Chris Hyndman of Steven and Chris has died

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This seems like a pretty normal request for someone in the public eye who is in mourning. In my opinion it doesn't say anything about the case at all.

Agreed , (thank you) ..... I should have written it different .... because there was a police investigation I thought they may have given some followup information eg:
--- he was not pushed (I think that was obvious from the start)
--- no signs of an accident (no broken railings) (no toppled watering cans or step ladders)
--- so that leaves suicide or sleepwalking

Neither of which are any of our business I suppose , but if it was me , I would want the public to know if it was sleepwalking , and if suicide , I would be reluctant to have it made public.

Two days ago our own community was shocked by the most unexpected suicide , a (seemingly) happy mom , business woman , always had a positive outlook ... I have come to believe some of those up-beat-positive folks can reach an overload and there is nothing left ...

Since none of us Actually know Chris it isn't useful to make assumptions about his emotional state or how he may or may not have hid his emotions or what his life was like behind closed doors. It's not news that some of the funniest and outwardly engaging people are also those that live a private life of depression and turmoil. I'm not saying that's the case but we really don't know what he was like the other 23 hours of his day when not on tv.
Having said that I still maintain that until someone other than his Mother comes forward with this sleepwalking theory I struggle to believe it. However she is the only one that has given us the information that his death was caused by a fall. Before her statement we only knew he was found in an alley.
I am going on the information collected from statements of his closest friends and family. The comments on social media go back for years. Of course, I don't know him personally...but they obviously did.

No matter what happened, it is very sad.

IMO, most times, the image we see of a person in the public is one they wish us to see.
We are not privy to their private life, thoughts, feelings. We don't know a thing about them, only what they allow, and that is not always real
I have never watched any of their shows so I can not say I am any kind of fan.
I did meet both of them as Steven's sister was a long time neighbor

I wouldn't really know what is going on in private in a neighbor or good friends' house
I find the silence unusual considering the huge following I think he had

I think some fans think they know the celeb because they watch them on a regular basis
I personally have never felt that about someone on TV, but have seen it in others
I don't expect to ever know what happened, but I have a lot of friends and aquaintances in common. there are many rumors

I have no doubt in my mind that this was a suicide. If it had been a tragic accident, why no public funeral? The fact that the sendoff for a very public figure is being kept on the down=low speaks volumes. Suicide still has a stigma, and its alive and well in this thread as well. People that don't really know him are simply offended at the suggestion of suicide, despite the fact that evidence points in that direction. Why? I believe it has to do with the fact that people simply don't understand suicide, and the take it as a reflection of themselves. For instance, a loved one kills themselves and the surviving friends and family question themselves; "was he so unhappy with me?" or "could I have been better to him?" and as far as "was I not good enough?". All are tough questions, especially for those already experiencing the grief of loss.

Having lived through the loss of my brother through suicide I honestly believe that it is a very selfish act, but I think it has little to do with the people around the person. In my case my brother was surrounded by loving and caring friends and family and had no enemies or people causing him grief. I am a firm believer that suicide victims simply have a mental defect, lacking that fear of death and natural urge to continue. When life gets difficult they simply open that door and leave.

So what I'm trying to say is that there really is nobody to blame here, not even Chris himself. In fact, the idea that he went off that balcony landing in a public spot rather than sneaking off and doing it in some secluded spot, tells me that he wanted to send a message to the public that he was in pain. I think denying that message would likely be a disservice to Chris.

Sending prayers out to the family and friends of Chris at this heartbreaking time. The crew who worked on the show must be feeling a great loss as well as it's obvious that Chris brought joy to everyone around him with his kindness and contagious humor - the love and light in his heart.

I have no doubt in my mind that this was a suicide. If it had been a tragic accident, why no public funeral? The fact that the sendoff for a very public figure is being kept on the down=low speaks volumes.

I'm not convinced it was a suicide, but I don't believe the sleepwalking theory either. If family and CBC are so anxious to have us believe it was a sleepwalking accident, why not have the coroner's office divulge enough evidence, ie: wearing pajamas, to at least corroborate this theory and be done with it??

Sleepwalking aside, we don't even know for sure that he died as a result of injuries sustained from a fall. We know it's not foul play but there are other ways to die in an alley accidentally that could potentially be embarrassing if made public. If it was something like high-risk sexual behavior or drugs, it could be a good public service opportunity to warn others of the dangers. Anyhow, the story seems to be losing momentum and we may never know for sure.

I'm not convinced it was a suicide, but I don't believe the sleepwalking theory either. If family and CBC are so anxious to have us believe it was a sleepwalking accident, why not have the coroner's office divulge enough evidence, ie: wearing pajamas, to at least corroborate this theory and be done with it??

Sleepwalking aside, we don't even know for sure that he died as a result of injuries sustained from a fall. We know it's not foul play but there are other ways to die in an alley accidentally that could potentially be embarrassing if made public. If it was something like high-risk sexual behavior or drugs, it could be a good public service opportunity to warn others of the dangers. Anyhow, the story seems to be losing momentum and we may never know for sure.

His mother seems to have confirmed that he fell from the balcony. I think you are grasping at straws. And, if his death was a result of drugs or a sexual encounter in the alley, then that would have required LE to look for witness's and suggest foul play (sexual encounter).

Remember, the last thing he tweeted was a picture of the balcony and railing he went over hours later. That's a little more than a coincidence IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

His mother seems to have confirmed that he fell from the balcony. I think you are grasping at straws. And, if his death was a result of drugs or a sexual encounter in the alley, then that would have required LE to look for witness's and suggest foul play (sexual encounter).

Remember, the last thing he tweeted was a picture of the balcony and railing he went over hours later. That's a little more than a coincidence IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If a picture of the balcony was the last image he posted, then it would most definitely fit with the possibility of sleepwalking over the railing. If the balcony was on his mind he could have easily sleep walked to it and of course unfortunately fallen over in his sleep. This would make sense.

I have no doubt in my mind that this was a suicide. If it had been a tragic accident, why no public funeral? The fact that the sendoff for a very public figure is being kept on the down=low speaks volumes.

It may very well have been a suicide but even if it wasn't there are a ton of reasons for bereaved families to choose to have a private funeral. The loved ones of a public figure do not necessarily seek any publicity nor want media or curious onlookers witnessing their most painful moments.

If a picture of the balcony was the last image he posted, then it would most definitely fit with the possibility of sleepwalking over the railing. If the balcony was on his mind he could have easily sleep walked to it and of course unfortunately fallen over in his sleep. This would make sense.

When the sleepwalking theory emerged, it immediately struck me that his body location of 12 or 13 feet from the side of the building looked more like someone who took a "leap" rather than just fell off the edge in his sleep, IF in fact a fall is what killed him. In my mind, the sleepwalking theory seems to be the least probable, for a bunch of reasons, of just about any scenario—fall or otherwise.

I have no doubt in my mind that this was a suicide. If it had been a tragic accident, why no public funeral? The fact that the sendoff for a very public figure is being kept on the down=low speaks volumes. Suicide still has a stigma, and its alive and well in this thread as well. People that don't really know him are simply offended at the suggestion of suicide, despite the fact that evidence points in that direction. Why? I believe it has to do with the fact that people simply don't understand suicide, and the take it as a reflection of themselves. For instance, a loved one kills themselves and the surviving friends and family question themselves; "was he so unhappy with me?" or "could I have been better to him?" and as far as "was I not good enough?". All are tough questions, especially for those already experiencing the grief of loss.

Having lived through the loss of my brother through suicide I honestly believe that it is a very selfish act, but I think it has little to do with the people around the person. In my case my brother was surrounded by loving and caring friends and family and had no enemies or people causing him grief. I am a firm believer that suicide victims simply have a mental defect, lacking that fear of death and natural urge to continue. When life gets difficult they simply open that door and leave.

So what I'm trying to say is that there really is nobody to blame here, not even Chris himself. In fact, the idea that he went off that balcony landing in a public spot rather than sneaking off and doing it in some secluded spot, tells me that he wanted to send a message to the public that he was in pain. I think denying that message would likely be a disservice to Chris.
I am sorry for your loss. I have no idea what you had to cope with, but I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. It is beyond sad.

What if you are mistaken and it wasn't a suicide for Chris? Wouldn't it be an even larger disservice to leave those he gave great hope to with no hope at all if it isn't true?! What if he really was not in any pain? What if he loved his life and this was truly a tragic accident due to a serious condition like sleepwalking?

Personal funeral services vs large public memorials are up to the family. At this time, Steven's wishes are what count and maybe he is not up to it. This man is devastated and broken. He needs his time and space without the public. I can respect it.

Please do NOT present your own personal theory/opinion as fact. FACT is what is contained in MSM and through LE and known players in a case. If you state your theory/opinion, please ensure to express that it is your opinion only (IMO, JMO, MOO, etc).

:tyou:

I tend to agree with you with regards to it being a suicide. I follow Steven and Chris on twitter and they were in the Barbados early in July and I found it odd that they were back there again for the Civic holiday weekend. I just wrote it off to them living a lifestyle of the rich and famous! After hearing of Chris' death and hearing the police wouldn't be bringing forth any more information unless there was some criminal wrongdoing, I automatically wondered if they didn't just go back to Barbados to try and boost his spirits. If he happened to have clinical depression instead of being down in the dumps, I don't think a weekend alone would help very much. It also appears in the pictures that he had dropped a bit of weight. I found the photo of the rooftop terrace eerie as well. I wondered if he wanted his last vision to be of his little paradise. Of course, this is just my opinion because there really aren't many facts.

Suicide is such an unfortunate manner of death because there are so many unanswered questions. I'm hoping that it was something else. I have been watching Steven and later Chris on tv since the 90's and can't believe this has happened. Chris always seemed to be so full of life. My heart goes out to Steven.

Please do NOT present your own personal theory/opinion as fact. FACT is what is contained in MSM and through LE and known players in a case. If you state your theory/opinion, please ensure to express that it is your opinion only (IMO, JMO, MOO, etc).

:tyou:

I haven't posted in the past couple days because I was so annoyed by the "this is what happened" statements that I knew I would end up getting my typing hands slapped!
As I posted before, one of my children was a sleepwalker and we had some scary incidents including him leaving the house. Even after we alarmed all the doors including the bedroom the kid would just shut the alarms off and mostly Thank God do silly stuff like move furniture, move linens the china cabinet, set a beautiful table etc. it was scary. Several times he woke up outside but once I got a visit from the police that he had been found wandering sound asleep. Thank God a neighbor happened to be at her kitchen window and saw him in the middle of the night. So I reserve judgement and feel for his mother.
I know that suicide is real and needs discussion to get people the help they need but Chris has a family and to act like we know what happened and say they are wrong for putting out statements and then wanting to grieve in private is in MOO cruel.
I think Chris & Stephen seemed like such a great team and adored them on TV. They don't deserve what is speculation and basically gossip about his tragic death, however it happened.
Taking a step off my soap box. :headache: All just my humble opinion.

They don't deserve what is speculation and basically gossip about his tragic death, however it happened.

I totally get your empathy with this situation and I have had a child with his own health concerns so I understand. As terrible as this is for everyone close to Chris, the sleepwalking theory as a cause of death is also speculation. And now that it's been brought up I think the public, especially those dealing with sleepwalking who may now be more fearful than ever, need to hear the evidence. Heck, have we official confirmation it was even a fall?? I would hate to think that a sleepwalking condition was falsely used as a cover for something else. I have faith that it wasn't, but let's be told and maybe some people will sleep a little better... no pun intended.

Ultimately, it does not really matter whether he jumped voluntarily or walked off the edge in his sleep. What is done is done, and his family and friends need to grieve in peace. :rose:

IMO gossip about his death does nothing. While I know his mother spoke out and I take her statement to heart, if nothing else comes out we should leave at it is so sad such a seemingly nice guy died.

While I have no horse in this race -- I think that the boys were charming, but their program is not my choice of program -- I do think that if it were suicide, it would be a shame to deny it. But that's just because my own bias is to try to prevent suicides in the future. Some of you may not care, and that's your privilege. I just think that the more people know about suicide, and its alternatives, the greater the chance of people choosing life instead.

While I have no horse in this race -- I think that the boys were charming, but their program is not my choice of program -- I do think that if it were suicide, it would be a shame to deny it. But that's just because my own bias is to try to prevent suicides in the future. Some of you may not care, and that's your privilege. I just think that the more people know about suicide, and its alternatives, the greater the chance of people choosing life instead.

But what if it was not a suicide. It would be very sad if he died accidentally and everyone of his friends and family believed he voluntarily jumped, without even leaving an explanation.

I would like to prevent suicides in the future. But I would also like to prevent dangerous situations stemming from sleepwalking. And it would be a shame to paint this as a suicide if it was a tragic, preventable accident instead.

But what if it was not a suicide. It would be very sad if he died accidentally and everyone of his friends and family believed he voluntarily jumped, without even leaving an explanation.

I would like to prevent suicides in the future. But I would also like to prevent dangerous situations stemming from sleepwalking. And it would be a shame to paint this as a suicide if it was a tragic, preventable accident instead.

I agree. In this case there are a bunch of reasons it would be useful information know what really happened. This has been a respectable discussion so far but to say it "doesn't matter" isn't helpful. After all this forum IS called web-"sleuths" which assumes people here are looking for the truth.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fiend_nyx
Back