Cindy Over the Edge? Where are the A's?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for your kind thoughts. We had hoped for more years in prison, but with a plea bargain, it was 15. We were disappointed that the widow was not charged.

My mentioning the case was to illustrate that there are more people like Cindy out there who don't teach their children right from wrong and don't allow their children to take responsibility for their actions. It leads to a disregard for society's laws.

ITA and is also why I choose to speak out. People need to be aware in order for change to take place.

I suppose that's the million dollar question..

Agreed!
If Casey so chooses to implicate her mother, then Cindy will have the right of defense. If that doesn’t happen, then Cindy has no opportunity to defend herself against this witch-hunt. None.

Shall we lock all these awful parents up?
Paint an "x" on their forehead?
Shoot them?
Run everyone through a parenting course, if they flunk they get sterilized?
How about..teach them to say the words "WE WANT TO KNOW THE TRUTH?"

Just wondering...

No but society should be aware and know what to look for. We all live in this society. We cannot change them but we can educate ourselves.

Agreed!
If Casey so chooses to implicate her mother, then Cindy will have the right of defense. If that doesn’t happen, then Cindy has no opportunity to defend herself against this witch-hunt. None.

Well that is nobody's fault but her own. The only person that is responsible for your own behavior is yourself.

Problem is that sociopaths are usually also egocentric narcissists. For KC to outright confess, or even plea down to a lesser offense, she would have to first see it as "in her own best interest" or "benefit", - albeit, from the skewed perspective of a sociopathic/narcissist, of course.

Way too much "common" logic is used when trying to assign motives or agendas to KC. To fathom these you'd first have to perceive things from her perspective. While it is a "logic", of sorts, it is one that only functions within KC's own world, - one that is exclusionary to the consideration of everyone else.

great post!

They owed society to follow societies rules. Misleading LE, begging donations from well meaning people...interfering with searchers...all were inexcusable.

Yes they have great grief...but they also have the responsibilty all of us have at any time. Speak the truth, do not interfere with justice or blame the innocent.

I for one cannot just say "oh well, they are grieving" so lets not be harsh and just let it go...

THATS after all how their daughter got the way she is....ironic isn't it?

Yes, it is ironic. And thank you for saying you won't let them off b/c of grieving....I thought I was the only one thinking that way!.:crazy::behindbar

snipped

My mentioning the case was to illustrate that there are more people like Cindy out there who don't teach their children right from wrong and don't allow their children to take responsibility for their actions. It leads to a disregard for society's laws.

It seems that is more and more the norm these days. I have a much younger sister who is Casey's age and, I really hate to say this, but the similarities of not taking responsibility/sense of entitlement are there w/ her too (and all her friends, as well). My mom has raised her alone since she was 13. She's not sociopathic, and the degree of her actions is significantly less than Casey's, but its still very noticable to me since I am from a different generation and had both my parents raising me. Its hard nowadays b/c most parents have to work, and I guess kids are kind of left on their own more than when I was growing up. I say all this b/c I think a little of Casey's behavior is from the generation she grew up with. JMO (this should be in the psychological thread probably---sorry!)

Regarding CA going "over the edge, she'd first have to lose her lease on reality.

Oh,...urm, yeah,...right. :bang:

why should we expect to see them? They owe us nothing. They have finally figured out to keep quiet and deal with this mess privately. I say it's about time and it's the right thing to do.
ITA! The "search" for Caylee is over.

No but society should be aware and know what to look for. We all live in this society. We cannot change them but we can educate ourselves.

IMO Cindy and/or Casey would have sorted things out in time. At a minimum Casey would have learned the hard knocks of life when she left the nest, regardless of how good or bad her home-life was.

It was Casey/Caylee where everything started to go sideways. As a mother Casey had rights, and one of those rights was sole legal custody of Caylee. Society gave Casey that right....without question, regardless if Casey had the means to support that child.

Odd thing is there are thousands of families just like the Anthonys that we've never heard about. Because "something" provoked tossing out a young daughter - yes even with a child - and that mother did not commit murder. You may believe what you are seeing is a classic text book case, but society has never collected the data to know what families have been on the brink of disaster, and viola - the young mother matures into "a human" again. Thing is these parents are not jumping up and down to talk about the bad times. It's not fun...

As for education, I'm sorry, but I don't agree that plays a role in good parenting. Fine to say, but there are countless factors that influence what happens in a family. Easy to look back....shoulda - woulda - coulda but by then it's too late. Impossible to look forward into the future.

You do have the right to your beliefs however, and indeed I sincerely hope they serve you well.

You know, I wish I were so smart that I could watch, what, maybe 6 hours all total of TV and police interviews, and know everything about a mother who is more than 50 years (at least 438,000 hours) old, who I’ve never met once in real life. Wow.

I’m sad for me. The older I get, I realize the less I think I know......

So Casey had a rough life because of Cindy? So do we get to hear who Cindy can blame for who she was? And who that person can blame? We could be here a long time......

Maybe Caylee's murder was the great-great-great-great grandfather's fault?

I know that I don't have enough info to make an evaluation based on what has been presented to us. I tend to agree with you, PaddieAB.

Also, if we're after the truth, we have to be sensitive to the fact that most people are more apt to be forthcoming in a setting where they are not being judged. (Remember Yuri in the video with Cindy making a statement, where he was taking her hands?) If the environment is provided, hopefully at least an attempt at an honest accounting will follow. If we are sympathetic we can actually help in the short term, not only by sharing Cindy's burden, but through expressing that we want good things for her in her life, although they may appear to be a long way off at this moment.

It seems that is more and more the norm these days. I have a much younger sister who is Casey's age and, I really hate to say this, but the similarities of not taking responsibility/sense of entitlement are there w/ her too (and all her friends, as well). My mom has raised her alone since she was 13. She's not sociopathic, and the degree of her actions is significantly less than Casey's, but its still very noticable to me since I am from a different generation and had both my parents raising me. Its hard nowadays b/c most parents have to work, and I guess kids are kind of left on their own more than when I was growing up. I say all this b/c I think a little of Casey's behavior is from the generation she grew up with. JMO (this should be in the psychological thread probably---sorry!)

OT....but I always wondered if the "some (not all) young people not taking responsibility" started with putting that Children Service Dept phone number on the milk carton!!

I know that I don't have enough info to make an evaluation based on what has been presented to us. I tend to agree with you, PaddieAB.

Also, if we're after the truth, we have to be sensitive to the fact that most people are more apt to be forthcoming in a setting where they are not being judged. (Remember Yuri in the video with Cindy making a statement, where he was taking her hands?) If the environment is provided, hopefully at least an attempt at an honest accounting will follow. If we are sympathetic we can actually help in the short term, not only by sharing Cindy's burden, but through expressing that we want good things for her in her life, although they may appear to be a long way off at this moment.

I agree 100%. In any "true life" tragedy, the positive is never drawn out. The negative prevails. What I mean by that is there had to of been happy times in this family - we only learn of the ugly....because we know "the end" as far as Caylee was concerned. We are given a perception that's completely unbalanced....

The Anthonys go on living and I sometimes wonder if some people have touch with the fact they are living and breathing real life people ...strangers we have never met.

Your last sentence is right on!

I respectfully disagree with parts of this. I think they DO owe us, and many others, for the nasty comments, the accusations, for calling bloggers scumbags, for violent reactions to protestors, for trying to spin our heads 360 degrees, for hampering the search efforts of Caylees remains. They owe apologies.
However, I can imagine the horror of their reality right now. My own compassion for them is at a high level right now. We do not know what they are feeling either way- only what we would think and feel if we were in their position. I do believe they loved Caylee . I have 8 grandkids that are treasures in my life, and if anyone ever hurt them there would be no safe place on this earth for them to hide. For now I will believe that George and Cindy feel at least some of this same emotion.It is true that they could go see Casey at jail if both parties were willing, regardless of it being taped. You can show love and concern without being penalized for it- so I believe it has been a matter of one person refusing to face the other. Just my own thoughts.

And I have to agree with you here, at least the first part, they do owe the public something. They sure didnt mind using air time to tell us all how Caylee was alive and they needed funds to help look for her.

I have a problem believing C & G actually thought Caylee was alive after the smell alone in the car. Not counting the other evidence. My dollar sign radar has been going off ever since this thing started. When George went on LK and said what he said then I knew Cindy had gotten to him to keep up the facade. I think he didnt want to be a part of that and Cindy in her insanity made him. Now that the body has been found I think a heartfelt apology to everyone including law enforcement would help restore their image. JMO

Shall we lock all these awful parents up?
Paint an "x" on their forehead?
Shoot them?
Run everyone through a parenting course, if they flunk they get sterilized?
How about..teach them to say the words "WE WANT TO KNOW THE TRUTH?"

Just wondering...

If I were in charge, I would Baker Act all 3 of the Anthonys and let them get some serious psychological counseling for a year or so while detained.

I agree 100%. In any "true life" tragedy, the positive is never drawn out. The negative prevails. What I mean by that is there had to of been happy times in this family - we only learn of the ugly....because we know "the end" as far as Caylee was concerned. We are given a perception that's completely unbalanced....

The Anthonys go on living and I sometimes wonder if some people have touch with the fact they are living and breathing real life people ...strangers we have never met.

Your last sentence is right on!

I don't know how long they will keep on living though. Evil KILLS. The stronger EVIL will kill the weaker EVIL. They are both doomed by their own lies.

I agree with ALL of your posts on this thread, TurboThink! You are exactly right with this post too. There is simply NO POSSIBLE WAY that any normal (100% innocent) person could stroll into a fancy restaurant, wait to be seated, sit down at a table that is probably surrounded by other tables in a public restaurant, glance over the menu, place an order with the waiter, and then eat and drink and have a discussion (even if it was a brief discussion only about how the bill was going to be paid) with the waiter. All this just a few hours after you've just heard that a dead body was found in your neighborhood and it could very possibly be the dead body of someone in your own family!!!!! Honestly!! For anyone whose head isn't spinning over this.... just think about it for a minute!!! WHO DOES THAT?? I doubt I could even chew food or communicate with a waiter or use complete sentences to place a dinner order if I had any notion that someone in my family had been missing and a body matching that person had just been found down the street from my house. OMG!!!

There is something that just isn't right with this behavior, there is no explanation that would ever make sense.... just like there is no explanation as to why C&G kept saying that Caylee had been spotted here and there but couldn't explain why those "tipsters" didn't just walk up and say hello to Caylee instead of taking her photo and then running away or perhaps calling the police over to investigate (and taking a photo of that conversation too!).... if the tipster knew to take a photo, wouldn't the tipster have found a way to talk to the grownups with the little girl or the little girl herself..... Why would Cindy expect people to believe and assist with this tipster BS but wouldn't think that everyone would also like to know the answers to these questions too?

I could go on and on with all of the "behaviors" that just don't add up. It's hard to feel sorry for someone who acts as if they don't have to follow the same social guidelines that everyone else does about what is acceptable and what is not acceptable!

I admit that I have caught myself many times feeling sorry for everyone involved in this case (even the evil one, herself... very briefly) and trying to even imagine the terrible state that they are all dealing with, but then I stop and think about something else to avoid being pulled any deeper into this Twilight Zone of a case!

:applause::applause::applause:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member