Cindy & George on TODAY SHOW 10/22/08

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
My god they are in such denial. I have a feeling that if Caylee's body is found that they will say its not hers.

I wasn't the one to bring up the situation of "condemned murderer's parents"...I was merely responding to it.

I have never said that Casey has been tried and convicted of murder by a jury. Why would I?! That time WILL come and the sooner the better.

Yes, they probably were paid. However, during the course of their searches for their daughters, they used that time to beg and plead for their return. They used that time to rally the people together for searches dead or alive. They asked the public for their help and wept openly while showing determination in finding their children. Not at any time did I hear them go on rants about people who were actively trying to help them and a refusal. At no time did I hear a lie come out of their mouths or find a reason to distrust either one of their families. They never acted like they were above the law or anything except willing to learn the truth no matter the cost emotionally or personally with their finances. They were open books. They were not hiding behind lawyers and PR groups. They did not ever waiver on their stories either. Not one time. Never.

Another thing which has been so absent in this case is all the friends and members of the family helping them. Many people from B'ham went to Aruba at their own expense to help find Natalie. The Roca's friends were all over that town talking to people and walking trails.

There has not been even one friend or family member of the Anthonys who have been involved which I have witnessed. How can people live to be that old and not have a large group of friends?

I'll post the link for the story on the $200,000 "licensing fees" the Anthony's may have received for rights to videos that were sold to the Today show.

Sorry, now that I think about it, I'm not sure about links being posted. It's readily accessible through Google search.

You misunderstood my post.

*I* don't give a crap if my opinion of GA & CA isn't the popular one. Get it?
snipped

However, why is it bashing when discussing their actions. It is not our fault that they behave in such a way that the majority of people question them. There is no right or wrong...the is a very public case, it will be talked about, they will be talked about. What people need not to do...is take it personally.

I talked to my own mother about the case - she is following it as well.

In her words, "She would leave me out to dry if I had killed her grandchild" - no way she would support that and she would have to deal with 2 deaths (I'd be dead to her).

And you know what - I can't say I would blame her!

They bash them for simple human reasons...no one likes baby killers, and no one likes parents who lie for their kids. Nothing wrong with that.

Are you saying they're lying for KC by saying that Caylee is still alive? Or is there some other concrete evidence that proves the GP's know something and are actively lying to LE?

Cindy did plead on TV (very early on) once....it was after what she thought was a credible tip about Caylee in GA. I believe she said "don't take her into the mountains further away".

Shortly after, the family changed their agenda to Casey. I believe (jmo) that at that time, they knew Caylee was gone, their statements became more ludicrous, the PR agent appeared, they seemed to thrive on confrontation, accusation of LE and TES. The wild remark about the political gain thrown in on the day Casey was sentenced was just desperate and stupid. They sure do bite the hand that feeds them.

Personally, I don't want to see either of them on TV anymore unless they are in a courtroom with their mouths shut.

Sure wish someone would ask them WHY they said they first searched their own BACKYARD, even before LE (the first night of the news).

if I was told my family member had been missing a month, I would not first look in my back yard.....especially if I thought the missing was a live person.
This has always bothered me. If they insist on doing more interviews, people need to start asking the unanswered questions. Nobody wants to keep hearing the same old-same old.
They keep trying to convince us that Casey was a wonderful mother. Then why did they search the backyard? If George doesn't like what he smelled in that car--why doesn't he like it? If they truly believe Casey is innocent--tell us why. Don't make her sit in jail if you can prove her innocence. Tips? Share them now.
And I hope the Today show didn't think this boosted their ratings. It didn't. I just waited for the link. I think many people do that.

Another thing which has been so absent in this case is all the friends of the families helping them. Many people from B'ham went to Aruba at their own expense to help find Natalie. The Roca's friends were all over that town talking to people and walking trails.

There has not been even one friend or family member of the Anthonys who have been involved which I have witnessed. How can people live to be that old and not have a large group of friends?

TURBOTHINK: I was just thinking about this the other day. Where is their extended family, friends of the family, friends of G & CA? I would think my family would be doing everything possible to bring back that baby.

Another thing which has been so absent in this case is all the friends of the families helping them. Many people from B'ham went to Aruba at their own expense to help find Natalie. The Roca's friends were all over that town talking to people and walking trails.

This is a really good point. I was just out on the terrace, looking at the trees and sky and thinking about this very same thing. Friends, co-workers,... the elder Anthony's inner circle seems to be devoid of friendship or immediate support.

Are you saying they're lying for KC by saying that Caylee is still alive? Or is there some other concrete evidence that proves the GP's know something and are actively lying to LE?

Yes, I believe they are lying for Casey and lying to LE. They know the truth. If they say they believe she is alive, it means she is not dead=not murdered by Casey.

Personally, I don't want to see either of them on TV anymore unless they are in a courtroom with their mouths shut.

Respectfully snipped.

And that is why I made my earlier comment. I don't like the bashing of the GP's, but so long as they keep putting themselves out there, it's going to happen.

If they believe she is alive, I'm okay with that, since I would hold on to that hope as well. But they can do that in their own hometown by manning the tipline, handing out fliers, and other small things. They don't need to be on a morning show every other day.

The majority of the population does not like this family.(Do we need a poll for this?) It is very hard to have any type of conversations about any of them without negativity coming into the mix.
They just don't act normal, other families with missing/dead loved ones do cry and beg for their return, these people only want to talk nonsense.
I think the mods here need to understand exactly why these people are so disliked and why innocent people that may fall prey to them need to be warned about their wily ways.

I think the mods understand things just fine.

It's really very simple. We are not 5th graders. You don't need a poll, you don't have to like ANYONE, but you do have to be respectful. It means NO name calling. NO mean-spirited attacks. NO BASHING. What exactly is so hard to understand here? :mad:

I think the mods understand things just fine.

It's really very simple. We are not 5th graders. You don't need a poll, you don't have to like ANYONE, but you do have to be respectful. It means NO name calling. NO mean-spirited attacks. NO BASHING. What exactly is so hard to understand here? :mad:
AMEN to this post !

Yes, I believe they are lying for Casey and lying to LE. They know the truth. If they say they believe she is alive, it means she is not dead=not murdered by Casey.

I guess it's just that I disagree about calling that "lying." I firmly believe they think Caylee is alive, and I won't fault them for that, because deep down part of me WANTS to believe that also.

It's easy for me, though, to look at the evidence and decide that KC did, in fact, kill Caylee, but I don't think it's that easy for the people who held her little hand and loved her as a family member. Saying she is alive, IMO, is not a "lie" for the GP's, but a way of coping. Grieving takes a LONG time for some people, and there is no guideline for how it plays out.

That being said, I've said countless times that they NEED to stop doing these interviews.

Cindy announced on national TV that they have a new tip line. She didn't once bother giving a phone number with the national coverage she was getting. Instead she plugged in some chit about "poor Casey"....

Let me try to explain denial to you.

YOU are going to die someday, could be tomorrow. Your death could be long, slow and painful, violent, horrific, at the hands of another etc... No one knows how your life will end or when, only that your death is guaranteed.

agree?

How often do you spend thinking about it? Do you live everyday like it's your last?

If you're normal....your answers would be...yes, not much and no

that's the best way I can explain denial. Life would hardly be worth living if every minute was spent thinking about dying. So...your brain...denies it...daily........ so you can live your life.
Um, thanks for the working definition of denial, but I have a good grasp on what denial is. What the Anthony's are engaging in in NOT denial, in my opinion. You are entitled to your opinion, when I need a psych 101 refresher, i'll let you know.

I believe the Anthony's themselves have pretty much said outright that they know something and are not telling anyone
Isn't that what the whole Anthony family mantra , there's a reason Casey has acted as she has and everyone will "understand" once it comes out
This is one of the things that really bothers me.
The belief that Caylee is alive is fine, I understand that it is too much to think that she might not still be with us
But this notion that they know the real story, and for some reason, won't tell anyone is beyond belief

Just give the A's a break about their denial. They need to do this right now and they need to go at their own pace that's all Im asking, put yourself in my shoes or their shoes, you wouldnt give up either. GA needs his tent like I needed to pack a lunch, it's what is keeping him from going completely insane
CA needs to change Caylees sheets weekly and I would bet she makes her a plate at dinner too. Just cut them some slack.

Completely understood.

To me, where this crosses the line is when they go on TV shows with a different agenda and do so publicly. If this was a direct plea to the kidnappers, per other posts I'd concede that as appropriate.

Given that CA is using this not so much to find Caylee but to defend KC and spread reasonable doubt then, to me, that is where it crosses the line of reasonableness and compassion.

I have compassion if they do the things that they need to do privately, but when they are really just twisting info related to the case that does nothing to move forward the discovery of Caylee -- they lose me.

I think there is a world of difference between denial and spite/malice.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
saiyasofya
Back