Closing Arguments- Chase Merritt Charged W/Murder of Joseph, Summer, Gianni and Joe Jr McStay #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh Come on, ffs. They need a 'court order' to tell them they cannot contact jurors during deliberation period?

I'm not so sure they are saying there needs to be an order to tell them they can't contact them, more that there needs to be a written order in place to charge someone with contempt. JMO

The defense lawyers/team is pretty much saying they are not responsible for Wallace's actions, they told him not to contact the jury and that was the extent to their responsibility, Serdahely explained to him the process of how to contact jurors AFTER the trial and the process by looking at her statement. Actually, after reading her statement, the guy probably thought he better get his card to them before the end of the trial, in hopes he will be able to interview them after... he's a dumbass IMO.

Cathy Russon‏ @cathyrusson 1m1 minute ago
#McStay - Defense attorney James McGee's affidavit states He doesn't remember specifically saying anything to Mr. Wallace about juror contact after jury selection but says he would have addressed it before jury selection.

D8bDEMzVUAAj4-k.jpg

I noticed his statement in 7.... After my medical issue in April 2019, my memory concerning......is not complete.

I'm appalled that he's taking the fifth. For what possible reason can he not attend court and tell the !@#$%^ truth about what happened. It just makes him look like a total dirtbag IMO.

So can the judge still find him guilty and sentence him criminallyÉ (that is supposed to be a question mark at the end of that sentence).

To be fair, any good lawyer would tell him to do that IMO If he's charged, that same lawyer may tell him to plead guilty lol He already admitted in court that he approached them. The judge already told him some of the consequences of that... it is what it is.

I'm not so sure they are saying there needs to be an order to tell them they can't contact them, more that there needs to be a written order in place to charge someone with contempt. JMO

The defense lawyers/team is pretty much saying they are not responsible for Wallace's actions, they told him not to contact the jury and that was the extent to their responsibility, Serdahely explained to him the process of how to contact jurors AFTER the trial and the process by looking at her statement. Actually, after reading her statement, the guy probably thought he better get his card to them before the end of the trial, in hopes he will be able to interview them after... he's a dumbass IMO.

Same difference. They KNEW that none of their team was allowed to contact any of the jur0rs, especially during deliberations.

And they have always claimed Wallace as one of their own. But now they are trying to distance themselves from him, and they say he and they shouldn't be held in contempt because there was no court order in place. I call BS on that defense.

For all the unethical things with this trial, it sounds like "collusion", DT and Wallace trying to stage a mistrial. This is the integrity of the DT....plead the 5th.
How many things have the FT done to cause disruption in this trial?
Coming to court late.
Unprepared for witnesses.
No witness ready.
Violating the court's order on the scope of DK.
"Sick" but out partying.
Witness isn't mine, have to wait for sickie to get "better".
Their client tampers with a witness.
One of their team approaches 2 jurors.
They didn't want a trial, they wanted more time to come up with a better story because what they said they were going to do in opening statements sure didn't happen.

Same difference. They KNEW that none of their team was allowed to contact any of the jur0rs, especially during deliberations.

And they have always claimed Wallace as one of their own. But now they are trying to distance themselves from him, and they say he and they shouldn't be held in contempt because there was no court order in place. I call BS on that defense.

Because they probably put him up to it......why else would he plead the 5th? Why in the world would he plead the 5th?!?!?! WHY????

I'd like to post a few photos of the family that perhaps haven't been seen by some. One is of Summer at a real estate picnic that I bumped into online and saved - have never been able to find it since. Another is of Joey as a young man, and then the babies, with Joey trying to be inconspicuous behind them. All so barbarically lost to the world.

Thanks for those. I will certainly shed some tears for these poor souls if there is a mistrial.

Tragic. Just shattering.

It's frustrating there's not many updates if any. Locals updating is the best.

Guess Wallace and the DT need to come up with a good one and haven't come to an agreement yet?

Sleazy person alert.
How Dare this jerk approach ANY of these jurors.
When his nasty biased documentary comes out (biased because you only hung out with the defence).
I will happily exert my freedom of speech to review said documentary.
Over and over and over again.
Then maybe another 100 times!!! I type fast.

Trying to make money off of 4 horribly murdered people puts me in a furious state of mind.

I agree. I think this is what they are saying.

I noticed his statement in 7.... After my medical issue in April 2019, my memory concerning......is not complete.

Interesting. Very interesting.

Does there need to be court order not to contact the jury? Is there a court order not to slap the judge? Is prohibition of jury contact already codified?
So many questions.

Everyone knows not to contact the jury, yes.
Contacting the jury on it's own is not a crime if you don't threaten, intimidate, coerce, etc.

Slapping the judge is illegal - it's assault, so that would already be able to be charged.

I believe the argument is that because there wasn't a court order he can't be charged.
Also that the whole team isn't responsible for his actions. Both very valid arguments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay