her physically fighting with her brothers and breaking a bottle on one of them..not related to the story of her being hit by Chris Brown, I just remember reading that and wondering how she grew up.

There are reports she hit him. I have to leave for work in 30 mins but I will look for a link.
So again I ask, What about Rihanna hitting Chris Brown? Is that ok?

I, for one do not think that is ok. If she hit him first, no it does not give him the right to hit back, and I don't think you suggested it was.

If she hit him first, and I think this is a possiblity based on the reports, I wish they would both stand up and take accountability, talk about the issue of violence in a relationship and if it stems from what they both experienced in their backgrounds. They could help a lot of people.

If that didn't happen, I wish Chris Brown would have detailed the incident, if she was not a participant at all, he would have been showing more respect in dealing with his own domestic violence rather than staying silent out of what he said was respect for Rhianna.

Chris Brown denied any previous incidents of domestic violence as reported in Barbados and Europe. Described that night as the worst moments of his life. His lawyer said that Brown wanted to plead guilty immediately and address his supporters much sooner than he did. Brown said that he and Rhianna spent time at Diddy's home, to get away, relax and rekindle their friendship and that they ended as friends and that when he was photographed on the jet ski.
Joyce, Chris Brown's mom, said there had never been any incident of her son being violent ever.
Chris Brown said that "I'm not saying I have a problem but I am willing to get counselling".

Thanks so much Brwnigirl for this report on Brown's appearance on LKL.
I didn't see it so I can't comment. Interesting though that he doesn't think he has a problem but still willing to receive counseling. Kind of sad to know he said that.

No problem Az, not sure if I captured it all but anyway...hopefully he engages in counselling where he can be enlightened about whether or not this is a problem. I would have thought that would have started by now. I mean how many months has it been?

ps - I just noticed we spell counselling dif..guess that's the British thing :) lol

No problem Az, not sure if I captured it all but anyway...hopefully he engages in counselling where he can be enlightened about whether or not this is a problem. I would have thought that would have started by now. I mean how many months has it been?

ps - I just noticed we spell counselling dif..guess that's the British thing :) lol

Yes, Brwnigirl, I too noticed our different spellings - are you in England?
I think the counseling he has to attend is classes on domestic abuse and if I remember from his sentensing in court it's for an entire year.
You did a fine job of reporting from the show. I think we'll make you our official Cub Reporter.

My post is jmo and my long time involvement in volunteering in the scary and terrible world of spousal abuse!
I applaud you for your hard volunteer work.It has got to be tough :blowkiss:
Your interpretation of my post is far from what I meant on many levels. But after rereading what I wrote I am not sure how I would explain it to be more clear, so I'll just leave it be.

JBean, after reading your post, I get the idea that if someone was hit by a car, you would blame them for being in the way of the car.

Nothing to do with this story, but as JBean and I are from the traffic capital of the US, it is a fact that in many cases, someone hit by a car is to blame. Many cases in California are dismissed as such.

Thus, besides the crosswlk and green light basics, we should all teach our children that in some cases cars have the right-of-way. Even a 3 year old can understand in all cases, cars are bigger and always win.

CB is wrong and continues to act like an idiot. That said, let's sleuth ....

Ok what are the theories as to what set this all off?

I've heard an STD rumor that seems likely as both parties are very quiet regarding the casue of the incident. (Both have a lot too lose with any STD publicity).

Just my guess.

I heard that she was angry that after reading a text message she didn't like, from his manager, an older female

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sloan3039
Back