Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Listen to the 6PR taped interview with Terry Dobson; ex macro detective now solicitor. He goes into detail about the 2 chilean rapists that offended in Fremantle (and from memory Subiaco) as well -- prior to Claremont abductions / murders. It was Terry Dobson's other detail given out on that show that 1st mentioned his (and other detective's) suspicion that the Rowe Park / Karrakatta abduction / rapes in 1995 was connected to the Claremont abductions / murders.

google "rape case linked to Claremont serial killings - 6PR". The interview occurred on 16 October 2015.

Forgot to mention re your comment 'could be the only photo they could find (of Ferguson). I don't think so -- there were numerous photographs of Ferguson the press could have used in the current (2016) story; so the question is -- why did they use the photograph of Ferguson holding up a large white t-shirt with an obvious chilean based theme emblazoned across the front of it. Can anyone make out what is written on the tag inside the (rear neckline) of the collar area ? Size ?

Listen to the 6PR taped interview with Terry Dobson; ex macro detective now solicitor. He goes into detail about the 2 chilean rapists that offended in Fremantle (and from memory Subiaco) as well -- prior to Claremont abductions / murders. It was Terry Dobson's other detail given out on that show that 1st mentioned his (and other detective's) suspicion that the Rowe Park / Karrakatta abduction / rapes in 1995 was connected to the Claremont abductions / murders.

google "rape case linked to Claremont serial killings - 6PR". The interview occurred on 16 October 2015.
Interesting. BC seems quite genuine. At the end 6PR metioned Macro's stance which was "we won't comment in case it jeopardises the case". This could be potentially why they are only leaking to one media outlet - so they can distance themselves from any claims of purposely releasing info.

The Karra rape and any previous cases that may have been the CSK are just rapes (as opposed to rape and murder). Is it possible the killings were for no other reason than to avoid detection? A necessary inconvenience to the CSK to avoid detection. Meaning he's driven by sex way more than killing and potentially may not have a blood lust. Does this make it easier to stop? That sexual desire is not going to go away though.

The Gosnells rape occurred on 6 July 1994

The Gosnells rape occurred on 6 July 1994

At time of arrest on 4 September 2014 in South Australia (and then extradited to WA) -- at that time he had lived in SA for 15 years.

So that makes it he'd fled from WA in 1999(ish) which puts him in WA for many unsolved events including the abduction and rape of the girl in Northbridge that I posted a couple of weeks ago (and drink spiking in 1999).

Interesting to me is that he detailed on his FB page that he'd come from Fremantle -- he may have lived their during the Claremont events ? Julie Cutler's BF was supposed to have come from Fremantle and had an eastern euro background. Bryhn's surname and father's detail shows he is of that extraction.

I've also read (somewhere) that there had been a woman abducted in St George's Terrace approx 1 month prior to Cutler's disappearance (20/6/88) and this woman had her hands bound with some sort of binding and she was left (alive) under a bridge in Perth central. Trying to re-locate the article.

A woman named Sally Beatrix Greenham (ex Geraldton) went missing after alighting a taxi in Adelaide Tce early AM on 20/8/1987 -- she is still missing. Sally is not the woman referred to in above paragraph that was abducted 1 month prior to Julie Cutler.

The MO in the Gosnells rape is pretty similar to the Rowe Park / Karrakatta rape -- hooding, binding, blitz. With the Gosnells rape he had deliberately left the front door open, at the same time left the shower running to give the impression he was in the shower. When the woman entered through the front door, he blitzed her from behind.

He ran a cleaning business in SA -- if he ran a similar (and unregistered) business in WA he may have used a panel van. He may also have been responsible for cleaning a printer's establishment and had access to ink / clothes line etc.

WA police nabbed Bryhn via DNA.

Anyone able to find a photo that shows his face. There is one available on Westpix (snapped at extradition Perth airport) but his head is covered; shows a rotund body-type. Nothing on his FB page (he'd changed his FB photo just prior to arrest in 2014), nothing on his relatives/friends FB pages either. Very interesting photo on his FB page has a gorgeous blonde woman (similar hair style to Sarah and Jane) who appears to have been his 'current' flame. She is a catholic woman educated at Sienna College in Qld.

Kerry Suzanne Turner's abduction / murder (29/6/91 and found on 28/7/91 -- cemetery record) is now ringing bells in possible connection with Bryhn due to the location at Canning Dam where she was found in bushland and that location is not that far from Gosnells. Kerry had attended Pinocchio's Nightclub (formerly on Murray St Perth). Kerry's last known location was outside a cafe used by taxi drivers in East Victoria Park (cnr Shepparton Rd and Miller St) after having been dropped off there by a taxi due to not having the funds to pay for the taxi trip to Armadale -- where she'd intended picking up her car and other belongings she'd left at a an Armadale house -- I think this could have been her mother's address according to electoral role records. Kerry's last location on cemetery records is Bickley which is a where her father lived.

The Karra rape and any previous cases that may have been the CSK are just rapes (as opposed to rape and murder). Is it possible the killings were for no other reason than to avoid detection? A necessary inconvenience to the CSK to avoid detection. Meaning he's driven by sex way more than killing and potentially may not have a blood lust. Does this make it easier to stop? That sexual desire is not going to go away though.

They are not just rapes !

The 1989 Cottesloe /Swanbourne drive-in event was attempted rape and showed that offender was relentless in his endeavour in that he continually tried to recapture the victim after her initial escape.

The girl pulled from her vehicle adjacent to the Claremont subway showed the offender was absolutely brazen and relentless in his endeavour as well.

I can see where you are going with the 'inconvenience' discussion; but DNA testing was on the go well before 1995 and 1996 even though compared to today's practices it was in its infancy back then the perpetrator would have been well aware of police procedures.

As we have all opined at some stage, the perpetrator of Claremont murders / abductions and rapes may have left the state and carried out further attacks interstate. Bryhn fits this representation perfectly.

Yes that's interesting, that is a possibility.
I can't see that he would be raping women, and then switch to killing them without raping them also.
in the 6PR interview terry Dobson, if I remember correctly, commented that the Karrakatta attack and the CSK cases were exactly the same. I think that comment says a whole lot, considering what the public knows about those attacks seems quite different.

Dobson didn't say or indicate 'exactly the same' at all. Relisten to what he actually said.

The West Australian / Yahoo articles released yesterday also mentioned that one of the boys that had witnessed Sarah Spiers as she stood at the traffic lights on Stirling Rd / Stirling Hwy -- that the guy had felt it strange she was out alone given all the sexual assaults in the area and subsequent publicity. I find that very strange because I've not been able to find anything pre Sarah Spiers' abduction that detailed the sexual assaults in the area.

Dobson didn't say or indicate 'exactly the same' at all. Relisten to what he actually said.

The West Australian / Yahoo articles released yesterday also mentioned that one of the boys that had witnessed Sarah Spiers as she stood at the traffic lights on Stirling Rd / Stirling Hwy -- that the guy had felt it strange she was out alone given all the sexual assaults in the area and subsequent publicity. I find that very strange because I've not been able to find anything pre Sarah Spiers' abduction that detailed the sexual assaults in the area.

sorry if I am rembering incorrectly, maybe I am thinking of a different interview, I listened to it a few months ago. I will relisten to it.

re the sexual assaults in the area prior to SS going missing, maybe some were not officially reported but worried citizens of the community spread the word as a warning to others, so it may have been more like a rumour.

I can't see why he would be raping women, and then switch to killing them without raping them also.
No one knows if SS was raped because there is no body. JR's body wasn't found for 57 days and was heavily decomposed so it's unlikely anyone knows. CG apparently wasn't raped but if she was menstruating at the time then this maybe why he didn't. I think it's highly likely SS and JR were raped.

sorry if I am rembering incorrectly, maybe I am thinking of a different interview, I listened to it a few months ago. I will relisten to it.

re the sexual assaults in the area prior to SS going missing, maybe some were not officially reported but worried citizens of the community spread the word as a warning to others, so it may have been more like a rumour.

The news articles yesterday suggested these pre-SS sex attacks were 'high profile' so I'd say that is more than a rumour with reference to the articles' discussion re one of the 3 men who'd witnessed Sarah S.

You'd think, wouldn't you, that given the importance of these anniversary articles that special attention would have been paid to ensure details were absolutely correct.

No one knows if SS was raped because there is no body. JR's body wasn't found for 57 days and was heavily decomposed so it's unlikely anyone knows. CG apparently wasn't raped but if she was menstruating at the time then this maybe why he didn't. I think it's highly likely SS and JR were raped.

Only the perpetrator/s would know for sure.

9 June 1996 to 3 August 1996 equals 55 days, or 56 if you include the last day

I can see where you are going with the 'inconvenience' discussion; but DNA testing was on the go well before 1995 and 1996 even though compared to today's practices it was in its infancy back then the perpetrator would have been well aware of police procedures.
which is my point. The CSK may have felt leaving them alive means they go straight to hospital and dna is identified. Whereas kill them and dump them where they may not be found for a while and therefore reducing his risk of detection.

He also may have wanted to see the girls face to face and to do this means they eitheridentify him or he has to kill them so they cant.

He also might have changed from blitz to pick up meaning they would see his face.

which is my point. The CSK may have felt leaving them alive means they go straight to hospital and dna is identified. Whereas kill them and dump them where they may not be found for a while and therefore reducing his risk of detection.

He also may have wanted to see the girls face to face and to do this means they eitheridentify him or he has to kill them so they cant.

He also might have changed from blitz to pick up meaning they would see his face.

I'd be interested in reading your discussion regarding the information I've posted re Bryhn; in particular both his parents being buried at Karrakatta cemetery in the IA Presbyterian section very close to Monash Ave and where the 1995 rape victim was raped.

Newspaper reports also detail he (Bryhn) had been sexually abused as a child. Would raping a girl adjacent to his father's (and mother's) grave be significant. In my mind yes. What also strikes me is that both of his parents died at a reasonably young age -- mother 59yo & father 63yo. It would add more weight to the significance if the horrendous rape carried out in 1994 at Gosnells was actually carried out in the former home of his parents where his own sexual abuse had occurred.

My remark can in no way be described as 'feminist'. My remark was 'saying' that these rapes were just not rapes -- the perpetrator/s of these rapes and attempted rapes showed he wan't just about raping -- was all about control.
Sorry, I thought you were implying that I was a misogynist.

I guess in this case we are talking about "premeditated attack on unknown female" (as opposed to roofy rape, frienship rape and footy player rape) which I assume is all about power, as in - these men are sexually aroused by dominating women. The Cott Hotel/Lakeside Drive-in is an extreme case - he stalked her after she escaped.

Which fits in with the CSk.

Anyone have any data as to how many serial killers started out as rapists? I assume a large number?

I'd be interested in reading your discussion regarding the information I've posted re Bryhn; in particular both his parents being buried at Karrakatta cemetery in the IA Presbyterian section very close to Monash Ave and where the 1995 rape victim was raped.

Newspaper reports also detail he (Bryhn) had been sexually abused as a child. Would raping a girl adjacent to his father's (and mother's) grave be significant. In my mind yes. What also strikes me is that both of his parents died at a reasonably young age -- mother 59yo & father 63yo. It would add more weight to the significance if the horrendous rape carried out in 1994 at Gosnells was actually carried out in the former home of his parents where his own sexual abuse had occurred.
It's good research but not enough yet to prick my ears up.

What fits

MO - fits Karra guy

Cemetary - also fits. It's a bit TV crime show cliche but I believe this stuff is quite common with serial killers. The media articles tend to imply she was raped on the near side (to Claremont) because it often says "she ran to the hospital on the other side of the cemetery". Sort of vaguely implies he enter at Government Rd entrance and didn't go too far in. And as he went out same way she ran in opposite direction - towards Smyth Rd. That could all be wrong but that's what articles hint at.

Time line - also fits

What doesn't fit

The patch. The CSK had some sort of link or persuasion towards Claremont. If the CSK was from elsewhere and had some sort of issue with well-heeled women then he might have also gone Subi, Cottesloe etc.

The DNA. Whilst I don't believe they have CSK DNA I lean strongly towards them having Karra DNA. There's no match because no doubt they would have compared it.

No SK on loose in Adelaide during the time he lived there.

I'm open minded but need to see more before I get serious about this guy.

There's a lot of violent rapes in Perth's western suburbs during this time and almost none have been solved. If just a few were solved it would eliminate some theories pretty quickly.

It's good research but not enough yet to prick my ears up.

What fits

MO - fits Karra guy

Cemetary - also fits. It's a bit TV crime show cliche but I believe this stuff is quite common with serial killers. The media articles tend to imply she was raped on the near side (to Claremont) because it often says "she ran to the hospital on the other side of the cemetery". Sort of vaguely implies he enter at Government Rd entrance and didn't go too far in. And as he went out same way she ran in opposite direction - towards Smyth Rd. That could all be wrong but that's what articles hint at.

Time line - also fits

What doesn't fit

The patch. The CSK had some sort of link or persuasion towards Claremont. If the CSK was from elsewhere and had some sort of issue with well-heeled women then he might have also gone Subi, Cottesloe etc.

The DNA. Whilst I don't believe they have CSK DNA I lean strongly towards them having Karra DNA. There's no match because no doubt they would have compared it.

No SK on loose in Adelaide during the time he lived there.

I'm open minded but need to see more before I get serious about this guy.

There's a lot of violent rapes in Perth's western suburbs during this time and almost none have been solved. If just a few were solved it would eliminate some theories pretty quickly.

Bryhn detailed on his own FB page he lived in Fremantle; Claremont would make perfect sense for his ground.

Most of the detail about the Karrakatta rape and its' location within the cemetery detail 'deep in the cemetery'. IA Presbyterian section could well be described as "deep in the cemetery". I think the reference you say re "other side of cemetery" are journos' reference to the 'other side' when compared to the Gugeri/ Railway entrance side. The victim ran to the 1st place she could observe lights in Monash Ave - AI section is bang on Monash Ave.

There have been many sexual assaults and murders in the SA after 1999 - unsolved and victims not located.

Bryhn also had a long-term relationship in SA so that might have been his 'psychological' control factor as well.

IF they do in fact have DNA from Karrakatta victim it may have been degraded; as I posted a couple of weeks ago -- dying of hair degrades the DNA contained with hair cells. We don't know what material the DNA had been obtained from -- could be seminal fluid, hair, skin cells, blood. Seminal fluid if not stored correctly will degrade quickly.

In MY opinion the karakkatta rapist would of left a ton of dna after the rape which was matched to CG and this is why dixie and the likes have been ruled out
If they had DNA back then, why spend so much time on LW? PW and SR? Why bother with a 1 hour expose on Judoman (aka CIA)? Why not just test him and compare the results?

Dixie was allegedly ruled out in Dec 2006;

http://www.theage.com.au/news/natio...ms-in-australia/2008/02/23/1203467459989.html

SR and PW were outed publicly in 2004 and remained suspects for a number of years. I guess it's possible that scientific advances enabled a DNA read between 2004 and 2006 but this is unlikely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amakur