VERDICT WATCH Closing Arguments- Chase Merritt Charged W/Murder of Joseph, Summer, Gianni and Joe Jr McStay

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to agree this is about the fairness to the system and the defendant, not the accomodation of the Jurors per se. So, I am glad this has now been so decided. Here we go guys. May the deliberations be just and open and mindful and honest.

Anything is possible: little green men from mars could have POSSIBLY murdered the McStay family: hired killers could have POSSIBLY killed them, and on and on it goes.

Don't we need to check whether the little green men had ex conviction of burglary?

The question is not WHO POSSIBLY MURDERED THE FAMILY, The question is who, based on evidence beyond a reasonable doubt, murdered the McStay family? Sorry, but POSSIBLE does not get it. I believe the evidence points to CM- you may disagree with that, but the word "possible" has no place in this discussion. This is what defense attorneys do, they throw a lot of crap at the wall and hope something sticks. I hope the crap does not stick to the wall in this case.

But the PT has failed to prove CM is the culprit. They have failed big. They are desperate now.

So now it’s down to the Jury has anybody changed their minds from the beginning of the trial?

I was a fence sitter and wasn’t convinced Chase did this. Michael McStay was my number 1 suspect and he stilll makes my skin crawl but he is obviously just a awkward person and doesn’t come across well.

But after listening to the the first few weeks and then getting more into it was quite obvious to me it was Chase. I still think the prosecution could of been done a lot more professionally and better but that doesn’t change the fact Chase is guilty.

IMO MOO and all that jazz

An example that comes to mind would be the defense lawyers in the Lindsey Partin trial . Their tone was loud , argumentative and aggressive , even with the doctors who were involved in 3 yr old Hannah Wesche’s care ,as well as the coroner who completed the autopsy. They had no dog in the fight about WHO hurt little Hannah.
I don’t think the defense attorneys did their client any favors by acting that way.Quite the opposite.

Yes, their personal styles and how lawyers present their cases obviously can have an impact on what the jury ends up deciding. Being a "likeable" lawyer that is very clear and can lay out all the evidence in a nice orderly and understood manner is vitally important to the case.

As much as we are told in jury instrucdtions to concentrate only on the evidence presented, our human nature factor does play a part and whether we like an attorney or sometimes hate an attorney's style can influence our decision making on cases. Sometimes that influence is an involuntary reaction and we dont even realize we are becoming bias against a particular attorney, and ultimately becoming bias against that attorney's case.

The prosecution attorney in her closing gave me some "Marcia Clark" vibes from the OJ trial, and I never did like Marcia. :)

Yea, I am watching her now for the first time and something that people in college need to consider if they are thinking about being courtroom laywers is to really think long and hard if they are going to be a good public speaker and if they will like that part of the job.

Public speaking and presentations are a big part of being a courtroom laywer arguing a case. And its the audience reaction to their presentation skills which is very important.
Some laywers may be great lawyers but their presentation skills may not be well received.

With that said and with this being the first time I have watched her, I am being put off by her style. She is coming across as angry and basically shouting/screaming. I am getting a negative reaction to her style. And that does affect how I think about the case because even without thinking of any evidence I am starting to feel like I dont believe some of what she is saying. And there is no basis to think that other than her style which is not being received well by me.

JMO of course.

I’m sure she is angry.watch the Defense closing yesterday. Lie after lie. Calling the PT names. It was BS.

RSBM

Dr Rudin used points he selected on the truck, the one which led to the rejection being the side marker light at the rear. If his assumption about the illumination being the side marker light was erroneous his results were flawed. He made a very simple exercise sound very complicated and it was virtually impossible for the jury to understand his methods and the meanderings of his mind, IMO. Simply put, if it was the latch that reflected he would not have had the truck underground. It would not have been a rejection.

It's obvious with the re-painting of the truck and the impossibility of replicating the conditions of that night, that the prosecution would not agree to his unreasonable demands for a reconstruction.

For the first time I've been able to see what they are talking about when they refer to what could be the electrical box on the front bumper, in closing arguments.

I grabbed a screenshot - click to enlarge

View attachment 186850 View attachment 186851
The vertical distance between the reflection and the headlight seen on the surveillance video is much closer than the distance between the electrical box and the headlight seen on the photo of the truck.

Don't we need to check whether the little green men had ex conviction of burglary?

But the PT has failed to prove CM is the culprit. They have failed big. They are desperate now.

That is certainly debatable- the jury will decide which side they believe

court back in session jury present. for discussion with jurors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members