Cindy said something happened 6 weeks ago?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
six weeks ago the Anthony's were informed of what the DT's defense was going to be:
Accidental drowning
GA sexual Abuse
Caylee dead since June 16th
Never was missing

all of it.

Six weeks ago, the Anthony's world ended as they knew it. They were confronted with just how far their daughter would take the lies to save her own skin.

Exactly. They didn't change their views so much because she was suddenly claiming sexual abuse by GA, but rather because with all the other previous lies, they could still fit them into their world and world view. There was some margin of doubt there. But now she is spitting out stuff that they know is 100% untrue, hurtful and hateful to them, and is admitting that she knew Caylee was dead all along. Their is a point were even the most delusional can no longer drink the cool aid. For the A's this was it.

Linda Kenny Baden came out on the 48 Hours special about how Zanny was a lie that Casey had made up. That was back around mid April, so it would put it about 6 weeks ago that it aired.

LKB said Zanny was a lie? I didn't watch it.If that true then Cindy realized ICA was Caylee's killer WOW.

Exactly. They didn't change their views so much because she was suddenly claiming sexual abuse by GA, but rather because with all the other previous lies, they could still fit them into their world and world view. There was some margin of doubt there. But now she is spitting out stuff that they know is 100% untrue, hurtful and hateful to them, and is admitting that she knew Caylee was dead all along. Their is a point were even the most delusional can no longer drink the cool aid. For the A's this was it.

IMO they were not delusional but parents who were in denial that their daughter was indeed a monster.

I think that this was the first they heard of them being thrown under the bus and being partially blamed- CA for not lifting the ladder and GA for the finding Caylee and burying her. As much as they wanted to protect ICA, I don't see them wanting to actually take part of the fault in the death of their beloved granddaughter. They couldn't do that to Caylee.

Regarding defamation...

http://injury.findlaw.com/defamation-libel-slander/defamation-law-made-simple.html

Lastly, in order for a statement to be defamatory, it must be unprivileged. Lawmakers have decided that you cannot sue for defamation in certain instances when a statement is considered privileged. For example, when a witness testifies at trial and makes a statement that is both false and injurious, the witness will be immune to a lawsuit for defamation because the act of testifying at trial is privileged.

JB is neither a witness nor a lawmaker. I suspect his opening statements are not protected from civil suit.

According to the Court, actual malice only occurs when the person making the statement knew the statement was not true at the time he made it, or had reckless disregard for whether it was true or not.

Legal eagles????

I am still a little confused on the meeting between GA, CA and the defense attorneys. Was it to say "here is what we are gonna say whether you like it or not so be prepared? Or was it to say "do you mind if we say this cuz it might help KC get out?" Or was it to say "here is what really happened on June 16th to Caylee (drowning) and the only way to explain that she never told anyone is for us to say she had been molested since she was 8?" I'm having a hard time with understanding what is really going on....because obviously they aren't helping KC anymore....and did the DT even have to have a meeting to explain anything to CA and GA? Couldn't they have surprised everyone (GA and CA included) and see how it played out? Or maybe they decided to try it on GA and CA FIRST to see their reaction? I guess what I'm really trying to say is first of all I'm confused by the meeting in the first place and I wonder what REALLY was said to GA and CA. Could that really be the first time they were TOLD that Caylee died, and at THEIR house? Ugh....someone help me say what I'm trying to say lol!! Cuz I mean in OS they said GA helped and knew....did they tell GA "we know you helped and knew" and now GA is lying on the stand? Or did they say "we are going to say you helped and knew to help KC" and now GA is backing out?? I don't know. I'm confused about all this. Is anyone else??

Rachelle in my mind it wasn't a meeting between GA and CA with the defense team or attn. It was a professional courtesy extended from the DT to the Anthony's attn. The DT probably IMHO contacted family the attn.

These attn's must have some working relationship (ethics perhaps even protocols?) and that is not defined by this particular case. These attn's work in the same community and will continue to work with one another after this case has been brought to resolution.

This isn't about the Anthony family or KC this is about that community of lawyers and the justice system in that county and all the people that must work with each other daily even after this case has finished.

JMHO.

Rachelle in my mind it wasn't a meeting between GA and CA with the defense team or attn. It was a professional courtesy extended from the DT to the Anthony's attn. The DT probably IMHO contacted family the attn.

These attn's must have some working relationship (ethics perhaps even protocols?) and that is not defined by this particular case. These attn's work in the same community and will continue to work with one another after this case has been brought to resolution.

This isn't about the Anthony family or KC this is about that community of lawyers and the justice system in that county and all the people that must work with each other daily even after this case has finished.

JMHO.

Thank you for explaining that! So maybe it went like this: DT to Anthony's attny: "just a heads up here is what our client told us happened so this is what we will be saying at trial....just lettin ya know."

Thank you for explaining that! So maybe it went like this: DT to Anthony's attny: "just a heads up here is what our client told us happened so this is what we will be saying at trial....just lettin ya know."

Or what if they went to GA's attorney and said "if you want to confess to what really happened, do it now or we're going to smear you in court".

:maddening:

Earlier this week Kathi Belich of WFTV said in one of her videos on the trial that she ran into Mark Lippman outside the courthouse and Lippman told her that they were informed of the DT's game plan by the SA (note not DT) 6 weeks ago.

Can't remember if that occured on day 1 or 2 of the trial, I brought up on one of the threads here along with the link to the video....just can't find that post now.

Would this 6 weeks ago line up with the SA questioning of the 2 new mental health witnesses JB tried to add? Not sure of when that was but it was recent.

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/tag/mark-lippman

George and Cindy Anthony learned about six weeks ago that their daughter’s defense planned to accuse him of sexual abuse, the couple’s attorney told NBC’s “Today” this morning.

“It wasn’t a surprise. The only surprise was the detail that was added by Mr. Baez,” attorney Mark Lippman told Ann Curry...

Lippman said if nothing during the trial is offered to support the allegations in the opening statement, he might take legal action against Baez. Lippman said that without any support the opening statement would be “nothing more than a story presented to hurt this family even more than they’ve already been hurt.”

Earlier this week Kathi Belich of WFTV said in one of her videos on the trial that she ran into Mark Lippman outside the courthouse and Lippman told her that they were informed of the DT's game plan by the SA (note not DT) 6 weeks ago.

Can't remember if that occured on day 1 or 2 of the trial, I brought up on one of the threads here along with the link to the video....just can't find that post now.

Would this 6 weeks ago line up with the SA questioning of the 2 new mental health witnesses JB tried to add? Not sure of when that was but it was recent.

That actually makes more sense than the DT contacting Lippman or the Anthonys.

MOO

so this makes sense too because if SA told Lippman of the DT gameplan then that is why Lippman put out the press release, basically to say something like "if the DT comes out and tries to say GA had anything to do with Caylee's death my clients want you to know it isnt true and they had nothing to do with it and basically are not in agreeance with what DT is going to say, not saying they are gonna say that even......just in case" I think I am on the right track now......now just wondering how the SA would know that...just a guess maybe with the DT trying to get the mental health people in to trial??

so this makes sense too because if SA told Lippman of the DT gameplan then that is why Lippman put out the press release, basically to say something like "if the DT comes out and tries to say GA had anything to do with Caylee's death my clients want you to know it isnt true and they had nothing to do with it and basically are not in agreeance with what DT is going to say, not saying they are gonna say that even......just in case" I think I am on the right track now......now just wondering how the SA would know that...just a guess maybe with the DT trying to get the mental health people in to trial??

That is what I think.

IIRC:
There were 2 new witnesses that the DT tried to add to the witness list very recently. The SA went to depose them and stopped half way through one of them and HHJP was called. Saw no details on what happened at that point but the DT withdrew those 2 names.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ljenkins18
Back