VERDICT WATCH Closing Arguments- Chase Merritt Charged W/Murder of Joseph, Summer, Gianni and Joe Jr McStay

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Defense is claiming entire house was a mess and covered with dirt and dust. No signs of blood. Anyone else watching this, think he brought them one at a time into bathroom and blundered them? Where the crime was committed has haunted me from beginning. I know this has been discussed over and over but it is such a loose end for me.

Dust could of easily of settle within the time frame
of the family being Murdered and him cleaning. I
Am forever dusting as it comes back to quickly.

Yes McGee, one person can kill 2 adults and 2 toddlers, all by themselves---it has happened many many times.
Umm, hmm. Especially, if planned well beforehand and you start poisoning the male victim for several months. Then attacking a tiny 110lb woman and 2 babies? What would be so difficult about that?

Richard K. De Atley‏Verified account @RKDeAtley 25m25 minutes ago
McGee was going to play 15 minutes of audio of investigators interviewing Merritt in February 2010. But technical problems. "Looks like this is not going to happen." So McGee begins summarizing from a printed transcript projected on courtroom screens. #mcstay #chasemerritt

Richard K. De Atley‏Verified account @RKDeAtley 24m24 minutes ago
Now finds a spot for which he has audio. #mcstay #chasemerritt

Richard K. De Atley‏Verified account @RKDeAtley 11m11 minutes ago
McGee circles back to opening statement, that prosecution is using confirmation bias to fit Merritt into the case. "This case was brought forward not on evidence but on ego. Throw it up, see what sticks." McGee says of the prosecution.

Richard K. De Atley‏Verified account @RKDeAtley 4m4 minutes ago
"This case screams for not guilty. This case screams for Mr. Merritt to be acquitted," McGee tells jurors. Calls the prosecution case "a fraud." #mcstay #chasemerritt

Richard K. De Atley‏Verified account @RKDeAtley 3m3 minutes ago
Noon recess. #mcstay #chasemerritt

Cathy Russon‏ @cathyrusson 5m5 minutes ago
#McStay - McGee: "This case screams for a not guilty verdict. Maybe San Diego can pick this case up again and get that family justice."

D7wXrauU0AAc4up.png

Cathy Russon‏ @cathyrusson 2m2 minutes ago
#McStay - McGee is done with his part. Defense attorney Rajan Maline is going to pick up after lunch at 1:30 pdt/4:30 edt.
Cathy Russon on Twitter
(GIF at link above)

Richard K. De Atley‏Verified account @RKDeAtley 1h1 hour ago
McGee says family not killed on Feb. 4. Says they were active in house on Feb. 5. "The clothes they are wearing are the clothes that you sleep in," McGee says of the remains found. Says it appears from what was found in kitchen that it was breakfast time. #mcstay#chasemerritt

Am I wrong here? I thought there was a carton of eggs out and beef rotting on the counter AND two little bowls of popcorn on the couch. I thought the little bowls of popcorn were probably snacks for the kids and who knows what was going to be for dinner. Some people put an egg in their meatloaf. I don't think it can be assumed it was breakfast time.

Richard K. De Atley‏Verified account @RKDeAtley 25m25 minutes ago
McGee was going to play 15 minutes of audio of investigators interviewing Merritt in February 2010. But technical problems. "Looks like this is not going to happen." So McGee begins summarizing from a printed transcript projected on courtroom screens. #mcstay #chasemerritt

Richard K. De Atley‏Verified account @RKDeAtley 24m24 minutes ago
Now finds a spot for which he has audio. #mcstay #chasemerritt

Richard K. De Atley‏Verified account @RKDeAtley 11m11 minutes ago
McGee circles back to opening statement, that prosecution is using confirmation bias to fit Merritt into the case. "This case was brought forward not on evidence but on ego. Throw it up, see what sticks." McGee says of the prosecution.

Richard K. De Atley‏Verified account @RKDeAtley 4m4 minutes ago
"This case screams for not guilty. This case screams for Mr. Merritt to be acquitted," McGee tells jurors. Calls the prosecution case "a fraud." #mcstay #chasemerritt

Richard K. De Atley‏Verified account @RKDeAtley 3m3 minutes ago
Noon recess. #mcstay #chasemerritt

Cathy Russon‏ @cathyrusson 5m5 minutes ago
#McStay - McGee: "This case screams for a not guilty verdict. Maybe San Diego can pick this case up again and get that family justice."

D7wXrauU0AAc4up.png

Cathy Russon‏ @cathyrusson 2m2 minutes ago
#McStay - McGee is done with his part. Defense attorney Rajan Maline is going to pick up after lunch at 1:30 pdt/4:30 edt.
Cathy Russon on Twitter
(GIF at link above)
Richard K is excellent. Far better than Cathy

Artie Ojeda (@ArtieNBCSD) | Twitter
Fireworks in Chase Merritt trial. With jury out of court, prosecutor accuses defense of misconduct and violating rules of professional conduct. Why? During closing, defense asked why prosecutor didn’t call a McStay business partner, in violation of judge order.

Safe to say prosecution team was really angry. Defense said he didn’t know not to bring it up because he was not in court at time of judge ruling. McStay family reacted with disgusted sigh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
verydemureverycute