Closing Arguments- Chase Merritt Charged W/Murder of Joseph, Summer, Gianni and Joe Jr McStay #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that I know the jury has reached an unanimous verdict somehow I feel a sense of peace now.

I refuse to believe all 12 would vote NG for this baby killer especially knowing how well the state laid all of the facts out so clearly.

Imo, deliberating the amount of hours the jury did in deciding their verdict shows all along it wasn't a complex case for them to come to the correct answer.

No matter what the reasons for the delay it really isn't going to change anything. It is what it is. What is of most importance is justice is coming, and its closer than it's ever been in over 9 years.

If he is convicted, which I fully believe he will be x 4.... the sentencing phase will be very revealing when letting the jury know exactly who he is, and has been for decades.

In the next phase the floodgates will open wide, filled with cruel prior bad acts even before he committed quadruple homicide of this totally innocent family.

Jmho

It seems a likely scenario that waiting until Monday is to accommodate the family.

The snarky comments here about the jury have been pretty disheartening. So many conclusions drawn without having all the facts. Reasonable questions and criticisms of the court’s handling of a case are one thing, but some people here act like the trial should be tailored to the desires of followers of the case, like it’s a reality show. Everyone who has been following this case is impatient, that only makes sense, but if there is a reason it’s better to wait until Monday, that’s okay too.

Agreed. It is disheartening. It kind of feels like some feel their desires and demands to know now are more important than the needs of those actually involved in this case. Makes me a little sad.

That's my impression too. I think the judge does have other things going on on Fridays. I can't remember where but I've seen the schedules of judges at that courthouse. Their schedules includes Fridays. Even Judge Smith. Don't know if that's always the case.

MOO

You would think he would continue that stuff for somehing as important as a verdict, though. Our insider stated it was to give family time to get here so that's really it.

This is an interesting article how some of the jurors on the El Chapo case had fears when being picked to be on the jury.

I know that case is an extreme example of someone who really does have the power and control to make things happen outside of a prison. He was the guy that had a personal tunnel dug under his cell and escaped in the tunnel on a motorcycle. Obviously arranged tons of outisde help to get that tunnel built.

High profile murder cases just scare me in general because the defendant doesnt have anything to lose if they know they are guilty.

If he thinks the jury has decided guilty already , now he has all weekend to try to lineup someone by phone (or through a visitor visit) to try to stop Monday's verdict day any way he can.
Its very rare that anything would happen but I personally would lock myself in my house all weekend if I was a juror.

Inside the El Chapo Trial Jury Selection

El Chapo he ain't.

Now that I know the jury has reached an unanimous verdict somehow I feel a sense of peace now.

I refuse to believe all 12 would vote NG for this baby killer especially knowing how well the state laid all of the facts out so clearly.

Imo, deliberating the amount of hours the jury did in deciding their verdict shows all along it wasn't a complex case for them to come to the correct answer.

No matter what the reasons for the delay it really isn't going to change anything. It is what it is. What is of most importance is justice is coming, and its closer than it's ever been in over 9 years.

If he is convicted, which I fully believe he will be x 4.... the sentencing phase will be very revealing when letting the jury know exactly who he is, and has been for decades.

In the next phase the floodgates will open wide, filled with cruel prior bad acts even before he committed quadruple homicide of this totally innocent family.

Jmho

Wish I had your optimism Ocean. Going to be a long worry weekend for me.

But there might be other family members that the judge was concerned about. Maybe Summer's family, Or Joey's eldest son. Or Chase's extended family?

It may be. But it could also be the defense causing the delay, like they have so many times. What if they are up to something? Like filing an emergency writ to halt the verdict until some other decision can be made.

I am all for honoring the family wishes, and even the jurors needs. I'm just not sure that is the case.

Why and how is a defense team involved in a documentary? That seems super unethical. They're making money off their client's case in an unethical way, prior to the case being over.
And by all accounts have been there since day one. Wouldn't the judge have to sign off on that?
He is semi-retired, slow to anger and quite lenient.
Having said that, he pays close attention and is well versed on the case, asking the witness questions. Has given the attorneys wide latitude. My take is that he loves what he does and is in no hurry. MOO.

You would think he would continue that stuff for somehing as important as a verdict, though. Our insider stated it was to give family time to get here so that's really it.

As it should be. One of saddest parts of seeking justice for the Joey McStay family is their grieving family members have had to wait so long for it to happen.

Since they do not live in the area it's even been harder on them both emotionally, and financially to come to court when living hours away.

It had to even cause more stress, and frustration for them even if they did come ..when often they wound up not having court or very little hours of testimonies many days. My heart breaks for all of them. They have endured so much for so long.

Do you know if there is a fund setup by the courts to assist them monetarily?

Aren't they provided a victim's advocate to support them throughout the trial? TIA

My beautiful Gitana you know I have loved you for many years now. Thank you for loving me too.

You are so wise, always being helpful, but most of all you have a kind, loving compassionate heart, and you show it to us all because that is who you are.

Jmho

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members