Cindy & George Pick Out Jewelry for Caylee - (Cremation Jewelry?)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
unfortunately I think Momma doll is part of the evidence collected.....

So sad

unfortunately I think Momma doll is part of the evidence collected.....

So sad

I believe that if asked, OCSO, LE and especially Yuri and Allen, would move the earth to have Mama Doll returned for Caylee's burial. To my knowledge, it has no forensic value, so I believe they could get by in court with just pictures.

Caylee never went anywhere without it.

I believe that each of those professionals want to do right by Caylee in every way they can.

No one said they were :buying" jewelry for Caylee, what was reported "pick out jewelry for Caylee". Yes, you can put items with the body or remains of a person for cremation.

Buying or picking out is still the same...it's intended to be with the remains.

The reason I asked was not to knit pick but, was wondering if I missed a change in plans from a cremation as once mentioned before or had the A's now decided on a burial.

When my Brother was cremated, our family received all his jewelry beforehand and I was curious if that was because they do not allow it...now, I find out here that they do NOT...learn something new every day!

From personal experience of my BIL's burial, I know that his remains included his favorite sweat suit & the baseball cap that his children had given to him for Christmas.

The sad fact was that he had been decapitated and his remains mangled so, the funeral home laid his clothing & baseball cap on top of his remains. His wife & children even wrote letters plus their photos were to be buried with him.

If the A's do plan on a burial than I could understand the desire to include Caylee's favorite little things to be included...even Momma Doll...sigh.

Yep, my dad knew an old lady that loved her Cadillac so much that she was buried sitting behind the wheel...with her hands ON the wheel, like she was going to drive herself to Heaven.

Are you from the south? My boyfriend's dad was. Maybe we both heard about the same lady? :)

I think people do what they want. the grandkids stuck flowers up my dad's nose and I don't think that is typically done LOL>

When my father past we put a pack of Camel cigs and a small bottle of scotch. :crazy:

Someone refresh my memory, but didn't Cindy or someone say something not too long ago about her not being buried because she was afraid of someone digging her up? Well the only way to prevent that is by cremation and there's really nothing to cremate either, but why would she need jewelry or anything else if she were going to be cremated?

What? it is ?? You mean if I wanted to be buried with my wedding rings they would return them to my husband? Are you sure about this? (also Caylee is being cremated, not buried.)

Yes in most instances if you request the jewelry be removed, they will leave it on until right before the casket is closed and then remove the jewelry and give it to a family member. That's what they did when my mom died. I had decided to leave her jewelry on but the undertaker ask me if I was sure because it was something that couldn't be undone later on and sometimes the family wished they had kept it. I did keep her family ring after thinking about it, I gave it to my neice who would take care of it and hopefully pass it on to her daughter later on. It sort of made me feel better that way.

When my father past we put a pack of Camel cigs and a small bottle of scotch. :crazy:
LOL, that's cute.I was saying earlier we put a check for a million bucks with my dad and a bunch of other carp too. I think there was a good cigar. those grand kids literally stuck flowers right out of his nose.

Isn't Cindy an RN? Shouldn't she be aware of signs of suicicde?
Yes she should, but she should also have an understanding of decomposition, the smell of decomposition, and an understanding of dna.

You all can call me weird, I don't care. Before this came out about the jewelry, I was already hoping that maybe the A's would not just put little Caylee's remains in a casket with nothing, but rather include some of her favorite little things. Maybe a stuffed animal, maybe a favorite blanket, maybe her favorit doll, or maybe she loved jewelry, what little girl doesn't? I even went as far as thinking that I hoped they would even clothe her. I have a friend that used to work in a mortuary, and she has had personal experience where only skeletal remains were left, and family wanted their loved one clothed regardless. She explained how the team painstakingly clothed the remains, and also explained that it was not an uncommon request. I can see how this would bring comfort to the family, knowing their loved one was treated with this kind of dignity. I'm not even family to Caylee, yet honestly, it brings me comfort in knowing that the A's are trying to give Caylee this kind of dignity by including a few things that they know Caylee would love.
I agree. It is a way of showing love and giving dignity to precious Caylee, as well as helping to give Cindy and George some overdue closure.

Someone refresh my memory, but didn't Cindy or someone say something not too long ago about her not being buried because she was afraid of someone digging her up? Well the only way to prevent that is by cremation and there's really nothing to cremate either, but why would she need jewelry or anything else if she were going to be cremated?

In response to the part I bolded...she doesn't.

Funerals are to comfort the living. To some, symbolism and ritual are a comfort.

Will people say it is a WASTE if my kids have clothes put on me before I am cremated?

Nobody going to see me. I've specified that there will be no viewing. Should we stop dressing people who are going to be buried if nobody is going to see the body?

No matter how badly my body might be disfigured or destroyed by the way my life comes to an end, I WON'T fault my kids if they decide to put a favorite outfit and sentimental things into the crematorium with me. (or care if they don't)

When I am gone I want my loved ones to do whatever makes them feel better.

IMO

In response to the part I bolded...she doesn't.

Funerals are to comfort the living. To some, symbolism and ritual are a comfort.

Will people say it is a WASTE if my kids have clothes put on me before I am cremated?

Nobody going to see me. I've specified that there will be no viewing. Should we stop dressing people who are going to be buried if nobody is going to see the body?

No matter how badly my body might be disfigured or destroyed by the way my life comes to an end, I WON'T fault my kids if they decide to put a favorite outfit and sentimental things into the crematorium with me. (or care if they don't)

When I am gone I want my loved ones to do whatever makes them feel better.

IMO

ITA, and could not have said it any better.

IMO it has been quite obvious GA shows tons of emotion in regards to Caylee and what has happened. Didn't CA think for just a second that maybe he couldn't take any more?Maybe it would have been a good idea to spare GA from picking out jewelry for Caylee? Maybe this is something she could have done, knowing GA's fraile state. I'm not saying she isn't heart broken but could she possibly have spared his feelings on this one? It *appears* she quickly asserted that this could have maybe have pushed him over the edge. I don't know I just don't see her being awfully feeling or understanding about what others are going through. It seems to me she just pushes and pushes until people break. This is all my opinion and is from things I've seen throughout the case. I'm not placing blame but rather noticing that it appears everyone in this family looks out for #1 before showing empathy/sympathy for anyone else. It's all just sad.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove
Back