Closing Arguments- Chase Merritt Charged W/Murder of Joseph, Summer, Gianni and Joe Jr McStay #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
omg so annoyed... you have no idea LOL I was trying to get it on 2 different computers and my phone when the mod said 'need a vpn if outside the US'... AS the verdict was being read... I knew they would screw that up somehow LOL

figures!

Sorry, but that is old news that was proven to be wrong. This was a viable fountain business. Companies bought a lot of them for their businesses. We saw the fountains and we saw the receipts for the supplies and the receipts for the welders and the shipping.

This was a fountain business and was doing great, in spite of Chase embezzling like the crook that he is.

<modsnip: personalizing>

Its heartbreaking to know how much Joey put his heart, and soul into EIP to make it so successful. Right when everything couldn't have been any better for EIP, and their family.... CM came in, and took all of their lives away, and destroyed everything JM had worked so hard to have.

IMO

Last edited by a moderator:
Great co- worker :D:D

It’s fantastic that now they will get to hear about what a nasty individual he truly was. All the time he ripped off people and the jail time. No amount of biased family chatter will change the facts that he is a nasty man.
Yeah, that’s something I’ve said a few times.

Even if you are convinced he is innocent, or that the prosecution didn’t prove their case; he is a terrible human being.

A predator in every sense of the word.

Oops, JD Crighton's tweets for those who're interested:

JD Crighton‏ @JDCrighton 3h3 hours ago
#McStay: Media ready to cover verdict in California capital murder trial..People vs. Charles “Chase” Merritt. #McStayFamily #ChaseMerritt

D8tVPG7VUAEcgi2.jpg

JD Crighton‏ @JDCrighton 45m45 minutes ago
BREAKING: A jury found Charles ‘Chase’ Merritt GUILTY of first-degree murder in the bludgeoning deaths of the McStay family, Joseph (40), Summer (43), Gianni (4), Joseph Jr. (3). #McStay #McStayFamily #CapitalMurder #chasemerritt

D8tzfL_VsAAtrVk.jpg

JD Crighton‏ @JDCrighton 43m43 minutes ago
#McStay: Special circumstances found in counts 1, 2, 3, and 4

JD Crighton‏ @JDCrighton 42m42 minutes ago
#McStay: All jurors were pulled and confirmed these were their verdicts. Twelve affirmative.

JD Crighton‏ @JDCrighton 41m41 minutes ago
#McStay: All jurors confirmed special circumstances . . . Twelve affirmative.

JD Crighton‏ @JDCrighton 39m39 minutes ago
#mcstay: They will begin the second phase tomorrow at 9:30 am.

JD Crighton‏ @JDCrighton 32m32 minutes ago
#mcstay: Prosecution estimates they will take three days in the penalty phase and defense estimates two days.

Defense stated that witnesses were there for the sentencing phase so why on earth is Judge putting it off until tomorrow?

Not sure , but PT did ask for discovery from DT for penalty phasec. JS wouldn’t allow it until a verdict came back so they need to get that discovery right away & prepare.

I am so relieved for the McStay family. It is bittersweet because I know the family would want to have their loved ones back.

I had worries given how long this trial was. I think the jury reached the right conclusion.

I think the real lesson is, don't murder 4 people, bury them in the desert and expect to get away with it.

Ha! He almost did though.

Had those bodies not been discovered, it would have been a case of knowing who did it, but not being able to prove it.

That sort of thing happens all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member