Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why six years for links between cases to be made public? What if initial cemetery rape had been mentioned to someone that was close to the perp? Could have been solved six years ago.

is crabstick still around? how many kms wide does this straight line need to be in order to run through karakatta and rowe park as well?

Too shocked to post. Does anyone have links to older Karrakatta articles or anything that contains additional details?

A few quick thoughts:

What is forensic evidence?
•DNA
•Blood type
•Prints (finger, foot, teeth, tire)
•Ballistics
•Fibers (carpet, clothing)
•Other trace (ink, paint, chemicals, rope, etc.)
•Weapon impressions
•???

When did police come out with the rope from the printing shop inquiry? Before or after 2009?

The blitz attack had to have been done in a way that the girls did not scream or drop anything, IMO.

Sounds like its linked by police reports. Sounds like someone or maybe more getting started. Sounds sexually motivated to me. Rape.

Forensically linked. Like I said, men in black are doin DNA swabs. They can turn up your house any time. Sure don't swab and become a POI. :)

Was he at murdering capacity then? So it was a van. What sort of van? The rape victim would have some idea of his physiology then. Height etc.

More importantly where was she abducted from exactly? Where was the planned dumping place if he had killed her? What was her name?

Had all the girls been raped in Karrakatta? Was there anyone in Karrakatta at night in 1997? No guards? So he took her somewhere no one would be that time the night?

I did say Mystery Man had a haircut looks like he is a driver, limo, funeral car etc. The haircut was a reverse taper? Cant remember what i called it. A hairdresser would know.

This is good news because the girl that was raped. She is going to provide a lot of information to police. Which is awesome.

Interesting about the bag over the head. Who uses vans? What sort of van was it? Interesting about the Chubb security guard. (Spiers "The watcher")

What did I say. Cloak, Dagger, Spier, Ryhmer. What was this girls name? Maybe he was learning?
Is he saying Ryme, Cloak Dagger Spier?

I think the cops are going to get them. They just have to find, who is not there. Who are the vanished?

is crabstick still around? how many kms wide does this straight line need to be in order to run through karakatta and rowe park as well?

My bad. I thought I had read dna was used to prove they were the same person. Maybe I was just hoping :/

The title of the report I read was "dna links fourth victim to claremont serial killer" maybe bad journalism..

bartholemeus - you say CG attack wasn't sexually motivated/she was still semi clothed? whereas Karakatta crime was rape. anyone care to try and explain this? (sorry if I have misinterpreted latest lot of your posting, but I thought that's what you were getting at)
Not quite what I said. I said there was talk of her not being raped however I this is unconfirmed. The crime is still sexual even though intercourse may not have happened.

i think the cemetery holds some significance for this freak. it is located close to Hollywood SHS. I reckon CSK attended Hollywood or lived extremely closeby. it's not a place you'd want to go unless extremely familiar with.
MyLeftFoot said she went to Hollywood from memory.

Other quotes from article:
"breakthrough has led them to abandon focus on Cottesloe public servant" (LW)

Says PW has been eliminated also
Got to say I'm far from convinced. Not surprised if PW has been ruled out but LW - he was unlicensed at the time I believe so could not have hired a van. But his parents ran a service station and he may have had access to one.

So if it is forensic, but it is not DNA. How long had Glennon been in that spot?

What wouldn't be a DNA match to match both victims? Maybe the person or persons saying its not DNA may like to tell us?

If its a van, did they Maxi-taxis then?

My bad. I thought I had read dna was used to prove they were the same person. Maybe I was just hoping :/

The title of the report I read was "dna links fourth victim to claremont serial killer" maybe bad journalism..

Why six years for links between cases to be made public? What if initial cemetery rape had been mentioned to someone that was close to the perp? Could have been solved six years ago.
Probably something to do with Jim Stanbury being moved off the case. Personally he has nothing to lose by throwing a line out.

If they came across this evidence 6 years ago the breakthrough must have come early in Stanbury's tenure. It's unlikely to be DNA so that means it's some sort of foreign body evidence like fibre, or a determination the same rope/cable/clothesline etc was used. Why was this not determined within the first 6 months of the original investigation?

Unanswered questions:

1. The Karrakatta victim ran to a hospital. Surely she was tested and examined meaning the police have DNA?

2. If the Karrakatta guy had a van then who is the CSK? Did one of the main POIs have access to a van at the time? Or is it someone completely different?

I got nothin crabstick lol

lol @Froglady. :)
So 1997 to 2009 and they didn't investigate similar reports at the time in the area? Rope, so if he bound the first victim with rope tied and she got away, she took the rope with her? How do you get away? Someone here mentioned Telstra rope? Telstra rope is used in mining and obviously Telco?

Have the police compared the DNA with that belonging to Mark Dixie, the convicted British murderer who was living in W.A at the time of the Claremont killings?

Does anyone know?

I imagine they have, since his DNA was apparently linked to a Thai girl who was raped in Subiaco in 1998.

But still, it is alarming to think that there would be more than one rapist killer roaming the streets at any one time.

http://blogs.theaustralian.news.com...n/comments/uk_link_in_wa_serial_murders/P100/

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1579461/Mark-Dixie-20-years-of-sexual-violence.html

[video=twitter;654816385428684800]https://twitter.com/AlyeshaAnderson/status/654816385428684800[/video]

You would think so. They have his DNA. Which also turned up on rape victims in Spain for which someone else is serving jail time in Spain. I know what your saying though.

And what happened to this TT taxi driver others were talking about?

Would love to be the one throwing the flash bangs when they smash them.

lol @Froglady. :)
So 1997 to 2009 and they didn't investigate similar reports at the time in the area? Rope, so if he bound the first victim with rope tied and she got away, she took the rope with her? How do you get away? Someone here mentioned Telstra rope? Telstra rope is used in mining and obviously Telco?

did you read the Post article?

It says telephone cable. Not rope.

Brett Christian said in an interview it was a commercial vehicle. If the girl was in a van with her head covered she would probably be able to feel the seats around her if it was a maxi taxi (I doubt these existed in Perth in 1996). It is probably safe to assume it is therefore a commercial van, with a whole lot of space in the back and only two-three seats up front.

Am I the only one thinking that photo does not look local to Pipidinny?
We can only assume police are searching a spot tat may be the kill spot. But I doubt the CSK pull over to the side of the road and did his business there, or walked away from the road and left his car there. Police (as per CIA episode) probably assumed the killer new the Pipidinny tracks like the back of his hand because they made the assumption the kill spot is down one of those tracks somewhere.
And after 20 years what possible new evidence could they get that would lead them to such a spot.

I'm not buying this whole thing.

http://www.news.com.au/national/cri...to-fourth-victim/story-fns0kb1g-1227571349023

Anyone know where this is? Article says police are searching an area close to the CG site. I wonder why all of a sudden now they think they have a lead to the kill site?

It doesn't say are searching it today. Maybe that pic is from a few years ago? Maybe they've even labelled it incorrectly.

But yes, just did Pipidinny Rd on google maps. I can see resemblance. It's closer to the green area on the map near the swamp I think.

It doesn't say are searching it today. Maybe that pic is from a few years ago? Maybe they've even labelled it incorrectly.
I don't know how much time you've spent in the Pipidinny area but I've been there once but driven up Waneroo Rd to Lancelin many times as well as places further north like Seabird. The vegetation is different. Pipidinny and surrounding areas are coastal sand dunes. That picture looks a fair bit more inland.

Could be legit. Could just be shonky journalism. Could be shonky police work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper