Closing Arguments- Chase Merritt Charged W/Murder of Joseph, Summer, Gianni and Joe Jr McStay #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jessica Chambers / Mississippi

Hope CM rots in prison, can't wait until Monday.

Are you sure??

Wait... I'm following that case - court hearing on Monday?? I best get over there.
Thanks for the info!

And I "see" you are a new member to WS and this thread!

sgreeting_welcome_sign_general_100-109.gif

Example of one jury that didn't understand the meaning of unanimous.

Most Jurors Say They Wanted To Find Cadden Guilty Of Murder. But They Submitted 'Not Guilty' Verdicts

Hill told me: "Read the judge's instructions." Here's what the judge told them: "Remember that your verdict as to each charge must be unanimous."

Instead, the verdict form indicated that the jurors were divided by margins of nine to three, eight to four, and seven to five in favor of conviction.

Hill says he was the one who entered those numbers, along with the not guilty verdict that required all 12 to agree, which they didn't. He said he thought writing the numbers down was the norm.

I followed one case where this happened (it was live blogged, no streaming), the jury came back with a guilty verdict, jury polled, one said 'No', the judge sent them back to deliberate further, eventually they came back unanimous guilty. I'm pretty sure it was the second trial of three accused where one of the defendants had horns implanted in his head - there is a thread here for his trial (Caius Veiovis).

Found it, it was Chalue, the 2nd tried:

Jury in Berkshire triple murder trial of David Chalue will try again Friday to reach a verdict - masslive.com

No - I didn't follow that one - it's a different one....

Are you sure??

Wait... I'm following that case - court hearing on Monday?? I best get over there.
Thanks for the info!

And I "see" you are a new member to WS and this thread!

sgreeting_welcome_sign_general_100-109.gif
Thanks for the welcome!

Sorry I should have been more clear in my response; the Chambers case is where the jury was polled and discovered jurors vote was not unanimous.

I referenced Monday in regards to Chase verdict.

I am not sure whatever happened on the Chambers case, I got so disgusted with the mistrials. I stopped following the case.

Well - I'm going to guess you are about the same age as I.... 71 turning 72 in August! LOL! :D

and I sit here patiently awaiting this verdict!
impatient1.gif

and you all on the West Coast have it easy....

Yep, in fact I'm a little older than you.

I started following crime blogs in the very early 90s, and now I'm 72. :)

I live on the east coast so it will be 1pm EST for me when the verdict is announced.

Imo

Thanks for the welcome!

Sorry I should have been more clear in my response; the Chambers case is where the jury was polled and discovered jurors vote was not unanimous.

I referenced Monday in regards to Chase verdict.

I am not sure whatever happened on the Chambers case, I got so disgusted with the mistrials. I stopped following the case.

Okay - I was going to come back here - and say - wait Jessica's trial is over. But you are correct - when the Judge polled the jurors!

Yep, in fact I'm a little older than you.

I started following crime blogs in the very early 90s, and now I'm 72. :)

I live on the east coast so it will be 1pm EST for me when the verdict is announced.

Imo

I've been following trials since JonBenet. When I "discovered" the internet! LOL! :D

People need to start getting put to death for murder. Violence has always been around but it's worse today because people just act and dont think rationally when put under pressure or stress especially when money is involved.

I dont think prison is a deterrent to crime anymore. You get TV. Food. You can work. Go outside. Classes.

People need to start getting put to death for murder. Violence has always been around but it's worse today because people just act and dont think rationally when put under pressure or stress especially when money is involved.

I dont think prison is a deterrent to crime anymore. You get TV. Food. You can work. Go outside. Classes.
Statistically I think things are better. Violent crime is way down overall. CM is a dinosaur.

You may be right about prison, but it's very inconsistent from prison to prison.

Hi Brad!

When the death penalty was enacted it was never meant to be a deterrent to other murderers who may do the same like brutal murders in the future. It's an individual punishment always on the individual.

The death penalty option has always only applied to each individual defendant based on many factors concerning the individual crimes they have committed.

Crimes like CM has committed raises it up to the harshest punishment allowed. Imo, he truly is one of the worst, and deserves nothing less than to be sentenced to death.

So of course states who have the death penalty option it is the harshest punishment allowed that fits the nature of the crime for example CM has committed.

I do agree more, and more prison inmates have it very easy.

While our overall violent crime rate has decreased in the last 5 or 6 years ..the kind of murders we continue to see are very often horrific, brutal, and, sadistic overkills.

Some of the worst homicides against even total strangers I've followed have been committed in recent years.

Jmho

Last edited:

Death row prisoners in Calif will NEVER be put to death. But they don't have a lot of freedom to my understanding.

MOO

Hi Brad!

When the death penalty was enacted it was never meant to be a deterrent to other murderers who may do the same like brutal murders in the future. It's an individual punishment always on the individual.

The death penalty option has always only applied to each individual defendant based on many factors concerning the individual crimes they have committed.

Crimes like CM has committed raises it up to the harshest punishment allowed. Imo, he truly is one of the worst, and deserves nothing less than to be sentenced to death.

So of course states who have the death penalty option it is the harshest punishment allowed that fits the nature of the crime for example CM has committed.

I do agree more, and more prison inmates have it very easy.

While our overall violent crime rate has decreased in the last 5 or 6 years ..the kind of murders we continue to see are very often horrific, brutal, and, sadistic overkills.

Some of the worst homicides against even total strangers I've followed have been committed in recent years.

Jmho

But I wonder if over the years, crime hasn't really gotten worse compared to the population growth and people being more aware because of TV, the internet, etc.
Does that make sense? lol

MOO

of course I have an app't Monday at the EXACT time the verdict will be read
arghhh

As long as you have CNN or Fox News apps on your phone, you’ll hear about the verdict shortly after it’s announced.

It’s a big case.

I must've been looking at the wrong week cause I don't see anything on my calendar for that day/time, aside from it being my dad's birthday. I think I will install the CNN app though.

I must've been looking at the wrong week cause I don't see anything on my calendar for that day/time, aside from it being my dad's birthday. I think I will install the CNN app though.

Thankfully I can pick what time I go to work on Monday lol So I can either go early or late... haven't decided yet :D

Oddly enough, despite being disappointed about Monday, at my age time seems to pass quickly. Saturday is almost over and has been delightful. Working in the garden, nice weather, gearing up for a nice grilled dinner.
That being said, I feel for the family. Justice is long overdue. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
snoopE