Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thinks its Denis Glennon that has some sway in the Liberal party? Labor use the Southern Cross in their logo?
Lloyd Rayney is Irish catholic? Is he?
Where was the Southern cross when any of these girls were taken?

It has been nearly 20 years- these girls deserve justice. Their families deserve justice. Sarah deserves to be returned to her family and friends.

Would an inquest help? Maybe. In the case of Daniel Morcombe, it definitely did. My impression was that they were pretty sure who was responsible for Daniel's disappearance, and needed the higher powers of an inquest to compel people to testify. Are LE as sure in this case? I would love to see an inquest that tested all the evidence, evaluated the investigation, and made solid useful recommendations. My fear would be that it would turn into a circus and cause even greater heartache for the families. So hard to know without knowing what the police already have.

Yes. From what I gather with Daniel's case, they had an inquest and were very certain that Cowan was responsible, but they had no solid evidence linking him to it, just speculation, his prior convictions and circumstancial evidence. They had nothing on him, his car came up clean for DNA, etc, and then the police did their undercover stint that got the confession out of him (which led them to his body). So in Daniel's case I can definitely see why it helped and why they might not have had a conviction otherwise. Cowan actually said he was very stressed out by being questioned by lawyers in a courtroom setting.

These girls need justice and Sarah does need to be found, but I think you're right. I think an inquest here would hinder the case.

I honestly think the police have a good idea of who it is, or at least a few people but they don't want to jeopardise bringing the evidence or the case to an inquest and shedding light on details they want to keep private because the media will eat it up and like you said, cause more heartache for the family.

I thinks its Denis Glennon that has some sway in the Liberal party? Labor use the Southern Cross in their logo?
Lloyd Rayney is Irish catholic? Is he?
Where was the Southern cross when any of these girls were taken?

What does Denis Glennon being affiliated with the Liberal Party have to do with the Labor Party's logo? Everyone has political views and sometimes they feel strongly enough to be affiliated with one political party.

Do you believe in the illuminati, by any chance? I know it OT but I'm curious.

Just a small correction suggestion for the detail about Sarah Spiers. She actually disappeared on Saturday 27 January 1996; last known (suspected) contact with anyone other than the perpetrator(s) was at 2.06am on that morning when it is believed she telephoned for a taxi.

Jane Rimmer attended Hollywood High not IPC. Jane is not buried in the catholic section of the cemetery.

The Claremont club and hotel strip was a known entertainment hub. there was nowhere else for the girls of this area to go for entertainment and socializing. I personally do not consider these crimes to be linked by religion.

Just a small correction suggestion for the detail about Sarah Spiers. She actually disappeared on Saturday 27 January 1996; last known (suspected) contact with anyone other than the perpetrator(s) was at 2.06am on that morning when it is believed she telephoned for a taxi.

:welcome6: alwaysquestion

Mark Dixie (a.k.a Shane Turner) was a suspect at the time. He returned to England after his overstay of visa in Perth, and is now in prison for the murder of Sally Anne Bowman, who matches the descriptions of the young women in Perth. I'm wondering if he is still on the suspect list? :thinking:

This was a pretty scary case once the 'serial killer' connection was released to the press as I remember. Not long before this, Ivan Milat was arrested, and it became evident that we have serial killers in our midst. I'm sure we have more with unexplained disappearances of young women/men over the years. JMO

Hi always question, and welcome!

As for Mark Dixie, this is what's on wiki:

In October 2006, Dixie's DNA was sent to Western Australia to be tested against that of the DNA evidence in the Claremont serial killer case between 1996 and 1997, as it is believed he was in the area at the time of the killings, and may have committed them.[12] At his trial for the murder of Bowman, an unnamed Thai woman gave evidence that Dixie had stabbed and raped her in Australia in June 1998 in Subiaco, Western Australia whilst Dixie was burgling her house; Dixie has yet to be formally charged with this attack, though a DNA sample from the woman's underwear has been matched to him.[13]

---- But was he really ever cleared? Maybe not.

"British detectives criticised WA authorities for deporting Dixie without trying to prosecute him or investigate his background further.

Some are also mystified as to how the WA Police managed to dismiss outright Dixie's possible link to the unsolved Claremont serial killings.

But Perth police yesterday insisted they had cooperated fully with Scotland Yard.

A WA Police spokesman told The Sunday Times: ``Mark Dixie was investigated by WA Police in relation to the Claremont killings but was ruled out by detectives, and UK authorities have been briefed on that.

"Bitish police have been to WA in relation to the Dixie inquiry and we have sent an officer to the UK to help them finalise the case.''

Dixie is currently subject to a WA Police investigation over a 19-year-old Thai economics student who was stabbed eight times and raped while unconscious in Leederville in June 1998. Her knickers were analysed and found to contain Dixie's DNA. The woman, now aged 30, gave evidence at the Old Bailey trial."

http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/how...115626368?nk=017cc8b53f3215cc8be5449aea8fc9f5

From last year: Dixie linked to rapes in Spain

Now, a judge at a court in the popular resort of Fuengirola has finally decided to re-open the case for which Romano van der Dussen has spent eleven years behind bars.

The El Pais report added that Australia is also seeking Dixie as an alleged murderer and serial rapist.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...n-served-11-years-bars-for.html#ixzz3PPgV4qWn

Bolded part: WTF.

Ciara Glennon was NOT taken on St Patrick's Day. She was however out with work colleagues and it was reported they were having an early celebration. St Patrick's Day is the 17th March. Ciara was abducted on 14/15th March.

Mr Coward is not a person of interest in the case. For many years he has been urging police to look closely at a former taxi driver he brought to their attention after the abduction and murder of Ciara Glennon in 1997.

Mr Coward is unsure why detectives wanted him to fill out the questionnaire or why they wanted his DNA.

Mr Coward said he told the two detectives he wouldn’t fill out the questionnaire or let them have his DNA.

“Primarily (that was) because I don’t trust them,” he said. “And because they had not, in my opinion, investigated the original evidence I supplied.

“(The detective) said he could not show me (the questionnaire) unless I complied and filled it out.”

http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/wes...uest-dna-samples/story-fnhocxo3-1227168035093

So --- if they HAVE DNA to match Mark Dixie's with, WHY can they not just come out and say "excluded by DNA" - the end? You'd think a piece of info like THAT would all over the news. But it's not...?

Speaking of Weygers:

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/nat...id-to-do-nothing/story-e6frgczx-1226656523632

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2004/09/24/1095961862193.html?from=storylhs

Macro also sent out questionnaires to “persons of interest,” which even included the query, “Are you the killer?” One recipient of the questionnaire was former Claremont mayor, Peter Weygers. His properties were later raided by police, including the home he rented out to friend, Stephen Ross, a taxi driver who claimed he’d given Sarah Spiers a lift in his cab shortly before her disappearance. The two men were later obliged to give DNA samples to police, but no evidence was found to implicate them in any crime.

http://www.thestarfish.com.au/the-claremont-killings-16-years-on/

Weygers and Ross, as "persons of interest", appear to also have been counted out, via DNA.

Can you imagine a serial killer actually checking "YES" next to "Are you the killer"? Can't fault them for trying, tho.

Cool, It said the 26th in Wiki. 27 means it was even closer to the Brigid feast of Feb 1
Heres my earlier ref
The 3 Patron Saints of Ireland

Sarah Spiers Missing Jan 27 - Brigit of Kildare - Feast day1st February
Jane Rimmer Missing June 9 - Saint Columba - Abbott of Iona - Feast day June 9th
Ciara Glennon Missing March 14 - St Patrick - founded abbey on Iona - Feast March 17th

The others were bang on the dates of 2 days or on prior Irelands patron saint feast days. Sarah was before and hasn't been found.

Yep, Rimmer apparently went to Hollywood? Someone had made reference that she might have started at Iona but it would be nice to have the facts. I don't have exact data. Plenty of non religious going to religious private schools. All Celtic surnames? Coincidence?

Not exactly. This area is popular because of its locality to many places. 15 minutes to Fremantle or the CBD, maybe less at night.
There were people coming much further a field at the time. Sure, it had locals as it should but people I knew had started going there from the wider area.

Explain why you think there is no connection to religion? You cant just say "I dont think". It doesn't add to the debate or a resolution.
Discount what I said with something. There is a possibility the person isn't religious but has carried out this malicious act for other reasons.
Serial killers do appear to have a pattern for a number of reasons.

The 3 Patron Saints of Ireland

Jane Rimmer Missing June 9 - Saint Columba - Abbott of Iona - Feast day June 9th
Ciara Glennon Missing March 14 - St Patrick - founded abbey on Iona - Feast March 17th

Jane Rimmer attended Hollywood High not IPC. Jane is not buried in the catholic section of the cemetery.

The Claremont club and hotel strip was a known entertainment hub. there was nowhere else for the girls of this area to go for entertainment and socializing. I personally do not consider these crimes to be linked by religion.

I know of one person that swore a slimmer better looking Dixie put a suit coat over her to get in a cab that came out of nowhere. When some drunk people interfered she seized the opportunity pulling away, feeling the situation rather dodgy. She said it happened so quick she didn't have time to think. Apparently he was smooth as silk.
Was Dixie going to use the coat to smother her in the back seat of the cab? Where is the cab driver now?

Hi always question, and welcome!

As for Mark Dixie, this is what's on wiki:

In October 2006, Dixie's DNA was sent to Western Australia to be tested against that of the DNA evidence in the Claremont serial killer case between 1996 and 1997, as it is believed he was in the area at the time of the killings, and may have committed them.[12] At his trial for the murder of Bowman, an unnamed Thai woman gave evidence that Dixie had stabbed and raped her in Australia in June 1998 in Subiaco, Western Australia whilst Dixie was burgling her house; Dixie has yet to be formally charged with this attack, though a DNA sample from the woman's underwear has been matched to him.[13]

---- But was he really ever cleared? Maybe not.

"British detectives criticised WA authorities for deporting Dixie without trying to prosecute him or investigate his background further.

Some are also mystified as to how the WA Police managed to dismiss outright Dixie's possible link to the unsolved Claremont serial killings.

But Perth police yesterday insisted they had cooperated fully with Scotland Yard.

A WA Police spokesman told The Sunday Times: ``Mark Dixie was investigated by WA Police in relation to the Claremont killings but was ruled out by detectives, and UK authorities have been briefed on that.

"Bitish police have been to WA in relation to the Dixie inquiry and we have sent an officer to the UK to help them finalise the case.''

Dixie is currently subject to a WA Police investigation over a 19-year-old Thai economics student who was stabbed eight times and raped while unconscious in Leederville in June 1998. Her knickers were analysed and found to contain Dixie's DNA. The woman, now aged 30, gave evidence at the Old Bailey trial."

http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/how...115626368?nk=017cc8b53f3215cc8be5449aea8fc9f5

Exactly, 2 days prior. Bodies weren't discovered till some time later.

Post #128
Ciara Glennon was NOT taken on St Patrick's Day. She was however out with work colleagues and it was reported they were having an early celebration. St Patrick's Day is the 17th March. Ciara was abducted on 14/15th March.

Some great points, yes, some time ago since school. The police have let everyone know the jewellery that is missing. The girls wore these particular items symbolic of their heritage. Claddah ring, a daisy or sunflower the police said. These symbols are formed with a compass and possibly sacred geometry. They are Celtic symbols with meaning someone from the region or with heritage may know. The interesting about catholic schools is that you don't necessarily have to be wealthy. Parents that can demonstrate low income get a rebate. These girls weren't necessarily wealthy. Truly wealthy people have a lot more than these 3 victims had. There is a lot of regional people that come into this area. Farmers kids have houses to attend boarding schools. A prime example of Mosman park, is there is a lot of flats. There is Homeswest housing in Mosman park. Once you get away from the river the price of housing falls off dramatically. Spiers was from South Perth, her father spent some time in the country working as a shearer.
2 of the girls were in the legal industry I believe, so was Corryn Rayney. Rimmer worked in daycare and lived in a flat. Hardly wealthy.
I think there has been too much focus on wealthy here. There is a lot of churches in these older areas.

There is another person with tunnel vision in another forum personally attacking people calling everyone crazy. This is someone who has posted greater than 120 posts in a fortnight.

We are going to sound a bit crazy. We are talking about serial killers here. The content is going to sound crazy. Someone has murdered at least 3 people in 12 months.

I felt the culprits might have some sort of ritual going on. A ritual relating to celebrated feast days.

Yeah, a few mentions across the internet about Mundaring weir. Much of the area is prohibited to the public. Water Authority staff only.

Trinity college Perth has an observatory

St Patrick's Day 17th - Go the Green again we celebrate St Patrick's Day in the Green at the Observatory.

Equinox: The autumnal Equinox occurs when the Sun crosses from the Southern to the Northern part of the sky. It can take place on the 20th or 21st of March this year its the 20th. On the day of the Equinox the Sun rises close to due east and sets close to due west.

http://www.ginginobservatory.com/in...ew&listid=4&mailingid=92&listype=1&Itemid=999

Crabstick, you have clearly spent a lot of time on this. I must admit, I am a bit confused. I can see where you are going with some of your info, but it all just seems so complicated. To play devils advocate, for want of a better term,

* If someone is anti catholic, and searching for catholic victims who went to catholic schools, why search pubs in the middle of the night? I know after a few drinks people are more vulnerable, but a pub trendy with younger people seems such an unlikely searching ground for catholic victims to kill and dispose of in such symbolic ways.

* It is very coincidental that the three girls went to the same school, however Perth is small in terms of capital cities and IPC is a big catholic girls school. Wealthy catholic families would send their girls there, and Claremont is a pretty wealthy area. I was shopping there yesterday- it is still a very wealthy area. There would be a good chance that girls out and about for the night in Claremont would have attended IPC. I thought, but may well be wrong, that IPC had a higher percentage of day girls, and other girls schools such as MLC had more boarders. If that is the case, IPC girls would be more likely to be in the area as adults than girls from other schools as they would probably have family in the area. Ciara was 27, it was a long time since she had been at school.

Your research is pretty comprehensive, thank you for sharing.

I missed the reference to Mundaring Weir- do I need to read back more carefully, or was something deleted?

Know your Claddagh from your Celtic Knot: Ultimate Guide to Irish Jewelry
Here at The Irish Store, we see (and love!) a lot of Irish jewelry every day. And sometimes we wonder – what does it all mean?! We know it’s super important to wear your Claddagh heart facing the right direction. But we can’t always remember why. So we found out everything you need to know about the top 11 most important pieces of Celtic and Irish jewelry. And we learned there’s a lot more to them than just pretty.

http://www.theirishstore.com/blog/2014/10/03/know-claddagh-celtic-knot-ultimate-guide-irish-jewelry/

Daisy Flower sacred geometry mandala kaleidoscope photo placed inside a 3 ¾ “across 1” high glass paperweight.

Formed by repeated circular rotations with each circle meeting at the center, the toroid is often seen in seed heads such as the sunflower and daisy family.
https://www.etsy.com/au/listing/171902669/daisy-glass-paperweight-sacred-geometry
http://www.suestudios.com/sacredgeometry.htm

We have two bodies laid at 347 degrees where the vector passes through Claremont. This is really a **** you at the police and has another story to it.
Its a look at me with my psychology, mathematics etc. These people want the cops to play a game. Only the select few have the clues, but is it one of them?
Did Rimmer have any jewellery or were the abductors working to a time line?
Starting to see my point?

If the person knows astrology then they can navigate a yacht. 2 yacht clubs in close proximity and the bodies are off the road and up and down the coast.
Does the Port Authority have media for these weeks?
This is an attack on police. An attack on the legal industry. Lloyd Patrick Rayney and Corryn Rayney also live in Como like the Spiers.
This person is evidently confident. They know the system. Who is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassie.ryan18